Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sir Olpeg's Abode  (Read 6438 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: November 17, 2003, 11:08:22 PM »

Sir Olpeg’s abode seems to be the only other building that is erected from stone in Eresh besides The Regal Rusik, though the tavern is still by far the largest standing structure. The exterior of the house was modest-looking, and you notice a little patch of private herb garden at its side.

As you spotted the front door, you notice a stout, bearded man wearing a light suit of armor with the insignia of the royal guard of Kyrania. It is obvious that all visitors wishing to have an audience with Sir Olpeg would need to report their presence with this guard standing attentively at watch.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 11:07:22 AM »

Ryldor followed the directions to Sir Olpeg's residence, though they were hardly needed. The building stood out amongst its peers almost as much as the Rusik did. Breaking into that place might be kind of fun. Ryldor quickly shook his head to get rid of the idea. If I'm going to become a Lord, I'd better stay focused.

Upon seeing the guard, Ryldor tried to decided what tactic to take. The truth? Rich merchant? Princess seeker? Hmmm.

"Hello sir. My name is Ryldor Gadriel. I, like seemingly everyone else in this town, have made my way here to Eresh, in the hope of finding the missing princess, but now I find myself quite taken with this little village. I'm hoping to set up some business ties here in town and I know better than to ever begin such things without the go ahead from the local lord. I know the hour is getting late, but I was hoping to talk to Sir Olpeg. Would he be available?"  

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 11:52:22 AM »

The bearded guard looked Ryldor up and down as Ryldor approached and made his case. The guard made a note of Ryldor's pointed ears, and wondered what an elf was doing requesting an audience with Sir Olpeg. Looking at Ryldor's red jacket and red ribbon on his dark hair, he mused to himself and wondered if the tales that he had been told as a child was true, that all elves were priestly and monkish ... well this one didn't look any bit like what he was told about.

Eyeing Ryldor in an odd polite way, he spoke, his voice gruff and deep, "Sir Olpeg is currently having an audience with the emissary of the Prince, good sir, and after that, Sir Olpeg will retire for an early supper. Whether Sir Olpeg would wish to grant you an audience will depend on ..." he gave Ryldor a quick scan again, as if trying to determine or deduce his status and resources, "... your stature and good name from where you come from. And where would that be, good sir? Are you a merchant? An Elven lord? Or?"  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 06:00:22 AM »

"Me? An Elven Lord? Perhaps someday, maybe even someday soon, but not today. I am indeed a merchant my astute fellow. Well mostly a merchant. A bit of a swordsman as well…," Ryldor said slowly pulling his sword a few inches out of the scabbard. The poor condition of the blade should be obvious to any guard. He continued as he lowered the sword back, "Although I'm sure I'm nowhere in your league as a warrior. Anyway I was making my way from Caelum to Horth to meet some suppliers. You know how business people can be. Totally into themselves. Never caring that you have better things to do than travel days to meet them, just so they can ramble on… Errr… Kinda like I'm doing now I guess. My apologies sir. Anyway, I was hoping to set up some trade with the good people of Eresh. So will Sir Olpeg be available?"

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 09:25:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The guard watched and listened to Ryldor ramble on and on, grunting when he saw the pathetic condition of the blade that Ryldor showed him. Ah, those merchants. The guard was a man of few words, usually, and he was not fond of any sort of goobledy-gook talk, but the word "trade" caught his attention. Sir Olpeg would probably be interested in setting up a trade route, why not?

"Well, Milord Ryldor, i believe that Sir Olpeg might have an interest in your proposition. However, as i mentioned, Sir Olpeg is having an audience with an emissary from the Prince as we speak. So i trust you, merchant, to be polite and have decorum. You may enter, but please seat yourself in the seating room as you go through the door, and wait for a servant of the Lord to call for you."
With that, he swung open the front door, and gestured for Ryldor to make his way in.

Ryldor entered into a lavishly furnished sitting room, with sturdy polished wood furniture and lace and linen. One could not have expected such grandeur just by looking of the exterior of Sir Olpeg's residence. As Ryldor seated himself on one of the comfortable couches, straight ahead of him was a wooden door that was slightly ajar, and a man servant stood right besides it, who nodded politely at Ryldor as he took a seat.

Make a post before the plot moves on Ryl ... be creative ;)

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 11:43:22 AM »

Ryldor sat on the lavish sofa, and said "Hello my good man" to the servant while he surveyed the room. I wonder how far I'd get I tried to get break in. I doubt the locals are as good as city guards. Oh well. I'm here. He looked around and took in all the possible entrances to the room, making note of the quality of the locks on the front door. He also mentally appraised the items in the room, trying to pick out the most valuable pieces that he could carry away in a hurry. Just in case.

He turned his attention to the slightly ajar door. He did his best to get as much of a look through the door as possible without looking as if he was looking. He also tried to tune out the ambient noise to pick up any words coming from the room.

Finally, he made eye contact with the manservant and said "Well, lovely little village here. I'm thinking about making my stay a more permanent one. I was wondering if you had some advice to help me make my way around. Some little local tidbits perhaps."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 02:13:22 PM »

The manservant stared at Ryldor with a piercing gaze, his expression full of annoyance. Holding a wiry finger to his lips, he narrowed his eyes at Ryldor and made a "SHHHHH!" sound. Obviously he was not interested in any manner of talk, and he really wanted silence in the room.

Silence ensued for a while, and in the silence, Ryldor could hear faint words that was part of a conversation, and the person who was speaking those words sounded quite agitated, "Do you know ... very displeased! Mind you ... and if anyone knows ... the Prince ... Caradol too and ... your head! You need ... what happened with the Princess ... no one! If ... you and ... so make sure ... Captain Gavrin too ..."

The words melted off again into an inaudible drift. Moments later, a tall, regal looking middle-aged man clad in finery stormed out of the room, slamming the door against the wall as he pushed it open, and headed out the front door in a huff.

The manservant peered inside the room full of concern.  

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 09:56:22 AM »

Ryldor stood as the tall man walked past. He started to say something, but the older man was gone before he had a chance. Quickly the elf took a step to improve his field of vision, in the hopes of seeing into the room, again without being obvious. As he maneuvered, he tried to make sense of what had heard. Two names – Caradol and Captain Gavrin. Someone is very displeased about something. Something to do with what happened to the princess. Something that no one is supposed to know. And it might cost somebody his or her head. Why does this seem like a worse idea with every passing day?

Ryldor decided not to say anything. Hopefully he'd find out some more before anyone remembered he was there.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 01:54:22 PM »

The manservant peered concernedly into the room, only to be waved away nonchalantly.

Turning around, the manservant noticed that Ryldor had taken a step forward and was trying to see into the room. Making the annoyed expression again, the manservant barked out irritatedly, "Hey, what do you think you are --"

At that very moment, a middle-aged man stepped out of the room and closed the door softly behind him. The closing door was all that Ryldor managed to see of the room.

Striding out of the room, seemingly unperturbed by the unpleasant tone of the conversation that had just taken place, the man stood regally as if addressing his adoring subjects from the balcony of a grand palace. Clad in lavish silk tunic and pants, he had a slick moustache that accompanied his short plaited ponytail with a blue silk ribbon tied upon it.

Turning his sweeping gaze towards the manservant and then to Ryldor, his voice boomed out, thick and rich, with a slight nasal quality to it, "Ah, another guest, have we? Perhaps you would care to join me for the evening meal, Milord --?" He looked questioningly towards Ryldor, waiting to be told of Ryldor's name.  

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 08:01:22 AM »

Ryldor took a step forward to greet the gentleman he assumed was Sir Olpeg. "Ryldor is the name, good Sir. And I'm not a Lord… at least not yet," he said with a smile as he extended his hand. "I would be honored to join you for a meal. I'm a merchant out of Caelum and I think we should discuss what I hope would be some mutually beneficial business arrangements. But first you must tell me about your tailor. I'd hoped to be the most stylish man in town. Now I see I've failed miserably."  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 09:16:22 AM »

Sir Olpeg's booming laughter filled the room. He was used to flattery, but it was new thing for him for flattery to be coming from an elf. "Ah, Ryldor, my dear sir, you jest, but pleasantly so!" He chuckled again. "You have a business proposition for me, you say? Well then, i would be delighted to hear about it over dinner." That seemed to be a cue for the manservant, for he briskly walked off into another room to the right, which Sir Olpeg subsequently led Ryldor into.

It was another lavishly furnished room, and this one had a round table with exquisite dining ware all laid out. As Ryldor and Sir Olpeg entered, the manservant was just setting out an extra set, apparently for Ryldor. There were three sets laid out on the table, and Sir Olpeg motioned for Ryldor to take a seat besides him at the table, as he did so himself.

As they were both seated, the dainty figure of a young woman entered the room, dressed in fine silk and jewellery, her dark brown curls tied up in an elaborate bun. She seemed far younger than Sir Olpeg by many, many years.

Stepping up daintily to Sir Olpeg, she kissed Sir Olpeg on the cheek, "How did the meeting go, darling?" Sir Olpeg smiled back, trying to hide his apparent concern, "Very well my dear, all very well." He waved a hand at Ryldor, "And may i introduce Ryldor, my dear, a merchant from Caelum who has a business proposition to discuss with us over the evening meal."

The young lady pursed her lips and seemed to pout at Sir Olpeg, "Oh dull business matters again ... i wish you would invite more interesting and lively company darling!" Before Sir Olpeg could answer, she turned around with the swishing of her dress, and came up close to Ryldor, flashing him a mesmerizing smile as softly spoke, "A pleasure to meet you, Ryldor, sir," she winked at Ryldor as she noticed his pointed ears, "And i am the baronness." as she held out a satin gloved hand to Ryldor.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 06:20:22 AM »

Ryldor followed Sir Olpeg into the dining room and once again thought about making a quick grab-and-dash. I'd make enough off of the haul here to open an inn in any number of places. Unfortunately, he'd have to silence both Sir Olpeg and the servant to escape and that would probably prove difficult. That thought didn't stop the elf from thinking about the possibility as he took a seat at the table.

Out of the corner of his eye, Ryldor saw someone entering the room. Assuming it was another servant, he started to reach for his glass to ask for some wine, but his hand never got there, so captivated he was by what he saw. She was a vision of loveliness, as if the heavens themselves had placed her in the room. His heart broke as he watched as she walked over and kissed Sir Olpeg's cheek. Well if I didn't want to kill him before… Ryldor barely listened to the discussion, but gathered that the Lord wouldn't want his young bride finding out about the dressing down he'd just received. That might come in handy.

The baroness made her way to Ryldor with a wink and a smile that made him melt, but her comments about him being boring shocked him. ME?!?! BORING?! He rose as he gently kissed the back of her hand. "My lady, I've been called many things, but never boring. And I see I have yet one more reason to envy Sir Olpeg." he said as he let go of her hand, "My name is Ryldor Gadriel. And you are?" He held his hand out toward her seat, inviting her to sit down, after which he returned to his chair.

"Well Milord, I didn’t realize that we'd be having such a lovely dinner companion. I'd hate to… bore her." he said with a smile. "Perhaps you both could tell me a little about Eresh and then we can briefly discuss what I have in mind."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 12:22:22 PM »

The baroness laughed softly, her laugh ringing out like little pleasant ringing bells.

"My lady, I've been called many things, but never boring. And I see I have yet one more reason to envy Sir Olpeg. My name is Ryldor Gadriel. And you are?"

"Ryldor, is it?" The baroness rolled her tongue a little as she said Ryldor's name, sounding like she was purring out his name. "What a delightful name ... with a name like that, how can one be boring? I am known as Lady Rivya," again, she sounded like she was purring contentedly when she said the R in her name, "But you, my dear sir, may call me Rivya." Rivya rose a satin gloved finger to her lips and caressed them, as she smiled at Ryldor and seated herself.

"Well Milord, I didn’t realize that we'd be having such a lovely dinner companion. I'd hate to… bore her. Perhaps you both could tell me a little about Eresh and then we can briefly discuss what I have in mind."

Sir Olpeg laughed at Ryldor's comment, "Ah, women! What do they know about the things that matter? Perfume, trinkets, fine dresses ... that's their world and if you give them that, you have given them the world." He smiled at Ryldor and reached over to stroke Rivya's shoulder, and Rivya merely smiled sweetly, to no one in particular, at Sir Olpeg's comment.

Sir Olpeg then proceeded to clap his hands, and two more servants seem to appear out of no where, carrying with them platters of steaming dishes, which they carefully laid out on the table, and then disappeared ... somewhere again.

Sir Olpeg waved his hand over the food laid out on the table, "Now then, Ryldor, please, help yourself. What there is to know about Eresh, is little. It's one of the smallest villages under the Kyranian Kingdom. It wasn't even a dot on anyone's map, until the unfortunate incident of the Princess ..." A hand rose to stroke the moustache, "But apart from that, there's not too much here to ... crow about ..." Sir Olpeg eyed Ryldor with great interest, "But perhaps a good business proposition and trade route can change all that, no?"

Rivya bent over towards Ryldor as she reached for the jug of red wine on the table, carefully pouring a generous amount into Ryldor's glass, "Some wine, Ryldor?" It was as if she was determined to distract Ryldor, as she murmured his name softly with a sweet smile.  

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 02:26:22 AM »

Ryldor sampled the various dishes and wines and was very impressed by it all. I have to become a lord and in a hurry. He continued to eat as he listened to Sir Olpeg talk about Eresh and decide that enthusiasm was what was needed.

"And a good business proposition it is. You say that Eresh wasn't a dot on the map, but it's much more than that now. While there's no one who doesn't wish that the Princess wasn't still here, her disappearance has brought this small town into the spotlight and I think we have a great opportunity to capitalize on that." Ryldor raised his voice slighty and started shifting in his chair as he spoke, looking back and forth between the two. "Caelum and Horth are both growing towns, but with a week's travel between the two, a stop here is almost a necessity. You're sitting on what will be a major trade route in a few years and I think there's plenty of money to be made. If we could establish Eresh as a trading center, merchants on both sides, could cut their travel times in half, and all of that's without any mention of Naios which is less than a week away." Ryldor continued to raise his voice incrementally, quickened the pace of his speech and became more demonstrative with his hands. He hoped that the Lord and Lady would feel excitement in him. "And the best part is the Shivering Woods. It's just the kind of thing to keep Eresh's name in prominence. People like… danger, for lack of a better word. The heart racing, the feeling of overcoming something; that's just the kind of hook you need and you've got it here. You've got one inn. I would love to open a second, maybe even a third soon, just to show those towns we're here to stay. Messages should be sent to all three towns telling the merchants there that Eresh is looking for wares to trade. People shouldn't be able to mention trading with Caelum or Horth without the word Eresh…" Ryldor trailed off abruptly. He paused for a moment, breathing heavily. "Sorry. I didn't mean to go on like that." A sip of wine. "Anyway, I think we could really have something here."  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 01:17:22 PM »

Sir Olpeg listened to Ryldor's animated proposal with interest -- though whether it was feigned or not, it was hard to tell. Lady Ryva, on the other hand, tried to look interested, but it was apparent that she was not ... or so was the expression on her face.

The manservant that was standing in waiting behind Sir Olpeg and Lady Ryva however, seemed to be mighty interested in what Ryldor had to say. He craned his neck slightly forward, as if eager to catch every word that Ryldor was saying.

Sir Olpeg stroke his moustache briefly after Ryldor had finished, before speaking out again in a ponderous tone, "Ah, you seem like a very shrewd businessman, Ryldor." A faint smile crossed his face, "Yes, yes, i like your enthusiasm, but there are two things that ... concern me, about what you just mentioned."

He dabbed a napkin at the corner of his mouth, "Firstly, i doubt that the royal family would be ... pleased with your idea of making profit out of the Princess' disappearance" He shook his head repeatedly. "And myself, i would have to ask you to stay away from those Woods, Ryldor. That's the best thing to do." The tone of that sentence was perhaps a little too stern. Sir Olpeg cleared his throat and shifted in his seat, "And secondly, have you ... consulted with our Bretha regarding your ... idea of an inn?"  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]