Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Main Encampment  (Read 30436 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2004, 03:56:22 AM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

((OOC: :lol  :rollin  Fluffy, what a totally cute and funny post!!!))

Yerun went as pale as a ghost as Fuzzytail poked out of his jacket. He already felt like someone had thumped him hard on the head when the guard hailed him, and he couldn't believe what Fuzzytail declared loudly, "Boo! I am the mighty spirit of the woods! And what I'm doing inside this jacket is not of your concern. But take my advice, stop drinking during your watch. Wine makes you see things that others do not see. Now off with you! By the way, I don't recommend you to tell about talking mice to your friends"

Rolalf was stunned. It all happened in a flash too, that weird squeaky scratchy voice that came from within the boy's jacket somewhere speaking the Tharian tongue, with the little blurb of something that had popped out of the boy's pocket and then leapt into the darkness again. Rolalf shook his head hard and rubbed his eyes even harder. What did he just see? What did he just hear??What the??? And what was this about talking mice???

Looking around him warily, wondering about wood spirits and the like, Rolalf decided that he had had a hard day, and it was all in his head. Besides, nothing seemed to be bulging or moving within the boy's jacket anymore at a second glance, so he waved Cacunai and Yerun forward, as he scanned his surroundings again for wood spirits and disembodied voices and such.

As Cacunai stepped into the light of the campfires, she came upon one that had about four men sitting in a circle, each munching hungrily at pieces of roasted meat. None of them seem to notice the approaching elf lady and the young boy, and Rolalf was just making his way back behind them.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2004, 04:35:22 AM »

As Fluffy popped out of the jacket, Cacunai barely stopped herself from burying her face in her hands. However when he made his little speech and the guard's eyes widened, her difficulty turned to having to keep her laughter inaudible. Still snickering, she led "Arkantos" over to one of the campfires; it had four men seated around it. She stood silently for a moment, considering what to do now, then stepped forward and said softly,

Pardon me, sirs, have you a crust to spare for one who is weary?

Too late she realized she had used the same phrase that she had used with Rolalf. But he wasn't there, so it should be all right.... She awaited the mens' answer with the classic pose of interest - one hand up by her face with fingers cocked, waist slightly tilted, head cocked the opposite way - and remembered the first time she had tried doing this pose. She had exaggerated it to the point of ridiculousness and had not gotten her answers... but that was many years ago, and she had improved considerably. Subtlety was the name of the game.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/31/03 21:30
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2004, 07:08:22 AM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

Yerun approached timidly but hungrily towards the four men and their campfire along with Cacunai. The aroma of roasted meat made Yerun's mouth water.

"Pardon me, sirs, have you a crust to spare for one who is weary?"

Two of the men looked up towards Cacunai while the other two continued chomping away at the big cuts of meat they held in their hands. One men grunted, and he cocked his head sideways to see Rolalf walking back towards them, waving to indicate that everything was ok. The men grunted again, and then turned back towards Cacunai, patting on a stump besides him, his bushy dark beard glistening in the light of the fire.

"Take a seat now, miss. And your boy too. This is no place for a woman and child to be at this hour ..." he handed both Cacunai and Yerun some dry bread as another man stood up to possibly get more meat. As Rolalf made his way back, the guard with the beard spoke up again, "So, where are you and your boy there heading too and where are you from?"  

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2004, 07:18:22 AM »

Thank you, your kindness is appreciated.

Cacunai nodded gratefully and seated herself daintily on the stump, gesturing for Yerun to find a place to sit. She gnawed on the dry bread, thankful she had strong teeth (XD).

Oh, thither and yon you know, thither and yon. I am Jalil'sadei of the traveling harlequin, but I was seperated from my troop many years ago. I picked up Arkantos, here,

(she gestured to Yerun)

quite recently. Now we're on our way into the forest to try to gather a few select herbs. I need them for a dye I am making; my cloak is in need only of a certain color, and it will be complete. The fabric is a special type, you see, and repels most dyes.

Let them think me a talkative simpleton. They will accept my word more readily, she thought. The roasting meat smelled delightful, and her stomach growled of its own accord.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2004, 05:07:22 AM »

As in the city, Kiushapo made sure to walk on the opposite side of the path from Elric. He admired the boys enthusiasm, but he really needed to watch where he was going.

As the camp came into view, Kiushapo suspected Elric needed the rest he was suggesting more than he himself did. He was still ready to walk through the night if that's what it took, but he wasn't sure about Mina. "Rest is sounding good Elric, lead on. And while we are walking, perhaps you could be telling us a little more about this Lieutanant Dorrum."

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2004, 06:45:22 AM »

Sitting by the campfire, Yerun could feel Ramblers coming out of his jacket. The rats sneaked around the guards in search for some unwatched bread or maybe an apple or a tomato.

The wind blew from the north bringing the scent of Fuzzytail with it and the Ramblers knew he was near.

((OOC: Sorry, I'm completely out of ideas now. Not sleeping all night long is something I would not really recommend to do at New Year :badidea  ))

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2004, 07:37:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

((OOC: That's ok Fluffy! Get some sleep now  >D ))

As one of the four guards returned with two more cuts of meat, handing one each to Cacunai and Yerun, Rolalf had also made his way to the campfire, and had taken up a seat on the other side of the bearded guard, and had caught most of what Cacunai had said. Biting in his half-eaten piece of meat, Rolalf spoke with his mouth full, "Going into the forest, Miss?? Don't you know where you are, Miss?? Tis the Shivering Woods, no place even for men like us, much less --" he tried to remember what Cacunai had called herself, "-- a travelling harlequin and a scruffy young boy!" He picked up one of the metal cups on the ground and downed its contents thirstily. "Nay, we shall give you shelter tonight, and you and your boy better be on your way first thing tomorrow morning ... if you want herbs, you don't want it from these woods here, believe me."

Yerun listented nervously to what Rolalf had said. He knew that there was something really bad in the woods. Somehow he knew. But he didn't know exactly what, or he couldn't remember. As he bit into the tough roasted cut of meat, he looked imploringly towards Cacunai, hoping she would ask about Kestrel. The Ramblers had scrambled out from his jacket, and he had no idea where they had ran off to. He wished Fuzzytail was there right now ... he didn't someone to do the talking for him.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2004, 06:48:22 AM »

Thank you sir, for warning us, I had no idea! But sir, someone named... Kestrel, I think it was, told us the herb I wanted would be found in there. Do you know anything about Kestrel?

She accepted the meat readily and began to rip bits of the meat away from the bone. She could see no way of eating it except with her hands, so there ya go.

OOC: Don't feel bad Fluffy, I'm fresh out of ideas m'self!

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/1/04 22:49
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2004, 08:06:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

"Thank you sir, for warning us, I had no idea! But sir, someone named... Kestrel, I think it was, told us the herb I wanted would be found in there. Do you know anything about Kestrel?"

The bearded guard spat a piece of bone fragment to the ground as he grunted to Cacunai, "Kestrel?? Are you sure you were talking to Kestrel? Must be a different Kestrel. The Kestrel everyone here knows is totally crazy. Lives by herself at the edge of the woods. Funny thing is, she used to be a herb lady too." He continued munching on his meat.

Rolalf nodded at Cacunai, "Jerome there is right. Whoever told you about whatever herb you are looking for must be as mad as our Kestrel as well. Whatever the reason, you don't want to be going into the woods or near any mad woman. If you tell us where you are going, we can point you the right way the next morning."

Yerun had a worried look on his face. Kestrel, crazy??? That can't be good. He wondered if Cacunai would continue asking ... he looked around frantically for Fuzzytail, hoping to spot the little mouse scrambling around in the dark.  

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2004, 07:33:22 AM »

Really! She seemed quite sane when we were speaking to her... well, I suppose you're right; it was probably some other Kestrel. As for your proposition, I'm afraid we had no plan. We simply wander, occasionally performing. But oh, I must have that herb! It is the only one I know of that produces the distinct violet I am looking for. Sir,

She perked up suddenly as if she'd had an idea, and looked hopefully at the guard.

could you take us to Kestrel? If she was a herbarist too, at one time, she may know another that produces the same effect. I think I'll be able to defend Arkantos, and myself, if she goes insane while we're there,

A hint of a smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. in all actuality, she could probably wipe out Kestrel before she spoke two words. Not that she would, of course.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/1/04 23:34
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2004, 12:13:22 AM »

Mina and Kiushapo followed Elric to an encampment of some sort.  I wonder where we are.  This does not look like a mere outpost.

At the perimeter, Elric turned around and confirmed that they were indeed not at the outpost.  Apparently the outpost was still some distance away, and Elric had decided to stop by the encampment for a rest first, before setting out again the next morning.  

"Rest is sounding good Elric, lead on. And while we are walking, perhaps you could be telling us a little more about this Lieutanant Dorrum."

"Yes," Mina agreed, "I think we should get some rest too.  But where exactly are we?"  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2004, 02:53:22 AM »

Slowly and silently wandering through the dark, Ramblers looked for something tasty to eat. The air smelled of meat and old bread, but there had to be something else. Leaving the campfire behind, the rats followed the guard who was about to bring some cuts of meat to Yerun and Cacunai.

The man entered a small shack and Ramblers waited until he returns. Then, unnoticed by the guard with the cuts in his hands, they sneaked inside. Hurrah! Everything their heart (or better said, their belly) desired seemed to be there: fruits, vegetables, even cookies! And in the corner there was Fuzzytail sitting on the edge of an open barrel and drinking the strange dark-red liquid that was inside.

*Hiccup!* *Squaaaafeee! Squoooola!* - said the mouse swinging.

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2004, 03:29:22 AM »

@Mina & Kiushapo:

"Rest is sounding good Elric, lead on. And while we are walking, perhaps you could be telling us a little more about this Lieutanant Dorrum."

"Yes, I think we should get some rest too. But where exactly are we?"

Elric nodded towards Kiushapo and then Mina, "Ah, Milady Mina, we are at the perimeter of the main encampment, the closest camp to the village. I don't really want to stop here, myself," he shrugged uncomfortably, "It's Captain Gavrin's outpost ..." a few more words that he muttered disappeared under his breath, then he cleared his throat and spoke again, "But the hour grows late, it's not safe travelling around the woods, let us make our way to the camp and ask for shelter for the night. We'll head out to Lieutanent Dorrum's outpost first thing in the morning!"

And so the three of them made their way to the glowing sight of the campfires as they trudged through the brush. Elric spoke along the way, "Well Kiushapo, my friend, Lieutanent Dorrum is a man most deserving of honour and respect! He would actually have easily made the rank of Captain by now, if not for the muddled imbeciles of the royal family," Elric greeted his teeth. He saw no need to hide his detest for the royal family ... for some reason. "They were going to chop his head off, those ... pompous morons! And now the Lieutanent mourns for the Princess, at his outpost unfailingly for seven years now, for if it was not for the sweet Princess' intervention, the Lieutanent would have tread on Queprur's path long before now, although who's to say that Queprur's embrace is much more comforting than the insult of being a lowly Lieutanent, for a man of his calibre. The lieutanent would do anything for the safe return of the Princess."

It was then they had arrive at one of the campfires, one that was nearest to the perimeter. Around it sat five guards, a wretched looking elven lady (Cacunai) and a nervous looking young boy (Yerun). They seemed to be having a conversation of sorts.

Elric turned to Kiushapo and Mina, "My friends, just go ahead and approach them, they will not deny you food and shelter. I must make my presence known to ... the Captain. But i shall return shortly." With a frown on his face, he strode off in another direction, but not before stumbling spectacularly over a piece of rotting log.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2004, 03:52:22 AM »

@Fluffy, Cacunai, Kiushapo & Mina:

"could you take us to Kestrel? If she was a herbarist too, at one time, she may know another that produces the same effect. I think I'll be able to defend Arkantos, and myself, if she goes insane while we're there ..."

Rolalf laughed heartily at Cacunai's suggestion, almost choking on his half finished meat, "And what do you think you are going to get out of her, little lady? She's as crazy as a ... as a ..." Being a guard, Rolalf wasn't that good with words, " ... well, you get the idea! Kestrel is just crazy. She's harmless, probably, but you won't be getting any information out of her, that's for sure." He chuckled disbelievingly at Cacunai's request as he downed another mug of liquid.

Meanwhile, at the food supplies shack, the Ramblers were getting their jollies ransacking the place of the food, the guard that had went in and out was totally oblivious of the little Rambler carnival that was taking place as he shut the door behind him.

As Fuzzytail swaggered from side to side from the effects of the delicious thick red liquid, a scritching and scratchy noise could be heard. Moments later, four dark hunched figures emerged out of the shadows of the shack. It was four huge rats, their red eyes gleaming in the dark, baring their sharp menacing teeth at the new comers who were the Ramblers. It was their territory and they weren't pleased at the new arrivals. The biggest rat of the four, seemingly the leader of the gang, spoke up harshly towards Fuzzytail perched high on the barrel in rat-speak, "You! Mouse! What do you and your friends think you are doing here??!!"

Back at the campfire, Rolalf recovered from his little laughing bout, and turned towards Cacunai and Yerun again, "You two just eat your fill, and then we'll show you to the tents where you can get a good night's rest, and tomorrow we'll see you safely away from the woods --" at that moment he cocked his head a little as he saw Mina and Kiushapo's approaching figures, "Ah, more company!"

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2004, 08:39:22 AM »

Very well. We will stay til the morning, but after that I know not.

Cacunai pursed her lips in disapproval and sighed. Well, this was not working out at all. Maybe they never should have come to the camp... We'll get out of here in the morning, she thought. The kid seems really attatched to this Kestrel. I've got to find her for him. As for me, I must get into the woods, somehow. As the guard announced 'company', she thought bitterly, wonderful. Just great.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/3/04 0:41
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]