Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Main Encampment  (Read 30819 times)
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2004, 05:24:22 PM »

As he was about to leave, he suddenly scratched his chin and turned to Glayron again, "I heard some of the men say you were Eyelian, that right?"

Glayron looked at the man for a moment as he wondered what he was trying to get out of him.  Why was he interested in his heritage.

"Yes I am a Eyelian, have you haver met one before?"

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2004, 03:14:22 AM »

((OOC: Thick red liquid? Should be a very old wine. :biggrin  ))

Four huge rats appeared out of the dark, shouting at Ramblers: "You! Mouse! What do you and your friends think you are doing here??!!"

Sparky's eyes widened as he understood what's going to happen next. "Stupid mouse! You couldn't possibly be louder!" - he thought: "Now, if these four won't beat you hard enough, I'll do!" He approached the rats trying to look big and dangerous and growled: "We arrre having our supperrr! Feel frrree to join!"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2004, 02:44:22 AM »

@Fluffy:

((OOC: Bleh ... i know nothing about wine ... never drank any before either :wink2  ))

The leader of the gang of four big rats was huge, by rat standards. He was almost four times as large as Sparky was ... Ava only knows what was in that food supplies shack that had fed its growth to such a horrendous size.

The leader squirked in what seemed to be a wicked chuckle ... and the rest of his gang mimicked. Puffing their furs up and raising their tails, the four rats inched closer to Sparky, the leader speaking out again, in menacing rat-speak, a sort of strange rat-gangland dialect, which was made out by Sparky as "This here our turf, get you and your friends out here before we make all of you our supperrrrrrrrrr!"

Right after the leader finished speaking, one of the the other rats lunged out, and proceeded to pounce on Sparky, claws flailing in the air.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/3/04 18:45
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2004, 09:33:22 AM »

Their presence annouced, Kiushapo couldn't see any polite way not to visit the fire and stepped further into the light, bowing slightly to those gathered. "Greetings all, I am being called Kiushapo. I was hearing we could be getting some food and shelter for the night here. I was also wondering if I could be getting some thread and a needle, I was running into a couple of thugs in the city." Chuckling to himself, he wondered if the guard would remember his comments when those "thugs" finally made their report.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2004, 09:49:22 AM »

@Cacunai, Mina, Kiushapo:

Rolalf smiled at Kiushapo and reached for his hand, shaking it vigorously, and before waiting for Mina to speak up, he spoke, noticing Kiushapo's torn vest and immediately understanding what had happened. "Thread and needle, eh? We have some, but one of our supplies cabin had a tree fall on it yesterday, and so most of our supplies are in disarray ... those that had been found and salvaged anyway. Lots of little accidents around the camp lately, odd, and annoying, not to say the least. But i'll see what i can do for you ..."

Gesturing to a young looking guard that was passing by, Rolalf gave instructions to find some needle and thread ... somehow, and get back to them.

((OOC: Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiina!!! Nai is going to be running after you with a big fish! :b ))

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2004, 01:18:22 PM »

Mina was about to introduce herself when she was interrupted by Rolalf.  After the young guard left, she said, "Good evening.  My name is Mina Aylwin.  We were following a guard named Elric to one of the outposts, but it was getting late and we decided to rest here for the night before setting out again the next morning.  I hope that is alright."

(OOC: Is that something I should be afraid of?  I've got lightning bolts and lots of chopsticks :b )

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2004, 01:28:22 PM »

@Mina, Kiushapo & Cacunai:

((OOC: Aha! But Mina, nothing can match the power of *dum dum dum!* THE FISH OF DOOM!!! Right Nai? Errr ...Nai? Nai? Nai, wake up and defend your weapon of choice here :b  ))

After giving the young guard instructions, Rolalf turned his attention back to the two newcomers.

"Good evening. My name is Mina Aylwin. We were following a guard named Elric to one of the outposts, but it was getting late and we decided to rest here for the night before setting out again the next morning. I hope that is alright."

Rolalf raised an eyebrow at the mention of Elric, but smiled pleasantly at Mina, "Of course, of course! If it wasn't for frequent ... visitors, life around the woods would be indeed dull and dreadful! Sit, sit, i will have my men bring some more food, and then i will show you all --" he made a sweep of his arms towards the four of them -- Mina, Kiushapo, Cacunai and Yerun -- " --to tents where you can rest for the night."

At this point, anyone can post again if they want to. I'm going to see Fluffy's next post, and then wrap/pace things up accordingly to fast forward the plot time to the next morning :)  

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/4/04 5:30
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »

Cacunai gave a slight nod to each of the newcomers but kept her gaze downcast. Cold indifference radiated from her stiffened posture, and it was not an act, not this time. This time she was angry at the guards who resisted her every tried-and-true method of coersion. She turned and bent to whisper softly in Yerun's ear, so that no one else could hear,

Well my boy, I have no more tricks to pull out of the hat. We will depart at dawn or before, and you had better find your rats before then. If the guard will not help us, we will brave Kestrel alone.

She straightened and with a deft movement, produced a tiny, but very sharp knife from her pocket. She began to chip at the bone from the meat, pleased that it was not that kind that splintered. She sat silently, whittling away.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/4/04 5:39
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2004, 02:30:22 AM »

@Cacunai:

Yerun looked curiously at the two newcomers. They looked friendly enough. The lady elf then bent towards him and whispered softly, "Well my boy, I have no more tricks to pull out of the hat. We will depart at dawn or before, and you had better find your rats before then. If the guard will not help us, we will brave Kestrel alone."

Yerun nodded in understanding. He could see Cacunai's clear displeasure at the guards on her face. He decided he better just agree with whatever she said, so as not to get her displeasure directed at himself. As Cacunai mentioned the Ramblers, Yerun began to look around for them. He wondered where they could have wandered to. Yerun was holding on to a few bits of meat that he wanted to give to the Ramblers. Oh well, he was sure that they would return in time when they leave.

((OOC: Still seeing if Fluffy posts. If no post by tonight, i will move things on :) ))

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2004, 04:10:22 AM »

*Squuuuuugle!*
With a wild scream Fuzzytail jumped into the middle of the big rats from the barrel and started to spin around dealing punches at random. To his luck, Sparky had time to draw himself back, else the drunken mouse would hit him as well. "Take this! And this! And this! Hiccup!" - Fuzzytail seemed to be unstoppable.

Sparky took a big carrot out of an open sack, swung it and hit the rat leader at the head. The carrot smashed to pieces. Then he threw what was left in his hand in direction of one of the smaller rats and with a wide ratty grin kicked the leader in the groin.

The rest of the Ramblers hurried to help Sparky and Fuzzytail. Teapot sprang on the back of one of the rival rats, biting its ears and shouting: "Where are your manners, young man! Stop fighting immediately!" Smuggles, Shurshing and Manymeals drove the other two into the corner where some crates and the wine barrel stood. Fuzzytail kept spinning, not noticing anything.

At the time when the two rats stood dangerously close to the barrel, Teapot bit the neck of her "steed", who hopped around trying to drop her off. *Sqoiiiiii!* - screamed the rat and ran to his friends in hope they would help him. Too late he realized that his friends weren't really of any help. Running too fast up the crates and unable to stop he bumped in the both and they fell all together into the barrel.

Meanwhile Sparky was dodging the blows from the huge leader. Four time smaller than his rival, with a broken tail and ribs, he was starting to fear that he indeed was going to become a supper. It would surely not end well for Sparky if the Ramblers who just dispatched the rest of the gang not dropped a bag full of potatoes on the already hurt head of the leader. This proved to be too much even for such a big rat, and he fell on the ground losing his consciousness.

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 1/5/04 3:13
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2004, 08:59:22 AM »

@Cacunai, Mina & Kiushapo:

Not much conversation followed thereafter. Meat, bread and water were handed out by the guards to the "guests". The young guard soon returned with a scrawny ball of thread and some coarse needles for Kiushapo. Rolalf made small conversation and some unjokely jokes, and shortly Elric returned.

"Elric! Good to see you around again! Come, come, have some good meat by the fire and join the conversation!" said Rolalf to Elric in his usual gregarious way. Elric merely smiled, and joined the circle of people around the campfire, and spoke aloud, to no one in particular, "Captain Gavrin would probably like to greet the guests here in the morning before they go on their way ..."

Soon, Mina, Kiushapo, Cacunai and Yerun were led to a few makeshift tents away from the campfires that had been set up for them for the night. Yerun peered around curiously, at the same time wondering where the Ramblers could have gone to ... oh well, he would just have to wait for them to make their way back to him themselves.

Right, all of your next posts will be of the time of 8 bells the next morning. Just post to say that you woke up, and indicate your plans for the day ahead in your post. To wait for an NPC to approach you, just state that you remain in your tent. To seek out an NPC or a particular NPC yourself, state in the post who you are looking for and state that you make your way to the site of the campfire the previous night.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2004, 03:44:22 AM »

The time for your plot thread will now be 23 Bells.

@Eve:

((OOC: Right now Helli and Eve is still a fair distance from the actual site of the Main Encampment, so since Eve is not a local, she will not know that the Main Encampment is just a short distance away, and both Helli and Eve will not be able to see any campfires or guards in their immediate area))

Helli and Eve trudged on for hours, with Helli leading the way towards the main encampment. By the time that they were just a short distance away from the encampment site, the day had already grown dark, and the sounds of the creatures of the night filled the air. In Helli's basket was a small lamp with a candle, and she took that out and lit it up to light the way forward when it became too dark.

Along the way Helli chattered on to Eve about cooking, dirty sons who don't bathe, her good friend Jothia and the usual village gossip. Not much caught Eve's interest, as it was mostly small talk opinionated rumours.

Helli chattered on, seemingly never running out of things to say about something or someone, and not really minding that Eve mostly just listened or nodded, and didn't add much to the conversation, "And there was that time when Jothia, that sly goat, she --"

Suddenly, a cry of pain came from Helli, and the little lamp in her hand and her basket fell to the ground as she fell forward face down. The flame of the candle in the lamp flickered weakly, about to go off any moment if no one picked it up and set it upright real soon.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2004, 05:05:22 AM »

@Glayron:

Old Man George chuckled good naturedly, "Nay, never met one ... until now of course, only head stories about them -- i mean, your people talking to animals and all that."

Old Man George proceeded to clear his throat, "Well, since you are Eyelian, perhaps you might want to join the scouting party the Captain is sending out tomorrow morning? Strange things have been happening around the woods and camp of late, and they might find it handy to have someone around who can speak to animals and maybe question a critter or two."

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2004, 12:42:22 AM »

As the next day dawned Shurshing sneaked past the yawning guards to sleeping Yerun: "Hey, Big One, wake up!" - Shurshing still couldn't pronounce the name of the boy: "We all are safe and will be here soon. I mean, the rest will be here soon. We had some unexpected troubles with getting our supper. But everithing's o'k now!"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 1/6/04 16:44
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2004, 01:49:22 AM »

Mina was meditating.  She had actually woken up a while ago, but decided not to get up just yet.  The tent wasn't as comfortable as the room in the tavern, but it was at least better than nothing.  In any case, it was still quite early, and, hearing no sound from the nearby tents, she assumed that the others were still asleep.  But she had gotten a little restless after just a few moments, and decided to meditate a little instead.  Besides, it's been too long since she last did that; she used to meditate regularly when she was in Ximax, but had only done so once in a while since she left.  

Some time later, she opened her eyes again, feeling much more refreshed.  Maybe I should do this more often. Stepping out of the tent, she blinked a few times, trying to get used to the sunlight, then looked around for Elric and Kiushapo.  Seeing no sign of them, she made her way towards where the campfire was the previous night, wondering if they might already be waiting for her there.  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]