Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Main Encampment  (Read 30397 times)
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2004, 05:47:22 PM »

Glayron stirred in his sleep, hearing words of a human speak within his mind.  Opening his eyes and letting a light yawn escape his opened mouth.  Sitting up Glaynor peered and the head the poke through the flaps of his tent.  

"Yes, yes.  Just give me a moment to wake and I will be right with you."

Standing and fixing his cloths, what cloths he wears, he gives a good stretch and makes his way outside of the tent.

"Where shall we be going?  Shall you be needing anything for me to do?"

He looked about the area, hoping to see any signs of wildlife, but sadly he could only hear the chattering of the birds in the distance.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2004, 06:59:22 PM »

Eve watched Helli struggle in her hands and she sighed, feeling awfull as though she had done it. She was about to lift the woman up and carry her when an arrow zoomed by her head. Eve's free hand immediately moved towards her side and she glanced in the darkness, seeing nothing but her ears caught the distinct sound of an animal moving and from the distance Eve could tell it was a little animal by the pitch of it's voice. The thing turned out to be a squirrel and as more arrows flew past Eve turned to look at the squirrel and it spoke to her.

"Run ... run ... to ... camp ... ahead ... run ..."

"Camp!? How am I goin' to manage this?!" she shouted into the darkness as the squirrel scurried off. Eve looked down at Helli, and closed her eyes, hearing the arrows hit the ground and calculating the time it took between the arrows to hit the ground. She mumbled a silent prayer to Chaos, and the Mullog god seemed to fill her mind and arms with strenght. She had calculated just right and instantly jolted to her feet, taking Helli up in both arms as painlessly as she could. She stood while the archer or hunter or the enemy(s) was knotching their next bow and once again things seemed to slow down. She took off running towards the direction the squirrel had mentioned. "Ahead...," mumbled Eve to herself as the arrows once again began to wizz by.

She felt her arms began to slightly tire from carrying Helli, but it was nothing she couldn't deal with for a few more minutes. She continued to run as fast as she could into the darkness...

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2004, 03:48:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

It was just your everyday morning and their dull old routine of patrolling the encampment perimeter for the four guards, who were all good pals and buddies. That was until they heard a voice say, "Hey! Here!" and something that sounded like "sqrickle sqrickle HIC!" when they were walking past a campfire ring near the tents.

As the four of them gazed down into the ashen campfire ring, the most unbelievable sight met their eyes -- four rats swaying around as if they were dancing ... and whistling even ... or a kind of whistley scritchy scratchy noise from their throats anyway. And then a mouse among them SANG.

The four guards stared at the rats slacked-jawed, trying to convince themselves that either they were asleep, or it was time to request leave for home where they had things like warm beds and sweethearts and homecooked food. They had heard that deprivation did weird things to people.

"Arkantos! Honestly boy, can't you keep the mouse in the cage? 'Tisn't that hard. Do you know how long it took me to train him?!"

And then it all just happened a little too fast. A young boy swooped in and scooped the shaky, still crooning mouse into his jacket, and the female elf that had approached them had bowled over the four "dancing rats" with a quick sweep of her hand. "Well then, we'd best be off. Thank you for all your help, and I'm sure we'll be fine."

Confusion was the word of the day for the four guards.

Yerun held carefully the part of the jacket where Fuzzytail's body was outlined against, hoping that he was covering Fuzzytail's mouth or wherever mice sang from. He was starting to admire Cacunai -- she always seemed to know what to do and how. Looking fearfully over his shoulder in case the guards had followed them, he turned towards Cacunai, his eyes gleaming full of hope, as he waited for Cacunai to lead him to Kestrel -- of course he assumed that Cacunai already knew where and how to get there. Cacunai was turning out to know everything, it seems ... to Yerun.

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2004, 04:06:22 AM »

@Eve:

Helli started groaning in pain as she tried to shift the weight of her sprained ankle, and then started to shriek in fear as arrows zipped past their heads and staked the ground close to them with loud thuds.

"Oh dear! Oh! OH! What's happening?!" Helli didn't know what else to do besides panic.

From the corner of her eye she saw what seemed like a little squirrel scramble up towards Eve and squeak and sqritch at her in an odd manner, as if it was conversing with Eve or telling Eve something. As quickly as it had came, the squirrel scurried off immediately thereafter as Eve shouted after it, "Camp!? How am I goin' to manage this?!"

Helli was now confused AND frightened out of her wits. "What --" Before she knew it she was being lifted up by Eve, and then the surroundings became a blur as Eve started a desparate sprint ahead. The little lamp laid abandoned on the ground, Helli unable to reach for it before Eve took off. An arrowhead hit the lamp and the candle flame within it was immediately extinguished.

As Eve ran straight ahead further and further, light began to appear, and as Eve continued to move ahead, the light appeared closer and closer, until finally Eve could make out the outline of burly guards standing and sitting around campfires. Thankfully by now the arrows had seemingly mysteriously vanished ... or rather, the archers had vanished, whoever they were.

As Eve approached, arms now aching from Helli's weight, one of the guards shouted out towards another in surprise, "Hey! Look there! Isn't that ... Lornen's mother?? Whom that woman is carrying??"  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2004, 05:47:22 AM »

*Mumpf! Blurp! Ghruble!* - Fuzzytail tried to speak through the thick fabrick of Yerun's pocket: *Hrrrum! Hrrrupf! Scrrrack!* - he made a hole in it with his teeth and pushed his head through: "Fools! I... hic!.. had a... hic!.. plan! You never... hic!.. hic!... hi-hi-hic!... listen, do you? I... Shurshing... hic! told you to... hic!.. GO! The guards... hi... hi... HICCUP!.. wouldn't have noticed you!"

He stopped to take a deep breath: "FUN SPOILERS!"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2004, 08:54:22 AM »

Listen, mouse. Whether you had a plan or not, we all needed to get out of there without arousing suspicion. A drunk, dancing mouse is NOT the kind of thing that would achieve that. Four men, all having the same hallucination, is great cause for alarm especially in the military.

Cacunai spoke coldly without looking back over her shoulder. The moment they were able to duck out of sight behind a grove of trees, she spun and eyed the indignant mouse. He was drunk, it was clear.

What's your name, anyway? I can't keep calling you "mouse".

Cacunai's nature was to love children and animals and she could not hold her anger for long. Her voice softened as she asked his name. The mouse was drunk, he probably wasn't thinking clearly. And she couldn't just take over this little expedition. Though she knew Yerun expected her to take him to Kestrel, she did not know how she was going to get there. She knew that she wanted to approach the woods from the east, heading west. They would have to skirt the encampment, but something in the wind told her that heading west would show her what she was looking for. What Yerun wanted to see? That was a different story.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/9/04 1:29
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2004, 01:33:22 PM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

((OOC: LOL at you two!!! Ah ... making friends is good, very good hehehe ... be nice to each other now ... and make sure Fuzzytail doesn't get near any alcoholic liquid in the future ;) ))

Yerun was glad Cacunai was asking Fuzzytail for his name. He was beginning to get the feeling that Cacunai did not like the Ramblers much ... well, asking for a name was a good step forward, and hopefully they would all become good friends eventually.

Gently, Yerun scooped Fuzzytail and Shurshing out of his jacket pockets, and carefully handed them both to Cacunai with a smile. Yerun seem to detect some kind of ... affectionate tussling-dynamic going on between Fuzzytail and Shurshing, and he trusted Shurshing to keep Fuzzytail in line -- or upright anyway. Yerun spoke to Shurshing before she landed on Cacunai's palms along with Fuzzytail, "Make sure Fuzzytail behaves."

Hoping that Cacunai and Fuzzytail will "connect" somehow, Yerun proceeded to turn away to a thick row of bushes besides them, to have his own little "conversation".

((OOC: Right, one more post from each of you, and we'll move on ;) ))

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »

As she was handed the mouse, and the rat, Cacunai tensed up, but held out her hands. Lifting them up to her nose, she eyed them critically.

I guess you guys are kinda cute. Think you're going to be all right in the Woods?

She supposed they would be rather helpful as lookouts when they finally got into the woods. The elf wondered if erun was going to have the nerve to go in there... probably.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/9/04 16:33
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2004, 11:48:22 PM »

Mina couldn't help blushing a little when the man whom Elric had just addressed as 'Captain' took her hand and kissed it.  He's a handsome one.  she thought Certainly much better looking than the boys back at the Academy.  

"Good morning Milord," she said, "My name is Mina Aylwin.  You are Captain Gavrin, I suppose?"  

While the captain spoke to Kiushapo, Mina turned to Elric and said, "Yes, I do have a weapon." She pulled her cloak back slightly, revealing the dagger she wore at her side, "Though I hope it will not be needed."  

(OOC: Nai, I'm quite sure a dirk is a type of long dagger.  Though long daggers aren't that different from short swords, so...)
(OOC2: And quit making such good looking NPCs, Khi :p )

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 1/9/04 17:06

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2004, 03:31:22 AM »

@Glayron:

"Yes, yes. Just give me a moment to wake and I will be right with you."

The guard nodded slightly, and retreated back out to wait for Glayron to get ready, tapping one foot on the ground a little impatiently. It wasn't too long before Glayron stepped out of the tent and stretched in the rays of the early morning sun.

"Where shall we be going? Shall you be needing anything for me to do?"

The guard pointed to a small group of men gathered right at the fringe of the encampment perimeter, "We'll join the men right there. From thereon, our scouting group will split up into two, one goes to their patrol route to the East around the woods, the other, to the West ... we should all be back around dusk and gather here again."

The guard looked curiously towards Glayron, this man who was rumoured to be able to speak to animals at will. "Do you ... have any preference where you would like to head, East or West? The Captain did not inform me which group you were to join."

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2004, 05:24:22 AM »

"Why not... hic!.. mouse? Wo... wo... wosswrong with... hic!.. mouse? I'm a mouse, no other... hi-hic!.. mice are 'round... Awwaaaa!" - Fuzzytail received a prod from Shurshing: "Oh well... HICCUP!.. - he tried to smile blinking with his wide open eyes: "Name's Fuzzytail, ma'am. Fuzzeh-Tale! An... an... hic!.. an doncha think I wear it 'cause I have a... hic!.. fuzzy tail! 'Tis not true!" - Fuzzytail bowed, but completely lost the control over his body and would fall down from Cacunai's hand if Shurshing didn't hold him by the tail.

"I guess you guys are kinda cute. Think you're going to be all right in the Woods?" - asked the elf after Fuzzytail has been returned back to stand on his feet again. "W-w-wudz? Bah! Hic! What can be so dangerous 'bout a bunch 'o trees?"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2004, 07:01:22 AM »

Eve's eyes tried to become adjusted to the darkness, but they wouldn't. She couldn't see and she feared that any moment she would trip and fall with Helli in her arms. Suddenly a beacon of light filled the desolate area around her and Eve rejoiced as her body seemed to be filled with more energy and she sprinted to the camp as careful as she could.

"Hey! Look there! Isn't that ... Lornen's mother?? Whom that woman is carrying??"

Eve stopped and smiled at the soldiers, and placed Helli on the floor, keeping her standing by allow her to keep her balance on Eve's shoulder. "My name is Evelaria Magoo. We were attacked down the path by archers of some sort, and something told me just to run ahead."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2004, 08:41:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

While Cacunai and Fuzzytail were getting "acquainted", Yerun was having his own little conversation amidst a row of bushes near where they stood.

Poking his head and fingers into the dense leaves of a big spritzy bush, he found a family of beetles chewing contentedly on the leaves of the bush (much to the chagrin of the bush, of course), much like how cows would chew leisurely on a pasture. Then, he began his "questioning"... politely of course. Sort of like making polite breakfast conversation.  

A short while later, Yerun had obtained the information -- he had directions to where Kestrel was. Returning back to Cacunai, he now thought about his new problem: Fuzzytail was drunk, and barely coherent, how was he to tell the directions to Cacunai?

Looking up hopefully towards Cacunai, Yerun made gestures of someone writing on a pad. He hoped that Cacunai had some crumpled rough pad or cloth or something. He had a few bits of dark chalk left, but nothing to write on.  

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/10/04 0:41
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2004, 10:01:22 AM »

What is so dangerous, you ask? Well, Fuzzytail, I can't know that, I've never been here. But I have seen these trees move... when a guard wanders close to the wood... the trees shift and speak to each other. Who knows what we may find?

Her attention was drawn to Yerun again when he began making exaggerated motions... writing it looked like, or drawing. Cacunai shrugged.

Sorry kid, I haven't got any parchment. Peel some bark off that aspen if you want to write something.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2004, 11:24:22 AM »

Though this Captain Gavrin seemed likable enough, moving in on another man's fiancé was something he generally frowned upon. He had to admit the man was handsome, but that didn't earn any points with him. Giving Gavrin a small smile, he bowed slightly at the waist "Kiushapo, I am being called Kiushapo. Sometimes I am being called Captain as well, but that is not being today."

His little bit of posturing done, he turned his attentions to Elric, giving Mina an odd little glance as she flashed her dagger. Speaking softly to Elric, he winked, "I am hoping we can be reaching this outpost of yours before the ending of this day...?"

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]