Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Main Encampment  (Read 30414 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: November 17, 2003, 11:12:22 PM »

You come across clusters of sturdy wooden huts, the whole area teeming with Kyranian guards. Two groups of guards were sparring spiritedly with each other, some were drilling, others huddled into groups around campfires and drank and ate and shared stories and songs. There was a generally jovial mood in the air, everyone was busy doing something, and nobody seems to notice or care that you are standing there watching them.  

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 05:30:22 AM »

It took Glayron half the day to reach the encampment but he did. He found a few edible plants to eat along the way but this was no meal. As he approached the camp he stopped for a moment and looked about, trying to find someone who looked like to be in charge. Not seeing anyone who looked like it, Glayron made his way closer to the encampment trying to get near the fire if he isn't stopped before hand.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 05:40:22 AM »

Glayron, for the purpose of your thread, the time is now 17 Bells.

As Glayron slowly inched his way towards one of the burning outside hearths, suddenly a loud voice sounded out, "Halt! Who goes there?"

A stocky man wearing the insignia and light armour of the Kyranian Royal Guard stood steadfastly in front of Glayron. His eyes were full of suspicion. He was in the midst of sparring with one of the other guards, when he heard the crackling of branches behind him. As he halted his sparring and turned around, he saw Glayron trying to make his way to the fire.

The heavy mace that the guard had in his hands and his piercing stare didn't make him look very friendly at all.  

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 05:48:22 AM »

Glayron looked at the man but seemed not bothered at the man's action, almost as if he expected it.

"My name is Glayron Miraewan, I come from the south.  I gained word that there may be a source of work found here.  Have I been mistaken?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 07:59:22 AM »

The guard rubbed his bearded chin with one hand, "From the South ye say?" He looked Glayron up and down, "Eyelian, are ye? And work? How good are ye at lifting heavy weights?"  

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 05:14:22 PM »

"I think I can handle myself, if that is what you wish me to do," replied Glayron.  He wondered what they would need him to lift in such a place where training seemed to be happening.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2003, 03:33:22 AM »

The guard gave Glayron another thorough look up and down, and thought that Glayron seemed like a solid, decent person. "Well then, Glayron, my name's Rolalf, second in command to Captain Gavrin here at the main encampment."

He lowered his mace, and his posture seemed much more relaxed now. "The Captain has just gone on his rounds, and i would the person that you would want to talk to when he's not around." Rolalf grinned. "So, ye'r all ready for work, eh? Who told you about work here?" Without waiting for Glayron's answer, Rolalf continued, "Must be one of them tavern maids! Well, then, come along now!"

Rolalf gestured to Glayron for him to follow along, and led the way to the edge of the encampment.

Here, you see a group of guards gathered around, some with machetes in their hands, and some carrying bulky pieces of wood. Rolalf spoke again, "Last night there were strange strong winds, and this Aswude (tree) came crashing down and fell on our supplies cabin. If you could lend a hand hacking it apart and carrying the pieces over there," Rolalf turned and pointed to a pile of chopped up wood pieces a few steps away, "-- then we'll pay you 10 sans for your time."

Rolalf looked at you, "So then, Glayron, still up for the job?"

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2003, 07:25:22 AM »

"A little hard lagour never harmed anyone good sir," Glayron said  "Where shall I get my axe or do you wish me to simply carry the logs?"  Glayron's hand gripped the white staff that he held, not in any threateneing way, but in a manner merely to prepare himself.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2003, 07:44:22 AM »

Rolalf nodded, and then he turned around towards the group of men hard at work and shouted at them, "Oy! A machete here!"

Someone from the group sent a machete tossing into the air, and Rolalf nimbly caught it on the handle with amazing skill.

Handing it over to Glayron, Rolalf nodded again, "There yer go! That'll chop up that bloody tree well good and fine!" Under his breath he continued cursing and swearing about the tree.

Glayron, your thread will now be handled by Kalina :)  Unless there are any changes before that, then i will continue to post to your thread.

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2003, 03:01:22 PM »

Galyron took the machete as he nodded.  He then made his way over to the fallen tree.  Standing near the tear Glayron slowly removes his shirt, which reveals a well tuned and shaped body.  Placing his shirt on th ground, Glayron begins chopping away at the fallen tree, as he watches the other who are hard at work doing the same thing.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 04:41:22 AM »

Many of the men cast wary glances at the newcomer but not a word was spoken at least to him. Whispers were passed between the men but the continued their long tedious work of hacking the tree into pieces small enough to carry.

After awhile, the men began to move the pieces to the far side of the camp, dumping the wood into a pile. A few of the pieces were large and needed two men but most of it was handled singlily.

"Hey you! Will you help us carry this to the pile?" a younger man called to Glayron.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 05:35:22 AM »

"Hey you! Will you help us carry this to the pile?" a younger man called to Glayron.  Glayron looked in the man's direction, then nodded.  "I suppose I could help you," Glayron replied.  Joining the men Glaron helps them carry the larger pieces of wood, finding that they didn't wiegh all too much, at least to him.  "So what brings you here?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 06:35:22 AM »

"So what brings you here?"

The younger man froze for a brief moment, looking at Glayron as if it was the most amusing thing he had ever heard. Then, he burst out laughing. Chuckles were heard from all the other men. Finally, the younger men spoke again, "Aye, don't you know? Where have yer been these 7 long years? We're here to make sure that if the Princess is found or sighted there's someone to take 'er home!" The younger man chuckled again, then a soft sigh escaped from his lips, "If yer ask me though, i don't think anyone could have survived seven long years alone in those wretched woods ... 'specially not a young girl."

As he said this they had reach the pile of large wood pieces heaped together. "Here," the younger man spoke to Glayron again, "Put your hands on these wood pieces and hold them steady till we return with more in a couple of minutes, alright?"

Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2003, 11:00:22 AM »

Galron nodded as he reflected on what he just heard from this man.  He hadn't heard of anything that the man just spoke of, though he never really paid much attention to the business of others.  He watched as the men left him there, holding thepeices of wood as directed.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2003, 10:22:22 AM »

Chirping and chattering could be heard as some birds flew overhead and a couple of squirrels fought over something. For a brief moment they stopped and stared at the man by the wood pile, large black eyes filled with curiousity.

One left the other and cautiously climbed up on the wood pile and stared at the man,nose up in the air finding the scent. As it sniffed it rose onto it hind legs, mvoing its little head back and forth in the wind. It then laid down on the pile, after it seemed satisfied and waited for the other to join him, which it did soon. When the other joined him on the wood, they began their quarrel once again that had been on pause. This took a few moments to complete and it ended with the one that had climbed the wood pile first being the winner.

It then returned to the position of laying on its back staring up at the sun and blinking slowly.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..." - Shara

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 11/23/03 14:50

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]