Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Main Encampment  (Read 30454 times)
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2003, 03:33:22 AM »

Glayron smiled at the site of the birds and watched silently as they fought between themselves.  When they finished Glayron smiled before he began to whistle, or chirp as it may sound, a light tune.  He wasn't speaking, merely sung to them as he waited for the men to return.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2003, 06:23:22 PM »

The two squirrels soon seemed to bore of the man and began chatting between them. The "conversation" became heated yet they did not engage in a fight. Eventually one left leaving the one alone one the wood pile. Cautiously, he edged closer to the man; studying, smelling and even poking him. He would then back away only to do the same process over again; studying, smelling and poking.

The other returned and the squirrel who had been studying ceased to say something to the other. The other then walks up to the man and proceeds to do the same thing as the first; studying, smelling, poking...

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2003, 08:32:22 AM »

Glayron looked down at the two squrriels.  Without a thought he spoke to them, with ease.  "Hello little ones.  What are you up to?  Sen anythign interesting in the forest today?"

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2003, 08:48:22 PM »

The two critters glanced at each other curiously. "Interesting? Yes yes...very interesting." the first one chattered.
"Many things happening..." the second one added."Many strange things..."
The two nodded to each other, passsing a few words here and there.
"Tree...no accident!" the first one chatted.
"Such a tree did not just fall over..." the second chimed.
The first shook his head in agreement, "Yes yes...on purpose it was."
"When will they learn to keep their hands off?..." the second one exclaimed.
"When will he learn to keep their hands off?..." the other spat.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 12/2/03 0:46

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 05:39:22 AM »

Glayron nodded to the animals.  "I am sure they are only taking what is neeed, but I will talk them.  Have you seen anythign else interesting, within the forest?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 11:32:22 PM »

Both the squirrels chittered fervently, as if Glayron had asked a sore question. The first squirrel started to speak to Glayron again, "You must ... be careful! Bad! Bad people in the forest! And --"

Before the squirrel could finish though, the thrumping sound of the guards' boots could be heard, and both the critters scattered off into the woods.

Four men were huffing and puffing and carrying a hacked off log, and then placed it into the pile with a heavy thud. One of the men started cursing again, "Those darn winds! Beats the lights out of me that it could bring down such a huge tree! Now we got all evening to clear the mess up, that's just wonderful!"

Another man stepped up to Glayron, "Alright now, you can let go, that big log is going to hold everything in place. A few more pieces to carry here and we can have dinner at the campfire ... you up for some dinner?" He chuckled.

OOC: Kalina's a little busy and caught up lately in RL, so i'm just trying to relieve her stress a little ... she's still in charge of your thread.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Edited by: Khiera at: 12/3/03 5:04
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2003, 07:39:22 PM »

OOC: No problem.

IC:  Glayron nodded and grinned at the mans words.  "Some food sounds good and would be well appreciated," Glayron stated just before a small growl rumbled within.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 12:20:22 PM »

OOC: Glayron - I would greatly appreciate it if you would write more than just one sentence per post. You are getting a little behind and I can't do everything for you...though I can try, i am only human. This will also make my posts come sooner thus i don't have to think as hard. Thankies. *huggles*

IC: The men led Glayron to the campfire that had been built. Food was being passed around as the men hungrily grabbed at it and devouring it quickly. One of the men handed Glayron a hunk of bread. "Eat and enjoy!" A grin revealed the mouth to be mostly toothless. "Oi an't atin' no 'read. 'At up!"

"Back off Gums!" a commanding voice boomed suddenly making many of the men jump. "You shall dine with me tonight!" He pointed to Glayron. "I 'ould like word with you."

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2003, 08:16:22 PM »

OOC: Sorry, yeah Gararion mentioned this to me as well.  I will try to make my posts a little better.  Tell me what you think, am I getting better?

IC:  Glayron followed the men silent, trying to catch a glimpse of  the to squirels that he had been talking to, thier conversation seemed to get cut off when the other men made their way near.  What were they talking about he pondered.

As they made their way over to a campfire, lit and burning slowly for the fresh cut logs that feed the flames, Glayron noticed that the men look very hungry.  He too was begining to become famished but held back a few small growls from within till he had gotten his chance to eat.  These men surely had worked harder then he had and deserved t be fed before he was.  

It didn't take long for the food to arrive, though the sight of what lay before him didn't help his hunger.  Glayron could probally find more norishing food within the forest if he wanted to.  Glayron's thoughts were cut short though as another gentleman approached and seemed to yell something, which made several of the men jump as well as Glayron.  Glayron looked up and examined the man who stood before him before speaking.  "I would be glad to join you sir, I assume I haven't done anything wrong have I," questioned Glayron guardedly.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2003, 04:01:22 AM »

OOC: Very much better. *bows* Very much appreciated. Nice Postie.

IC: The man smiled misheviously at Glayron, "I guess 'ou will 'ust 'ave to find that 'out now won't ya" the man chuckled at Glayron's hesitancy. "Cheer up boy, no need to worry. Cap'ain will take goood care of 'ou"

The man motioned for to follow him, leading him to a large tent and opening the front flap. "Af'er 'ou sir." He bowed low backing away from the door and allowing Galyron to enter. "Go ahead and make 'ouself at 'ome, sir."

There were several other men inside and they all rose at the entering of the newcomer. "Welcome. Please, have a seat." The man in the middle motioned to him to sit in the chair next to him.

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 12/11/03 20:04

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2003, 07:31:22 PM »

Glayron seemed nervous when the man spoke of him needing to find out.  He didn't want to find any trouble coming to these lands but it seemed trouble may have found him.  Forming a small smile in reasponse of the man's laughter, Glayron spoke, trying to hide his nervousness.  "Yes sir, I will try."

Being lead to a large tent, Glayron stepped with and looked about.  It seemed all of these men had some interest in him or something, for they all welcomed him with open hands, one gesturing him to sit beside him.  "Well met good sirs," Glayron said as sat beside the man who offered him a place to rest.  "Thank you sir, names Glayron Miraewan," Glaron said as he tried to act casual with the group of men before him.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2003, 03:09:22 AM »

"Thank you sir, names Glayron Miraewan,"

The men nodded in acknowledgment before taking their seats once again. Silence pervaded the group as they all ate silently. A plate of hot and mouth watering food was set before Glayron, eagerly inviting him to dig into its luscious flavor. "Eat up friend, we shall talk later. Discussions are much more enjoyable on a full stomach." The man patted his abdomen satisfactorily. The other men nodded in agreement.

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 12/12/03 19:15

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2003, 05:32:22 AM »

Glayron was relieved at the sight of the food, and when he caught a wift of the warming smell of the plate set before him, he could only smile before graceously digging in, making sure to watch his manners in front of these men.  

After a little while of eating Glayron finally spoke up, seeing his plate almost empty.  "I thank you sirs for this food, but one thing puzzles me.  What am I doing here?  The other men are outside eating, what have I done or what do you want of me?  I don't want to be ungrateful, but I just arrived here and this all seems a little strange."

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2003, 06:15:22 AM »

OOC: Sorry it has taken me so long to post. Dad has been kicking me off in the middle of my posts to you so they have never gotten finished.

IC:
"I thank you sirs for this food, but one thing puzzles me. What am I doing here? The other men are outside eating, what have I done or what do you want of me? I don't want to be ungrateful, but I just arrived here and this all seems a little strange."

The man beside him chuckled, "All will be answered and explained in due time my boy. By the way, the name is Block, Philip Block" The man swiped his mouth roughly with a piece of cloth and stuck out his hand to Glayron.

"Why are you here? Well, you are not a regular here, thus we felt you would be most comfortable away from the boys. They can be a little...disagreeable at times." He eyed a man on his other side. "Old man George here told me that he thought it would be best to have you with us, at least for the meal."

Old man George nodded knowingly, "I have heard something going around camp that...well...you would be safer with us for the time being." He knew this would create questions but he remained silent on the matter.

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Glayron Miraewan
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2003, 03:04:22 AM »

Glayron listened carefully to the two men.  Was his well being here threatened?  He hadn't noticed anything, but it seemed this man called George had heard something and requested that Glayron ate with them tonight.

"What are these rumors if you don't mind me askin.  Have I done something to earn the men hatred?"

Glayron wasn't fearful, just curious of what was being planned.  He would like to know in advance so he would be able to prepare better, maybe even avoid it altogether.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]