Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tavern Kitchen  (Read 21991 times)
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2003, 01:29:22 AM »

Wouldn't dream of charging you to save a dying man, good lady!

Cacunai called after her and waved at the landlady's retreating back. She then turned back to the boy, and smiled kindly.

Right then, I suppose I'd better get out of here, or she will be on me for unjustified occupancy or some such made-up excuse to charge me more money.

With a wink, Cacunai turned to leave, but then stopped and stood still for a moment.

Boy, is there a back way out of here?

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2003, 12:58:22 AM »

OOC: *taps Randorn on the shoulder* ahem! you are coming...right??? to my party????

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2003, 12:34:22 AM »

Ramblers felt relieved. Noone was going to make stew out of them anymore.

Sparky laid in Yerun's pocket, all his body seemed to hurt. He closed his eyes and slipped into unconsciousness. Smuggles held his head in her arms.

"Well what yer waiting for boy! Get Omis back on his feet again! And get back to work! Both of yer!"

"Good, good," - she thought: "Now get out of here, boy, fast! He needs some rest and medicine right now... Go, go!"
Too bad, Yerun couldnt hear her...

((OOC: Kalina, sure, just have to remember how this IRC thingie works))

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 12/20/03 16:38
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2003, 04:37:22 AM »

@Fluffy and Cacunai:

Yerun felt a certain rustling in his pockets. He was relieved that the Ramblers was ok. Omis freed himself from Yerun's helping hold and stood up, swaying a little as he tried to reorient himself. Omis knew it was no use asking Yerun what had just happened, Yerun wouldn't speak anyway. Staggering out of the kitchen, Omis mumbled to Yerun, "Boy! Sort! Vegetables! Need! Drink!" Omis was going to get himself a shot of strong drink ... Hallucinating?? He was probably working too hard, and should stop experimenting with making stew out of scraggly roaches.

Yerun watched in relief as Omis walked out the kitchen door. That was close. "Boy, is there a back way out of here?"

Yerun peered curiously at Cacunai. She was leaving now?? He liked her. She was ... smart, and nice to him. He wondered  where she was going. He whispered inside his jacket pockets to the Ramblers, hoping that Fuzzytail was listening, "Where is she going? Ask her where she's going."

Turning to Cacunai, he gestured towards the backdoor of the kitchen.  

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2003, 05:22:22 AM »

Cacunai smiled again and executed a short, sweeping curtsey to the boy and laughed before turning to leave again. The back door beckoned, but suddenly she stopped again and turned back to the boy. Her cheeks slightly flushed, she asked,

Boy, why do you not speak? Is it that you cannot? Or that you will not?

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2003, 12:12:22 AM »

Fuzzytail, who was meanwhile somewhere in Yerun's sleeve, climbed up the boy's arm and sat on his shoulder.

"Hey, elf!" - he cried to Cacunai: "He asks you where you are going," - Fuzzytail waited a bit and then added: "And thank you. This cook was spooky, brrr... He wanted to make stew out of us!"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2003, 02:29:22 AM »

Yerun watched as Cacunai turned to go. She's leaving! His heart sank a little.

"Boy, why do you not speak? Is it that you cannot? Or that you will not?"

Yerun looked down mournfully at his feet. He had no idea how to answer a question like that, especially when almost everyone that he met would ask him such a question. Memories came flooding back to him, bad memories ... He was thankful to hear Fuzzytail's voice ring out from his shoulder again, "Hey, elf! He asks you where you are going,"

Yerun nodded to himself inside, yes, he wanted to know where Cacunai was going. He didn't know why, but something told him it would be an important thing to know. He absent-mindedly raised a hand to stroke Fuzzytail on his shoulder.

Nai, you should answer Fuzzytail/Yerun's question, and then make your way to whatever you have planned -- remember to indicate where you are heading in your post. You will be "away" from Fluffy for a short time ;)

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2003, 04:35:22 AM »

Well, little master, I was going to go back to the main area of the Tavern and ask a few select questions, but I don't think I'd be very welcome there right now... therefore, I shall be on my way to the marketplace and see if there's anyone there who could help me. I have a plan. You're welcome, by the way.

She set a finger to the side of her nose in a knowing manner and winked, then turned and strode to the little door, slipped through it and was gone from the kitchen. Outside, she took a quick look around to get her bearings then slunk back to the Marketplace to find another likely informant. The old fortune teller was  not very likely to give her any more information, so now she would need to find another....

OOC: As soon as I get your permission/conformation, I shall post at my beloved Marketplace!

Edited by: Cacunai at: 12/21/03 20:37
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2003, 05:51:22 AM »

Go ahead and post at the Village Center thread Nai :)  I am wondering what you are up to *grin*

Fluffy, i shall post to you shortly, we are going on an adventure of our own *grin* ... after i get some homework done ... hehehe ...

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2003, 01:21:22 AM »

@Fluffy:

Yerun watched silently as Cacunai strode out the door and left. Standing there a little dumbfounded for a while, he turned back towards the kitchen and looked at the basket of vegetables he had yet to sort. Mechanically, he reached for the vegetables in the basket and started laying them out on the table, slipping in one or two cherries within his jacket for the Ramblers, hoping that would calm them down. Yerun whispered to the Ramblers, "You should all just stay with me from now on ... i won't let anybody hurt you."

Just then, two tavern maids came chattering into the kitchen. Omis was still no where to be seen. The two tavern maids smiled sweetly at Yerun, but a frown creased their brows, as they were looking for Omis to obtain something for a patron. Leaning against a table to wait, they started talking between themselves, while Yerun went about sorting the vegetables.

"What a ruckus that was, in the village center."
"Yea ... you would think after seven years it would all die down ..."
"Rumours say they might have uncovered something new ..."
"Something new? I wonder what that could be ... a couple of patrons have been asking for Kestrel."
"Kestrel?? You know they say that boy --"

The tavern maid was about to continue, but then realized that Yerun was in the room with them, and stopped herself in time. Both of them hushed for a while, and switched the conversation to something else.

The Ramblers felt a slight shudder at jolt through Yerun at the mention of "Kestrel". It was apparent that Yerun was upset about something, and it had something to do with Kestrel. But Yerun merely just continued sorting the vegetables stonefaced.

You should post once before the plot moves on Fluffy ;)

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2003, 09:43:22 AM »

Fuzzytail on Yerun's shoulder looked around. "No cook? Not here? Not there?" He jumped on the vegetables basket. The tavern maids were too busy talking to eachother to notice him.

"Psst! Yerun!" - Fuzzytail whispered to the boy: "I think we should find a place for Sparky... uh... the big black one to rest. He seemed hurt to me".

Fuzzytail then perched into the pocket of Yerun's jacket. There he found Sparky eating a cherrie from Smuggles' hands.
*Sqeck!* "Looks like you're not so bad after all".

He sprang on the basket again: "It's okay, Yerun. Take your time".

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2003, 12:36:22 AM »

@Fluffy:

When Fuzzytail mentioned Sparky's need for rest, Yerun was a little worried that Sparky was in bad condition. He was relieved when Fuzzytail said otherwise. Slipping the last of the cherries from the basket into his jacket pockets, he decided that the cherries were to have been "forgotten to be bought" this morning.

As the tavern maids left the kitchen after a while of not seeing Omis, Yerun finished sorting the last of the vegetables. All the time, the name "Kestrel" was spinning inside his head. A fierce debate was bubbling within him. He winced as he recalled Lady Bretha's fierce hatred for him in her eyes ... his parents ... his ... home. His parents ... he had to know! And Kestrel was the key, from what he had been told from Lady Bretha and heard from the talk around him all these years.

Looking around the kitchen to make sure nobody was around, Yerun spoke to Fuzzy tail who was perched atop the basket, a decision having been reached within himself, "You will follow me, won't you? To talk to that elf lady? Please? I ... i need to find out something ... about my parents ..." Yerun's big glassy eyes looked hopefully at Fuzzytail.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2003, 03:48:22 AM »

"You will follow me, won't you? To talk to that elf lady? Please? I ... I need to find out something ... about my parents ..."

"I guess, it can't hurt to help the boy" - thought Fuzzytail: "She didn't look hostile to me. Damn, she wasn't even surprised to hear a mouse talk!" "Alright, Yerun. You go, we'll follow."
*Sqrick!*
The Ramblers perched out of Yerun's jacked. "Listen here! We have to find that elf woman who just left for the boy. Shurshing... sweet... can you do that?"

"Of course!" - said Shurshing with excitement and run out of the kitchen. "A task, a task! Finally they trust me something!"

"What's wrong with your family anyway?" - asked then Fuzzytail.

((OOC: Don't worry about Shurshing, she'll go back to wherever Yerun is after she has found Nai :)  ))

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2003, 06:23:22 AM »

@Fluffy:

"Alright, Yerun. You go, we'll follow."

Yerun smiled gratefully at Fuzzytail, "Thank you ..." Yerun scanned the kitchen, seeing Omis had not yet returned and Lady Bretha no where to be seen, what better time to leave than now. Yerun felt all warm inside as Fuzzytail sent Shurshing scurrying off to find Cacunai. He remembered that Cacunai said she was going to the market place. That's where he'll go then, although he had no idea where in the market place he would find her.

Cupping Fuzzytail from the basket and into his jacket with his hands, he moved to the backdoor of the kitchen, hoping to catch Cacunai before she left the market place. That was when Fuzzytail squeaked errr ... spoke again, "What's wrong with your family anyway?"

Yerun abruptly stopped as his hand just reached for the door handle. "My ... my family?" He had a stunned look on his face. "I ... I ... can't remember ..." He moved his palm to his forehead as if in pain, "Something ... something happened to them ... i ... i can't remember!" Yerun looked like he was about to cry. "But ... but ... Kestrel knows! I'm sure! They ... they said it was from her Lady Bretha took me from! We ... we have to ... find that elf lady, i ... i think she can help ..."

With that Yerun opened the door and made his way to the market place.

Why don't you post about Shurshing in the market place? She should not be bumping into Cacunai yet, because i have something laid out for Cacunai, but she can have her own little adventure ;)     And when Cacunai is ready, then i will have Yerun and the rest of the Ramblers meet up with her in the market place :)     So, your next post should be for Shurshing in the Village Center thread. It'll probably be just one or two posts before the Ramblers meet up with Cacunai again.  

Edited by: Khiera at: 12/23/03 23:22
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2004, 04:38:22 AM »

Ryldor left Sir Olpeg's and contemplated Rofer's offer. If he's legitimate, this might be the easy way in. Of course, with this town it might be a trap and I might end up disappearing in the woods. Oh well.

Ryldor made his way towards the back of the Rusik, but stopped a few blocks away and surveyed the area, getting the lay of the land and planning out an exit route. As the appointed hour approached, Ryldor took off his sword and hid it on a nearby roof, then made sure his daggers were at the ready. Better to be unencumbered. He debated reversing his jacket, but decided against it. An extra surprise for them if there's trouble.

At exactly 21 bells, Ryldor approached the door.

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]