Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shack of Kestrel the Crazed  (Read 14552 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2004, 12:56:22 AM »

@Fluffy, Cacunai & Bahran:

Yerun followed meekly behind Cacunai as she walked up to the odd-looking woman. He felt oddly drawn towards her for some strange reason that he couldn't explain. Now they were finally face to face with her, and he had a juiliion (Yerun couldn't count you see, a juillion sounded like some counting figure he had heard from someone once in the tavern) different questions he wanted to ask the odd woman ... he just needed to figure out how to actually say them out.

"Your gatekeeper is quite efficient... if I may introduce myself? I am Cacunai, a seer of the tree and the wave, and this is Yerun. We've come to speak to you. We mean you no harm."

The odd looking woman smiled happily at both Cacunai and Yerun as if they were both distant relatives who had came to visit her bearing riches and gifts. She reached out and held Cacunai's hands, and shook them vigorously, "Klouupytipii! Juuuurett!! Nunimomolar!" Then she peered at a nervous looking Yerun, and then squinted for quite a while at him, finally turning to both the bear and Cacunai and asking in a semi-excited manner, "Huleehoot!! Brisylkhatna!! Neee!!! NEEEE!!!"

Smoothfur ran up to the Ramblers who had all tumbled out of Yerun's pockets and now congregated on the ground. Daintily, she curtsied (use your imagination) to the group with much awe and respect, especially glancing repeatedly at Manymeals with idolation, "Hello! I am SmoothFur! I have met your leader Manymeals, and am much in awe at your human and elf! You seem to use them for transport, do they foray for food for you as well?"  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2004, 08:53:22 PM »

As Ramblers listened to the words of the strange new rat, who scared the big bear, their eyes widened. Sparky who haven't yet finished discussing with Fuzzytail his behavior looked at Manymeals with an expression of wrath on his face. Manymeals, standing behind SmoothFur, fell on his knees and made wild gestures which probably meant that Sparky should play along and not give him out. Sparky gave Manymeals another angry look,but then his face calmed.

"Our leader, yes," - he squeezed out: "He is so smart, you know. So very damn smart..."
"Ahm, yes, the Big Ones are excellent for forays. We hardly need to get the food ourselves."

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 1/24/04 12:55
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2004, 05:00:22 AM »

I'm sorry, m'lady, I don't understand. Do you understand me?

Cacunai's gaze darted quickly from Yerun to the strange woman. So, she did recognize him... at least it looked like it. The wind picked up and her cloak billowed around her slim form, only heightening the tension she felt. At least seven magical animals (ech, magic!), a woman who spoke no recognizable language but had some connection to Yerun, a huge wood, which they must ultimately enter, and it just so happened to be infested with evil-driven elves - well, probably. She mentally slapped herself, shoring up the broad smile on her face as she waited for the woman's answer; her expression had begun to slip. Suddenly, she remembered the cloth the old fortune teller had given her. She gently tugged her hands out of the woman's grasp and dug out the blueish scrap from a deep inside pocket of her cloak. She held it out so the woman could see it.

Do you recognize this?

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/25/04 0:14
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2004, 10:01:22 AM »

"I'm sorry, m'lady, I don't understand. Do you understand me?"

The odd looking woman grinned a toothy, yellowish at Cacunai, alternating her head motions between vigorous shaking and enthusiastic nodding. Yerun slowly stepped out from behind Cacunai, and approached the woman. He started to open his lips to try to speak, when Cacunai held out a scrap of bluish cloth towards the odd woman.

"Do you recognize this?"

The odd woman suddenly stopped, and stood completely motionless. Her eyes grew wide and round, and one clear, audible word escaped her lips as she stared at the scrap of cloth, as if mesmerized, "B..Bretha ..."

>>>>><<<<<<

Meanwhile, a little distance away from Cacunai and Yerun ...

SmoothFur was extremely impressed. So Manymeals was telling her the truth! Wouldn't the other rats in the shack be impressed, when she brought Manymeals, his pack and the two humans that he owned back to show them?? Also, would Manymeals be brave enough to venture into the woods??

SmoothFur beamed at Manymeals (which consisted of raising her whiskers suitably and flashing her pearly white, sleek teeth), "Come! Come with me to the shack! All the rats would want to meet you! We have been looking for someone courageous and wise enough to lead us into the woods for a long time now!"

SmoothFur looked expectantly at Manymeals, expecting him to rouse his pack and declare that he would lead all the rats into the woods.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2004, 02:02:22 AM »

"W-w-woods?" - asked Manymeals carefully: "What woods?" - he looked around, realizing, that he has been actually standing in the within the woods: "Er... I mean, why would a respectable rat like you with such fine manners go into the woods? I mean, the woods aren't the right place for such a beautiful young rat."

Manymeals has never been to any woods any never wished to enjoy the peace of nature under the trees. He knew that all the rats who were romantically enough to go there never returned. Cities on the other hand were just fine and comfortable. Manymeals liked cities.

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2004, 10:20:22 AM »

Bretha, the landlady of the Regal Rusik. You know her?

Cacunai grinned inwardly. So, things were at last shaping up. Of course, it was still possible that this woman would shoo them away because she didn't like Bretha, or something like that... well, all she could do was hope.

OOC: SPS will kill me swiftly... :x

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/26/04 2:20
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2004, 11:39:22 PM »

((OOC: What is SPS??? Also, seems like Bah is not going to be around tonight ... i'm puppeting your Bear a little Bah, just for a sentence or two ;) ))

"Bretha, the landlady of the Regal Rusik. You know her?"

With quivering hands, the odd woman slowly took the scrap of blue cloth from Cacunai, and held it tenderly in her arms. It looked like she was about to cry as she kept repeating the word, not hearing what Cacunai just said, "Bretha ... Bretha ... Bretha ..."

Suddenly, Yerun rushed forth from behind Cacunai, and stood face to face with the odd woman, the odd woman gazing at Yerun uncertainly. Yerun started to speak, his voice wavering, like he was learning to speak for the very first time: "My ... father ... my ... mother ... where??"

The bear growled menacingly at Yerun who had approached the odd woman, and cast an angered gaze at Cacunai when he saw how she had made the odd woman stammer the name "Bretha" repeatedly. "You know crazy-lady's mean sister??!!"

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SmoothFur looked at Manymeals skeptically, as if she didn't expect Manymeals to say such things. An awkward pregnant pause ensued between all the rats. And then, SmoothFur started to squeak reverently, like a shepherd err ... mouseherd to its pack. "A long, long time ago, the Great Mouseh descended from the Rind of Cheese in the Sky, and He founded our colony in the woods. Many, many more years passed, and our people spread forth from the woods, leaving their place of origin, forgetting the teachings of the Great Mouseh. For a long, long time now we have been waiting for the prophesized Mouphet as nibbled in the Sacred Cheese  to come and lead our people back to our place of origin in the woods, and there we will regain our former glory once more, and ..." SmoothFur glanced towards Cacunai and Yerun, " ... all rats will be able to own humans!!"

SmoothFur cleared her throat with an odd gurgling sound and spoke once more to Manymeals with a serious tone. "You are the Mouphet that has arrived! You must lead our people into the woods!"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/27/04 3:05
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2004, 10:06:22 PM »

"No, no! Not him! Not this fat lazy bungler!" - thought Fuzzytail: "I would make a much better Mouphet! I am a mouse in the first place!"

"But, why do you want to live in the woods? There are all kinds of dangerous beasts around and..." - began Manymeals, but Fuzzytail who was already planning the foundation of his own ratty empire quickly interrupted him: "But of course he will lead you into the woods! He's just a bit unsure about the details, isn't he?" - Fuzzytail prodded Manymeals: "Even the Great Mouphet cannot handle thoughtless, you know."

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 1/27/04 14:08
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2004, 11:37:22 PM »

@Fluffy:

((OOC: I'm going to do a little semi-puppeting to move you along.))

SmoothFur beamed as she heard Fuzzytail speak up, though she wondered why a subordinate was speaking up for the leader of the pack in the first place. Ignoring Fuzzytail and looking admirably at Manymeals once more, SmoothFur beckoned, "Come! Come! All of them will be so joyful to finally see the Great Mouphet come to lead us back!!"

Manymeals was hesitant, but Fuzzytail had his desire set on his now new objective, and the others trailed behind Fuzzytail dragging Manymeals by his tail following SmoothFur as they scampered along the grass towards the shack, completely oblivious to the exchange between the two humans, a bear and an elf.

SmoothFur squirkled excitedly as they scurried along behind her, hoping that she was providing good information for the Great Mouphet,"Ever since our kind left the woods and spread forth, the dark figures have taken over our Sacred Site, and that's why we are hiding from humans now instead of eating them like cheese! The Great Mouphet will prove his Greatness, and lead our kind into the woods once more to the Sacred sight, and he will four-feetly (a rat's version of "single-handedly without any weapons" ) drive the dark figures away while our kind watch in awe --" SmoothFur stopped to take in a deep breath as they reached the entrance of the shack, and lost her train of thought in the process.

SmoothFur then gazed somberly at Manymeals, "First you must answer the Cheesy Question (pun intended!) to reveal yourself as the true Great Mouphet before you can approach the Sacred Cheese!" SmoothFur paused for effect, then began importantly, "How many holes does the Sacred Cheese have?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2004, 03:28:22 PM »

OOC: Short Post Syndrome! I DIE WITH HONOR! :x

IC:

So, Bretha was crazy-lady's sister. Wait a moment, this was Kestrel, wasn't it? Aye, it had to be! So, Bretha was related to Kestrel, and she is somehow related to Yerun, which means Bretha is somehow related to Yerun... by blood? Marrige (sp?)?  Friendship, honor, debt? Cacunai did not move to intercept Yerun, but turned a withering glare on the bear and made a wiggling motion with her hand, like the movement of a mouse.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 1/29/04 7:31
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2004, 12:55:22 AM »

((This SPS-thingie seems to take over me too :\  ))

Sparky started to boil. If he had no fur, his face would certainly go red as a tomato. Did those two foolish teenagers think they were the leaders?!
Seeing his face expression, Smuggles came to Sparky and put her paw on his shoulder: "Let the children play," - she said calmly: "We women (ah... she-rats?) know you're the one to follow."

Meanwhile Manymeals stood before SmoothFur and pondered what to answer her. Damn, how was he supposed to know how many holes this stupid piece of cheese had? He sighed. For the first time he was interested in another rat, and she turned out to be a fanatic.
"Well..." - he said finally: "It has to be a meowt-a-furrycal question, right? You see, if the cheese was sacred, then you would have to keep it for hundreds of years, like any other sacred thing. But if you would keep it  this long, it would be overgrown by mushrooms and decay. This means, the sacred cheese is non-existent and, therefore, has no holes."

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 1/29/04 16:57
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2004, 02:36:22 AM »

@Cacunai:

((OOC: Oh ... so that's what SPS is ... didn't know it was a syndrome all by itself!! Well, let's inject a little movement into your plot thread then and see if that helps jolt something, eh? ;)  ))

Seeing no response from Cacunai but an annoying wiggling motion from her hand, the bear growled again, this time louder, but did not step forward, probably because the odd woman had moved towards the bear, and clutched on to its large furry frame, as if seeking protection, her eyes all the while still trained intently on Yerun.

Yerun, seeing no response from the odd woman, struggled with himself to press further words out from his lips, "K.. Kestrel?? My ... mother ... father ... where?!" This time, there was a distinct sense of urgency in his tone, and Yerun's whole body had started to shudder uncontrollably.

The odd woman, who had been addressed as Kestrel by Yerun, whimpered slightly, and merely continued repeating Lady Bretha's name. The boy and woman stood at an uncomfortable impasse for the briefest of moments that seemed like hours had passed, until suddenly Yerun gave a sharp, anguished cry, and before anyone could stand in his way, he rushed straight towards the woods, and his skinny figure was soon swallowed up by the shivering trees.

Right ... you can follow him, or stay and ask questions etc ... all up to you ;)  If you decide to run after Yerun in the woods, commence posting in the Shivering Woods thread.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/29/04 18:54
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2004, 02:53:22 AM »

@Fluffy:

((OOC: :lol   Great post!!))

An uncomfortable silence descended upon all of the rats (and one mouse) as Manymeals declared the answer. SmoothFur merely stood motionless, staring at Manymeals with a blank expression.

Then, a sharp, piercing squeak emerged from the corner, and an accented squirtch in rat-speak sounded out from within the darkness of the shack, "It is the Mouphet! He has come! He has come!!" And before anyone (err ... rodent) could stir or squeak in response, a group of scurrying figures emerged from within the shack, an assortment of rats -- grey, greyish, light greyish, brown, brownish, dark brownish ... scrawny ones, well-fed ones, teething ones, broken tooth ones, limping ones, hopping ones ... all manner of shapes, colour and sizes. There was easily 30 rats now gathered at the doorway of the shack besides SmoothFur and the Ramblers.

Hushed chittering and sqritching could be heard as two stout bodied rats helped the figure of an old, frail, black rat who looked liked he had been chewed by one cat too many forward from the crowd towards Manymeals. SmoothFur announced reverently to all, "The Mouphet speaks the truth!" SmoothFur swished her tail towards the old, decrepit looking black rat, "This is Ehytoomuch, he was the last of the last to nibble on the Sacred Cheese! The Sacred Cheese lives in every and all of us!" There was a round of cheers from the rats all round -- which sounded like "xxyytcchhhxxyyyttcchhhh!!!" over and over again.

SmoothFur stood on her hind legs, and addressed Manymeals, "We are all ready to follow your lead into the woods Great Mouphet!"

Right, you can commence posting at the Shivering Woods thread. Or, if there's anything else you want to do before heading into the woods (like ... oh, i don't know ... give orders or something? hehehe), continue posting here before we head to the woods. :devilish  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 1/30/04 14:24
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]