Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Weaver's Cottage  (Read 19336 times)
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2003, 05:33:22 AM »

Nodding at Mina's questions, Kiushapo crossed his arms across his chest as he leaned in his chair. With nothing to say, his thoughts drifted to the information they had already obtained. All he had wanted to do in the beginning was go to the woods and check things out, but each new clue had made him wonder more about what was actually going on. How had the prince managed to escape? Who exactly were these people in the woods? Why capture the princess in the first place, and then why shut up about it, it didn't make for a very good ransom plan.

His thoughts jumped from one to another, one line of thought creating two more it seemed, but for the life of him, he couldn't untie this particular knot.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2003, 09:09:22 AM »

@Ariel, Kiushapo & Mina:

"Well, since you were here when the princess disappeared, could you tell us what happened at that time? Elric told me that the prince and princess entered the Woods alone, with no guards. I'm quite curious as to why they did this, and why so little is known of what happened to the princess if the prince was with her when she disappeard."

Elric nodded at Arialle as if to confirm that he did indeed tell Mina as such. Arialle sighed a long drawn sigh before speaking again. "I was merely a young girl of 14 when the unfortunate incident happened, Lady Mina. My mother and I heard of the incident later from the village people, and we know not more nor less than the village people you see here. We have shunned the royalty ever since being moved here, and needless to say, we have not returned to Caelum since then, and i have not seen the King or any member of the royal family for years."  Elric gave Arialle a warm squeeze on her palm as if in comfort, and Arialle's mother's countenance was stern, almost painful, at the mention of the King.

Mina's next question caught Arialle by surprise.
"Also, I noticed an elderly man leaving this cottage just before we arrived. He appears to be the same one I had seen at the tavern yesterday, being persued by some Guards led by an elven knight named Valannia. Who exactly is he, and why are they looking for him?"

Arialle stiffened in her seat. "What elderly man are you talking about, Lady Mina? I know of no such man, my mother and I were busy at our looms until Elric arrived. And i know not about the guards and their affairs." She shrugged slightly.

Elric look oddly at Mina, wondering why she would ask such a strange question. "I have heard of a Lieutanent Valannia that has been sent by the Prince to confer with Captain Gavrin, but i know not about what." Glancing quickly at Ariel, Kiushapo and Mina, he spoke again, in an energetic tone, "But come, my friends, the hour is getting no earlier, and we should leave for the camps soon. You are all still ... keen on helping myself and my love in seeking out the Princess in the woods, yes?"

Ariel, Mina & Kiu, as long as two of you post with agreement to go with Elric to the camps, then the plot can move along with Elric. This is to give you any of you the opportunity to decline joining Elric and go on exploring on your own, if you decide to do so.

The Tale of Khiera Meneris
Hold me. Soothe me. Love me. Save me from my Rage.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2003, 08:10:22 AM »

Chuckling at the man's choice of words Kiushapo stood and nodded at Elric "I am indeed still being....keen, as you say, to be helping you." Now that action had been proposed he was raring to go, he needed something to think about rather than the circle of motives he had been contemplating. "But, only if my companion is willing as well." He turned to look at Mina, the question evident on his face 'Yes or no?'

Kiushapo's Story

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2003, 02:15:22 PM »

Mina was disappointed that she did not manage to get any useful information from their answers.  Still, Arialle's reaction to her second question, at least, told her that she did know something about the old man.  

"Our reason for coming to this village is to find the princess, so, yes, we will go with you.  Perhaps lieutenant Dorrum will have the answers I seek."  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2003, 02:41:22 PM »

@Ariel, Mina & Kiushapo:

Elric thumped his fist hard on the table excitedly as he shot up from his seat, "Very well then! To the woods we go!" He gently held up Arialle's hand and kissed the back of her palm, "And i shall return with the Princess, or not return at all, My Love!"

Ok, everyone's next post will be at the main encampment. Elric will be with you guys as an NPC.  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2003, 06:25:22 PM »

(Short-break, didn't know it was coming, just happened...sorry)

Evelaria looked up at the woman who approached and thought, Oh, great more trouble?. She stood up and helped the man fully to his feet and then glanced over at the woman once again.

"I am fine, truly I am. He just thought that I killed his son and well, yeah. That is pretty much it...I suppose everything is fine now, ma'am. I should really be going now...I was given an urgent message by a Seer."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2004, 03:37:22 AM »

@Eve:

((OOC: NP! Holidays and all ... who would have known? ;) ))

The woman looked appreciatively at Eve as Eve helped her husband to his feet. Torval, meanwhile, had started to shake and convulse slightly, and his eyes were glazed as if he was lost in another world.

"I am fine, truly I am. He just thought that I killed his son and well, yeah. That is pretty much it...I suppose everything is fine now, ma'am. I should really be going now...I was given an urgent message by a Seer."

The woman nodded towards Eve in understanding, "You are very kind, Milady. Unfortunately," she looked towards her husband forlornly, who was now seemingly frothing at the corner of his mouth, "Torval ... lost his mind when our son was killed when he was directed to go into the woods a few years ago ... the missing princess and all ..." The woman sighed heavily, "And now, our other son, his twin brother, is still under the service of the Royal Guard, he's at the main encampment, you know. After his brother was ... killed, we implored him to leave the service and the woods, but he was stout in his opinion that he could make a difference ..." She shook her head sadly. "I trek to the main encampment once or twice a week, to bring him some food from home, and advise him to leave, but it's of no avail ..."

Clearing her throat a little, she turned to Eve apologectically, "Oh dear, Milady, i'm sorry to trouble you with our troubles ... don't let me ramble on like that again. And what ... what was this urgent message you were saying? About a seer?"

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2004, 05:08:22 PM »

((I decided to change colors...maybe this will be easier to see))

Eve listened to the woman's words. She would probably go to speak with the woman's son later on. This mystery about the princess was beginning to become a larger part of Eve's day as she went on. She looked at the man as he began to convulse and her eyes widened. He was obviously a man who had lost his mind, as his wife had confirmed. She let go of him and turned to face the wife fully.

"Well, MiLady, this woman...blind I believe...was having convulsions similar to those of your husband. She kept muttering things to me. Things about righting the wrong and about the Princess. I am confused as to why the Princess must be found. Perhaps you could fill me in on the information regarding the young woman?"

Eve moved towards the woman, leaving her husband to deal with his own mind. She didn't like to meddle with those she thought was insane or close to it.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2004, 01:37:22 AM »

@Eve:

((OOC: Ooohh ... interesting colour!))

The woman stroked her husband's arm soothingly to comfort him, and he gradually fell silent and obediently stood there motionless without saying a further word.

"Well, MiLady, this woman...blind I believe...was having convulsions similar to those of your husband. She kept muttering things to me. Things about righting the wrong and about the Princess. I am confused as to why the Princess must be found. Perhaps you could fill me in on the information regarding the young woman?"

The woman cocked an eyebrow,  "Blind? Madame Merawal, eh? No, no, she's not blind ... she lost one eye several years ago, but some say her single eye changed from brown to violet, and it gives her great powers in seeing the past and future."She spoke in a very reverent tone.

"But what's this about righting some kind of wrong? The Princess has disappeared for years, the poor soul ..." she sighed, "We don't know much about the Princess, us common people, only that the King has been gradually going mad because of his grief at her loss ... or so we hear. I don't know why the Prince has suddenly sent hordes of guards to the woods now ... that all should have been done 7 years ago ...if you ask me ... "

She looked up towards Eve again, a grateful look, "But anyway, Milady, i must be making my way home and to the woods before the hour gets too late ... Tis the day i visit my other son at the encampment ... perhaps ... you would like to come along, Milady?"  

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2004, 06:58:22 PM »

"Blind? Madame Merawal, eh? No, no, she's not blind ... she lost one eye several years ago, but some say her single eye changed from brown to violet, and it gives her great powers in seeing the past and future."

Evelaria took in what the woman said as she always did. She was a great listener, one of the many aspects of this fine warrior. "Madame Merawal? A Seer? Has she ever spoken of visions about the Princess?" she asked, repeating what she had already called the woman.

"But what's this about righting some kind of wrong? The Princess has disappeared for years, the poor soul ..." she sighed, "We don't know much about the Princess, us common people, only that the King has been gradually going mad because of his grief at her loss ... or so we hear. I don't know why the Prince has suddenly sent hordes of guards to the woods now ... that all should have been done 7 years ago ...if you ask me ... "

Eve raised an eyebrow at this. "Why would he wait so long to finally search out the princess? Perhaps...no never mind," she said. She was about to say that perhaps the King wanted the Princess to be dead. Perhaps she knew something he wanted to keep from her?

"But anyway, Milady, i must be making my way home and to the woods before the hour gets too late ... Tis the day i visit my other son at the encampment ... perhaps ... you would like to come along, Milady?"

Eve smiled at the woman's invitation. She had planned to visit the young man anyhow. "Of course I would love to travel with you. Shall we go to your home first? Or shall we make our way to your son? Ma'am, how long has your son been at the encampment?"

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2004, 02:39:22 AM »

@Eve:

"Madame Merawal? A Seer? Has she ever spoken of visions about the Princess?"

The woman frowned a little, "Well ... i don't know ... people don't usually go asking Madame Merawal about the Princess ..." Eve's next question made the woman sigh again.

"Why would he wait so long to finally search out the princess? Perhaps...no never mind,"

"We don't know, we don't know. The King loves the Princess so much, i'm sure he would have done whatever he could to save the Princess ... I'm sure the King himself would have gone into the woods himself if his health and age permitted him to do so ... "

The old woman looked ponderously towards the sky, and then broke into a warm smile when Eve next spoke. "Of course I would love to travel with you. Shall we go to your home first? Or shall we make our way to your son? Ma'am, how long has your son been at the encampment?"

"Oh! That would be lovely, my dear! I always like company when i'm making my way to the woods ... Old Jothia is ill today, you know, the healer, and she usually accompanies me to see my son. We'll just send old Torvald here off," she looked lovingly at her husband, who was now grinning from ear to ear at Eve like he had been given a sack of gold, "and then we should make our way to the woods so it won't be too late when we arrive at the encampment. He's been there for six years or so, my son, he knows the woods pretty well ..."

And so Eve and the couple walked back to their house, a little cottage at the end of the street, and after the woman had made sure her husband was safely tucked into bed, she grabbed another heavy shawl, a basket of goods and headed with Eve towards the direction of the woods.

Make post in the Village Outskirts thread, and then we'll go do a little travelling ;)

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2004, 08:13:22 AM »

The time for this plot thread is still 21 Bells.

@Ryldor:

((OOC: Although the thread is titled the Weaver's Cottage, Ryldor is currently not in the weaver's cottage, but somewhere else -- around the vicinity of the weaver's cottage area -- which will be revealed as the posts go along. ))

Ryldor woke up with a jolt as a pungent smell of herbs invaded his nostrils. There was a slight throbbing ache in his head, and his vision was a little blurred when he attempted to open his eyes. But as the cloudiness of his sight cleared, Ryldor could make out that he was in a small room, with a single source of candle light from one corner of the room. He was seated (or slumped, rather) on a rather uncomfortable rickety feeling chair.

Seated to his left was the veiled and hooded mystery woman, looking at him intently. To his right, stood a frail-looking woman, her face fraught with lines and wrinkles, also looking at Ryldor curiously.

The mystery woman spoke first, to Ryldor, "Are you alright?"

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2004, 07:02:22 AM »

(OOC. The spell is Sense Aura Khi)

"Khi…" was the first thing Ryldor said as he came out of the haze and saw the hooded woman. Realizing he was wrong, he shook his head to clear it before looking over the room more carefully. Two women. I really have to start making my requests more specific. He sat up straighter in the chair and decided he needed to know what he was up against. With no attempt to hide what he was doing, he summoned his energy and said "Erí’Cár’áll" in an attempt to determine if the women were magic users and if they were, how strong.

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2004, 12:25:22 AM »

((OOC: :p ))

It was hard to tell whether the mystery woman was smiling behind her dark veil, but it certainly felt so. Seeing Ryldor uttering a word, followed by several other words, her voice, although still muffled, took on a light, more cheerful tone, "Ah, so you have come to. And indeed you are no merchant." It was clear to both women in the dark room that Ryldor was casting a spell, and the old woman started taking on an expression of apprehensiveness, but the mystery woman seemed relaxed and confident that Ryldor was not casting a spell to harm then. The mystery woman reassured the old woman with a series of brief gestures.

Ryldor's spell indicated to him that the mystery woman was youthful and strong, while the old woman was frail and dying. Both were revealed to be non-magic users.

The mystery woman then inched closer towards Ryldor, and swiftly removed her hood, then her veil. It was the baroness.

This time her smile was visible. It was a soft, gentle smile, but one which was determined, and purposeful. "We meet again, Ryldor." She ran her eyes up and down Ryldor, as if trying to discern every nook and cranny that formed the elf called "Ryldor". "You have questions, i know, if not many. But first, we would like some answers from you, which i'm sure you will not mind parting with." Lady Rivya flashed Ryldor another scintillating smile, "You are no merchant, that is obvious. Why are you here? Are you here under the Prince's orders? Tell us who you are ... in your entirety."  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2004, 06:40:22 AM »

"Lady Rivya," Ryldor said as a smile crossed his face when her identity was revealed. "Why didn't you tell me it was you? I would have come willingly."

As he listened to the questions posed to him, his expression hardened. Hmmm. Compliant? Refusing? Obstinate? Insulted? Making his choice he began. "This is incredulous. I've been assaulted and brought here against my will and you demand answers that I would easily have given had I simply been asked. Is this how the people of Eresh deal with one another? Maybe the Princess has been answering questions for the last seven years." He slumped back in his chair as if resigned. "I came to you with an offer. A good offer. One that could have enriched both of us." He straightened in his chair again, hoping to project a newfound resolve. "I'm the one who's been attacked… twice now. You'll get answers to your questions when you explain your actions… in its entirety."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]