* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shivering Woods  (Read 37839 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2004, 11:09:22 AM »

Cacunai shook her head sorrowfully. The dead rat would not have been able to stand the toxins on the dart's tip, even if she had survived the initial jab. A small part of her brain noticed the dark green band on the dart's fletching with interest. Her darts were color-coded, and dark green meant deadly. Sharty (going to call him that from now on, except in dialogue) would have been dead had the rodents' plan succeeded. Oh, this was all a shambles, all of it.

Logged
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 207


« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2004, 11:31:22 AM »

Manymeals approached SmoothFurs body and stroke the dead rat tenderly. On his face he had an expression of the deepest grief.

"It wasn't you fault, friend," - said Sparky slowly getting up on his legs: "It was just an accident. She didn't have to stop me. She knew I wasn't going to hurt the Big One."

"But... but it was my fault," - responed Manymeals: "She believed in me, and I... I betrayed her... It was all my fault! I shouldn't have lead them here..."


-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2004, 11:56:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

SmoothFur twitched only but for mere seconds, and departed for the Great Ratty Paradise in the sky, the poison on the dart so lethal. The ratty congregation didn't know about SmoothFur's death yet though, still huddled together on the other side. It was up to Manymeals ... and Sparky, to decide whether to reveal the news of SmoothFur's death, or to explain away her absence ... taking into account the "congregation's" potential reaction of course.

Shartrelyend had strode angrily into the scene of chaos, glaring at each of the stunned archers in turn, who now revealed themselves from their hiding places, numbering to about 20 female archers, with some scalded, some wounded, some dazed, and the rest with guilty expressions on their face.

In a flurry of angry Styrash and enraged gestures, Shartrelyend spoke in an admonishing tone to all the archers who had gathered around him, "Incompetent fools!! You know how the Princess is! And this is what you allowed to happen?!"



Alrighty, one post from each of you and i'll move the plot along.  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/23/04 3:29
Logged
Evelaria
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 128


« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2004, 12:43:22 AM »

(Wow...that was too long of a break)

The noise was hardly loud, but noticeable enough to the clerical warrior's ears. Chaos had blessed her with enhanced senses and enhanced prowess...she heard the sound. Her eyes darted about the woods carefully, she knew that something was not right. Perhaps that same elf who had attacked her earlier was still following.

"Thaetum, tell me do you not hear that sound?" she asked as he helped her along. "It is a child...a child is crying!"

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2004, 01:33:22 AM »

@Eve:

((OOC: Good to see you back Eve! Was worried that we might have to wrap up without you! But all's well now :D ))

"Thaetum, tell me do you not hear that sound? It is a child...a child is crying!"

Thaetum had walked quite a few paces ahead of Eve, and turned back towards her with an irritated look on his face as he cocked his head, and looked as if he was sniffing the air or straining to hear what Eve had pointed out. "What are you talking about woman?? Hearing voices now? Well don't let them rustling trees blind your ears now! Come on, we have to keep moving."

Thaetum proceeded forward in a huff, and disappeared into another cluster of Larkentirs ahead that he brushed past.

Meanwhile, the soft sobbing and crying to Eve's right seem to have gradually increased in volume. It was a heart-wrenching, sorrowful cry, and tugged at the heartstrings of even such a hardened warrior as Eve.  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 616



« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2004, 04:37:22 AM »

What am I doing here again? Ryldor thought as he made his way into the woods. He felt enveloped, almost as if the forest was swallowing him whole. I wonder if the Princess thought the same things seven years ago. Did she suspect she was never coming out? Am I? He took a deep breath and did his best to shake the feeling. When did you become a little girl Lord Ryldor? he asked himself in a mocking tone. Relax. This is just a walk in the park.

This all changed when he saw the figures. He dropped to one knee and motioned for the six men to stop. He glanced over his shoulder at the squad of troops. They seemed oblivious to the new "threat." Crack troops you gave me Prince. He turned back to the figures in the woods. Did they see us yet? I wouldn't bet against it with the way things are going.

Feff it. he thought as he stood and approached the nearest figure. When he got to about a ped away, he stopped and said "Hello. Need any assistance?"

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

Logged

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Evelaria
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 128


« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2004, 05:04:22 AM »

"What are you talking about woman?? Hearing voices now? Well don't let them rustling trees blind your ears now! Come on, we have to keep moving."

Eve sighed and continued to walk behind Thaetum, but as they walked deeper into the forest the sound increased and she stopped and stomped her feet into the ground. The sound of her axes clanking on her belt echoed throughout the woods.

"The sound...a child is crying. I cannot believe that such a skillful hunter as yourself cannot hear it! I know what I am hearing and it is a child that is crying!"

The cry seemed to only grow louder every time Eve spoke. "Do you hear it now?!"

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2004, 11:56:22 PM »

@Ryldor:

The six Royal Guards stopped in an impressive simultaneous manner as Ryldor motioned for them to halt. Curiously, they watched as Ryldor bent down on one knee, pondering something at length, and then approached a cluster of Larkentirs like any other, noticing that Ryldor's lips moved but not quite hearing what was being said. Remembering about the "spell" and "tarep" part of the mage's instruction, the six men felt it better not to question anything, and merely stood mutedly as they waited for Ryldor to do ... whatever.

"Hello. Need any assistance?"

Ryldor watched as the figures remained motionless, not even a stir of acknowledgement of his question. But then, a low hissing sound emerged from where Ryldor directed the question, turning into a heavily accented Styrash, "What do you think you are doing here, with those humans? They shall not be leaving the woods alive, but you, you should leave, distant kin. Now."

The six guards a little ways off behind Ryldor stood at attention, still surveing their surroundings. Not even remotely aware that their fate had been sealed.



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2004, 12:11:22 AM »

@Eve:

Thaetum could hear Eve babbling something as he trudged on at a measured and increasingly hurried pace through the woods. He was eager to get to his destination, and it was getting closer. All they had to go was get there. A nd then something that Eve said floated its way to his ears.

"Do you hear it now?!"

Now Thaetum was annoyed. All he heard was the rustling of the darn trees, the heavy thuds of his own two feet, and the rhythmic clanking of Eve's axes. Turning back, he sighed loudly, in annoyance, and spoke resignedly to Eve, "Look lady, we need to get where we need to go fast, the hour is not getting earlier. Either you come along now and don't slow us down, or you go seek out that 'child' that you keep muttering about and shut it up. Alright?!"

Turning around again, Thaetum strode forward once more, grumbling to himself, and leaving Eve to decide whether she was coming along or not.



State in your post whether you ignore the crying and follow Thaetum ahead, or that you stay behind and sought out the source of the crying. If you ignore it, commence posting in The Ring of Stones thread -- make a post there and i'll move you on. If you decide to seek out the crying, continue posting in this thread.  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 616



« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2004, 07:18:22 AM »

Great. I found the elves of the woods. Ryldor thought about the six men behind him. They wouldn't be about to die if it wasn't for this charade of mine. I guess I have to try to save them.

"Brothers. I apologize for bringing them into the woods. It embarrasses me to travel with these humans, but I had no choice. There is a much greater threat to you and these woods than those six that I command. The human ruler of Eresh, wishes to destroy the woods. In two hours, the Prince intends to burn them to the ground. I can stop him but I need some help. There is a very powerful one mage here and I need him to stop the Prince. These six men are following my orders to make sure that I am able to bring him back alive and to protect the forest." He decided to try to change the subject off of killing the men. "You found us very quickly. Perhaps you can help me find the mage."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

Logged

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 207


« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2004, 11:04:22 PM »

((OOC: I'm back after a little sickness break.))

Manymeals didn't move and stayed by SmoothFur's body. He wished, he could disappear, be somewhere else, forget about the woods, everything. He was no leader, he couldn't make decisions and he couldn't accept the consequences. He didn't want to speak with the others, explain SmoothFur's death somehow, and so he just kept silence: a little helpless rat with the feeling of guilt on his hands.

Fuzzytail meanwhile considered running away from Shartrelyend. Of course, this way he won't be able to demonstrate his greatness to the ratty people or find Yerun, but on the other hand, the perspective of ending up on the plate also wasn't too bright.  


-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 2/24/04 15:29
Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2004, 09:19:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The hissing sound increased, and so did the surrounding rustling, causing three of the six guards to shuffle around nervously. The voice responded to Ryldor, with a clear undertone of anger, "And why should we trust you, companion of humans? Many have come, much has been said. Few if any have left these woods ... because they lie. We fear not threats nor guiles. If you wish aid for whatever purpose, prove your worth."

Right at that very moment, an arrow sliced through the air, narrowly missing Ryldor's shoulder, and pierced right through an unfortunate guard who was standing at the forefront.

Chaos immediately ensued with the remaining five guards hollering in alarm and brandishing their weapons, some heading towards the Larkentirs to slash out the enemy.

The voice rang out again, smug and firm, "Kill the humans! And we shall grant you aid!"



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2004, 08:41:22 AM »

The second she heard the word "Princess", Cacunai was up and advancing into the clearing. She didn't say anything, but eyed Shartrelyend closely. Was it the Princess she sought? If so, where was she now? If not, which Princess was it? The archers were all female, she noted. Handmaidens? The back of her mind noted idly that no one she had seen so far was astride. Were the trees too densely packed for horses, or did they just prefer infantry to cavalry. Suddenly the seer realized she had been away longer than Daala had been told to wait for. The mare would try to find her, she knew, but in doing so she would wander too close to the city and be captured. Daala wore no saddle nor bridle, no halter, no noseband or anything to pronounce ownership. What if the guards tried to injure her? Daala would not go willingly with anyone but Cacunai. The elven woman closed her eyes for a moment in deep thought, then realized there was nothing she could do. Shartrelyend had led her off any path she recognized, there was no avenue of escape. Besides, she had to make sure the rats were safe for Yerun.

OOC: Note: the horse probably won't impact anything, it's just something to make her distracted. =p Best I could do mate!

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2004, 09:31:22 AM »

@Fluffy and Cacunai:

((OOC: Not a talkative type, eh? Our Cacunai? :wink2 ))

Under Cacunai's silent and watchful gaze, Shartrelyend spewed out a violent stream of heavily accented Styrash with an angry and reprimanding tone at the female archers, who hung their heads low and shuffled their feet in guilt. Shatrelyend paced around with an air of annoyance hung heavily around him, before barking out an order, "Well?! And you stand around like trees?! After the Princess! If you do not secure her safety, none of you shall be spared of wrath!"

That sent the archers scurrying off in nervous and anxious haste and towards the direction where Kiushapo had taken the Princess, with the wounded heading off towards a different direction ... possibly to heal and rest.

Sullen-faced, Shatrelyend turned towards Cacunai, almost stepping on a chittering rat or two with his brisk, terse steps,  "Well, sorceress kin, are you still bent on retrieving that human male child, or would you rather go ... human hunting with myself?" As an after thought, he muttered in irritation, "And would you be so considerate as to ... direct those ... pets of yours --" He waved dismissively towards the swarm of now chittering, confused and panicking rats, "-- to ... disperse? I am starting to acquire the urge to ..." He let the rest of his sentence trail off, but the ensuing abrupt silence sounded suspiciously like " -- skewer them over a fire."

The congregation of rats, meanwhile, had started a round of confused and alarmed chittering amongst themselves, for they saw no sight of Manymeals or SmoothFur. "Where is our Mouphet?!" "What are we doing here?" "Cheese, i don't see any cheese!" "Something smells here!" "That Big sharp eared one nearly stepped on my nose!!"



((OOC: Fluffy, if you have the urge to "escape" from Sharty and the rest of the gang, you can do so in your next post ;) ))



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2004, 10:52:22 AM »

I do not control them, they have their own will. I would not presume to bind anything or anyone against their will.

Cacunai shrugged dismissively, ignoring his suggestion to go 'human-hunting' for now.

However, they are under my protection and I'm afraid if you try to injure them, I shall have to hurt you.

She smiled darkly, then turned in the directon the wounded had gone. Make a note of that... they would be heading to somewhere safe where they could lick their wounds. Could be useful to know of a safe place, indeed. Right, well, the only humans this elf wanted to hunt, were the Princess and Yerun.

I do not blame anyone for the mistakes of their kind, Shartelyend. If I did that, I would be obliged to kill myself to atone for my people. Come, the only humans I want to hunt are the young ones. Or can you not bear to be left out of the hunt?

Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 21
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx