Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shivering Woods  (Read 37674 times)
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2004, 12:12:22 AM »

Sparky who almost pulled weak-willed Manymeals all the way from the clearing tried to understand what the Kuatu meant.
"Hey, it seems our big friend has found the boy," - he poked Manymeals: "That's good news, no?"
Manymeals didn't answer.
"Come on, you're still their mouphet," - said Sparky: "You can still lead them out of here."
"Go... follow the squirrel..." - managed to squeeze out Manymeals.
"You've heard him! All after the squirrel!" - commanded Sparky

The confuzed rats obeyed, however they made sure to keep distance from the hopping Kuatu.

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »

@Eve & Fluffy:

"I am sorry that you had to suffer through that. I'm also sorry for my behavior towards you earlier. I was being impatient and just wanted a room."

Yerun slipped a little further away from Eve nervously as she took off her cloak, feeling intimidated by her garb and the glinting blades of her axes. But as she handed her cloak to him with a softened tone of voice, he felt less afraid and began to tilt closer to her again, grasping her cloak in his hands and trembling a little as he stammered again, "I..I ... it..it's alright. B..but --" He hesistated briefly, and then looked at the warrior with pleading eyes, " -- c..can you t..take me t..t..to the s..st..stones, d..do you k..kn..know w..wh..where they are?"

Just at that moment, an excited Kuatu came bounding out of a cluster of Larkentirs towards Eve and Yerun, squeaking loudly, "Acorn lady!! Acorn Lady!!"

And behind the Kuatu, was a large flood of rats scampering in haste. Yerun's eyes widened as he recognized the two familiar rats among them, "......!" He called out, realizing that he didn't really know what their names were.

((OOC: Just make one more post each ... perhaps to get acquainted or something lol, and we'll head for the infamous Ring of Stones :evil ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2004, 09:29:22 AM »

A concerned look came to Ryldor's face as Neshjullotere spoke. Wonderful. This wasn't going to be hard enough. Better continue with the bluff. The mage spoke slowly and purposefully. "I assume you've dealt with wild animals before. I'm sure you know that they're at their most dangerous when trapped, injured or both. That's what we're with dealing with in Caradol now, except in this case the wild animal is more powerful than you know."

After a pause to let his words sink in, he continued. "When we find him, I'm going to talk to him. If he's alive then we can end this easily. If not we'll have some work to do. As for my daggers, I'll be keeping them. If you're that worried about it, you can stay here while I go save the woods."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2004, 08:03:22 PM »

Eve smiled at the boy. If she took him she might have a chance of catching up with Thaetum and prove to him that she was right. "Yes..I.."

"Acorn lady!! Acorn Lady!!"

Seeing the squirrels again Eve rolled her eyes, and put a hand to her forehead. "Why aren't they dead yet!?" she asked herself. She gave a fake smile, and looked at the boy hoping he would be wierded out by Eve's face towards the squirrels. "I know them...in a way. Oh, my name is Evelaria," she said with a smile.

The warrior then looked at the "horde" of rats following the squirrels. "Oh, great more rodents," she said to the animals.  

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2004, 04:23:22 PM »

The last few events all happened in a blur, before Cacunai could think of a suitably acid response for Sharty-boy, he had gone and left her seething. Then the rats too departed and the crying stopped. Thoroughly confused and altogether frustrated with the whole affair, Cacunai abruptly turned and began to scale the tree she leaned against. As she reached the higher branches, they began to sway under her weight and the tree increased in its shuddering and twittering. After only a few minutes, she had poked her head out through the top branches and glimpsed...

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2004, 12:14:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

Neshjullotere scoffed loudly after Ryldor's little cautionary spiel about Caradol. "We fear no one! The woods are our land, and the woods will speak with our wrath if we so will it!"

" ... As for my daggers, I'll be keeping them. If you're that worried about it, you can stay here while I go save the woods."

Neshjullotere responded with a cross look with an overtone of violence, he looked as if he was about to direct a blow towards Ryldor's head with the back of his hand, but at that very moment, he suddenly perked his head attentively towards the direction behind him. As Ryldor strained his ears to listen to what had caught Neshjullotere's attention, he could make out the odd shrill sound that sounded both like a whistle and a horn at the same time.

The sound abruptly ended after a brief moment, and Neshjullotere seemed to have forgotten about disarming Ryldor. Turning back towards Ryldor, his expression was grave, "The old mage must wait. We have been summoned. But it's best that you come along distant brother, it might be possible that the reason for our summoning is because of the old human."

Numerous figures suddenly emerged from the surrounding Larkentir clusters, and they moved swiftly, seemingly oblivious to Ryldor's presence, streaming towards the north in a single file. Neshjullotere looked at Ryldor, almost daring him to keep up with them with an arrogant glint in his eyes, "Make haste now!" and he proceeded to trail behind the others, with the nimble sure-footedness of a weathered ranger.

Your next posts will commence in the Whistle Brook Clearing thread. Wait for a post from me there addressed to you, Mina and Kiu, and then jump in with your post. :devilish

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2004, 02:57:22 AM »

The ratty crowd, led by the Ramblers, surrounded Yerun. They climbed on his legs and his arms and made the boy look quite funny. Normally, they would never trust someone who didn't have a pink tail, but their situation now was far from being normal.

Fuzzytail, of course, took place on Yerun's shoulder. He was getting quite good at sitting on people's shoulders. "So!" - said the mouse to the boy: "We have found you!"
"Don't you run away again! There are not-so-nice pointed-ears around!"

Then Fuzzytail looked at Evelaria.
No pointed ears on her.
Good.

-----
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2004, 03:58:22 AM »

@Eve, Cacunai & Fluffy:

((OOC: Nice post Fluffy! :lol ))

High atop her perch, Cacunai spotted Yerun's familiar skinny frame, along with a strange woman next to him whom she had never seen before. And of course, the pool of rats draped all over Yerun was pretty hard not to spot ...

Yerun's tear-streaked face broke out into a wide smile as the rats latched themselves all over him. Trying to stroke each in turn, he looked down at Fuzzytail atop his shoulder in gratitude and relief, "You found me!! I thought i would never see you again!!"

Yerun was a little surprised at the Kuatu that came bounding up excitedly towards Eve. What surprised Yerun even more was the look on Eve's face -- she said she knew the squirrel, and she seemed to understand what it was chittering about. Timidly, Yerun asked Eve, "M..Ma'am, y..you can u..under..der..stand animals?"

Glancing around too, Yerun noticed that Cacunai had not appeared behind the rats. He whispered to Fuzzytail, "Where is the nice elf lady??"

A loud crash suddenly sounded out right in front of where Yerun and Eve sat. What emerged before their eyes was the figure of rugged looking human male -- oddly enough with pointed ears -- hacking down a few branches of Larkentirs as he made his way into their sight. It was Thaetum. Gruffly, and with a visible attempt to hide his surprise, he mumbled out, "Well there you are, woman! And i'll be darned!! You got yourself a boy!"

As Thaetum strutted up towards both of them and gave Yerun a once-over, Yerun cowered slightly, almost bumping into Eve. Thaetum's expression softened. Yerun was in quite a wretched state. The rats were odd but ... he shrugged. Nothing quite shocked him anymore, not after all that he had gone through. And no, he wasn't going to admit that Eve was right about a child either. So he deftly changed the subject. "Well now, come along. Day's not getting any earlier. I don't think you want to be wandering among them stones when --"

Thaetum's brows suddenly locked tightly together in a deep frown without finishing his sentence. He put a finger to his lips to indicate that Eve and Yerun be quiet. Under his breath they could hear Thaetum mutterring, "Bloody elves all over us ..."

And then, with a swift turn, Thaetum hurled a small dagger at the tree that Cacunai was perched on, the pointed tip heading straight to the dead center of Cacunai's forehead.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2004, 08:16:22 PM »

Eve watched in pure disgust as the rats climbed atop Yerun's body, making him seem like a rat-man. She looked away; thinking about pulling out her sword and cutting the rats off of his body, but pushed the thought away.

"M..Ma'am, y..you can u..under..der..stand animals?"

Eve looked at the rat covered boy and smiled. "I'm an Eyelian, it is our natural ability to speak with the animals as though they were our kin," she said. Just then something caught her attention and caused the warrior to lean backwards and reach for her axes. She ran up towards the sound, with both blades drawn ready to attack.

"Well there you are, woman! And i'll be darned!! You got yourself a boy!"

That was not what Eve was expecting, "Oh, I didn't think I would be seeing you again Thaetum. So, will you listen to me the next time I hear a noise?"

"Well now, come along. Day's not getting any earlier. I don't think you want to be wandering among them stones when --"

Eve nodded, seeing as how Thaetum purposefully ignored her question. Eve saw him then freeze, whisper something she didn't catch and hurl a dagger at a tree. She still had her blades drawn and was ready to hack down anything that fell, or came towards her.  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2004, 04:52:22 AM »

"Where's the nice elf lady? Hm, good question," - thought Fuzzytail. Somehow, in the whole turmoil the rats completely forgot about Cacunai.
"Dunno," - he answered to the boy: "She must be somewhere around. I've seen her some minutes ago."

Seeing Thaetum's arrival Fuzzytail started to ponder. All these Big Ones didn't belong here, in the wood. Something was definitely going on, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to be a part of it.

-----
The ratty story

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2004, 01:29:22 PM »

Cacunai saw nothing as she gazed out across the waving carpet of the tops of the trees, with the sunlight layering the leaves like golden rain. Tiny yellow-and-green butterflies flitted here and there, and she smiled fondly. Turning carefully and slowly, her gaze landed on a spot where a break in the trees permitted a little sunlight to stream down and alight on the familiar form of Yerun and his ratty friends. So, she'd found them! With them was a slight woman, though she never saw Thaetum. She bent, preparing to call out to them, as gave a rather exaggerated start as a tiny dagger whistled past her cheek, inflicting a long, rather jagged gash. She hissed with surprise, like a cat, and her surprise quickly settled into anger. She growled deep in her throat (yeah, she's a bit of a freak), and narrowed her eyes. She would not descend to the ground, not yet, for it was always more difficult to shoot, and throw, upward than straight across. If her attacker climbed a tree as well, then she'd be in her element. Until then, she would not retaliate for fear of hitting someone who ought not to be hit. The pain throbbed briefly, but soon settled into the back of her mind. Cacunai swung over to the back side of her tree and shimmied down, landing softly on the carpet of dead leaves and loam. She took a moment to wipe away the trickle of blood, then strode boldly out into the open with an expression of pure fury on her face.

Whosoever shall fling another knife, shall go to his grave today. Now then.

She walked quickly over to Yerun and knelt in front of him, looking him over for a moment as if she were his mother. She flung an angry glare around the small, tree-less area until she located Thaetum. She snorted, figuring he was the one who had thrown the dagger. Cacunai turned back to the boy.

Yerun, where have you been?

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/7/04 8:15
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2004, 01:23:22 AM »

@Cacunai, Fluffy & Eve:

"I'm an Eyelian, it is our natural ability to speak with the animals as though they were our kin,"

Yerun's eyes welled up with glistening tears, seeming like he was about to cry again as he stared at Eve, "R..really? I..I..am an ... Eyelian ... too ..." He soaked in silence about this new revelation. It was another of his tribe! He could ... go home!! Go home and leave this bad place, go home to his people ... A smile crept up on Yerun's face, but it quickly died away again when he realized that he must first find out what happened to his parents.

"Dunno. She must be somewhere around. I've seen her some minutes ago." Yerun wondered if the Ramblers had ran away from Cacunai, or the other way around, but Thaetum's sudden hurl of a dagger towards a tree drew his attention away, and lo and behold, there emerged Cacunai, now with a streak of crimson right across a cheek, a menacing and murderous expression on her face. Whosoever shall fling another knife, shall go to his grave today. "Now then."

Her tone chilled Yerun. Thaetum took one quick glance at Cacunai, registered in his mind that she was an elf, and was about to retaliate with another dagger to her neck, when she approached Yerun and knelt down at Yerun. Thaetum stayed his hand, seeing that Yerun and Cacunai seem to knew each other, his brows furrowed dangerously.

The rats upon Yerun scrambled away chittering as Cacunai approached, with only Fuzzytail still perched regally atop his shoulder.  

"Yerun, where have you been?"

Shamed-faced, Yerun half whimpered, "I..I d..don't know ... g..got l..lost a..a..and th..they ... f..found me." He made weak gestures towards the rats and Eve besides him, and then hung down his head, "I..I.. I am s..s..sorry."

Seeing what unfolded between Cacunai and Yerun, Thaetum felt like he should step forth and apologize, but then decided that Cacunai should not have been hiding and sneaking around spying on them, so, with a snort to match Cacunai's, he gruffly spoke to the whole group, "Alright, well now, odd bunch aren't you all? I'll leave questions for later. Now, can we move on??" Turning around, he striding forward, and then turned back again with a brief pause, speaking an afterthought, "And the boy's not my responsibility, you hear? Cripes, what a crazy day! And those rats, keep them away from my boots boy, i don't see where i stomp." Muttering something to himself, Thaetum turned around again, knowing that whoever wanted to follow him would do so.

Yerun glanced hopefully at Eve, "H..He's taking us t..to th..the stones, right?" Scooping Fuzzytail into his hands, Yerun stroked Fuzzytail gently before slipping the rat into his jacket pocket, "The ... the others are coming, r..right?"

His last wide-eyed gaze was for Cacunai, "Y..You are c..coming too, right?"

Alrighty, post in this thread to wrap up for this thread, and then make a post each in The Ring of Stones thread, and we'll be moving along ;)

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2004, 04:02:22 AM »

Well, boy, I've lost my guide and I've lost my protection from the elves of the wood, so I suppose I'll have to [come].

She straightened, but made a point of ignoring Thaetum and speaking only to Yerun.

It is all right, Yerun, that you ran. I found you again, didn't I? And the rats found you too... after running from me....

She gave a short, sharp laugh that held no malice, accompanied by a small smile. Immediately after, she spun to face Thaetum and narrowed her eyes. She would have to watch him, and if he attacked again, well, he'd see the power of belle morte....

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/7/04 20:04
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2004, 06:52:22 PM »

Evelaria smiled at Yerun's face lighting up. She hoped that he didn't want her to take him home to Vezash or anything. Her parents had been thrown out because of some crazy beliefs that a burning tree would invoke the wrath of Ava'. Eve wasn't from the Eyelian clans territory, nor did she claim it. She was a Mullog. "It is good to see another Eyelian...we aren't too far away from...well...you know, the others."

"Alright, well now, odd bunch aren't you all? I'll leave questions for later. Now, can we move on?? And the boy's not my responsibility, you hear? Cripes, what a crazy day! And those rats, keep them away from my boots boy, i don't see where i stomp."

Eve laughed and then rolled her eyes. "Yes, we can move on...just be patient."

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2004, 05:59:22 AM »

"If the others are coming? Uh... guess so," - answered Fuzzytail to the boy: "We don't have much choice, you know. We're lost here. The woods are just too big for us to find the way out. 'Till now we hoped you'd lead us away from here."

The ratty troupe gathered close to Yerun and followed the Ramblers who followed the boy who followed Cacunai and Eve who followed Thaetum. Fuzzytail, sitting in Yerun's warm pocket again, wondered if Thaetum was following someone else. Oddly enough, the man seemed to know the way.

-----
The ratty story

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]