* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shivering Woods  (Read 37867 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 08:51:22 AM »

@Eve:

"Look, yeah, I am the Acorn Lady, now listen. If you help me find an empty spot in this forest near some huge stone pillars I will give you more acorns. How about it?"

At the mention of "more acorns", all the Kuatus became visibly excited. The Kuatu in Eve's graps wriggled forcefully, "Yes! Yes! Big ... stone ... big ... stone ..."

Another Kuatu lept up and down spiritedly in front Eve, "Yes .. big ... stone ... we ... know ... we know!"

Eve let go of the Kuatu in her grasp, it landed gracefully on the ground, "Acorn Lady ... follow!"

The three Kuatus then seemingly converged together in a huddle, and chittered fiercely among themselves, and then suddenly, all three shot off and scampered towards a different direction -- all of them heading in the general direction of SouthWest, but in a clearly separated three-pronged way. As all three Kuatus disappeared into the woods, each of them could be heard chittering, "Follow! Follow! Follow ..."



Right ... state whether you proceed to follow Kuatu #1, #2 or #3. It doesn't matter how each one is differentiated, it's just for my reference, and also indirectly choosing what comes up for your character as well ;)



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 09:02:22 AM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

The sounds continued, growing in intensity and volume, "Who!! Whoo!! Whoo!! WHOOO!!!"

It continued as Cacunai carefully made her way to a dense cluster of Larkentirs hugging tightly at each other. As Cacunai turned back towards the now nervously scritching and pawing rats, suddenly, a feathery object brushed by the side of Cacunai's face at high speed. As Cacunai regained her composure, she realized that it was a large wood owl that had flown out of the dense cluster of Larkentirs.

It was too late though. Out of two other different directions flew out two more wood owls, and both swept down at the panicking and scattering congregation of rats, each of them managing to sweep up two unfortunate rodents in their claws, disappearing into the ominous rows of Larkentirs once more.

The third one was swiftly heading straight for a shocked and stunned Smuggles.  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 207


« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2004, 05:41:22 AM »

Smuggles stood motionless, not believing her eyes. Owls were not supposed to be awake during the day. Every rat and mice knew that, it was one of the lessons they had to learn in order to survive.

Smuggles looked at the owl that was about to snap her. "Owls sleep during the day!" - she thought: "Owls sleep during the day! Owls sleep during the day!!!"

Sparky made his way through the panicking rats to save his Smuggles. He ran, dodging those who got in his way and squeaking angrily. As he was few steps away from her, the shadow of the owl appeared on the ground. "Get down!" - he shouted and sprang to push Smuggles aside.


-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Logged
Evelaria
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 128


« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2004, 09:39:22 AM »

Eve sighed as each of the Kuatu's ran off along a different trail. They were probably faster than her so she didn't have much time to sit around and choose. They had all ran off in the same direction so she didn't think she could go wrong. Eve placed her axes back in their latches and ran off following the one she had held in her hands earlier.

"Don't go so fast!" she shouted.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2004, 12:40:22 AM »

@Eve:

"Don't go so fast!"

Rushing blindly amongst the Larkentirs in order to try to keep up with the speeding Kuatu. The scurrying Kuatu found it comical for some reason, that a human was lumbering after it in a frantic fashion, and made little spurts of encouraging chitters to "cheer" Eve along.

It must have been several Peds as Eve sped along on the trail of the Kuatu, who cheekily stopped briefly ever so often to allow Eve to catch up, and then zipped off again, leading Eve forward, finding it of the greatest amusement.

That was until Eve suddenly heard what sounded like a shapr instrument slicing the air and then a sharp yelp. As Eve skidded to a halt, she saw the body of the mischievious Kuatu staked to the ground with an arrow that reminded her of the arrows that flew at her and Helli the night before.

It was deathly silent all around her, except for the ever present rustling of the Larkentirs. If there was the presence of another or others around, Eve couldn't hear, nor see it.

Something in the air had changed though, but Eve could not put a precise finger on what that was. It felt like Eve had arrived close to something ... and it was too close for comfort for someone ... or something. It was apparent that the archer's aim was quite accurate. If he or she or it could hit a small, fast-moving target like a hyperactive Kuatu, it naturally would not be a problem to hit Eve while she was stumbling through the woods. But apparently that did not happen. Perhaps this was a good time for Eve to turn back, or ... take her chances and venture further, perhaps trying to hail her hidden watchers.



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/6/04 18:24
Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2004, 03:38:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

((OOC: Right Nai, i'll puppet you a little to get the plot moving ...))

The owl's menacing yellow eyes glinted hungrily at a stunned Smuggles, feeling smug of joining its companions in the branches with its own rat meal very soon. It watched another rat -- Sparky -- bounding towards Smuggles as it simultaneously swooped down, it's talons flexing for the kill.

Sparky's forceful push sent Smuggles tumbling aside, but Sparky himself was now merely a nailsbreadth from the swooping talons hovering right at its whiskers ... Sparky closed his eyes, preparing for the inevitable.

And then a loud deafening shriek rang out in front of Sparky, followed by a dusty thud and the scrambling of pattering feet and a fearful chorus of scritches.

As Sparky nervously opened his eyes, he saw the owl now crashed onto the ground, twitching in pain, one of Cacunai's darts embedded in its body.

Cacunai stepped up towards the shuddering rats, now noisily excited (probably because of being grateful for not having become a meal as two of their comrades had), "Well come on now ..." She shrugged and tried to convey sympathy, "I'm sorry about the other rats ... but we should get moving ... which direction now? I don't like these woods. Moving targets are harder targets."



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2004, 04:07:22 AM »

@Mina & Kiushapo:

((OOC: Right Kiu, a little puppeting of you as well to get the plot moving before Mina fries my hair off ;) ))

The air started to get tense, crackling faintly with magic. Elric was still choking desparately for air, clawing at his throat now, and Kiushapo groaned inwardly, not wishing to either be choked, or hit by whatever the two mages were going to send out against each other. Mina looked extremely impressive with the wind billowing slightly around her at her command, and Kiushapo rejoiced at the fact that he had picked a capable ally, hoping that he lived past this day to rejoice further.

"Why do you fear the prince so? Are you perhaps the one who caused the princess' disappearance? In any case, Elric works under Lieutenant Dorrum, not the prince. Now, release him."

A sign of surprise crossed the old man's face, "Dorrum?" But he subsequently lowered his hand, and Elric collapsed in relief to the ground, sucking in deep breaths of blessed air as Kiushapo knelt down to make sure Elric was alright, as he looked up towards Mina and the old man to reaffirm Mina's words, "She is being telling the truth. We are aiding Lieutanent Dorrum."

The old man set his staff firmly on the ground. The hostility in his expression receeded somewhat, but he was still wary as he spoke to Mina, "I have no time to waste, young mage. I have no part in the Princess' disappearance, but I may never see her safe return if i am obstructed now!" He cast another wary glance at the trio, "You do not know what you are dealing with. Head back now! You are in grave danger! You must stop the Prince from entering the woods, not get lost within the woods yourselves! How can you --" He glimpsed at Kiushapo, " -- mercenaries, and a naive --" He look towards a still gasping Elric, "-- boy, know the scale of what is going on!" Anger now swept across the old man's face, "The Prince does not want to see the return of the Princess!"








Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 2099



« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2004, 05:48:22 AM »

Mina lowered her arm as well, glad that there was no need to throw lightning bolts at the old man.  Things might have gotten very bad if a fight had broken out, especially if Caradol was an archmage or something.  And he certainly looked old enough to be one.  

"The Prince does not want to see the return of the Princess!"

"Why would the prince not want to see his sister's return?  Are you saying that he caused the princess' disappearance?  And what reason might he have for doing such a thing? " Mina asked, puzzled, and still a little suspicious of Caradol.  "And if that is indeed the case, how are we to stop him?  We cannot possibly take on his guards by ourselves."  


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Logged

Evelaria
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 128


« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2004, 05:58:22 AM »

Eve jumped upon hearing the animal's shrill cry and she turned around, stopped dead in her tracks to see who was the culprit. Her beaded braids flew in her face as her body came to a screeching halt. Keen eyes searched through the darkness, finding nothing but trees  which seemed evil enough to do such an act, but they had no weapons to carry out this task.

Instinctly Eve lifted her axes and held them close to her chest. Closing her eyes her clerical powers slowly took control enhancing the woman's senses and her agility and even her strength. She opened her now darkened eyes to the dark forest and slowly took a step forward, lifting the arrow from the Kuatu's body. She looked at the arrow, inspecting it. This was not the arrow of a barbarian person; it seemed to highly specialized for what she knew of these elves. But then again, Thaetum had told her that they were not barbaric. Where was Thaetum?

Eve's eyes trailed from the arrow to the trail before her. She would continue; this was not going to sway her path. Taking a few steps forward the woman continued...

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2004, 01:00:22 PM »

An eerie silence cloaked the woods in gloom. Thaetum was no where to be seen.

With cautious steps, Eve continued her steps forward. Awashed with the strength of heightened senses blessed by her Mullog God, the rustling gew louder in Eve's ears, but Eve also could, ever so faintly, hear sounds that were distinctly not of any form of rustling or animal cry.

Those sounds were all around her, as if there were numerous beings or figures steathily skulking around her, but they made no announcement of their presence in anyway, as if they were watching her, waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

But perhaps Eve could strike first.  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Evelaria
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 128


« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2004, 11:09:22 PM »

The sounds continued to grow in the warrior's ears. There was nothing she could do to get them to stop. She tried to make out the sounds; footsteps. The soft footsteps of a warrior or a group of warriors who were not new to this kind of hunt. Eve then heard a new sound, as though someone was breathing near her. She turned around swiftly, but her eyes caught sight of nothing. She raised one of her axes in front of her face to deflect any arrows that would come her way; and kept the other down at her side.

She didn't know what was going on. But she knew that this was not just some kind of animal or that it was no human. It had to be the elves; only they were gifted to be so smooth in their movements. Eve had dodged their arrows before; she could do it again. She continued to walk, turning every now and then to see if anything was behind her.

The silence was defeaning to Eve, she couldn't take it any longer. "Show yourself and face me like a true warrior. Only cowards who fear death lurk in the shadows!"  

Logged
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 207


« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2004, 01:33:22 AM »

"And so our march begins..." - thought Manymeals with sorrow: "Why have I agreed to lead them? Why? It's my fault four of them are dead now." He turned around and approached Fuzzytail. "Tell the Big One, we go on South-East. That's the way..." - he said in a low voice.

"So you think whatever paradise we seek is worth it? Worth all the the deaths?" - Manymeals asked  SmoothFur a bit later: "Was your life with the bear and that strange witch so bad?


-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2004, 02:14:22 AM »

@Eve:

"Show yourself and face me like a true warrior. Only cowards who fear death lurk in the shadows!"

Silence filled the air. Even the faint sounds of movement had ceased. Eve was about to shout out once more, when the deliberate cracking of a twig could be heard, as if someone was stepping on a branch for the express purpose of announcing their presence in a sinister manner.

And then a raspy, sharp male voice sounded out from the cluster of Larkentirs, apparently directed towards Eve, "And those who lurk in the shadows deliver death to those who don't!" The voice sounded eeriely disembodied, and Eve could not quite make out a figure which the voice belonged to in front of her.

"Leave the woods now human! We do not want your dishonourable kind in the woods of our home! Turn back now, for one more step forth will bring you death like so many others!"

The voice was laced with a heavy accent, but the words rang clear and loud. It was evident that the speaker intended to fulfill every word of his threat.



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2004, 05:04:22 AM »

OOC: Fwee! Good choice of action Khi!

IC:

The elf followed the rodents' directions, turning Southeast as they indicated. She wondered what she would find in these woods. Probably some foe or other, definitely not the princess, she'd have to get through rather a lot of trouble before the princess appeared. Then of course the princess may not even want to leave... ah, what a delightful tangle this had all become.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2004, 12:05:22 PM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

The general mood was grim and morose with the flighted demise of four rats. Still, the rats plowed on, after suitably dismembering the twitching body of the one fell owl in ... an agonizing way.

And so the rats marched on, with a wary Cacunai trailing closely behind, and a slouching (quite an odd sight for a rat to slouch, really, with some rat experts terming it alternatively as "Propped Bottom Display") Manymeals "leading" the pack.

"So you think whatever paradise we seek is worth it? Worth all the the deaths? Was your life with the bear and that strange witch so bad?"

SmoothFur looked at Manymeals in astonishment. "But Great One, there is no glory without sacrifice!" SmoothFur proclaimed with much conviction. It clearly signalled the beginnings of a religious declamation with much fervour and gusto, "The crazy woman was nice to us, the bear was afraid of us, but our true place is with --"

The loud groans of a figure coming visibly into the view of Cacunai and the rats interrupted SmoothFur's little speech. It was a young man with dishevelled dark brown hair and a grimy face. Certain parts of his sleeves and breeches were torn and tattered. He seemed to be rolling on the ground in pain, an arrow was lodged bloodily in his shoulder blades. The wounded young man cried out loudly, hysterically even, "No! Go away! Go away you foul beasts!! NO!!"  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 22
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx