Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shivering Woods  (Read 38390 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2004, 09:01:22 AM »

@Eve:

"They? Who is they? You speak to me as though I am the same as the others. Not all humans are hateful and evil. We are capable of love, capable of care, capable of giving life. I have not come here to destroy your home, or to exploit your people. I come here seeking a simple answer to a tragic mystery,"

Thaetum thought that Eve was quite insane. Here she was given a chance to just walk away and she had to speak up defiantly to those who held her life at its teetering edge.

The elf glared back at Eve. He spoke before Thaetum could drag Eve away curtly to one side. "Tragic? Mystery? Ah, you speak of the unfortunate human child!" He laughed. A chilling, raspy sound. "Greedy you are, you humans, mercenaries, all of you!" He started to step forward menacingly, an arm reaching behind into his quiver of arrows, when another voice -- aged and firm -- rang out behind him, "Let her be. The half-elf Thaetum speaks for her. We shall trust him, for he keeps his word."

The tall gangly elf was displeased by this, gave one last piercing glower at Eve, and stepped back reluctantly, "We will be watching ... human." amazingly blending among the Larkentirs and vanishing in an instant.

Now a visibly upset and cranky Thaetum faced Eve, "Fool of a woman, you got lucky!" He spat on the ground, and cocked his head to look at Eve in a resigned manner, "I s'ppose you are not leaving the woods no matter what. What is this damnated place that you are looking for in the woods again?"  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2004, 09:10:22 AM »

Manymeals just stood in a kind of inner trance and watched how SmoothFur moved in front of the human's feet until he felt a prod from Sparky: "Come on, save her. Or else will sacrifice herself for the glory of her people. What a foolish skrrrk!" - said the leader of the pack.

Manymeals ran to SmoothFur, took her by the paw and pulled away from the human and the elven woman: "Don't you ever try to do that again!"  - he shouted at her:  Did you think you'll be a hero or something?!"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2004, 01:00:22 PM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

((OOC: Gah ... i keep looking and fawning at Fluffy's avatar ... kxxxkxxxkxxxkxxxkxxx ...))

Cacunai throttled out, with the young man's hands clenching her throat, "Do I look like an elf of evil?!"

What the young man heard though, in his crazed state of mind was, "I will kill you, human!" Which, spurred him on to grapple Cacunai's neck even harder, until a sudden plunge of Cacunai's dagger into his thigh made him howl in pain and arch backwards, freeing Cacunai who scrambled hastily to her feet.

Suddenly, the young man's body stiffened, and then he collapsed face down onto the forest ground. He was dead. An arrow stuck ominously out of his back.

A loud rustling was heard, and before Cacunai even knew it, a figure had appeared by her side. It was the figure of an apparent male elf, only slightly taller than Cacunai, an ornate bow and arrow in hand. Were it not for the odd silvery sheen on his face and a pair of deep, twinkling violet eyes, he would have seen like any other elf.

He eyed the startled Cacunai with a smirk, his voice rang out sounding youthful but with a chilling hollow edge to it, "Wretched humans, isn't it so?"

Meanwhile, an irate SmoothFur was rebuking Manymeal's gallant but unfortunately unappreciated effort in her rescue, sqhitching back (that's rat-shouting), "Great One! Why did you stop me! Sacrifice can only --" She paused in mid-sentence, as the male elf seemingly appeared out of thin air besides Cacunai. SmoothFur noticed his gleaming violet eyes, and started to tremble in excitement, and then proceeded to sqitched out loudly to the confused congregation of rats, "It is the Guardian Big Ones! They have come! They have come! The Prophecy is true! We must all gather in worship!"

The other rats looked around in puzzlement amongst each other, especially at Manymeals, awaiting a direction or command.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2004, 03:52:22 PM »

"Tragic? Mystery? Ah, you speak of the unfortunate human child!"

The elf's laugh chilled Eve's bones and caused her to grimace. The unfortunate human child? So, he did know something of it. When the elf prepared to attack Eve she did not budge. She would stand firm, she had come here seeking something...she wouldn't turn back now. Then the voice came, it actually was a relief to the warrior. She didn't know if the other elf would truly kill her or was just threatening her.

"I s'ppose you are not leaving the woods no matter what. What is this damnated place that you are looking for in the woods again?"

Eve sighed and looked up at Thaetum. "I was seeking the Sorcerer's Stones where the sorcerers of the Silver Hand tried to seek immortality. But now my path has changed. I wish to seek out the truth behind the disappearance of this young girl...Princess Nalaere."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2004, 02:23:22 AM »

@Mina & Kiushapo:

Elric swung his sword and amazingly deflected the approaching arrows with clean strikes. For someone incredibly clumsy and under-coordinated with everything else, Elric seemed to be quite a wonder with a sword in hand.

His face still flushed with choking, Elric got back up on his feet and surveyed his surroundings cautiously, and thankfully, the rain of arrows seemed to have ceased, but there was a strange sense of the presence of others ... even though Elric could detect no other visible figures besides them. He caught sight of Kiushapo ducking from tree to tree. No! Elric grimaced within himself. Didn't i tell them to stay close to one another?? This is bad. He was relieved that at least Mina was still close by, but now they had a wounded old mage with them. Elric stood and brandished his sword uncertainly, not knowing who or what to aim for. He started motioning for Kiushapo to make his way back to Mina and himself.

As Kiushapo started to step forward, he suddenly felt the cold edge of sharp steel pressed against his throat. And then a sweet but chillling female voice rang out threateningly, with a strange accent, "My Yilthrem! Return it to me!"

Elric saw a dark, slim figure appear in a flash and held Kiushapo at knife point, and attempted to rush to his aid, but loud rustling was heard, and a blur of figures -- about 10 visible figures -- suddenly appeared surrounding the trio and Caradol, arrows notched and aimed. It had became apparent that the trio could defend themselves. More "straightforward" measures were thus needed. They were all clad in the garb of woodland rangers, and were unmistakably tall and slim elves. Their faces had an odd silvery sheen of coating, and their eyes were of deep, glinting violet.

Caradol had winced when Mina reached for the arrow in his shoulder. but before Mina could attempt to do anything with it, suddenly three more tall figures had aimed the sharp points of notched arrows at close range at the two magi.

Caradol muttered under his breath in pain at Mina, in answer to her question, "Because, foolish young one, if the Princess is alive she needs to be saved!"

The female voice behind Kiushapo sounded out harshly, "Silence!" and silence was enforced by the sharp tips of aimed arrows. She demanded angrily at Kiushapo once more, "My Yilthrem! Return it to me!"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/13/04 18:29
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2004, 03:44:22 AM »

@Eve:

((OOC: A little puppeting of Eve to save an extra post from you ...))

"I was seeking the Sorcerer's Stones where the sorcerers of the Silver Hand tried to seek immortality. But now my path has changed. I wish to seek out the truth behind the disappearance of this young girl...Princess Nalaere."

Thaetum scoffed. "I've been searching years! I've scoured every inch of these bloody woods, and the only place i haven't ... didn't want to get anywhere close to were those creepy stones ..." He shrugged. "I can tell you that you won't be finding the Princess for the next 10 years going through these woods! I s'ppose i have no choice but to head to them stones. Come along now ... before it gets dark." Thaetum turned and headed forward. Something told him that Eve would follow.

As Eve turned to trail after Thaetum, the elf that had appeared and then retreated into the Larkentirs growled to himself. And then, let fly an almost silent arrow towards Eve.

The arrow sliced through the air, heading straight for Eve's right shoulder.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2004, 10:29:22 AM »

It is so.

Difficult as it was, Cacunai managed to conceal her surprise at the sudden appearance of a fellow elf - yet he was not her fellow. This was an elf who knew not the concept of fear. This was a dark elf of the Shivering Woods... the logicist in Cacunai prodded her sharply. Don't assume that. The rest of her snorted. Can't you ever let us take a chance?
No, logicist-Cacunai replied stubbornly.

Cacunai cocked her head and gazed, intrigued, at the newcomer. There were people here, and they would know where the princess was. But did the princess matter anymore?

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2004, 11:18:22 PM »

"Guardians?! Worship!?" - shouted Manymeals losing his temper: "Look at these arrows! They have shot at us before! They tried to kill us!" - his voice got so thin and loud that everyone in a mile radius could hear it: "Shouldn't we rather run away, huh?! What does your prophecy say about that?!

Manymeals pointed with his hand at the rats who gathered around them: "It's your people, do you want them all to be dead?! Stew for those Biggies?! Skrrrchk! The paradise is of no use if there's noone left to live in it!"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2004, 07:54:22 AM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

The chittering of the rats suddenly turned into a heavy blanket of stunned silence. Their Great Mouphet had spoken, and he was angry. SmoothFur was speechless as well, her pure white fur looking a little ruffled as her whiskers twitched in utter confusion.

The male elf sauntered leisurely to the now dead young man, pulled the impaled arrow out of back of the body, and tossed it to the side non-chalantly. He then turned and looked at Cacunai and the  congregation of stunned rats like furry miniature statues that surrounded her, his eyes lingering a little longer on the particular rat that had squeaked in an extremely high-pitched and antagonized screech.

He glanced towards Cacunai, his violet eyes flashing, "And the purpose of you stumbling about in our woods with a pack of rats trailing is --?"

And then, with Manymeals still huffing and puffing in a temper, the male elf reached down and scooped Manymeals gently into a palm, bringing Manymeals close towards his face, and staring down upon the puzzled and panicking rat, "And what ails you, my ... squeaking friend?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/15/04 0:17
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2004, 11:28:22 AM »

As he was making his way back to Elric's side, Kiushapo suddenly found himself with a dagger to his throat. Even before she spoke, the body pressed against him told him it was a woman. After she spoke, he couldn't help but be curious as to who she was.

A little pre-occupied with trying not to breath too deeply, her insistent question was lost to him the first time.

"My Yilthrem! Return it to me!"

Turning his head slightly, he tried to make his voice smooth and calming, "Yilthrem? I am afraid I have never been hearing of this thing. You will have to be explaining what it is looking like, or what it is being. And maybe you could be letting me go as well, as much as I am enjoying this, I am thinking there are being easier ways of getting to be knowing each other."

He hoped she had a sense of humor, beheaded wasn't a look he thought he would enjoy.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2004, 02:35:22 PM »

The rat cannot speak. Unless you understand the ways of the wild?

She gestured leisurely to the rat with a hand, while keeping the other near her blowpipe. Just because he had not attacked yet, did not mean the elf would not. She suspected her chances were better because she was alone and an elf, but could not afford to hinge her safety on that alone. Ah, but how to answer his question regarding her purpose? To tell the truth... aye. The odds were better. Besides - she may need to keep relations good with the elves of the forest.

I search for the lost princess, as so many others. The rats... well, I'm not actually sure why they're here.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2004, 03:18:22 PM »

Before Mina could do anything with the arrow, she found herself surrounded by a large group of elves.  The elves were unlike any she had seen before---tall, slim, with violet eyes not unlike those of a Xiamx cat and a strange silvery sheen on their faces.  And one of them was holding a blade at Kiushapo's throat.  

"My Yilthrem! Return it to me!"

Yilthrem?  What does she mean?  And why would we have anything that belongs to her?  We...wait a minute...

"Yilthrem?  You mean this?" Mina raised her hand slightly.  Her bag opened, and the strange piece of bark they had found earlier in the day floated into the air, slowly drifting towards the female elf.  

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2004, 02:09:22 AM »

@Mina & Kiushapo:

The woman behind Kiushapo was not the least bit humoured by his words. She found it mocking, and rewarded the blonde elf with a harder press of her blade. Her voice seemed a little panicky at this point, "My Yilthrem! What have you done with it? I must have it back!" as she hissed menacingly.

As the trio got a closer look at the elves that had surrounded them, they realized that all the elves were female. Their rugged and heavy ranger garbs concealed feminine features well, and their physical characteristics seem to be more on the masculine side, but it was no mistake, that they were surrounded by a group of seemingly vicious female elves.

"Yilthrem? You mean this?"

There seemed to be the anticipatory swallow of breath around them as Mina spoke, and a piece of bark started floating in mid-air, slowly, towards a captive Kiushapo.

The female voice sounded out loudly, laced heavily with a mixture of concern and relief, "My Yilthrem!" There was a rustling behind Kiushapo, and then two more female elves stepped foward from behind their hiding place among the Larkentirs. The female voice sounded out again, and this time it was a direct order, "Hand it to them!" Meaning the two elves that had just revealed themselves.

Right at that moment Elric shouted out, "No! Don't! They will kill us all after they have gotten it! Don't you see???"  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2004, 02:32:22 AM »

Eve followed behind Thaetum, careful to watch her steps when her ears picked up the slightest sound...it sounded as though something was whistling through the air. And something was...that something turned out to be an arrow. The arrow didn't hit Eve directly in her shoulder, it scathed her right shoulder because she had happened to dodge it a bit. The force from the arrow knocked her off balance and to the ground as she felt the deep cut in her shoulder. It was beginning to bleed, and blood was not something Eve liked. She grabbed her shoulder, applying as much pressure as she could, and tore a piece of cloth from her shirt off and tied it around her wound tightly.

Her eyes immediately began to dart around for her attacker. She had a feeling that it was the elf who was reluctant to allow them to pass, but she couldn't be sure. There were so many of these dark elves within these parts. Eve looked towards Thaetum quickly to see if he was alright.  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2004, 05:50:22 AM »

As the tall elf picked him up, Manymeasl puffed up his fur and chittered as dangerously as he could. "What ails me?! You! You! You shot at us! You're going to eat us!" - screamed the rat inside.

In the mean time Fuzzytail, who thought that the situaten requires a bit of his control, climbed up Cacunai's leg, then Cacunai's back until he was finally sitting on the elven woman's shoulder. Using it as a tribune, he spoke: "We are on a mission here - to find the great ratty paradise in the heart of these woods! - Fuzzytail took a pose he thought to be appropriate for a great leader. Then he continued a bit quietly: "And of course there is a little boy (though "little" I only use in comparison with the others of his kind, not my humble self or the fellow rats) who got lost somewhere here. Though "lost" may also be not quite correct, because he might very well have known where he was going to when he ran away from us. Though "us" isn't really the right word... anyway, have you seen him?"

-----
Squee! Squee!
The rat story

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]