* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shivering Woods  (Read 37720 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2004, 06:48:22 AM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

((OOC: Alrighty Fluffy, from this point on until further notice, i'm giving you control of your whole Ratty entourage -- 26 devout and confused rat followers in total ;)   You can control their actions in coordination with what the Ramblers do. Have fun :biggrin  ))

"The boy. If the princess has survived in here for seven years, she can wait a few more hours."

Shartrelyend pursed his lips slightly, and patted Fuzzytail's head which was craning out of his vest pocket with a finger. "Very well then, we shall embark on the boy's trail." He gestured non-chalantly with a flamboyant wave towards the direction straight in front of him. "You should walk before me, sorceress kin, my companions are ... not too kindly with intrusions into our woods, i shall ... 'watch your back' as the humans are fond of saying." He chuckled merrily, as if they were about to leave for a leisurely stroll in the woods, "Follow my directions!"

((OOC: Alrighty Nai. Your next post should narrate briefly about walking around in the woods following Shartrelyend's directions, until you come upon right smack in the middle of Kiu and Mina's potentially fatal confusion with the elves. Remember the things that i posted in my last post to Mina and Kiu are all happening simultaneously, and Cacunai will be walking right into the middle of it happening, and would be caught in the crossfire (if shooting breaks out). Shartrelyend is behind Nai, and we'll assume that all the rats except Fuzzytail are either in front of Nai or right where Nai is, so both Nai and Fluffy will be entering into the situation at the same time ... have fun :devilish

Edited to add: I see Kiu has brought about a "situation" ... more the better to respond to hehehe ;) ))



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/18/04 23:25
Logged
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 289


Elf


« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2004, 08:05:22 AM »

Slipping the edge of his boot under the dagger, Kiushapo kicked it up into his hands and twirled around, taking the woman into his arms and placing the blade at her throat, his free arm wrapped around her waist to pin her arms to her sides.

Yelling out, he began backing himself towards a tree, a hostage was no good if he got himself killed from behind.

"Hold! Or I am not liking what I might have to do!"

Now that he could see his captor's face, he wished they could have met under better circumstances, but maybe he could convince her to join him for a drink later. Speaking softly to her, again in styrash, he tried to make his voice firm yet soothing.

"Keep still and don't try to fight. As long as you don't make me have to use this dagger, I think we can both get away from this happy. All we want is to find the human princess. The Yilthrem is yours, as soon as you call off your guards.

Taking a breath, he smiled at her "On a lighter note, I'm willing to forget all about this whole incident if you join me for a drink one of these days. I know an excellent inn in town."


Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Logged

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2004, 09:24:22 AM »

You do that, Shartrelyend. You do that.

The 'sorceress' set off, following the sweep of his hand, muttering to herself. At least this way, she would not be stabbed in the back. Well, not by an unknown force anyway. Cacunai walked a twisted path through the forest, following Shartrelyend's instructions, keeping one eye on the trail ahead and one on the mouse, and the one rat she had recognized as part of the original troupe. She had no clue which one it was, though. After oh, about five, ten minutes, they emerged from the dense trees (still shuddering about annoyingly) into a clearing where several, mostly deadly, things were happening at once. By instinct, the moment Cacunai saw that she had stumbled onto a private fray, she stepped back hurridly and crossed her arms loosely in front of her chest (note: not over, just in front of). A second later, as Kiu was beginning his snatch for the knife, she turned and melted back into the trees, with one of her daggers immediately in her hand and brought up to face action. She did not bother to check if she had been noticed, or targeted, first things first.

Did you know this was happening here, O distant kin of mine? Speak!

If this was Shartrelyend's work, oh, sparks would fly!

Logged
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 616



« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2004, 04:04:22 AM »

Ryldor paced back and forth in front of the six men the Prince had given him to find Caradol. He pretended to be surveying the squad while he contemplated the two offers.

The Prince's request was simple, in theory. Bring back Caradol. Ignoring the fact that he had no idea how to find the mage, Ryldor had no clue how to capture someone who was undoubtedly more powerful. These six won't be enough to take him. I can't do it on my own. Will the Prince reward me, and if so, how? A frown appeared on the elf's face. I'd be delivering Caradol to his death. Can I live with that?

Arialle's request had it's own problems. Finding Caradol and warning him off would certainly be easier than capturing him, although the six guards might be a little trouble. The Prince, however, would certainly not be happy about it. Ryldor was used to being on the run, but this might be different. Do I really want the Prince as an enemy? Is this really any of my business? Do I want to forgo what make be a King's, um, Prince's ransom over some girl I never met?

Ryldor sighed inwardly. Four hours. Less now. We better get moving. But first, I'd better make sure these guys don't get in the way. He turned to the troops and spoke. "Gentlemen, I'm sure you know our… mission here. It's going to be tough to do in such a short time frame, but I'm sure the Prince wouldn't have chosen you if you weren't very good at your jobs. One thing before we go. I'm in charge. You will follow my orders quickly and without question. I do not say this because I am arrogant… though I am. I say this for your protection. If I need to cast a spell, I won’t have time to tell you twice, and I don't want you turned into a tarep by accident. Got that? Quickly and without question."

He turned towards the forest and cast Spectral Sight, hoping to get lucky. "Let's go," he said over his shoulder as he entered the woods.

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

Logged

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 207


« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2004, 04:57:22 AM »

The group of rats led by Manymeals followed two elves. The bushes and mosses on the ground were getting denser, making it hard to run fast. The rats stopped talking to eachother and concentrated on overcoming the obstacles. Some minutes had passed when they reached a clearing in the middle of the forest. Rejoiced by the sight, the rats hurried to get into the light out of the shadows under the trees. They didn't notice that they had left both elves behind. They also didn't notice that the clearing wasn't empty.

And so, with the full speed, the rats emerged from the dark and stopped in the middle of the clearing. Only then they saw the tall figures around them. Simultaneously they all started squeaking and scattered all over the place in panic.


-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2004, 01:14:22 PM »

@Cacunai, Fluffy, Mina & Kiushapo:

Shartrelyend almost plummeted into Cacunai's retreating figure as he strode forward, not expecting a sudden backing up from Cacunai.

"Did you know this was happening here, O distant kin of mine? Speak!"

Shatrelyend raised his brows suspiciously as he heard the ensuing commotion ahead of him, "Whatever is the matter, perturbed one?!" Brushing Cacunai aside tersely, he stepped forth and took in the commotion, and a chuckle escaped from his lips, "Ah ... my sister seems to be occupying herself in her usual way." He stood there with hands crossed over his chest, a snicker on his face.

Meanwhile, the ensuing commotion that was laid out in front of Shartrelyend and Cacunai proceeded in some manner of unfolding chaotic orderliness:

"Hold! Or I am not liking what I might have to do!"

A collective gasp ensued from the surrounding archers at Kiushapo's sudden action and declaration. Now they were uncertain about their next course of action. A stream of squeaking and sqritching rats that suddenly entered the scene caused some of the archers to hop around to dodge the furry wave, causing them to lose their trained eyes on their targets.

Elric had ploughed straight into two of the elven archers, knocking them out with the hilt of his sword in a quick, clean maneuvoure.

A strange chill suddenly filled the air, and the remaining archers suddenly found themselves staring blankly ahead of them in some kind of trance. Besides Mina, a weakened Caradol muttered in pain, "I ... won't be able to ... sustain the spell for much longer ... it's best ... we leave ..." and attempted to get back on his feet.

Elric glanced towards Kiushapo and shouted out in an urgent tone, "Knock her out!! Everyone!! To the East!! Run to the East!! Hurry!! NOW!!!"

The female elf that Kiushapo held captive widened her eyes at disbelief and alarm as she saw what was happening all around her. She found Kiushapo's words to her taunting, and went livid with rage. The Yilthrem still floated in mid-air amidst all the chaos, if she could just make a dash for it ...




((OOC:

Mina: State what you do with the Yilthrem, and whether you help Caradol or not. Then, if you decide to stay behind, continue posting your subsequent actions. If you decide to follow Elric's instructions and make a run for it, post in the Whistlebrook Clearing thread.

Kiu: The ball's in your court ;)

Nai: Be creative *GRIN*

Fluffy: You can split up the rats and have the majority follow Elric/Mina, while Fuzzytail is left behind, or stay behind ... be creative ;)



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2004, 04:11:22 PM »

Well, the little party happening out there could not be helped by Cacunai getting involved. With a slight look of annoyance to Shartrelyend, she retreated until her back was against a large tree, leaned back, and waited for the fray to end. Anyway, if those who were not elves of the wood were put out of comission, the path to the princess and the reward would be clearer. Maintaining a good relationship with the Wood elves was more important to Cacunai than taking on a band of them to save those who were competition.

Moodily, but quickly, she retrieved a small bottle from the inside of her cloak and uncorked it with a soft pop. She poured a small amount of the liquid inside into the palm of her hand and rubbed it into the area in her hair where the silver stripe should be, but was still obscured by the dye she had applied earlier. She felt that now it was better to be noticable. After a moment, the silver began to shine through again and a second later, she held up her dagger to check her reflection. Perfect..., she thought. The bottle was returned to its loop, but the dagger remained out. No sense in going unarmed.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2004, 07:50:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The six guards stared mutely, squeezing in the occasional blink, as Ryldor meted out his instructions. They were elite members of the Kyranian Royal Guards assigned by the Prince, and it felt odd to be under the command of a supposedly powerful and crafty mage instead of a military superior. But they were used to taking orders, and even better at carrying them out. Most grunted in affirmation, as they followed Ryldor into the woods, armed and armoured.

The constant rustling of the Larkentirs was a storm of noise in its own right. No sound of any animal inhabitants of the woods could be heard. To the six guards that found themselves scanning their surroundings warily, they could discern no figures or signs of life besides themselves, and the swaying forms of the Larkentirs, of course.

But for Ryldor, what was seen was eeriely different. With the aid of Spectral Sight, upon entrance into the woods, Ryldor immediately spotted the vague outlines of a cluster of human-like figures as he surveyed straight ahead. Those figures were still as a rock, and were in various positions -- crouching, leaning, standing ... blending in with the constant movement of the Larkentirs.  



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2004, 08:42:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy (Fuzzytail):

Shatrelyend noticed Cacunai's actions from the corner of his eye and curled his lip in disdain. He commented sarcastically, "Females ... always preening themselves in one form or another."

He suddenly swiftly drew an arrow from his quiver, and strung it to his bow, aiming it at a fleeing Elric, an apparent glint of glee and "show-offishness" in his eyes. "Watch now. His head will fly off his shoulders."



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Cacunai
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 305


« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2004, 11:30:22 AM »

I am merely removing a disguise; if I were to leave it too long, it would permenantly remove my one distinguishing feature.

Cacunai gazed at Shatrelyend, noting his disdain for her actions. Suddenly, she replaced her dagger in the sheath hidden in her boot, and drew out her blowpipe. She began toying with it, polishing it carefully with an attached cluster of dried pussywillow fuzzies. When Shatrelyend drew his bow taut, her eyes narrowed; she had heard the note of 'show-offishness' in his voice.

'Tis dishonorable to shoot a man in the back, Shatrelyend.

Logged
Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 2099



« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2004, 01:53:22 PM »

It was all very sudden...Kiushapo being freed, then taking the dark elf hostage, Elric rushing forward and knocking out the two archers, Caradol's spell...

Unused to such chaos, Mina was at a loss as to what to do.  Just as she had decided to help out and throw lightning bolts at the remaining archers, Elric shouted at them to run towards the east.  Momentarily confused, she let off a lightning bolt without really seeing where it was going, before turning to Caradol and helping him get back on his feet.  "Come on, I think we should get out of here," she said as they started moving towards the east.  

With Mina distracted by other things, the spell holding the Yilthrem in the air was interrupted, and the piece of bark began falling.  


There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Logged

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 289


Elf


« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2004, 12:35:22 AM »

With the rats and the sudden lack of immediate enemies, Kiushapo found he had no pressing reason to hold the dark elf woman. She hadn't answered him about the drink though, and a hostage would be useful for the next time this happened.

Tucking the dagger into her belt, he removed his own and used it to bind the woman's wrist, hefting her over his shoulder "I am being sorry, but we are really needing to find this princess, if you are not fighting, I won't be having to do anything drastic. All you will have to be doing it look pretty, I will be taking care of the rest."

Chuckling, he gathered up his longsword and after a sudden thought, her Yilthrem, and then dashed after Elric, making sure to keep Mina and Caradol in front of him as he designated himself rear guard, keeping a firm hold on the woman.

"Are you having a name? I am being called Kiushapo."


Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Logged

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

Offline Offline

Posts: 207


« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2004, 01:35:22 AM »

In the middle of the chaos that was happening around him on the clearing stood Manymeals. The rat watched how his "followers" tried to hide in panic, how his troupe turned into just a bunch of squeaking individuals, and he didn't know what to do. There was the boy, Yerun, who had ran away crying, there was Fuzzytail in the pocket of the elf, there was, finally, the Great Ratty Paradise he had to find...

For the first time in his life Manymeals had to make a decision, and he had to do it fast.

He found a big stone, jumped on it and shouted as loud as he could: "Over here! Over here! Everyone, come over here!" The rats didn't hear him, and so Manymeals continued until some of them with caution came closer to him. "Come," - he waved with the hand: "You have to help me gather the others. They must stop running!" - said Manymeals: "Look, the Big Ones don't even care about us, they're too busy killing eachother," - he grinned sadly: "Look at your "Guardians" now, they're not better or wiser than the rest of their kin who threat us like dirt. You wanted to worship them?"

Soon he assembled all the rats again. "Listen," - he spoke to them: "I don't know how to find the Paradise. I don't even know if it exists. I only know that we're lost here and won't get out of the woods unless someone helps us. Your "Guardians" surely won't, neither that elven woman. They've got another interests. But we can force them to help. I've got a plan..."

... Sparky, silently sneaking, approached Cacunai. The woman was playing with her blowpipe, not noticing him. Excellent... Quickly  he sprang dove in the pouch a the woman's left hip and fished out a little dart. He landed on the ground, took the dart in his teeth and ran to the drow who was aiming with a bow at another Big One. Sparky climbed up him like a ladder, reached the shoulder and put one of the darts close to Shartr-wosshisname's neck. "Hey, Fuzzytail," - said Sparky to the mouse who was still sitting in the drow's pocket: "Tell him that he's going to do what we command, or else he's going to have the dart in his neck. And I think it's quite poisoned." Fuzzytail showed his teeth, smiling, and translated.


-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 2/21/04 23:48
Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2004, 08:48:22 AM »

@Mina & Kiushapo:

Horrified looks presented themselves on the faces of the archers that were somehow bound by Caradol's spell. They couldn't bring themselves to move, but they could see that Kiushapo had hoisted the owner of the Yilthrem up on his shoulder as well as picked up the Yilthrem itself.

The hoisted female elf meanwhile, shrieked a long string of imconprehensible Styrash words at Kiushapo, not appreciative of their role reversal with her now as being his hostage, trying to kick her feet at Kiushapo's chest as he dashed forward.

"Are you having a name? I am being called Kiushapo."

Another long string of Styrash curses was followed by a vehement shouting, "Release me!! Release me!! You are not stepping out of these woods alive!!" She continued tussling and kicking her legs at Kiushapo's chest, wishing that her boots were made of steel tips.

Caradol, meanwhile, did not argue with Mina's offer for assistance, and half-limped, half-dashed along with Mina towards the East. However, with his departing presence, the spell that he had cast seemed to waver, and finally, one of the archers broke free, with a blowdart in hand, and aimed for Kiushapo, but missed, the dart flying ahead and hitting Elric in the back of the neck instead.

Elric cried out in pain, but continued stumbling ahead to the East.

Meanwhile, a great flash of light filled the immediate area of as two of the archers were scalded by a lightning bolt that seemed to have materialized out of no where.



Commence posting in Whistlebrook clearing thread ... just make one post each first, and the plot will move on :devilish



Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Logged
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2004, 08:22:22 AM »

@Fluffy and Cacunai:

((OOC: *Hands Fluffy the "Most Creative RP Player of the Month Award* and sets off fireworks and cued applause* :number1  

Unfortunately Fluffy, i'll have to let you take a stab (pun not intended hehehe) at ol' Sharty later in the game, because he needs to do some uhm "plot expanding" right now ... but i promise he'll be all yours after he's done ... unless Nai objects ;)  ))

"'Tis dishonorable to shoot a man in the back, Shatrelyend."

Shatrelyend laughed softly at Cacunai's words, his mark still on a fleeing Elric, "And 'tis honourable to invade and foul up another's home?" He was about to let the arrow fly, when he noticed Kiushapo making away with his sister from the corner of his eye. Alarmed, he turned his aim towards the blonde elf instead, when Fuzzytail spoke up from his vest pocket, informing him of his ... delicate position.

Meanwhile, without Sparky realizing it, SmoothFur had trailed him everywhere when she found him behaving "suspiciously", to the point when he scurried up Shatrelyend's back with the dart. SmoothFur had scrambled up behind Saprky too, unbeknownst to Sparky. And now SmoothFur made her presence known, by squeaking loudly, "NO!!!!!!", and launching herself at Sparky.

Both rats subsequently tumbled down onto the ground with Sparky scrambling in mid air and losing hold of the dart in his mouth as Shatrelyend shook violently at the loud squeak behind him. It was a long, painful fall, and when Sparky finally opened his eyes, there was SmoothFur lying a little distance away from him, the dart pierced through her.

Shartrelyend raised a hand to deal a hard slap to the back of his neck, and found no presence of any rats there, unaware that the rat that was there had tumbled down to the ground. As he turned his attention to the sight in front of him again, Kiushapo was no where to be seen, and the whole scene was a mix of confusion and alarm.

Growling down towards Fuzzytail, he made the mouse a promise, "Another foolish ruse like that, little one, and you will end up on a plate.", while he strode forward to take charge of the situation.



Ok, both of you make one post, and we'll move on :devilish  




Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 2/22/04 4:00
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 30
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx