Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Shivering Woods  (Read 37837 times)
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2004, 06:19:22 AM »

((OOC: Dunno, Khi. Have to find Yerun first. :)  ))

Sparky, seeing that Manymeals wouldn't move from his place, gathered his strength and walked to the chittering ratty crowd.

"Where is our Mouphet?!" "What are we doing here?" -he heard them asking themselves. Sparky sighed. It was hard having to explain everything to them.

"Listen," - he said to the rats: "SmoothFur is dead. She wanted to stop me from threating the drow and got pierced by the dart when we fell down.  It was poisoned. Manymeals is with her body now," - Sparky's voice lowered: "I'm sorry"

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2004, 06:46:22 AM »

Ryldor stood his ground as the arrow flew by. Without thinking he began to speak. "Eráia’avásh," he said as he threw a feather in the air casting a spell. As the wind started to swirl around him and his vision became obscured, in his most authoritative voice he shouted back to the men "GET BEHIND ME. LEAVE THE WOODS AND GET THAT MAN TO HELP." He pushed his arms out, hoping to expand the vortex and provide more cover.

He turned his head and faced the direction of the elves even though he couldn't see them. "I told you those men were under my command. I take full responsibility for their intrusion on you lands. Allow those men to leave and give me a chance to prove the threat is real. If I'm wrong, you have nothing to lose. However, if I'm right, all of the woods are in danger. I beg you brothers to trust me."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2004, 12:59:22 PM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

Shartrelyend curled his lip slightly, a slight expression of disdain as he narrowed his eyes at Cacunai, "You are a little too fond of humans, i think, sorceress kin. But no matter, i shall lead you to the human male child. But make haste now and make your steps be fleet, for i ..." He looked skywards as he rolled his eyes, " ... have a sister to keep out of harm's way." Shartrelyend started walking forward as he gestured for Cacunai to follow, briefly turning around in what looked like an irritated glower towards Cacunai, "And you should not be speaking of nor directing threats in these woods ... if you were wise, oh distant sorceress kin."

An odd chuckle escaped from Shartrelyend's lips, and then he sauntered forward, obviously expecting Cacunai to hurry along.

Meanwhile, a hushed silence had befallen the congregation of rats, as Sparky announced the unexpected death of SmoothFur. There was an awkward, long, stretched-out pause, and then, the hobbling figure of the ancient, decrepit black rat stepped forth, disgusted by the lack of leadership and the uncertain whimpering of the ratty crowd, "You ... young .. ratfools! Follow ... the ... Guardian!!" A wave of nods followed this revelation, and a stream of rats followed behind the two elves striding ahead.

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Shartrelyend moved swiftly indeed, and at the point when Cacunai thought that she keep up no further without a rest, he suddenly stopped. A faint crying could be heard towards their left. Shartrelyend waved his hand towards the crying with a flourish, "There. The human male child, i presume. Shamefully bawling. I shall now depart." He poked at Fuzzytail in his vest pocket, "And you, speaking rat, do you wish to come along with me, or remain with your human-loving Mistress?" He said with a slight sneer towards Cacunai.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2004, 11:34:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

The guards didn't need any convincing to immediately leave the woods. They simply could not fight what they could not see, and they weren't exactly eager to grace Queprur's presence. As two other guards tried to drag the wounded guard out of the woods, another two were hit in the leg and arm by arrows that had not been deflected. Ryldor's spell were deflected the volley of arrows that were let loose after he cried out for the guards to leave, but what he didn't expect, was that a few archers had crept up around the sides and surrounded the guards, unleashing another torrent of arrows that were not deflected by Ryldor's conjured shield, until only one guard was left scrambling out of the woods for dear life. Ryldor's pleas fell on deaf, invisible ears.

With the presence of the humans no more, the slew of arrows was halted. The voice sounded out again, cackling lightly, but with a very faint tinge of evident admiration, "And so you attempt to shield them, and you do not retaliate, much must be at stake here. Very well --" It was as if a wide smirk could be heard in those words, "-- the mage that you speak for be an aged human? With a chrome staff?"

Several hushed voices murmuring could now be distinctly heard amongst the rustle of the Larkentirs, as if in disgruntled disagreement with what had been said.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2004, 04:36:22 PM »

(Okay, I'm not gonna apologize this time, because I posted here yesterday...ezboard is messin' up!!!)

Eve rolled her eyes at Thaetum, and pulled away from him. "You can go on your own. Do you not hear how strong that child's cry is?!"

She started down the path of the cry, hearing it get louder. "If you want to follow you are more than welcome. I cannot see how you could be so cold-hearted to turn away from such a child!" she shouted behind her.

As she continued down the path, the trees around her began to grow all the more scary. They seemed to be reaching for her, watching her...wanting to harm her. She would continue; her life was in jepoardy from the moment she was fired upon when she was with Helli. She wouldn't turn back now.  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2004, 01:32:22 PM »

"Uh... well... I sure appreciate you generous offer, I do," - said Fuzzytail to Shartrelyend: "But... uh... I think I'd better stay with my mistress."
Then quickly he added: "Don't take me wrong, you're a very nice elf and I really enjoyed your company, it's just that... ah... staying with you would be a bit too dangerous for my taste. I mean... the perspective of ending up on a plate doesn't really go along with my plans for future."
"So I hope you understand," - and with these words Fuzzytail jumped out of the drow's pocket and ran to Cacunai, his "mistress".

As he was in relative safety, he started looking around for his pack, the Ramblers and all the rats who had been following the drow.

-----
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2004, 03:40:22 AM »

@Eve:

"You can go on your own. Do you not hear how strong that child's cry is?! If you want to follow you are more than welcome. I cannot see how you could be so cold-hearted to turn away from such a child!"

As Thaetum turned around, he only caught a glimpse of Eve's back as she disappeared into another cluster of identical Larkentirs. Fuming, he halted in his steps and crossed his arms, "Women!" and muttered furiously to himself, trying to decide whether to go after Eve or just throw his arms in the air and forget about her.

Meanwhile, it didn't take too long before Eve came across the source of the crying. Pushing away a half broken branch of Larkentir from sight, there was a little boy, sitting cross-legged on the forest floor, with tear strewn cheeks and grimy, torn clothes, still sobbing and sniffing. Eve remembered him as the boy from the Rusik, the one who answered her inquiry for a room with a mute silence.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »

Ryldor inwardly sighed at the death of the five guards. At least one got away. Better one than none, I guess. He knew there was no use protesting the elves actions, and that he would better off not sentimentalizing over it. The elves would ignore him at best and kill him at worst. He did he best to convey no emotion over the deaths.

The description of Caradol was a little too good to be coincidence. "So you've seen him. We must get to him immediately. He said. And just to mess with them. "And I hope for all our sakes, you haven't made him angry."

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce. ~ Voltaire

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2004, 06:10:22 PM »

Eve looked at the boy, automatically recognizing his face. The memory was vague, it had been only about two days since she had seen him. She walked over to him and sighed, sitting down on the forest floor next to him. She smiled at him, and folded her hands into her lap.

"What's wrong?" she asked, not knowing if the boy could speak or not. "Why are you sitting here all alone? This place is too dangerous for a young lad like yourself."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2004, 11:10:22 PM »

@Fluffy & Cacunai:

((OOC: Moving you two along now, Nai ...))

Shatrelyend watched with an odd smirk as Fuzzytail hopped down and away from him. His gaze followed the mouse to Cacunai, or stood in silence as if pondering over something with much concern.

Unable to wait much longer for Cacunai's answer, Shartrelyend decided to get straight to his task at hand. "Well, i shall depart. May the human male child bring not more trouble and strife to you." With a mysterious glint in his eyes, Shatrelyend turned and strode off with amazing speed, disappearing through the Larkentirs in mere moments.

As the wave of rats situated themselves on the floor beneath a towering Cacunai, a flood of sqritching panic ensued over the congregation once more as Shartrelyend turned abruptly to leave. "Wait! Wait! Are we supposed to follow him now??" "Oh, he's gone!" "Oh, no! What do we do now?" "I'm hungry!"

As the old, black decrepit tried to limp towards the head of the crowd again and tried to speak, a loud lumbering sound could be heard, a a collective gasp of surprise was heard from the rats as a Kuatu (three times as large as the largest rat) landed right in the middle of the congregation, seemingly from the sky itself.

The Kuatu scanned the rat crowd with its beady eyes, and started chittering away in Basic Universal Rodent Sqritch, "No ... no ... sharp-eared man ... evil! Kill! Kill! No follow! No follow!"

At this very moment, the crying towards Cacunai's left had abruptly stopped.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/1/04 15:15
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2004, 11:28:22 PM »

@Eve:

Yerun's eyes widened as Eve sat herself down besides him. He started inching away slightly from her as she smiled, remembering how fierce and impatient she was at the counter. But there was no Lady Bretha here to deal out harsh slaps to him, so he relaxed a little, but still a little tensed, and his body trembling slightly from all his crying.

"What's wrong? Why are you sitting here all alone? This place is too dangerous for a young lad like yourself."

Yerun relived the last few hours of his life in a blinding flash in his mind. How his memory came flooding back, how he tore through the woods, hoping and hoping, knowing that he was hoping for the impossible. He crashed aimlessly throughout the woods, his clothes torn and tattered by stray Larkentir brushes, and finally realized how lost he was, and how deeply griefed he was as well. So he did the only thing he could do: sat down and cried his heart out. It was a miracle he was still alive.

He also realized that the could ... manage to talk once more. Though, it felt quite awkward and quite a foreign act to him, after not talking for all these long years. Looking gingerly at Eve and sniffling slightly, nervously, he stammered out the words with some difficulty, "T..They killed .. m..m..my f..father ... m..m..mother ... a..at t..t..the st..stones." He whimpered, wondering why he was telling all this to a complete stranger, wishing he had not so brashly left the company of Cacunai and the rats. He felt so alone now.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/1/04 15:30
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2004, 02:08:22 AM »

@Ryldor:

"So you've seen him. We must get to him immediately. And I hope for all our sakes, you haven't made him angry."

A formidable male figure stepped out from the Larkentirs -- there was no mistaking the slender physique that was characteristic of elves, but this elf had broad shoulders, a well-toned frame and a weathered, rugged look. Violet eyes shone piercingly amongst cheeks with a wispy, silvery sheen. When the figure spoke, it was evident that the prior disembodied voice belonged to him, "Angered him? We would have done much more, had we been able to." He scoffed, at no one in particular, "An aged and powerful mage indeed. It certainly speaks for why he is still alive, no?"

Glancing over Ryldor from head to toe, a half-grin concealed his furrowed brows, "I am Neshjullotere of the Tsváen’mol’khár. I shall ... accompany you on your ... search."

The loud murmur of dissent rose from behind him again amongst the Larkentirs, and Neshjullotere quelled them by adding to his words in a dead-serious tone, "And shall you show any sign of deceit or trickery in your purpose of finding this mage, my arrow will accompany you swiftly to the Rat Queen herself."

Pacing closer towards Ryldor, he extended an open palm. "You will now hand over any weapons you have on your being. And tell me, distant kin brother, what exactly do you intend to do when we have found this aged human mage?"

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 3/1/04 18:09
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2004, 08:16:22 AM »

"Young squirrel!" - adressed the Kuatu Teapon, on whose head it almost had landed: "Just what do you think you're doing, jumping on considerable rats from the trees like that?"

Not giving the surprized squirrel time to answer she continued: "And stop bubbling!" - she pointed with her long bony finger at the Kuatu: "Now, where are your manners, I ask you? We don't even know your name. Calm down, please, calm down and say what you mean. In full sentences!"

-----
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2004, 11:57:22 PM »

@Fluffy:

The Kuatu was perplexed, as much as could be told on its furry expression anyway. Ximax rats were exceptionally intelligent above the rest of their rodent brothers, but the Kuatu was just ... well, a Kuatu.

"Nay-mu??? Fool sand-turns???!!!" It had absolutely no idea what Teapot was trying to convey to it. Peering around curiously, it suddenly remembered that it was hungry. Squinting at Cacunai, it noticed that Cacunai had "sharp-ears", shuddered slightly with a ruffled tail, and then it recalled something suddenly and excitedly, "Round-eared boy! Food! Food! Maybe Acorn Boy!!" The Kuatu's fleeting attention span duly spent on the confused rats, it now hopped away to the direction of the now-halted-crying, almost stomping on and flattening another rat in the process.

((OOC: You still have control of the whole ratty group Fluffy ;) ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2004, 07:37:22 PM »

"T..They killed .. m..m..my f..father ... m..m..mother ... a..at t..t..the st..stones."

Eve felt the emotion within the young boy's voice, and her heart reached out to him. She sighed, looking over his torn clothes, and she stood up taking her cloak from her back and handing it to him. Underneath her cloak she wore a firm-fitting leather armor. Nothing too heavy or too obvious, but it still said "I am a warrior and I am armed."

She then sat back down on the grass, her legs feeling the tiny weeds poking her. "The elves? They killed your parents? It seems that for anyone who comes into this place death is all they find."

Eve looked up at the sky, unable to see it for it was blocked by an ever darkening cluster of Larkentir treetops. "I am sorry that you had to suffer through that. I'm also sorry for my behavior towards you earlier. I was being impatient and just wanted a room."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]