Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ring of Stones  (Read 18678 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« on: November 17, 2003, 11:10:22 PM »

You were beginning to feel a sense of panic and confusion, thinking that surely you were now lost beyond all hope, when, with a brush of few Larkentir branches away from your view, you suddenly spot a clearing right ahead of you.

You take into view a circular patch of burnt soil almost three peds wide in diameter. You wonder if the ground had been recently burnt, or, if that was not the case, wouldn’t the grass and other foliage had grown back by now?

You look warily at the ring of stones that stand erect within this burnt circle of soil. Each stone was about 2 peds high and irregular in shape and cut. You spot strange symbols etched onto each of the stones, but you have no idea what they meant or stood for.

You notice an eerie silence all around you. You could feel a gentle breeze in the air, but the Larkentir trees here all around the Ring of Stones were, strangely, not moving at all.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 10:20:22 AM »

Oh no. Magic, she muttered. The moment Cacunai had stepped into view of the ring of stones, she shuddered and closed her eyes. Magic was all around her, she could feel it in the air. It held danger, danger she could not fight. Well, at least now she didn't have to keep one eye on Yerun; Eve could do that for her. Even if Eve didn't, surely one of them would be looking at the boy at all times. That man, Thaetum, was sure to be no help. She shuddered again. An innate distrust of menfolk (or as one of the three directors for the play calls them: mancubs) burned bright in her. No reason, not that she knew of, just a feeling that they weren't trustworthy. Of course, that didn't stop her using them for her own purposes.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/10/04 10:33
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 09:32:22 PM »

Eve soon came to the stones, following Thaetum and not paying any attention to the young man or his pack of rats. She looked at Cacunai, who was looking at her and Yerun. If she wanted Eve to be a babysitter she would have to think again. Eve was a killer...hardcore...not a babysitter...softy. She still had her blades drawn as a sign that she too had felt uneasy when entering this part.

She didn't see the dark magic floating about this place as did the Seer, but she did get the feeling that something dark and powerful was watching her. "Thaetum....this is it?" she asked looking at the giant stone rings around her.

These rings were what she had come for in the first place. Chaos had given Eve a task...find these stones and bring one to him. But now, seeing the massiveness of these stones Eve highly doubted she was capable of such a feat. "These stones are larger than I thought."

The warrioress, looked around the forests as Yerun passed her by. She wouldn't tend to his every need, but with him being an Eyelian she felt a duty to protect him.  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 04:19:22 AM »

The rats one after another stepped on the clearing. Many dozens of little feed left their traces on the the burned ground. They didn't hesitate and had no fear; this place wasn't worse than any dark cellar with scary spiders.

Something was wrong though, and the older rats could sniff it in the air. The clearing didn't look like it belonged into these woods. And it definitely didn't look like any kind of paradise.

The faces of the Big Ones, even Yerun, wore grim expressions which promised nothing good.  Further and further away the rats were getting from home...

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 05:32:22 AM »

Thaetum stood with a grim expression on his face, arms tensed and folded across his chest, probably grappling on to some hidden weapon, and he warily surveyed the surroundings ... and the deathly silence around them.

"Thaetum....this is it?"

In his usual gruff tone, this time with a heavier tinge of worry and nervousness, Thaetum gestured for all of them to stay close within range of each other, "This is it. Wretched, cursed place. Keep yer eyes open and yer ears sharp. I don't ... sense those bloody elves around, but around this place, yer better be sure that there are worse things than elves around." His lips twitched nervously, "And don't go touching those stones."

Yerun seemed immersed in his own little world. His eyes glazed over when they reached the Ring of Stones, and they searched frantically for ... a trace of ...

Something caught Yerun's attention. His head perked up suddenly, and he started taking firm steps forward, rounding the stones, and heading towards the other side of the stony circle.

From the corner of Eve's eye, it looked to her like the symbols on one of the stones were flashing ... glowing even. She thought she heard faint whispers drifting from the center of the circle.

From the corner of Cacunai's eye as well, there seemed to be a flickering glow hovering over a symbol, on a different stone. But she heard no faint whispers, just a soft, drowsy buzz, that seem to also be originating from the center of the circle.

The rats were starting to get confused.

"Stones?? Stones??"

"Wasn't it one Stone of the paradise??"

"This must not be the right rocks!"

"No, it can't be ... where is all the cheese?"

The rats were more than confused. Why had they come all this way? Were they supposed to go on again? Where was this place??

And then the Kuatu, who had hopped along excitedly after the not-so-excited group, suddenly lept up and down again, in another display of superior rodent emotional display, "There there!! Preeeeeetty! Preeeeeeetty white furry!!" The kuatu had its gaze mesmerized towards the center of the rings.

When Sparky turned his head towards where the Kuatu was looking at in annoyance, he was momentarily dumbfounded. Wasn't that SmoothFur standing right there, in the centre of the ring???

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 01:59:22 AM »

Fuzzytail looked out of Yerun's pocket. The symbols on the stones around him started to glow  strangely. "Yerun? What's going on here?" - Fuzzytail asked the boy, but he didn't seem to listen.
Then the mouse saw the white ratty silhouette in the middle of the stone ring. SmoothFur? But he had seen with his own eyes how she died!

Meanwhile Sparky chose a random rat from the troupe, grabbed it and pulled close to himself. "What's all the chatter about? What  paradise stones? There's magic all around us, I know how it smells! Been in Ximax." With the corner of his eye Sparky watched Manymeals, hoping he won't try anything foolish. In vain, of course, because the first thing Manymeals did when he saw SmoothFur was to run to her.

-----
The ratty story

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 06:01:22 PM »

Eve looked uneasily at the stones, hearing a faint whispering, almost like a chatter. What was it? Eve didn't know and she didn't really want to find out. The whispering noises didn't sound harmful...just mysterious. She slowly moved towards the center, until something caught her eye.

"A rat? What is....," Eve's eyes drifted towards the other rats, who seemed to know this one. "Who is that?" she asked them.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 12:49:22 AM »

"What's all the chatter about? What paradise stones? There's magic all around us, I know how it smells! Been in Ximax."

Other rats had gathered around Sparky now, and as they heard what he said, started to chitter excitedly amongst themselves, "Mare-jig? Is that something to eat??" "Sounds like ... a type of milk!" "Isn't cheese from milk?" "Hey ... it's SmoothFur!"

A rat spotted the figure of what seemed to be SmoothFur standing in the middle of the stones, and his gaze followed Manymeal's sprint towards the figure. His whiskers twitched excitedly. A ripple of loud chittering ensued throughout the group of rats again, debating whether or not to head into the center of the rings along with Manymeals.

As Manymeals arrived at the center of the ring, he frantically scanned all around him, but, where was SmoothFur??? She was no where to be seen! As Manymeals sniffed around half-panicking, he suddenly felt an odd sensation all over. First, his tail felt like it was vanishing ...

Outside of the ring though, the spectre of SmoothFur was still visible to all.

Meanwhile, a voice from Yerun's pocket rang out, "Yerun? What's going on here?" But Yerun seemed to not have heard the mouse, and merely kept stepping foward, going round the Stones, until --

Thaetum gave out a loud exclamation, "Ava be drunk!"

In clear, plain sight To Eve, Cacunai, Thaetum, and all the rats, a little girl of Yerun's height had appeared right in front of Yerun on the other side of the ring. She had wispy blonde hair, and her clothes looked worn but fine. Yerun looked at her in a daze. She smiled at Yerun, and then turned to all present, her blue eyes sparkling, and her tender, young voice piercing through the uncomfortable, deathly silence around them, "Hello."

As she turned to face them, a hushed silence suddenly befell the rats.

Thaetum looked haplessly at Eve and Cacunia. Children were a woman's matter. He didn't know what to do with all those darn kids seemingly running around everywhere today.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 09:36:22 AM »

Eve's eyes widened when the young girl appeared seemingly out of nowhere. She lowered her weapons, and began to walk up the young girl. Her clothes were fine, better than any Eve had ever seen. They were worn a bit, but the texture and fabrics look liked something she had only seen on royalty. Royalty? Could this be the young girl Eve was seeking?

I can't believe that I never even asked what the girl looked like, she thought to herself.

"Are...are you lost?" she asked cautiously. On the outside the girl looked harmless, but Eve had a strange feeling that there was somthing darker to this child...

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 10:29:22 AM »

Cacunai turned her head uneasily. She saw a small white rat sitting in the center of the circle, and she knew she had seen the same rat die, pierced by one of Cacunai's own darts. She hadn't really registered it at the time, but now she knew that there was something very unreal about this place. As the small form of the girl appeared, she hissed softly under her breath, not menacingly, but in surprise. Yerun moved forward, toward the girl, and Cacunai stepped quickly after him, reaching out a hand to catch him, though she did not touch him. She said in a low voice, edged with urgency,

Yerun. Come here, Yerun, come over here with me.

Evelaria's thought also ran through Cacunai's mind, but the elven woman's judgement was tempered by the wisdom of a seer and the discretion of one who learned it early on. The child, the girl, should not be here and she had appeared from nowhere. The air did not smell right. Sharty-boy had said that the Princess was not alive, but neither was she dead... the air did not smell right.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/13/04 2:31
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 01:40:22 AM »

"Not Mare-jig! Ma-gick! Ma-gick! That's how it's pronounced, you  fools!" - snarled Sparky at the rats who were starting to annoy him by not answering his every single question.
Then he turned his head to Evelaria: "This is SmoothFur," - said Sparky to the woman, wondering if she could actually understand him: "She died some time ago... and now she standing there alive again..."

Manymeals felt funny. He felt like he had been running for a week and his body had refused to obey him. He tried to move, to say something, but he couldn't. Then suddenly a stream of little sensations flowed through Manymeals, filling him up with knowledges and memories he never had before. The whole world around him changed.
Manymeals stood up on his rear legs and started to walk around the stone circle, holding his heads with the forepaws. "Get out! Get out! GET OUT!!!" - he screamed hysterically with an old human voice: "I don't know you! Who are you?! What do you want?!"

Noone of the rats tried to help Manymeals. Not even to come close to him. All they did was stand in place and gaze at the girl with fear. The ratty crowd hissed, growled and scraped the ground with their claws, their fur stood up.

-----
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 12:17:22 PM »

@Cacunai, Eve & Fluffy:

((OOC: Ok Fluffy, you're in control of the ratty group from this point until further notice ... but i'll just puppet Fuzzytail for this post :) ))

The little girl looked around wide-eyed at both Eve and Cacunai, an inquisitive glint in her eyes, blinking ever so often, as if she was utterly fascinated by everything around her.

"Yerun. Come here, Yerun, come over here with me."

Fuzzytail, who sensed that something was amiss as well, and didn't like what was going on, pushed against Yerun in Yerun's pocket, urging Yerun as well, "Yerun, go to the elf lady, go, go!"

But Yerun seemed mesmerized by the mysterious little girl, staring at her with a blank expression, and did not move nor indicate that he had heard Cacunai and Fuzzytail's words.

"Are...are you lost?"

The little girl turned towards Eve, smiling, but with a confused look on her face, turning her head to and fro, as if pondering deeply about Eve's question, "Lost? I .. i think so ... oh dear, i think ... i am lost ... i can't seem to get out of ... this forest ... it's ... it's quite worrying ... "

Her puzzled expression melted into a light, high-pitched giggle as she noticed Manymeal's antics in the Ring, "What is that funny little rat doing? He speaks like an old man!" She giggled continuosly, pointing at Manymeals.

Thaetum tightened his grip on his dagger. He didn't like what the rat was doing. Rats weren't supposed to ... talk like that. And what was with the little girl? He shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 01:00:22 PM »

If Yerun wasn't going to come to her, she would go to Yerun. This was not a good sort of position to be in. Yerun should respond - he must not have heard through the magic that surrounded this place. Cacunai walked briskly up to Yerun and took his hand firmly, leaving the little girl to Eve. Cacunai had no weapon against magic except for her amulet and that protected only her, not the boy or Eve or -heh- Thaetum. Or the rats. But they would be fine, she was sure.

Cacunai had always been one for thinking quickly on her feet, and she quickly formulated a sort of theory about all this, so that she could figure out how to react. Sharty-boy had said the Princess was not dead. Neither was she alive, though. Assuming this was the Princess, perhaps she could 'live' only in the Ring they now stood in and around. She [the princess] may very well be innocent, and really be lost. But the girl in the Ring did not look more than about eleven or so, if that. And a princess of five years would never be allowed to walk alone in a wood. So was it the princess at all?

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 06:56:22 PM »

Eve stared at the girl, truly confused by her expressions. Her voice made her sound afraid and lost but her smile was satanic and made Eve feel like chopping her head off of her young shoulders in one brief and fluid motion. The warrior watched Cacunai, she seemed uneasy about this girl. The two women shared mutual feelings; Eve did not trust the girl either.

"What is your name and how did you get here?... Are you Princess Nalaere?"

She watched the rat in the middle of the ring. She had no clue that he was speaking with a human voice because whether he did or not she would still understand what he was saying...it would still sound human to her.

Eve began to back away from the ring, but only far enough so that she was out of the young girl's arm length. If this was the princess there was no way she could have been alive for so long living within these rings. "Thaetum...what is going on?" Eve asked the more experienced man.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 12:35:22 AM »

Confused Manymeals, continued running inside the stone circle, without taking any notice what was happening around him. He was just a little rat and there wans't enough place in him for all those big human memories.

Meanymeals could remember thousands of details from someone else's life. He knew how to write and how to read, he knew how to make soup and how to cast magic. The memories were so overwhelming, he couldn't drive them away. He acted as if he was crazy or drunk and there was nothing to do about it.

"Get me a mage! Quick! I can't control myself!" - he shouted to Nai and Eve: "Oh NO! I think I'm going to throw a lightning bolt right now! Get down!"

-----
The ratty story

Edited by: Fluffy Ramblers at: 3/15/04 16:36
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]