Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ring of Stones  (Read 18650 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 03:39:22 AM »

@Cacunai, Eve & Fluffy:

((OOC: Oh ... yeah ... i forgot to mention that the little girl looks around 11 years old, just a little younger than Yerun ... sorry ... ))

Yerun jolted as he felt Cacunai's firm grasp on him. It was as if he had just been startled from a deep, troubled sleep. Yerun blinked repeatedly as he was led away, his gaze lingering on the little girl, unable to tear it away.

The little girl cocked her head to one side, watching the growing distance between her and Yerun.

"What is your name and how did you get here?... Are you Princess Nalaere?"

The little girl twirled a lock of her soft, blonde hair with a finger, wide-blue eyes peering around her, seemingly a little taken aback by Eve's question, "Princess ... Nalaere ... yes, yes, my name is Nalaere ... but ... no one has called my name in ... such a long time ... I .. i think i would like to go home, can you ... take me home ... i can't seem to find my way out of this ... forest ..." Her expression turned into puzzlement as Eve started backing away from her.

Thaetum had stood a little distance aways from the little girl, and did not hear the ensuing conversation. "Thaetum...what is going on?" He fidgeted nervously with a dagger in hand, "I don't know ... I've never been able to approach these stones without being driven away by those bloody elves before, this is the first time ... who is that little girl?? How did she get here all by herself and ... is unharmed??"

An aged, gnarled voice from within the Ring disrupted Thaetum's thoughts, "Get me a mage! Quick! I can't control myself! Oh NO! I think I'm going to throw a lightning bolt right now! Get down!"

Thaetum's eyes grew wide with astonishment. He grabbed another dagger with his other hand. A talking rat!! He felt extremely, extremely uncomfortable all of a sudden, and blurted out the same words Eve had directed to him, "What is going on???"

((OOC: Ok Fluffy, i'll allow you to hurl one small lightning bolt if you want, and you can pick your target ;)  Whoever or whatever it hits won't be hurt or fried, it will just feel like a little mosquitoe bite ... and no, Mina is not within range ;) ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2004, 10:50:22 AM »

Still keeping a tight hold of Yerun's hand, Cacunai stood uneasily as far as she could get from the circle and still be in sight of the rest. Manymeals she recognized as one of the original rats, though for the life of her she couldn't think why he was squealing about something or other... a lightning bolt. Damn. The second her brain processed this information, she backpedaled, draggin Yerun with her, and ducked behind the nearest tree.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/17/04 5:12
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 01:03:22 AM »

((Who to throw the bolt at, who to throw the bolt at... *sigh* Why is Mina not here? :D ))

Manymeals started to spin around like a berserk, with his arms stretched out into the air. *Squuuuooooiiiiaaaarrrrllll!* - screamed the rat with the same crackly human voice. His silhouette started to glow, little sparks jumped from his hands in all directions. Strange buzzing sounds filled the air.

*Sqlaaaaaachh!* - Manymeals suddenly bumped into the feet of the little girl. He raised his head to warn her, but as he saw the girl, Manymeals forgot all the words. He retreated as fast as he could, waving with the arms and then he let go. The lightning bolt broke loose and flew towards Nalaere...

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2004, 06:25:22 PM »

This was getting out of hand now. Eve looked around at Thaetum, hearing his blank reply...he was no help here. The warrioress watched the rat in the middle of the stones beginning to twirl about. She had never seen an animal act so human. Then it happened...a bolt flew from the rat's hands towards Nalaere. Eve wasn't quick enough to stop it, it happened too fast.

"Watch out!" that was all she could get out.  

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 03:31:22 AM »

((OOC: Ok Fluffy, we'll just put the Ramblers and the other rats on hold for this post ... you can take a break until my next post ;) ))

*Sqlaaaaaachh!*

"Watch out!"

A flash of light emerged from Manymeals in the shape of a small dart, and struck the little girl squarely in the chest. The little girl's lips formed an astonished "O" as her knees buckled and she crumpled to the ground, a pale, small hand clutching the spot where the bolt had hit her.

Thaetum's jaw dropped in horror. As cold-hearted and stony-faced as he made himself out to be, children being hurt was not something he would put up with. He immediately stepped forth towards the little girl, his back towards Eve and the hiding Cacunai.

The little girl groaned softly, as she raised her head to meet Thaetum's concerned gaze, and her hand left her chest, dark blood started to trickle out from where her hand had clutched it. She opened her pale lips, and weakly, half-sobbingly stammered out, "He ... he ... he stabbed me ... he stabbed me ..."

Thaetum took a step back in horror, "What ... what are you talking about?! I did nothing!"

Yerun peered out from where Cacunai had dragged him to, his voice trembling as he recognized the dark, crimson liquid that was streaming out of the little girl's chest, "Sh..she ... she's hurt!" as he clutched Cacunai's sleeve in fear, one finger pointing towards the little girl and Thaetum.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2004, 06:07:22 PM »

Eve didn't know what to do...she wasn't a healer. She didn't meddle in magics. This was not her domain. But she was a forceful woman.

"He did not stab you child, that rat did that to you. It is possessed!" she shouted bringing her axes up to its fighting position.

The warrior's eyes then glanced at Cacunai. "Well...you are the elf, do you not know of any remedies to help her?"

(Can I kill him? :)  )

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2004, 07:21:22 PM »

Yes, I can help her. But I will not risk my life and the boy's for her. Everything I have heard, all the information I have gathered, points to the conclusion that this girl, if she is the Princess, is no longer what we would call human! If you can bring her to me, I can treat her.

Cacunai shook her head stubbornly. The girl was valuble, but not valuble enough to die for. Perhaps she was paranoid, but it had saved her life before. Like that time with the wolves. She had been right then. Of course, if she was wrong now, she would lose a lot of gold. Gold... her eyes lit up at the thought of it. But Yerun was young, and she felt she had to protect him... he was only a boy. Only a boy.

She kept a small part of her brain, and her eye, focused on Manymeals and the rats in general. Manymeals was still dangerous, potentially, but he couldn't be that dangerous.

OOC: Khi, you said MM's bolt would feel like a mosquito bite. What went wrong? Is it because the girl's a ghoulie?

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2004, 11:46:22 PM »

@Nai, Eve & Fluffy:

Thaetum took a few more steps back, feeling a mixture of bewilderment and indignance, "I did not do anything! By Ava! She just ... she just ... bled!"

The little girl drooped her head, still clutching on tightly to the gushing wound that seemed to be growing ... no ... multiplying! Another wound had mysteriously appeared right next to the original one, a speedily booming crimson flower. The little girl had started crying piteously now, Thaetum's, Eve's and Cacunai's words seem lost to her, "He stabbed me ... he stabbed me ... he didn't want me to go home ... i can never go home ... he stabbed me ... he stabbed me ..."

Yerun suddenly cried out with a vivacity that startled even himself, "I remember!"

But at that very instant, the loud, burly voices of men sounded out, "By Coor! There are talking people here!" "The order was to kill all!" A few more loud grunts later, a group of men barged into the immediate surroundings, clad in the garb of the Royal Kyranian guards and wielding swords.

A stunned Thaetum took a gashing blow to his shoulder before holding off an attacking guard while another approached him menacingly. Two others charged for Eve, their swords raised high to deal out forceful blows. Two others surrounded Cacunai and Yerun, Cacunai's pointed ears spurring them to thrust their swords towards her, while two more hovered around the periphery, ready to go to the aid of any of their comrades who needed help.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 08:23:22 AM »

Her elfen speed and agility aided her here, as well as her natural ability to think on her feet. Cacunai heard the shouts, and a split second before any guards had actually come into view, she had her blowpipe in her hand. Yerun, however, stood unprotected. She lunged at the first of her two guards, baring her teeth in a feral gesture, the way she hissed and moved like a cat. Feral's a nice thing to be.... Ahem. Cacunai feinted to the right, but the guard was not so daft. He stayed where he was, so she decided to carry through on that movement. Ducking a sword slash from the other guard, she flicked a tiny stone dagger from her belt and plunged it into the guard's unprotected underarm. A disagreeable place to attack, really, but that's where armor is weak! The guard gave a snort of disgust and raised his sword for a killing blow, then suddenly one arm drooped; the rest of him followed. The stone dagger had done its work in a matter of seconds (there was deadly poison on it). While Cacunai was preoccupied with this, the other guard had moved up behind her and slashed his sword sideways, aiming to cut across the small of her back. Cacunai spun, but did not have time to do anything other than suck in her stomach so the sword might not hit her full on, and pray to Oem. Just as she felt the first pain of cold metal slicing her skin (not deep, thankfully), she heard a gasp and looked up to see something in the guard's face twitch, then he slumped to the ground. Yerun stood behind him, staring down at the guard's limp body and clutching his little bone dirky-thing, now stained with blood. Cacunai gave a grim smile. She ignored the sharp pain for now. There were two more guards to be dealt with. Eve and Thaetum could take care of theirs easily enough, but the two around the perimeter of the circle were closing in. Now that she had time to prepare, she wasn't worried anymore. The two guards were throwing nervous looks at each other; they were rather afraid to enter the vicinity of the ring. However, they were in more danger where they were than in the stones! Cacunai turned her back and leaned against a nearby tree for a moment, pretending to be fiddling around with her injury, and while her hands could not be seen, she quickly fitted a dart to her blowpipe, then thought better of it and added another. She brought her blowpipe to her lips, turned, slowly (relatively, I mean the guards aren't tortises), and fired off the two darts at the two guards. One of them dropped like a stone, the other gave a roar of surprise and anger, and charged toward Thaetum, waving his sword wildly. Cacunai glanced down at her darts. Oops... she thought. That wasn't poison, that was stimulant. Now that guard will act like a mad bull on steroids. Oh well. She shrugged and smiled happily. She had never liked Thaetum... just then a twinge of pain from her war-wound (hehehehe...) caused her to look down and see the blood seeping from her stomach and staining her tunic. She made a little sound of concern and immediately retreated to her place by the tree and tore away her tunic to inspect the wound. She busily began taking various things from her belt and her pockets and attending to herself.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/21/04 1:42
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2004, 07:41:22 PM »

The warriorress was suprised that she had not heard the oncoming guards. Usually the clanking of their heavy metal would have caught her ears. But she was prepared, having her weapons already drawn. The two soldiers that ran at her should not be a problem to Eve, especially once she called upon Chaos.

The dark-skinned woman's eyes closed and her mind chanted briefly as the guards swung down at her. Both of her axes went up, her vital stats enhanced by her prayer. Her arms shook with the force of the blow as did the soldiers, but she remained steady. Her quick mind went to work as she saw that the soldiers were a bit disoriented. She raised her left axe and angled it towards the first soldier's leg. It hit his leather armor, but sliced deep enough into his leg to give him a gaping wound. He would be dealt with later.

The other soldier caught sight of this and swung again at Eve. She was not as quick as the first time, managing to escape with a bleeding gash across her cheek. She paid the wound no mind, being the true warrior that she was. Just then her berzerker rage set in...Chaos was overwhelming her. She swung her axe upwards at the soldier's chin and cut his face down the middle. It wasn't enough to cause his face to split in half, but it put him out of the game permanently; spewing blood onto her face.

She paid this no mind either, instead she went to the second soldier. A quick kick to his leg revealed that his pain was excruciating. He was still trying to be brave and swung his sword at the woman's middle. She dodged the slow and weak blow and countered it by swinging the blunt side of her axe at his hand. He dropped the weapon and balled his red fist. "Why have you come to attack us?"

At first he did not say anything. Eve sighed deeply, and stomped on his bleeding leg causing him to grimace. "Why have you attacked us? This is the last time I shall ask this of you," she said putting both of her axes to his neck in such a way that her wrists crossed forming an 'x'. By now the warrior had blood running from her cheek unto her padded top, but it could hardly be seem under the other soldier's blood.  

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2004, 06:13:22 AM »

(( :devilish  :devilish  :devilish  Burnt soil, you say... :evil  :evil  :evil  ))

Seeing the armed men appear out of the woods and attack Yerun and the others Manymeals fell into panic. He had to do something, to save the Big Ones from being killed and the rats from being turned into stew. He felt, he knew the powers in him were more than enough to stop the attackers, but he couldn't control them, and so they were of no use.

"I don't know who you are, but I need your help!" - Manymeals shouted to the spirit inside him: "I don't want my friends to die! These men are bad! I want  them to go!"
Suddenly a laughing voice arose from the deeps of his mind:
"Haha! Oh, and go they will, little rat!"

Manymeals felt that the spirit was taking over his body once again. "Just trust me," - said the voice. Manymeals tried to calm down and relax. A force inside drove him to the middle of the ring of stones. There Manymeals crossed his hands over his chest and started to sing a song in an old, long forgotten language.

Little flames appeared out of the ground around the high stones, slowly getting higher and higher. A cloud of smoke spread out inside the ring.  Manymeals soon disappeared inside it. The stones began to glow red and the runes written on them threw a bright light on the trees that surrounded the clearing.

The earth started to melt and split open, steam rose out of the splits with hissing sounds. Something strange and dangerous was happening on the clearing, a powerful magic flew through the air...

((Don't worry, Khi, I'm not going to burn down the whole forest. ;)  ))

-----
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2004, 09:21:22 AM »

((OOC: Fantastic posts all of you!! Should have had more combat scenes earlier on i suppose :p  Okie Fluffy, you should wrap up the spell in the next post, and keep it "local", ok? ;)  And then Manymeals does his *cough*fainting*cough* part ... ))

One by one the attacking guards became the attacked, and one by one they were downed. A wounded Thaetum grunted worriedly as the one remaining guard suddenly seem infused with a surge of inhuman energy, charging at him with flaring nostrils and bulging eyes, sword held high in the air aimed for a fatal strike at Thaetum. Just as the guard neared Thaetum, suddenly a crack appeared on the ground beneath him, and one foot slipped into the crack. Thaetum took the opportunity to deliver a forceful slash to the guard's neck.

"Why have you attacked us? This is the last time I shall ask this of you,"

The soldier that laid prostrate on the ground in front of Eve had lost all his bravado. The excruciating pain caused him to whimper like a boy. He didn't like what was happening around him either. Cracks were appearing in the ground, strange lights all around ... all he wanted was to get out alive while he still could. "The ... the prince ... gave orders ... to burn the woods, and ... and kill anyone and everyone within it ... i ... i was just following orders ... please ..." He started to plea piteously for his life.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2004, 05:46:22 PM »

"The ... the prince ... gave orders ... to burn the woods, and ... and kill anyone and everyone within it ... i ... i was just following orders ... please ..."

Eve was disturbed by the sudden changes in the earth. She looked over to Nai, if this was something magical the elf should be able to sense what was going on. Her eyes trailed back to the fallen warrior.

"I cannot kill you for simply doing your job, but I will not help you tend to your wound. If you happen to die here, whether the woods get to you before this cursed place does that is not my concern."

She walked away from him and then went back to him. "Wait." Her axe went down in between his legs, the sharp edge aimed at his crotch. "Why would the prince do that? If you value your family jewels I suggest you answer me."

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »

Cacunai sucked in a sharp breath as the flames started to lick at the circle of stones, and she drew back even further from them. Right, this had gone far enough. She grasped a low branch of her tree and swung up, climbing up until she would be about head-level with an average human. She perched comfortably on the twisted wood, her muscles tense, ready to fight or fire [her blowpipe] from above. She returned Eve's glance with a shrug. Apart from the obvious magic, there was nothing amiss.

If Yerun cared to join Cacunai in the tree, he could climb himself or ask for a hand....

OOC: Kill me. Kill me now.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 3/26/04 9:20
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2004, 10:10:22 PM »

The cloud of smoke was slowly spreading out across the clearing. The ground got hot and only shoes saved those who stood on it from burning their feet.

Suddenly the clearing trembled. A large and deep crack appeared in the middle of the stone ring where Manymeals was singing his strange old song some moments ago. Inside it the fires raged, raising their tongues up to the sky.

"GRRROARRRRRR!" - a terrible roar came out of the crack with such a tremendous force that the trees bowed. The ground trembled again, much stronger this time, and the smoke became so dense that nothing could be seen through it anymore.

-----
The ratty story

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]