Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ring of Stones  (Read 18659 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 02:17:22 AM »

@Eve, Nai, Fluffy, Kiu, Ryl & Mina:

((OOC: As with my last post, some details will be just lightly brushed over to avoid this post from becoming a lengthy sprawl of words that is hard on the eyes ... it'll be a little easier to post specifically to each of you once we get everyone's positions, actions etc. straightened out :) ))

"Why would the prince do that? If you value your family jewels I suggest you answer me."

The battered guard whimpered at the proximity of her axe blade, the only thing keeping him from fainting was the fear that he would faint forward and ... "Mercy! Mercy, warrioress! I don't know! I don't know! They..they say that the Prince has a dark secret within these woods that he doesn't want anyone to find out about ... but ... but i don't know! Mercy!"

The sudden sparks of flame against the backdrop of night was an eerie spectacle. Yerun hugged tightly in fear against the trunk of the tree that Cacunai was perched atop off, unable to shimmy up himself. For the guard, the blood-curdling roar was the last straw. Thankfully -- for his next generation -- he fainted backwards and went out cold as his head hit the ground.

A burst of arid steam propelled a still spinning, still yodelling Manymeals out of the Ring, and with a tumble and a remarkably human howl, landed right at Eve's boot, unconscious and out cold on on his back.

With a knockedout Manymeals, the earth began to shudder slightly again, and the cracks in the ground hesitantly, but slowly sealed themselves up, and soon the only remaining trace of sorcery was a whiff of smoke spiralling behind the Stones, languishing ominously ...

The loud padding of feet broke the eerie silence that ensued. A crackly, aged voice rang out, "By the Grace of Ava!"

Caradol stepped into the immediate visual vicinity of Eve, Cacunai, the Ramblers, and a wide-eyed, shuddering Yerun, helped along by Mina. The figures of Ryldor, and then Kiushapo supporting a limping Elric followed. A faint whine could be heard from the Stones themselves, as if the presence of Caradol instilled a fear or some other wary sentiment in them. The rats huddled close against each other, staying as far away as they could from the little girl who was now crumpled motionless besides the Stones.

The subsequent actions and exclamations were simualtaneous.

A look of puzzlement and thinly veiled horror grasp Caradol's wizened face, "That ... is ... the Princess! But, it cannot be!" He made his way cautiously towards the limp figure of the little girl, Mina following in tow.

Elric suddenly gripped Kiushapo's forearm tightly, pointing up to the figure of Cacunai in the branches above him, "A hidden fiend amidst the treetops! Strike before we are struck!" Elric's weary eyes looking pointedly at the bloodied axes of a stern-faced Eve.

Yerun, in an attempt to stop Kiushapo or Elric from harming Cacunai, moved forth with an urgent look on his face, clumsily bumping into Ryldor.

((OOC: A post from each of you, then some revelation, and then some more doom and burning and what not, and making our getaway :devilish  And then it's time to wrap up and let the credits roll! ;)  ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2004, 04:39:22 AM »

You would die before your stroke fell, little man, Cacunai hissed venomously from her tree. She leered down at Elric with the most intimidating and slightly deranged grin she could muster. After a moment of careful thought, she slid down the trunk and alighted at the base of her tree, where she stepped forward to take Yerun's hand protectively.

I am no dark elf, and if you try to harm me or this boy, you will not see tomorrow.

Because everything around her was so chaotic, she had closed her mind, at least the frontal bit of it, to everything except immediate concerns. The rest of the action would be filed away in her memory until such time as she needed it; then it would be readily available in somewhat vague outlines. But good enough. But she hadn't time to waste now on trivial things like yodeling rats! (hehehe)

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 06:32:22 PM »

Eve was contempt with the man's answer to her threat. She removed her blades from his crotch and walked away from him, not caring for any of his wounds. He would have to fend for himself; something else caught her eyes. The rat was thrown from the ring faster than Eve could actually process the action. It landed with a thud at the base of her boots and she kneeled down to pick it up.

"What trickery is this?" as she asked the question the earth seemed to heal and Eve grunted uncomfortably. "Thaetum?!" she shouted looking around frantically for the man. She knew she should have fought with him against the guards, but she had to get answers. If they man died she would not be able to forgive herself.

"By the Grace of Ava!"

That voice brought chills to Eve's spine. She looked at the center of the ring only catching a wisp of smoke traveling from the center around the stones. Her eyes went up to Cacunai and then to Yerun to make sure they were alright. Then the others appeared. The woman and the man she recognized from the market place but the other two beings were new to her.

Eve said nothing to them, she leaned against a tree briefly and pulled out a rag from her pouch to cleanse her blades of the drying blood. "What are you doing here, and what concern is it of yours that this is the princess? She is just a child, she needs a healer..."

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2004, 05:04:22 AM »

As Mina and Caradol arrived at the Ring of Stones, she saw that another group of people had arrived before they did.  They had run into some Guards too, it seemed, judging from the bodies lying on the ground.  Looking around, she spotted Thaetum among the group.  Oh dear, I hope he doesn't recognise me from the village center. She then noticed the figure of a little girl lying by the stones.  

"That ... is ... the Princess! But, it cannot be!"

"Ah, the princess!" Mina exclaimed, "What has happened to  her?"  

She wondered if she should go over to the princess to help her.  There was much sorcery involved with the Ring, and she did not know if it was safe to approach it.  "What should we do?" she asked Caradol.  

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2004, 10:45:22 PM »

((OOC: Khi, you do know what yodeling is, do you? A quite unusual way to sing arcane magic spells, I have to say. :D  ;)  ))

"It's no trickery!" - said Manymeals to Eve who was holding him in her hand: "Someone interrupted my ma-gick! And my fur is burned!"

Ramblers and the other rats meanwhile disappeared from sight in the bushes. Too many Big Ones around. Too many dangers. It was wiser to wait and see what happens from distance.

((Short, I know. Sorry folks. :) ))

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2004, 02:10:22 AM »

Elric huffed. And puffed. Kind of ... breathlessly. Little man?? Who was the elf calling "Little man"??? But at least this elf did not have the odd violet tinge and glowing violet eyes. And she seemed protective and kindly of the young boy, who was now holding her hand tightly in relief, and staying as close to her as possible, timidly peering at Elric and Kiushapo. Elric opened his mouth to speak, but his breath left him again, and he found himself grappling on to Kiushapo for support, directing a subtle seething glance at the elf for not speaking up in support of him.

A heckling cough caught Eve's attention as she cleansed the dark crimson streaks off her blade. The battered, ash-covered figure of Thaetum emerged from amongst a few strands of stray wispy smoke, "Hold yer breeches lady ... i'll still be alive even if i have to take down these woods with me!" It was an exaggeration of course, but at times like these, it was exactly what a battered male pride needed. Narrowing his eyes at the sudden group of newcomers, Thaetum decided to let Eve call the shots -- she had proven herself. Spectacularly. Gruffly, he asked Eve in an acquiescing tone, "And who are those here lovely people?"

((OOC: Kiushapo should probably make a response to both Cacunai and Eve's question ... you are the PR guy, so, do your stuff :wink2  Fluffy, feel free to clarify or confuse the situation for everyone around there hehe ... Nai and Eve, feel free to soothe or antagonize everyone around you ... hehe ... Caradol and the revelation part is going to come in a bit, just wanted to get this up so that those waiting will have something to work on and not wait too long :) ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2004, 03:32:22 AM »

"Ah, the princess! What has happened to her? What should we do?"

Caradol seemed a little taken aback by their discovery of the little girl, who he recognized as the Princess ... or was it?

The little girl -- Princess Nalaere -- slowly raised her head, her body seemed as frail as ever, the gaping wounds in her chest seem to be slowly multiplying, staining her dress a deep crimson, seeping into a puddle on the ground beneath her.

"Caradol? Why didn't you come back for me? He left me here ... he stabbed me ... why didn't you come back for me? I want to go home, Caradol, I want to go home ..." She was pleading, her voice full of sorrow, and in her eyes, there was a confused and mournful glint, as if there was something that she did not understand.

Caradol's face paled considerably, and in that instant, he seemed to have aged another hundred years. Taking a step backwards, closer towards Mina, wearily, he spoke, to no one in particular, a voice full of regret and deep sadness, "I'm sorry, my child, i'm sorry ..." Casting a quick glance at the Ring, he proceeded to answer Mina's question, as the figure of Princess Nalaere seem to be -- was it possible??? -- shimmering, its outline growing foggy and fuzzy. "That is ... no longer the Princess, my child. It is as i have feared. The Princess disappeared when she was a mere 11 years old, Nalaere should be a young woman of 18 now. And she would, she would, but alas ..."

Caradol told all of the lore of the Ring of Stones (please read the Shivering Woods entry on the main site for the story if you haven't already ... it's kind of silly to type it out all here in a story post). The strange markings on the stones around the Ring had ceased to glow. "And so, pursuing immortality, the Silver Hand did obtain their target of desire. They found immortality, their essence ... or some call it souls, forever bound to the Stones of their sorcery, one for each member of the Silver Hand, immortal till the end of time."

((OOC: Alrighty people, this is a mystery afterall -- besides responding to other people/actions around you, your next post should be of your character attempting to try to work out the mystery, based on what you know/found out so far, and speak out your character's thoughts/take on what really happened to the group/Caradol. Let's see who hits the bulls eye!! Oh, btw, Caradol just dished out some clues too ... in case you missed that part ;) ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2004, 04:30:22 PM »

"And who are those here lovely people?"

Eve said nothing to Thaetum at first, something more intriguing had caught her attention. The elf Caradol was speaking to the girl. They seemed to know one another. Eve had to pay attention to this. She set the rat back down on the ground, letting its friend-rats take care of it.

"The Silver Hand?" Eve asked softly. Those are the sorcerers whose stones she was seeking when she first began this trip. She knew everything about them, but what did they have to do with Nalaere. "I do not understand, how is the princess connected to this? Is she a sorceress, or was she the sacrifice they needed to acheive immortality?"

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2004, 07:35:22 AM »

Mina listened carefully as Caradol related to them the lore of  the Ring of Stones.  She had read about it before, back at the Academy, but no longer remembered most of the details.  At the same time, she wondered what it had to do with the princess, trying to piece together the solution to the mystery.  

When the old mage was finally done, she said, "I suppose then, that the prince had lured the princess here and somehow managed to trap her within the ring?"  But what about those wounds?  "Or perhaps the prince did kill her, but her soul became trapped within the ring.  Is that what happened?"  

She searched her mind for any knowledge that might help free the princess, but nothing she could remember was of any use.  Finally, she turned back to Caradol and asked, "So, is there any way we could free her?"

((OOC: Everyone please ignore this post for now.  I will probably be making some edits.  ))
((OOC: Okay, I should be done now.  ))

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Edited by: Mina Aylwin at: 4/6/04 10:35

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2004, 12:23:22 PM »

Finally tiring of holding Elric up, Kiushapo gently led the recovering soldier to a nearby tree to lean against. Though the axe wielding woman had asked him a question, the time to answer it seemed to have passed as her attention turned to other things. Thaetum was there as well, seeming to have eluded the guards for this long and as welcoming as ever. Whatever this place was, it seemed it was a gathering place as well.

The object of their quest seemed to have been found, though looking at her, the princess seemed not to have aged at all. Caradol confirmed that something was amiss with her age, but threw around terms about the Silver Hand which he had never heard of. All in all he was thoroughly lost and turned back to Elric.

"I am hoping you can be telling me what is going on, things are seeming very strange and if there is being evil magic going on here I am wanting no part of it."

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2004, 12:06:22 PM »

((OOC: Alrighty, i'm getting the plot moving along ... or else it'll never be wrapped up! :p  The mystery is not going to be revealed until the "Ending Credits" ... so, you don't have to solve the mystery, but if you do, i'll come up with something special as a reward or something :wink2 ))

"I am hoping you can be telling me what is going on, things are seeming very strange and if there is being evil magic going on here I am wanting no part of it."

Elric grunted as he leaned against the tree. He was beginning to regain some strength, and the wobbly feeling in his legs had begun to rescind. He could sense the disturbed sentiment in Kiushapo, and Elric too grappled the hilt of his sword, feeling very edgy. Elric had his eyes trained on the figure of the little girl and Caradol. He had never seen the Princess with his own eyes before, but a dreadfully eerie feeling inside of him told him that this was she. As Kiushapo spoke to him, Elric hushed the blonde elf, as Caradol began to speak again, straining to listen to the words from Caradol.

"I do not understand, how is the princess connected to this? Is she a sorceress, or was she the sacrifice they needed to acheive immortality?"

" ... Or perhaps the prince did kill her, but her soul became trapped within the ring. Is that what happened? ... So, is there any way we could free her?"

Caradol looked mournfully from one woman to the other, as the words came tumbling out, "Yes, she was sacrificed, in the name of rivalry for the throne! It is bloodshed in its utter most disdainful form!" Caradol was weary, very weary, and his wavering voice reflected the heavy-heartedness in his words, "Seven years ago, i had accompanied the Prince and the Princess to Eresh, on her 11th birthday. Somehow the Prince had managed to convince King Aprag to allow him to lead the Princess into the Shivering Woods on a royal hunt, a great adventure, he said, worthy of the birthday gift of a royal Princess. I should never have allowed the entourage to enter the woods without me, but the Prince, he had it planned all along ..." Caradol's wizened features sagged, " ... and kept me well occupied while they made their way into the woods." He looked forlornly at the slowly fading figure of a writhing Princess Nalaere, her being now resembling a ghostly outline, "He did the deed himself, that, i am now certain. Alas, he is the bane of the Kyranian line, as prophesized by Arvins' curse!"

Caradol tossed his staff aside in grief, burying his face in his hands, "I should have returned to the woods that fateful day! I should not have taken his words for the tragedy! But it took me years ... years! Years to uncover this dark deed!" He paused, drawing in a deep sigh, "And i'm afraid, that her soul is forever trapped within the sorcery of the Stone ... oh, my child, he must have fatally wounded you at this very spot! I know not of how to undo the sorcery of these Stones, their power is beyond me ... i'm sorry, my child, i know not how to take you home ..."

((OOC: Bullseye Mina! Now ... see if you can explain the rest of the loose threads ... 8) ))

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2004, 12:19:22 PM »

Loud cries of chaos suddenly filled the air. Elric had his sword whipped out of its scabbard in a flash, eyeing their surroundings nervously.

Caradol turned in alarm, and it was at that very instant, an arrow sliced through the air, and in and through Caradol. He had been forever silenced, his aged body falling to the ground, besides the disintegrating ghostly figure of Nalaere with a sad, pained expression in her gleaming eyes.

Elric exclaimed in alarm, as the cries and commotion grew louder. It sounded like an army was approaching. The heat in the air had began to swell as well, the smell of burning was rife and thick in the air.

As the cries grew more distinct, muffled words of the shouting could be discerned, a mixture of the Tharian tongue and of the odd accented Styrash of the dark elves of the woods. It seemed that a fierce battle had begun, but no one could tell who was losing or winning, in their current location.

More arrows staked the ground, narrowly missing Mina, Cacunai, Yerun's sleeve, Thaetum's thigh and one of Elric's extended foot. To stay immobile would certainly be placing themselves in certain death, and yet, the odds were not looking too bright either for a safe escape. But the longer they waited, the darker the sky grew, and the closer the battle would reach on to them.

Elric shouted, "RUN FOR IT!"

Alright, each of you, choose a direction: North, East, South, or West, to escape. To stay means death. The sounds and cries of chaos are heard from all directions. You can choose to escape individually, in twos, threes, or as a big group ... but one of you has to take the lead and start running in a direction :devilish  The story will be wrapping up in the next two posts (from the players) or so, depending on what you guys do ... then there will be a special "Ending Credits" post ... but that's for later ... for now ... RUN! :evil

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2004, 06:53:22 AM »

Cacunai listened quietly to the conversation between all her fellow princess-seekers, thinking to herself, So, the Prince betrayed his sister and worked his dark magic with her life. Where then did he go? If the girl has endured, her brother may yet still be here. She was killed for a reason. And I know why. She had only the others' conversation to work with as she knew nothing of this town or this mystery until she had stepped through its gates and heard the rumors. Her elf ears twitched. She turned her head, slowly, to catch the sound again. There... it was a blood sound, a death sound, and she knew that there was conflict approaching. A minute later, everyone else caught the sound, then without warning a deadly arrow came whipping out of the trees, only to plunge directly into Caradol's chest. Cacunai threw herself into a low crouch to avoid any stray arrows, yanking Yerun down beside her.

Ware arrows, she shouted, ware arrows!Though she knew it was largely pointless as it was pretty obvious Caradol had just been killed with an arrow, she issued her warning anyway just in case one of them had not heard, or seen.

The group had scattered into disarray, and Cacunai knew that there was safety in numbers, but there was also danger. Alone, she would escape silent and unheeded. With the boy, they would still have a chance. However if they were to all run together in a clump, the noise and the movement would attract even the most idiotic of soldiers. With only a few short moments to make a decision, she made it. Due West darted the elf, with only a lingering word of command to Yerun, Follow....

Edited by: Cacunai at: 4/7/04 22:56
Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2004, 08:07:22 PM »

It was finally beginning to make sense. If Eve ever crossed the Prince's path again she would skewer him for how low he had stooped. She was about to speak up again when suddenly she was caught off guard by something else.

"RUN FOR IT!"

It began so quickly. The arrows flying, the smoke in the air, the smell of fire, the smell of blood. Eve knew all too well when to fight and when to run. Now was the time to run. She turned on her heels, throwing her rag on the ground and easily latched her axes to her sides. She took off with the speed of an agile doe, running across the grass and fallen logs as though she was born to do so. She didn't know which direction she had headed until she stopped and looked around. She was running East and fast.

Then her memory reminded her of someone. Thaetum. She left him alone. He was old...he might not be able to escape the spray of arrows. Eve couldn't go back though, the sound was growing louder now. They had probably already overtaken the man. Eve sighed and ran on as fast as she could.

"Chaos, I call upon you to guide my feet with your hands, guide my eyes with your power," she chanted. Suddenly she began to sprint and zoomed faster than she started.

Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2004, 07:20:22 AM »

It was all a mess. There was no ratty paradise in the woods, there were no mountains of cheese, there was no joy and no happiness. There were owls though and there were bears. And there was a lot of Big Ones discussing things too complicated for a rat.

And then there were suddenly arrows in the air. Arrows the Ramblers already had seen before, that meant they were in trouble. One of the Big Ones shouted and all of them run away from the hidden attackers.

The elf-woman, Cacunai, grabbed Yerun and dissapeared between the trees. The rats were left alone.
"Where did they go?" - they chittered: "There?"
"No there!"
"There!"
"Where?"
Finally, the rats remembered they could sniff the ground.
"There! I told you they went that way" - and they headed west, after the both Big Ones.

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]