Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ring of Stones  (Read 18562 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2004, 09:17:22 AM »

@Cacunai & Fluffy:

Yerun's expression froze into that of sheer horror as he watched the old mage downed by a sudden arrow. Just like that. He was dead. Memories flashed through his mind ... his father, his mother ... just like that. They were dead.

The floodgate of tears rushed open and down they streamed onto Yerun's cheek. He was oblivious to the hail of arrows falling upon them, and if not for Cacunai's sudden command, Yerun would have been yet another casualty staked to the ground.

"Follow...."

Disoriented and full of grief, Yerun's legs took over as they trailed clumsily behind Cacunai, his tear-stained face whipped and struck by stray branches as both the elf and the young boy dodged madly among the trees. The smell of smoke seemed to have lightened as they trampled through the thickets of brush and Larkentir, but sounds of fighting were all around them, and then --

"AAHHH!!!"

A shrill shout from Yerun made Cacunai turn back in concern, halting their mad rush. There was Yerun, crouching on the ground, holding one foot in pain. He had stumbled over, what appeared to be the decapitated body of a Kyranian guard. Pale-faced with shock, Yerun sat motionless on the ground, clutching his ankle with a slight shudder. There was sharp pain in his ankle, and he could not muster himself to stand up again.

A volley of rats suddenly leapt out from a cluster of brush, and, unable to stop their momentum in time, pummeled straight into the dead body of the guard.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2004, 09:30:22 AM »

@Eve:

((Going to do a little puppeting here ... just a little ;) ))

The warrior woman sprinted due East, with amazing speed and agility. Chaotic cries all abound, the warrior woman seemed like she could run on tirelessly until she reached the edge of the woods, until the thick cloud of smoke started clogging up her lungs, and she was forced to gradually slow down her pace, to prevent herself from choking and fainting from the fog of ash heavy in the air.

Suddenly, a group of Kyranian guards and dark elves rushed fiercely onto her path, weapons clashing at each other's throats. It was clear that the dark elves seemed to be in Victory's favour, but many were wounded, and many fell in the ensuing battle. Nimbly ducking out of harm's way right in time, Eve decided to let their mindless slaughter finish them off, and she would take up her escape again when they were all downed, crouching behind a thick stout shrub.

Suddenly, a loud THUMP struck her side. It was the fallen body of a male dark elf, his face bloodied and scarred, a dagger pierced through the right of his chest. His eyes widened at Eve, weak words spilling out of his bloodied lips, a half sneer forming on his face, "Ah ... tis you ... human woman ... you ... survived ..."

The voice was unmistakable. Eve recognized it from her earlier encounter in the woods. The still fresh arrow wound on her shoulder made sure that she would never forget.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2004, 08:31:22 AM »

Loud cries were heard just as Caradol finished speaking.  It seemed to Mina that a large group of people were coming.  An instant later, Caradol was struck by an arrow and fell to the ground.  

"Caradol!" Mina exclaimed.  Before she had time to do anything else though, more arrows appeared, one of them coming dangerously close to her, missing her sleeve by barely a nailsbreadth.  A quick flick of her wrist generated a blast of wind that knocked a few other arrows out of the air.  Still, more arrows were coming, and the fighting would soon reach them.  Staying around was obviously a bad idea.  I don't even have time to cast a proper spell.

"RUN FOR IT!"

Mina turned and ran as fast as she could.  She did not particularly care which direction she was going, as long as she made it out alive.  Ahead of her, she spotted the warrior woman, sprinting ahead more quickly than she thought possible, especially with the axes she was carrying.  I guess I should have exercised more often.  

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.

Evelaria
New Santharian

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2004, 06:08:22 PM »

"Ah ... tis you ... human woman ... you ... survived ..."

Eve gazed at the elf momentarily before snarling and pushing his body off of her own and onto the ground besides the place where she was knocked down. She looked down at her arm, remembering the nice gift he had given her.

"Yes I have, and it looks as though you will not..." Eve looked around nervously. It seemed that the fighting was still carrying on, but no one had noticed her or the male elf.

She had time for a few questions before making a quick dash out of the woods. She coughed momentarily, the smoke filling her lungs. "How did this battle begin...?" she asked, kneeling at the man's side.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2004, 02:15:22 AM »

Listening to Caradol's words, Kiushapo lowered his head and offered a small prayer of passing for the girl. His knowledge didn't extend to magic and if Caradol didn't know what to do, he certainly didn't. It seemed like this was the end of the line...

The sound of arrows flying through the air disrupted the rest of his thoughts, and as Caradol fell the ground his reflexes kicked into action. He didn't care about the mystery so much as getting out of this alive now.

Not bothering with his swords, he ducked low and threw Elric over his shoulder as he passed, not having time to help him hobble along with his foot wound. Breaking into a sprint he headed west, towards the sea, running a straight course and hoping his luck held out just a little longer.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2004, 04:53:22 AM »

Cacunai skidded to a stop as she heard Yerun cry out, and stared for a moment at the downed boy, before a crowd of rats barreled out of the trees and into the dead man.

Yerun, no! I can't carry you, boy!

OOC: Kill me. Kill me now.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 4/13/04 2:09
Fluffy Ramblers
New Santharian

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2004, 12:20:22 AM »

The ratty crow bumped into a man, who was laying on the ground. *Squoww!* - said the rats.
The man said nothing.
"I think he's dead," - said one of the younger rats and sniffed the air.
"Oh no," - responded Fuzzytail from the middle of the crowd: "He's just resting here and waiting for someone to bring him his head back."
"But what if he wakes up? He will try to catch us!"
"Don't worry. To catch us he will need to see us first. And that's kinda hard if your head is not on your shoulders."
The young rat gave Fuzzytail a puzzled look but said nothing.
The crowd climbed over the guard's body and gathered around Cacunai who tried to lift up crying Yerun.

((OOC: Hm, I'm glad the story is over soon. My rats start talking almost like me. Brrr... that's no good :rolleyes ))

-----
Squee! Narf! For the Cheese!
The ratty story

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2004, 08:03:22 AM »

Yerun, no! I can't carry you, boy!

Dashing through the forest, Kiushapo almost couldn't stop himself in time to avoid tripping over the corpse of a soldier and joining the small boy that seemed to already done that.

Looking around for the source of the voice, he found it with the woman Elric had accused of trying to attack the group back at the ring of stones. With no time to work anything out, he hefted Elric off his shoulder and foisted him on her.

"He can be walking if you are supporting him! Go!"

Scooping the boy into his arms, he set off again, slower this time to keep the woman and Elric in sight.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2004, 11:01:22 AM »

A little confused with the swapping of charges, Cacunai shrugged and savagely gripped Elric around his waist, and followed Kiu at a swift lope, wondering why he was going so slowly. It's not like Cacunai cared if Elric got dragged around a bit. She hissed happily, making an effort to sound as deranged as possible, Well well, now you're all alone with the evil elf from the Shivering Woods, who doubtless will stab you in your sleep tonight. Come, little man, walk faster or be left behind! She snickered and turned back to face front, ducking a branch. She turned back to check on the rats once, and saw they were doing all right. Hehehe... blame her for the Dark Elves' misdeeds, would he? Ha! She would make him regret it, but no, she wouldn't kill him. She wasn't that sort... not quite....

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2004, 12:42:22 PM »

@Nai, Kiu & Fluffy:

Yerun gave a cry of surprise as a tall blonde elf loomed over him and subsequently scooped him into his arms. Yerun whimpered as his twisted ankle throbbed with stabs of pain, but he clung on tightly to Kiushapo as Kiushapo strode ahead.

"He can be walking if you are supporting him! Go!"

Elric grunted as he felt Cacunai's slender arms around him in support. Great. Of all the humans and elves in the world, he was now at the mercy at one whom he declared a "fiend". That would explain the threatening look on Cacunai's face, and her thick, silent glee whenever his limp caused him to bump into a sturdy shrub or rock on their way. He hoped that it would not be long before they were out of these cursed woods.

And it was not a moment too soon that Kiushapo and Cacunai started fleeing. Arrows rained down in a random manner, and one would have claimed that it was by Arvins' grace that Kiushapo, Cacunai, Elric and Yerun had dodged through the woods doggedly unscathed.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of branch scratches and bush encounters, they had reached the edge of the woods. Elric grunted again, this time with relief, but that soon turned to a wide-gape of alarm.

The four screeched to a sudden halt as they left the woods, and straight into a row of armed men on horseback, clad in full battle regalia. Their shields and flags had the emblem with a flying horse on it, and the men were equally surprised to see the four emerge from the woods, staring at them warily, in astonished silence.

Ok you three, this is sort of the end post ... kind of the last surprise *grin*. After a post from each of you (make it "end-postie" ... you know ... heh ... :wink2 ), you'll all be written into the "End Credits" post ... :)

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2004, 04:49:22 AM »

Cacunai fetched up at the edge of the woods and gaped with part astonishment, part fear, and part anger, at the assortment of guards. She was mostly angry at herself, for running helter-skelter through the woods without stopping to find a place to sit down and formulate a plan. As it was, they had no chance of passing themselves off as anything but ragged travelers running out of the woods for Elath-knows-what-reason. Plus her face was known now to at least, what, ten? twenty? guards and that was exactly what she had been trying to avoid! Only long habit made her scan the guards' horses to be sure none of them was Daala. None of them was. Cacunai (I'm really starting to hate her name) instantly dropped Elric and reached for her blowpipe. She had the presence of mind not to draw it, at least. This little adventure had taken to much of her time to be without reward. A wild thought came to her and she grinned with wry agreement. What if we killed all the guards and took their horses? The poor beasts would be a marvelous addition to my Daala, no matter how many there are. Or you could always sell the rest. Sad, but true. More likely the guards would cart them off to prison. What an anti-climax.

Edited by: Cacunai at: 4/15/04 20:58
Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2004, 09:01:22 AM »

Skidding to halt, all he saw at first were the guards swords, bending swiftly half set, half dropped the boy to the ground and drew his longsword, setting into his fighting stance.

As he waited for the guards to attack, his eyes caught the emblem on their shields. They weren't the same as the guards he had run into in town, and they didn't seem like they had expected a fight....

Lowering his sword slightly, he nodded curtly to the men "I am not knowing who you are, but battle is raging behind us and if you are stopping us from leaving, then I would be asking you get off your horses so I am having a chance to save my companions at least."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2004, 08:13:22 AM »

@Kiushapo, Cacunai & Fluffy:

The sound of metal was rife in the air as the guards on horseback drew their weapons as well with the very flash of Kiushapo's sword.

And it was then that Elric yelled out frantically, almost deafening Cacunai in the process, "H..hold your sword Kiushapo! They are the Centoraurian Calvary!" Loooking around, slightly breathless, Elric held up both hands to indicate that they had no intention of posing any threat to the Centoraurian guards, "We must have crossed over the border between Kyrania and Centorauria."

A guard on horseback steered his steed slightly forward from the rest, "Our scouts picked up a massive movement of Kyranian troops, and then signs of fire was spotted within the Shivering Woods. What in Ava's name is happening, Kyranian?" He demanded an answer, as his eyes glanced at the two elves and a frightened Yerun. He knew of the dark elves of the Shivering Woods, but Kiushapo and Cacunai did not share the features of the dark ones.

Elric sighed. The events of the past half hour flashed through his mind. He still could not fully bring himself to accept the old mage's words. And now even he himself -- the old mage -- was dead. Who would attest to the truth now? Elric suddenly felt extremely weary, like he had aged 50 years in the past half hour. What had he been working so hard for, for the past years? Serving a kingdom that rotted at its core ... and where was his Arialle, his beloved? All he wanted to do right now was to hold her, and leave this wretched, forsaken place, and all its memories ...

Elric's shoulders sagged as he trudged forward towards the Centoraurian guards, a calm, yet defeated and resigned expression on his face. "I ... will explain all ..."

At this point, all i need is to write up the end credits to wrap everything up ... as well as the full explanation of the whole story. Of course, the story can still go on at this point, but since this was primarily meant to be a mystery, and now the mystery has been revealed, i really haven't had any plans to carry it on ... anyways, i need to finish up with Mina and Eve, and then you guys will get to see the whole picture in the End Credits post ... plus some other stuff ;)  

Kiushapo, Cacunai and Fluffy ... you've all COMPLETED The Tale of Nalaere! :D  Awesome job!!!! :number1  More in the End Credits! :D

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]