Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jamalian (Ready for title change??)  (Read 13093 times)
jamalian
New Santharian

« on: August 14, 2002, 08:02:22 AM »

Name: Jamalian
Race: Elf
Sex: Male
Height: 1.8 peds
Weight: 1.69 pygges
Tribe: Quaelhoirhim
Desired Title: Mentalist (Male Elf)

Appearance:
He is a little bit smaller than the average Elf, but his build is roughly average. He has medium-length black hair and bright, emerald green eyes. He has a thin face with high cheeks bones and deep dimples. He has no wrinkles and looks quite young for his age.

Personality:
He is very wise and friendly and always likes company. He loves to practice his mental skills while travelling.He never discriminates against other races because time has taught him that everybody is the same, but in different ways.
He uses his magic in many different ways and for many different reasons. He entertains to help gain friends, he scares and battles to help protect himself and also helps others in any way possible.
He loves to travel and is not easily angered or offednded, but when he is, he can be a little vicious.

Strengths:
-Is an decent, experienced mentalist.
-His many years in school and travelling have taught him a great deal and made him very wise.
-He is fast and agile, therefore giving him more chance of dodging close range attacks.
-Can move quietly when he needs to.

Weaknesses:
-His mind spells can be dangerous, because if something bad happens in his conscious or sub-conscious, they can mentally affect both him and the other person.
-Casting mind spells can wear him out and the harder the spell, the more he will be affected.
-Is not skilled or trained in any type of weaponry.
-Is not skilled or trained in any type of combat.

Possessions:
-Small Varnished Oak Staff.
-Small Steel Dagger.
-Snake teeth and a small, decaying, human skull (for use in power word spells)
-Brown Velvet Draw-String Bag containing some coins.
-Brown Bear-Skin Cloths.
-Small Brown Leather Boots.
-Small Ivory Pocket Knife.
-Small Brown Leather Sack with a Black Leather Shoulder Strap.

Magic:
His magic level on the Ximaxian scale is 7.
He trained with a very talented Elven mentalist for almost 200 years. In this time he learnt such techniques as:
-Mind Control (only low-level control)
-Mind Manipulation (must speak and suggest to pull it off)
-Mind Reading (Can mainly only read emotions)
-Telekinesis (Can move about 1pygee)
-Spells:
  - Word of stunning (Cuá’Lerán’Telí) (Requires snake teeth)
  - Word of fear (Er'Omá'Riás Daern) (Human skull)
  - Fist of Thunder (Avásh Inaiá)
Although he is a very talented Mentalist overall, he cannot be very talented in all areas, he is just able to perform spells of all types.

History:
Jamalian was born to a regular married couple. At the age of 17, he became interested in hypnosis after seeing a hypnotist. The hypnotist attempted to hypnotise Jamalian, but he couldnt. This was not because Jamalian wasnt creative enough or because he had no imagination. It was because his mind was too strong. The hypnotist tried extremely hard, but all he did was embarrass himself.
Jamalian soon forgot about this, until something weird happened to him. He began to get migranes, extremely bad migranes. Almost every day he would see things that werent there talk to animals and people who didnt exist. He would also have a great pain fill his head. This made his childhood a nightmare because he would often feel weary and also because other children picked on him for being a "freak" when he saw things that werent there.
When Jamalian was 11, his village was attacked by a ruthless group of outlaws looking for food and money on which they could survive on until they found another village to terrorise. The gang entered with great force and began to attack his friends and family. Jamalian saw that he could do nothing, so he quickly gathered some possessions and flee'd his village, leaving everyone else behind.
After a few days of sleeping alone and unprotected in the forest, he came to a town. When he got there, he passed out from head pains, but it was not long before he came around. When he did, he found that he was not alone. There was an Elf with him, a very old Elf.
The Elf's name was Troy and he was 792 years old. He was a level 10 in Mentalism on the Ximaxian scale. He had been wandering when Jamalian passed out, and being quite strong aswell as being  very caring, he managed to drag Jamalian to the edge of the forest where he could rest.
Jamalian saw that Troy meant no harm, so he explained to him what had happened.
Troy knew what was wrong with Jamalian, because the same had happened to him as a young child before he learnt to control his powerful mind. He told Jamalian that he had a talent and that he would teach him fully express that talent.
Troy told Jamalian that that he had an incredibly powerful mind already, and if he was taught to use it properly, his mind would become a great force and his headaches would go away.
Troy began to teach Jamalian straight away. Jamalian went through some rought times while learning, but no matter how frustrated he became, he still wanted to learn so much that his will power became greater with every mistake he made.
After 247 years of being taught by a great Elven mentalist, his teaching came to an end when he reached level 6 on the Ximaxian scale and became a talented Mentalist.
Jamalian stayed with Troy for many years, but one day Troy passed away of natural causes. Jamalian wished one day to pay back Troy for his good deed towards him, but all he can do is use his Mental power in Troy's honour.
Now, Jamalian travels, looking for friends, adventure and constantly working on his Mental strength.

* Edited to add a little to the history... *

Edited by: jamalian at: 2/23/04 16:23
legolas acher
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 09:08:22 AM »

I personally dislike the idea of an Elf shapeshifting but this is only my opinion. I prefer diversity in the background and skills of a character.

Uragel's offical translator
Will you be ready when the Reaper calls?

jamalian
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 09:33:22 AM »

Just so you all know, the reason ive decided to change is because im bored of being a warrior/adventurer.
Theres nothing new to do, its the same old fighting all the time.

Anyway............i can see what your saying in a way.

Ive changed my description, well, i will have done in 2 minutes.

Atrii Redwood
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2002, 10:00:22 AM »

Personally I don't think that we can even shape shift at all, I made a character and I wuz told we weren't allowed. But its just wut I wuz told

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2002, 10:19:22 AM »

Only certain species can shapeshift, like certain RARE dragons, whick are no longer being excepted as new characters because they are so RARE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2002, 12:24:22 PM »

Yea, no shapeshifter thing.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2002, 12:55:22 PM »

HOW DID THAT GET BY?!
Perhaps he changed it after he got a title?!
s'not coo.
grr.

http://www.klintorth.com/images/misc/vir.gif">
*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

jamalian
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 12:24:22 AM »

Viresse, what was your last post about?

Anyway, i have a few questions:
1) Would it be possible for me to change my character to one of these rare shapeshifting dragons?
2) If not, is there anyway that i could be a shapeshifting Elf.
3) if not, is there anyway i might be able to have the ability through an accident:
-Being bitten by a rare shapeshifting dragon and therefore, haveing dragon blood in me, giving me the ability to transform.
-Being a dragon who wanted to change his appearance so much, that he changed his appearance permanently to an elf, but still still can shapeshift.

I thought these might be good original ideas for a shapeshifter.
Also, if you check the list of active members, Capher and Irid are the only active shapeshifters.

If i cant change to a shapeshifter, then its ok.
I would just like to try something different.

Edited by: jamalian at: 8/14/02 3:30:46 pm
legolas acher
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 12:34:22 AM »

See above new Characters not being accepted as the RARE drakes. There is only one char that can shapeshift in the whole of Santh at the mo that I know of and that is Capher.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Mini-mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2002, 01:22:22 AM »

Actually there are two Issa, and Capher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

legolas acher
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2002, 01:52:22 AM »

Never met Issa sorry my mistake

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2002, 01:56:22 AM »

yeah, she's Caph's sister. They were going to have a story together, but He unexpectedly left.
Anyway. All of those alternates are not able to happen; dragon blood is not the Strength, it is their MAGIC.
Perhaps you can be a mentalist; there you can manipulate people's minds to believe you can shape-shift.That's really the only way around it.

http://www.klintorth.com/images/misc/vir.gif">
*pokey de Viresse* - character descriptions moderator
The Santharian Dream - Home sweet Home...

jamalian
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 04:36:22 AM »

Well, of the 1000+ members, 1 active shapeshifter is not very much.

I saw a program about a type of octopus which can change the size, shape and colour of its body and also the texture of its skin so that it could hide from predators and also make surprise attacks on prey.
It was like a shapeshifting octopus, but really, it just had a gene similar to that of a chamelian which allowed it to change its body at its will.
It couldnt do really outstanding things like change into cars and stuff (of course, lol) but it could slighty increase its body size and also slighty decrease it.
It was more like inbuilt camouflage which could be changed at any time.

Maybe if there is no way that i can be a shapeshifter, i could be a kind of.................octopus, lol.
Not an octopus obviously, but be able to do that stuff.
It wouldnt be magic, just the ability to change my gene pattern, therefore changing my appearance.

The ability would be used to camoflage myself and to change my appearance (hair and skin colour, facial features etc).
So, it'd make me a "Master of Disguise" more then anything else.

Edited by: jamalian at: 8/14/02 10:06:32 pm
legolas acher
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2002, 07:03:22 AM »

You are probably better of with the sugestion above your  last post

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2002, 07:16:22 AM »

Well, outside of the Dragon (one of the rare beasts we are currently restricting) there are no other shapeshifters. And really, I've argued this point so many times I'd appreciate it if it was just dropped. If this doesn't satisfy you, then just go back and read through the other arguments I've made in the past.

Have a nice day. =)

(( See!!!! Look!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^))
(( See see see! ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||))
(( The nice note and emoticon mean I'm being nice!!))

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]