Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2: Discovery  (Read 49460 times)
Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2003, 12:09:22 PM »

Elraralia glared at the half elf.
"You may go home if you so choose.  I on the other hand am not so inclined as to leave an innoucent girl at the mercy of whatever freaks took her, and have Severine and Phiona with them." she said barely able to contain her frusteration.  Brushing past them, she watched as Tierra was forced up the steps of a house, and was quickly ushered inside.  Looking up above for some way in, she saw a window that was partly ajar.

Going back to the group, she took a deep breath

"They've led her into some sort of house, or store or something.  There's no real way in, except for that window up there.." she said pointing "I'm going up to check it out, you may all come, disperse, dance, because quite frankly I do not care..  Just don't mess anything up..got it?"

fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #301 on: November 24, 2003, 08:06:22 AM »

"My name is Fflewdur and I met up with Elra and Company at the pub. I decided to help them. A group of men came and kidnapped Tierra. As for why they took her, your guess is as good as mine," Fflewdur paused for a second, then added "So you were hired to protect Tierra, eh? Then I take it you will be joining us?"

Fflewdur turned to Elra and said

"Though I would love to stay here and dance, I think I will help you save Tierra and the other two people that you talk about." And with that he walked slowly,silently and sneakily towards the building.

OOC: Is "sneakily" even a word? LOL.

Luca the Thief
« Reply #302 on: November 24, 2003, 08:49:22 AM »

Luca huffed and watched in despair as most of the others were quite against her very reasonable idea. She looked up at the ajar window and shook her head sadly.

"No doubt if I let you dimwits try to break into that house on ye'r own, you'll get killed and try to blame it on me!" she said, rather exhasperated. The half-elf could only imagine the pestering ghost of Elra hovering around her head blaming Luca for her death. "I'm coming with you, and by the gods, if you die, don't come crying to me!"

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life"

Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #303 on: November 24, 2003, 11:31:22 AM »

Elraralia gritted her teeth, before she did something rash, like killing the little half elf. Something she knew she would regret, though at the moment couldn't think of any acutal reasons.

"Don't worry, I won't" she finally said to Luca, and then got to work finding a way up onto the roof.  She finally settled on the lattice work running up the side of one of the houses nearby, and walking over, tested its stability.  It was seemingly sturdy, and she stepped on it carefully to be sure.  Satisfied, she scurried up, and crowched low on the roof.  Slinking along, she got to the window, she peered up, and looked inside.

Marmalan
New Santharian

« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2003, 07:07:22 PM »

Marmalan could already tell that she wasn't going to like this woman. The dwarf wasn't as bad as she thought, but this woman seemed to have a dead rat up her butt. Marmalan laughed at her thought, and while the others snuck up to the house, the huntress stood off to the side. She walked towards the side of the house, sitll in view of the others, but not in view of anyone in the house. She didn't really care about saving anyone, as it wasn't her business, but if they needed her she would come and help.

She started to clean her long nails, they were stained with blood from the men in the pub earlier. She was suprised none of the guards were looking for her now.  

Sable
New Santharian

« Reply #305 on: November 24, 2003, 08:52:22 PM »

"Of course I'm joining you. I gave my word" - said Sable - "But I'm not a mercenary. I'm helping Tierria because her father saved my life, and I'm repaying a favor with a favor"

Sable looked around "This is a strange group, indeed. You and the elf, the little half-elf, and yet another elf there... a dark elf if I'm not wrong" - He touched the scar in his left cheek, a gesture he usually made when he was thinking - "I'd like to take Tierria out of there, but not rushing in like this. She - he was pointing at Elra, in the window - is too impatient. She does not know how many are in, nor what's happening with them. And if things go wrong, we can't just scape. They have three prisoners there..." - he made sure sword and dagger were ready in his belt - "If we find too much enemies, try to retreat to the door and fight there, ok? That way their numbers won't matter too much. I'll try to get pass them, take Tierria and run away"

Sable, "There is a time you can only flee forwards"

Tierria Selig
New Santharian

« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2003, 02:47:22 AM »

Tierria stood quietly, fiddling with her thumbs. More moments of long silence seem to be active in the room, and it was getting quite repetitive. Occasionally someone would say something, but it went back to basic silence. Finally, what seemed like it took forever, somebody said something.

"Put her in Phiona's room" Ardan said. "Since Dray is interrogating Severine. She wanted to see her friend after all."

Karla nodded. "Fine" she simply replied, and gestured for one of the nearby men to grab Tierria. The young woman struggled a bit, but eventually, she was nearly tossed in the room where the ex-soldier was sitting in. Tierria fell onto her hands and knees, slowly looking through her long bangs at someone who for a moment she thought she would never see again.

"Phiona!" Tierria cried, running towards her friend with new found energy, and wrapped her arms around the woman as tight as she could. "Thank Seyella you're safe!"  

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2003, 06:47:22 AM »

*Dray stands there and gazes right at the man as he speaks*

"Servine: Who the hell are you?"

Well he certinly is a fiesty one...of course probally to be expected after what he has been through

"My name is Dray, My friend contacted me about a problem they had and asked me to come assist them with this problem. Now you were guarding a caravan and men attacked you and you killed 30 fo them...30 lives taken for that cargo you were guarding...was it worth it? Do you know why those men were trying to take that cargo....Mercenaries all they want is the money for their jobs they don't care what else happens as long as they are paid...let me ask you this? Do you know what the cargo was...did you know what it was to be used for.."

*Dray's gaze becomes hard and cold as he glares at Servine talking and appears to be not very happy*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

Luca the Thief
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2003, 10:04:22 AM »

Luca groaned audibly as she watched Elraralia get onto the roof as she made her way beside Marmalan to the side of the house. "Horrible first-timers." she muttered under her breath and she surveyed the wood of the house. Luca's hands flashed and twin daggers seemed to appear in her hands. The half elf looked up and shrugged, she could scale in a wall in her sleep. Crouching, the woman broke into a sudden, short-lived, run and launched herself towards the house. Her daggers whirled in her hands then dug into the wood, an impressive ped and a half above the ground. Luca landed against the building silently, clinging to the side of the wall by her daggers.

Muttering bitterly about how hungry she was and how Elra wouldn't last a minute on the streets, Luca made her way up the wall like a spider, using her daggers and finding even the most miniscule holds for her feet.

In moments, the half elf pulled herself onto the roof and leaned over the edge to flash Marmalan her signature cocky smile "Need a hand, darlin'?" Luca taunted.

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life"

Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #309 on: November 25, 2003, 02:13:22 PM »

Watching as Luca scaled the wall with her daggers, Elraralia groaned inwardly to herself.  Why was it that halfelves always felt the need to be flashy, taking the indirect route.  Leaning over, she grabbed Luca away from the edge, and then  said in a voice barely over a whisper

"Do you WANT to get us caught?  Have you even done this before?  Obvioulsy not, and if we are to get out of this alive, I guess I will be tutoring you:
One: no more of this flashy scaling the walls of houses.  You'll be lucky if the wall isn't thatch, and it collapes on you as you climb.
Two:Unless you haven't noticed, this town isn't really a loud and busteling one.  Calling to the people under us, ESPECIALLY when we are next to an open window, is asking for them to spot us. In other words.  Shut up, or Ava help me I will cut out your tounge." she said finishing,and then added as an after thought

"Oh, and put the daggers away, the nice shiny metal is acting as a nive shiny reflector for the nice little sun that is right above us.  Anyone anywhere near us can see the light coming from those things.  Unless of course...you want them to act as becons.."

((Muahaha I'll show you who's the first timer :biggrin ))

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2003, 08:11:22 AM »

She was reviewing the conversation she had with Dray a short while before, and was also wishing her hands were free because the tip of her nose itched, when the door open again and Tierria was suddenly tossed into the room.  Phiona couldn't believe it!  She had hoped, even though she and Severine were captured, that the others would keep Tierria safe... obviously this wasn't the case.  

Then the young woman jumped up and nearly strangled Phiona with a hug.  "Phiona!  Thank Seyella you're safe!"

"Safe is a relative word, Tierria." Phiona grumbled.  "Now would you untie me, please?"  

An odd, muted thumping noise came from the outter wall just then, only about four or five times before it stopped.  Phionia looked at the raven-haired healer.  "So what happened?  How did you come to be captured?"

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

- Maximus Decimus Meridius

Edited by: Phiona Whitefire at: 11/26/03 0:13
SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #311 on: November 26, 2003, 10:33:22 AM »

Severine was not intimidated by the man's look. Instead, Severine gave the man a similar cold glare to show that he wasn't in the least afraid of him.

"Well for your information, when your life is on the line, it's pretty damn worth it to kill thirty men. Actually any amount of men for that matter. As long as they are assaulting you. We were only defending ourselves. As for what was in the cargo? From what I heard, it was weapons that were supplied to the mercenaries defening this village. But when we got here...I guess defending isn't the word to describe it..."

Severine paused for a moment and sighed to himself. "I'm starting to think that these people are not the 'good' kind of mercenaries. And...you people don't seem anything like the sort of bandits. Well not all of you, anyways. So it's my turn to ask you something..." Severine leaned towards Dray as far as he could. "What's the story with you guys?"

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Luca the Thief
« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2003, 12:05:22 PM »

The spark of her wild spirit within the depths of her almond eyes was gone, and replaced with the firey rage of a person with no home, no name, no heritage, no family...no answers.

Words that Luca wanted to scream at Elra burned in her mind. I have scaled a thousand walls. Crept upon a thousand floors. Broken a thousand locks. And snuck through a thousand windows. For all my days, I have taken a thousand insults. Born a thousand strikes. Lost a thousand friends. Not killed a soul. So, Eyasha help me, no high and mighty, stuck up, pure blood elf is going to tell me how to do something I have done since the day I could walk

The bubbly and care free thief had undergone an almost shocking transformation, and her pain seemed to surface for an instant, Luca's young face drawn with memories of a dragging past. But Luca cleared her mind and closed her eyes and wished, in the very depths of her subconcious, that she would never have to open them again. But returning to reality, Luca was once again cloaked in the innocence of an ageless young woman. The half-elf flashed a cocky smile and slapped her daggers back into hidden sheaths "Let me do things my way. Do not doubt the skills of a veteran thief, dear elf."

Luca brushed past Elra to sit crosslegged on the roof just above the window, waiting for the others to join them.

(OOC: don't mess with pent up rageful half elves, it could prove hazardous)

Sable
New Santharian

« Reply #313 on: November 26, 2003, 07:01:22 PM »

"This elves are crazy" - Thought Sable for himself. He could more or less climb to the window by his own, but the dwarf would have a pretty difficult time. "help me with this boxes Fflewdur. let's make a sort of stairs to get to that window"

Sable, "There is a time you can only flee forwards"

Marmalan
New Santharian

« Reply #314 on: November 26, 2003, 07:42:22 PM »

Marmalan said nothing to Luca, she just stood on the side of the house and then jumped with uncanny strength and speed. Her hands latched onto the side of the roof, and she pulled herself up. The huntress dragged her body to the top of the roof, and then smirked. She stumbled a bit, making very little noise with her steps. She looked at the half-elf and the other woman and smiled. "No, I don't need a hand."

She walked next to the bickering women, and stood silently with her hands close to her daggers.  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]