Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Thirsty Herald Chapter XXI  (Read 47532 times)
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2003, 04:06:22 AM »

Kareesh relaxed a bit, only a bit. She knew that the Elf did not mean trouble but...she would ask questions, questions that Kareesh would not like to answer. Leaning back in her chair, she watched the Elf's every movement carefully. She glanced at the Dwarf that had entered the tavern with passing intrest. To most Elves, Dwarves meant trouble but she didn't care either way. Most Elves thought that she was trouble, which didn't bother her any.  

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

Even if the night is at its darkest, watch out for the pair of green eyes that come to steal.

fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2003, 06:03:22 AM »

Fflewdur sat back in his chair and relaxed.  It had been a rough journey crossing the desert and now thats just what he needed to do, relax. He looked around the room and grinned to himself.  Great, he thought, a room full of elves.He,unlike most dwarfs, didn't mind elves but he would have been more comfortable if he had another dwarf to talk to.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2003, 03:32:22 AM »

Kalina said nothing, hoping that would help to release more of the tension. She could tell the elf did not wish to converse and that was fine. Conversation was not what she was looking for.

The dwarf caught her attention as well. She had seen many dwarves and found them quite interesting. Most had said little but had stared at her as if speechless. It did not bother her for many were the same way.  

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..."

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2003, 03:39:22 AM »

Kareesh could tell that the Elf was trying to relieve some of the tension. She drew a deep breath knowing that should do something about it.

"What's your name and what do you do?" Kareesh asked softly. She followed the Elf's gaze to the Dwarf that she had already noticed. Perhaps this strange Elf didn't mind Dwarves as she didn't mind them. That would be something in common.  

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

Even if the night is at its darkest, watch out for the pair of green eyes that come to steal.

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2003, 07:37:22 AM »

Cacunai sat silently in her corner, staring fixedly at the two elves near her. Anything she could learn about anyone she may later encounter would be good, either to use against them or for them. So, the one who had sat down first did not want to speak, probably had a secret of some sort. She noted this duly. Something to check up on later. Neither seemed to mind dwarves. Not good allies then. Now, the dwarf. Dwarves were interesting, this one probably had some errand in the desert, the sand coating his hair and beard told this plain as day.

Nyleia
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 09:58:22 AM »

The door carefully peered open as a young elf entered the room. The elf’s name was Ny’leia and she was very weary of her travels. She had searched long for a tavern, her throat was like leather and she was in desperate need of water. She cautiously drew back her hood to reveal her long tinted periwinkle/white hair. She discreetly walked over towards one of the tables where she found a pitcher of water calling out her name. Without a second thought she snatched the pitcher and poured herself a huge glass. She promptly gulped it down and in mer seconds the glass was empty. She gave out a short sigh of relief and morphed back into her proper lady like gesture. She gradually peered around the room at the rest of the patrons. A couple elves, a dwarf, not many people at all, nothing that really interested her either. So she sat quietly basting in the coolness of the tavern.  

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2003, 03:58:22 AM »

"My name is Kalina and I am a Singer."
Her soft voice penetrating the silence.

"I ask the same to you."
She eyed the elf across, she seemed relaxed now. This sent a wave of relief through Kalina's mind.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgetable..."

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2003, 04:07:22 AM »

Kareesh knew that this question would come.

"My name is Kareesh and as for my occupation," she gave a small smirk as she removed her hood, revealing her single scar on her face and jet black hair pulled back in loose braids. "It is of no concern of yours."

She sat back in her chair waiting for Kalina's reply and reaction.

It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened. But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t.
Because they were holding on to something.

fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 05:16:22 AM »

Fflewdur got  up and thought, hey why not strike up a conversation with one of the elves? He walked over to an elf sitting alone.

"May I?"

Cacunai
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 09:10:22 AM »

OOC: I assume you mean me, master dwarf?

With a sweeping movement of her arm, the tall elf indicated that the dwarf may indeed sit. She sat, silently, stroking her beloved blowpipe slowly and rhythmically. Candlelit shadows created wild patterns on her fair skin.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2003, 12:16:22 PM »

No sudden movements or look of surprise crossed the young elf's face. She had seen much for her age and did not find the other any different. Though she was hesitant to speak much adn seemed to be older than herself, Kalina saw nothing out of the ordinary with this particular elf.

"I am sorry. I did not mean to intrude on personal matters. I shall leave if you so wish."

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2003, 03:56:22 AM »

She had to think about it for a while before replying. "No," she said with a small shake of her head. "I find no need for you to leave unless it is your wish to leave. You were right in asking me the question back. In fact, I was expecting it." She gave a small smile. "Perhaps...one day...I will answer the question or you will hear of me when you go down south near the City of Saloh."

It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened. But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t.
Because they were holding on to something.

Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2003, 04:10:22 AM »

(OOC: @Kareesh: I would really recommend to change your signature to something much smaller, and perhaps make it italic or something. It's irritating if the signature is longer than the actual post and there is no obvious seperation between text and signature. How about a smaller quote?)

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2003, 08:44:22 AM »

(OOC:Yeah I meant you. Sorry bout that.)

Fflewdur sat down.  "Hello my name Fflewdur and I am a thrumgolz dwarf. You are probably wondering what Im doing in Strata.  Well, I live seperate from my family near Strata.

"What is your name?[

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2003, 09:50:22 AM »

(OOC: Sorry Kareesh...I meant to say that you were younger than me not older. My apologizes. *bows*)

The elf nodded relief washing over her features.
"Perhaps...I shall."
Silence feel between them as both were at a loss for words. Kalina studied the elf, a scar was clearly visible running from her left ear down her jawline.
"How did you get that?" Her soft voice asking reverently.

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]