Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Thirsty Herald's New Years Party  (Read 47122 times)
Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« on: December 29, 2003, 09:51:22 AM »

The sun was just reaching it's peak when the first signs of life appeared within the tavern. Those residing in their rooms had long since gone about the business of the day, leaving an empty tavern clean of disturbances.

Unfortunatly, that was all it was clean of. The night before had created it's usual mess, including the stain of wine on unpolished wood and the faint oder that witnessed that some just could not hold their ale well. The hired help and debtors took care of the dishes, which saved the young innkeeper from having to scour the pots and plates herself. Needing only to rearrange the dish placements a bit, Ceridwen surveyed the damage.

A scrub of the floor would do the inn good, which she took care of quickly using a rough dishrag and a pail of wellwater. Though the dirtied water seeped onto her dress, along with the small bits of discarded substances, Ceridwen had prepared herself by tying her long red hair back into a rough ponytail and donning her oldest overdress.

The floor finished, the woman moved onto the tables and chairs. Dust was washed from the windows, letting the bright sun shine into the comparitively sparkeling tavern. Not too long after the tasks were finished, did the door open to reveal Kaikana and Ana, her fellow waitresses, followed closely by a small army of cooks, entertainers, and those who wished to set up booths.

Her part of the deal finished, Ceridwen let the others oversee the food preperations. Tonight they would be offering a new selection of foods that would become part of the normal menu.

Ceridwen crossed the stretch of road to her quarters and unlocked the door to her washroom. Peeling off her soiled clothing, she allowed herself a hasty cleansing before stepping into her gown for the night. The modestly necked  dress clung to her waist, before falling into long folds to the floor. Running a brush and a bit of scented oil through her hair (to tame the small frizz) she secured dark blue ribbons into her part, complimenting her outfit of the same color.

A quick glance outside warned her that most of the afternoon had been spent cleaning and prettying herself. After locking her door, the woman returned to the tavern, using the backway so she could make sure the garden was ready for use. Two people had already set up their kissing booth outside, taking full advantage of the romantic atmosphere the flowery scenery provided.

Ceridwen smiled and opened the tavern door to the public. The party was ready to begin.

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 12:54:22 PM »

Radaroc leaned back in the seat of his 4 wheeled, flatbed wagon, the brown muddied fabric of his bucket hat falling over his eyes to shield them from the early sun.  Derm was hauling the wagon full of fireworks across the road leading from Strata to the Thirsty Herald.

The troll sat upon the oversized wagon in his old brown linen trousers, his supple leather vest buttoned up over his broad chest.  The silver sleeves of his short sleeved chain mail tunic clinked as the wagon bounced along, the skirt held in place by his belt.  Derm was broad shouldered plow horse, his long gait moved them swiftly and surly over the worn road.

The forest troll peered down the path and could make out the shape of the Herald in the distance.  He wondered if he'd see some of his friends who he had met in the area: Shaint, Atrii, Gararion, Bobbo, Lucirina and even the brownie Raoneth.  They had all started out in the Herald before that roaring adventure.

He was musing on the old days when he saw that he had just about arrived he sat up straighter as the wagon pulled into the courtyard.  

I wonder who runs the place since Capher died

He patted Derm on his neck stroking the main for a few seconds.  He then took the final steps to the door, he almost stepped through when he smacked his face against the edge of the roof.

"Ach!  Still damned low doorways, for the vertically challenged.  I swear" he cursed under his breath.

He finally ducked his head in the open door, "Hello?  Anyone about?"

Expect the worse, that way, you're never dissapointed.

Adara Remine
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 01:10:22 PM »

A distinct thud, followed by a deep throated summons, drew the young woman from her post outside. Stepping through the open doorway that led from the garden to the tavern, she attempted to stifle an "eep". What on earth...? She expected a man--from the sounds of it a large, rough sort--not...whatever this was.

"Umm..." Adara watched as the...male...rubbed his head and looked around. "Are you perfectly alright?"

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 01:30:22 PM »

Rubbing his sore nose he stepped all the way into the old tavern, he glanced at his hand to make sure no blood stained the rough surface.  See it was free of any fluids he looked up to see a young human woman standing in the doorway that if memory served him led to the garden.

"Are you perfectly alright?"

He studied her more closely, she seemed familiar, but then again he had seen many humans and the faces all eventually blended together.  He took off the hat, jamming it into a pocket in his trousers.  

"Yes I'm fine, maybe a bruise but, its happened before." he responded, in his oddly smooth deep voice.

He glanced around most of the tavern was still empty but was for the most part, as he remembered it.  

"Anyway, I'm here for the party.  And, uh, my wagon's up front...would you know where I should put that?"

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 03:02:22 PM »

Tint was drifting off to sleep in the tavern . He had his back rested on one chair and the rest of his halfling body on another , covering his head with a yellow-brown hat . Suddenly he awoke and said :

"Well , whats this ? You go to sleep for a few hours and now they've gone and prepared for a party. Listen i know, im here, there is no reason to throw me a party."

Looking at Radaroc the forest troll he quickly got up from his chair and ran behind the table . " Wha -, help barkeep theres a troll here ! You lady, waitress get away hes a troll !!"

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 03:11:22 PM »

OOC: Tint, you are not titled yet.  You will need to post your character description in the Character Descriptions forum and get it approved before you can play here.  

Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 07:33:22 AM »

After calming down Tint realizes that the troll must a be a friendly one , curious to find out more he approaches and troll and with a wide smile he says " Hullo there trollie , whats yer name ?

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 06:15:22 PM »

With sunrise, Ana‘Mirl gets up and after dressing she looks in the bathrooms. She finds some fresh water to wash, though it is from yesterday. She makes herself a mentally note, that it has ot be replaced with fresh one soon.
Then she grabs her apron to protect her clothes and goes down in the tavern. All is still empty and dirty. The waitress yesterday has told her, they need help in the kitchen first, so she goes there and looks what kind of work has to be done. Seems a lot of cleaning dishes and pots is necessary. She will start with this, though hoping the helps in the kitchen she had seen yesterday would arrive soon, so that she can start with preparing things for tonight.

But first she has a look around in the kitchen, alone and undisturbed. Quickly she looks in every cupboard and table drawer, finds the storage room and when she hears first noises from arriving people, she is already busy cleaning dishes and tidying up the kitchen. As soon as the nice red-haired woman, who seems to be the innkeeper, will show up, she will ask her what  to do next. And tomorrow she would make fresh bred for her in the morning.

She is so happy to be here, that she doesn‘t even notice that her stomach makes noises from the lack of a breakfast.

When the innkeeper arrives, she has finished already part of the work. She learns, that the name of the beautiful red-haired woman is Ceridwen Anor (what a lovely name compared to hers!) and that of the other barmaid Kaikana.

As the day goes on, Ana'Mirl prepares the food for the night - not noticing, that guests have already arrived. Under them a forest troll. But nobody has asked her so far to SERVE,  so she hasn‘t noticed it, luckily.

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 02:37:22 AM »

Lucirina was wandering down the sandy road leading toward the Thirsty Herald... she remembered how this place had given her shelter and provided a place to recuperate her songs after many decades of silence.
It had been quite a while since she last visited the tavern, this was the first time she returned after her ordeal in Strata, she had found love and then lost it again.. and lost a dear friend.
She lifted a hand to dry away a tear that threatened to roll down her cheek as she remembered Capher, the kind old man that had treated her like a friend since they first met. She had helped his children to the world, but that seemed so far away it could well be in another world, far beyond the void.
She still felt a twinge of guilt when she thought of Capher... if only...
The elf pushed her long chesnut locks away from her face as the wind blew the long strands of hair over her visage.

She sighed as she spotted a carriage already in front of the building, so she wouldn’t be able to enjoy the memories of this place alone.
The wood elf sighed and headed into the in. Her eyes moved from side to side and she spotted a figure that seemed quite familiar.

“Radaroc?”

The soft voice of the bard was loud enough for the looming figure to actually hear her as she walked over the wooden floor, her naked feet not making a single sound as they stepped on the planks.
Why in Ava’s name would Radaroc still be in this place?  She thought he had returned to the north after their adventure in Strata.
Maybe there was more than just one troll in this place, but it seemed quite unlikely.

Radaroc
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 03:33:22 AM »

"Hullo there trollie , whats yer name ?"

Glancing at the hobbit Radaroc shook his head at the little one's shift in demeanor.  Squating down nearer the level of the hobbit Radaroc spoke,

"Name's Radaroc, and don't ever call me trollie again, ok?" he ended with a grin.  Once again standing back up, though slouching a bit so as not to knock his head again.

I wonder who all will be showing up to this.

"Ok!  Who's talking...what?  Oh, hello down there."

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2003, 02:45:22 AM »

Not long ago, the same cloaked figure approached the tavern. Once again the figure stood infront of it for seemingly the same reasons as before only more of a realization about the outside world and what it has to hold. Ignorance has left the young face of the elf beneath the hood and a sadness has taken its place. Perhaps a break from it all will do me good. So many adventures and many other people have crossed paths with her since she last sat under the Herald's roof.

Memories of the people she had met briefly that day that she had spent here...Kareesh in particular. A fascinating girl and she felt ashamed she left her so abruptly but something had called her away.

She closed her eyes for a moment remembering before she softly padded her way through the doors of the tavern, removing her hood from her features and glancing about the tavern for someone she recognized. A hobbit standing in front of a troll introducing himself caught her immediate attention. The sight caused her to chuckle, the hobbit had just called the troll a trollie. "Now that is something you don't see or hear everyday."

"My dear hobbit, you are the first I have seen to stand up to a troll. Probably will be my last but I was great entertainment," she chuckled nodding to the troll.
She realized she recognized the troll but thought nothing of it, she had met many in her travels and seemed to have trouble placing people properly.

"...Life is a story that is waiting to be written. It is up to us to make it exciting and unforgettable..." - Shara

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 12/30/03 19:16

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kaikana
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 05:40:22 AM »

Kaikana was already busy away in the kitchen. She had been helping Arlein, the chef of the Herald, will many various tasks throughout the morning.  Cutting up fruits or just grabbing items, she was working up a sweat either way. Arlein had much work ahead of him today if they wanted the buffet tonight to be a success.

Through the kitchen door Kaikana could hear the tavern filling up, it was indeed going to be a busy day. Carefully, Kaikana took off her apron and placed in over in the corner, she decided that she would help out a bit in the tavern for a while. With one swift movement Kaikana pulled the bun out of her dark blonde hair and let it dangle down on to her shoulders. With that she proudly walked out of the kitchen with a smile and headed towards a board hanging on the wall of the tavern, steadily she wrote.

Meal of the day – Lizgard bread rolls

Lunch along with all other Herald dishes will be serve upon request

Dinner Buffet begins at 6 , appetizers and drinks shall be served earlier.

Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 02:23:22 PM »

Blinking at the large troll, Tint says "Well...i'll be sure not to do it again eh , my apologies to you sir troll. Smiling he jumped up and patted Radaroc on the back. " No hard feeling mate".

Looking around at the decorations he looks back to Radaroc and asks "Whats with all these decorations ?"

Edited by: Tint Quickblade at: 12/31/03 6:27
Fredrick Salvones
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2003, 11:44:22 PM »

Fredrick tied Saline at one of the stables giving the stable boy 5 sans to look after his horse.
Making his way in he could see the begnnings of a new years party. He remembered the ones him and Saline used to have. All those many years back. He shook his head trying to hide the memories it brought back.
He went and sat at a seat looking round at the other people.. or things. Elves, A halfling, a troll. humans. A rather different group to be gathered all together. He reached in to his bag and pulled out one of his money pouches and waited to be served.

When what you believe is a silly old man sitting down to tell you his tale it would be best to listen for you may learn something about yourself in his story.

Adara Remine
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2004, 04:02:22 AM »

"They're for the party, of course!" Adara explained, smiling. "They're holding a celebration, which is why I'm here. I have a kissing booth out back."

There was a pause as the healer looked sheepishly at the two of them. The demands for healing were few (a fact she had mixed feelings about) and her coins were equally so. Though "kissing for coins" wasn't the most respectable booth, it kept food on the table. And as far as kissing was all she offered, she could usually hold her head up high.

"That reminds me...I ought to be heading back to my post," she said, eyeing the growing crowd. "I'll see you two around."

And with that, Adara headed bak to the garden.  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]