Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Thirsty Herald's New Years Party  (Read 47147 times)
Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2004, 02:07:22 AM »

"Hey ! Watch it i used to travel with a pirate and those tusks would be nice on my mantel ! Be polite im not going to do anything . Biscuit ?"

Tint offers Lortz a small biscuit.

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2004, 04:37:22 AM »

Ana‘Mirl hurries in the kitchen to see , if there is something to eat for the orc. There is a nice piece of baneg leg in the storing room, but it is raw, just covered with spices and honey to be ready for cooking tomorrow. Are orcs eating raw meat, or do they want it cooked as well? Ana looks desperately over the food supply, till she sees a nice big gammon, the hint quarter of a goat hanging from the ceiling. That had to do it. she puts it down and cuts it quickly in some big pieces. If the orc would pay for this was very doubtful, but what could she do, if nobody was here to help her and distract him?

When carrying the gammon out in the kitchen, she sees with relief, that the little man, Micro, is in the kitchen with Lori and Kaikana, who is weak, but on her feet again.

“Quick, Micro, Lori, one of you, run in the garden and warn the other people there if they haven‘t heard our guest by now. Take the backdoor and run around the house!“

But saying this, she already hears the orc shouting:

"I'm Lortz Thraka! My tusks can crush yah spine, scum..."

Was there another one trying to talk to the huge green beast?Well, by now all visitors should be informed!

Ana takes the plate with the meat, adds some vegetables and the rest of the spicecakes and, with a deep sigh, goes outside, back in the tavern , back to the living nightmare.

To her annoyance she sees and hears the other hobbit talking to the orc - and trying to threaten him! If she had not said, that Micro is dangerous, Tint would have probably had his last pipe. How only can men, especially such small men be so careless?

She puts her plate with meat in front of Lortz, ignoring, that Tint has offered him a biscuit. Maybe this distracts the orc and maybe she has saved the second hobbit live in a quarter of an hour?

“Here we are, Lortz. If you have eaten this, I need your help, I need an really strong guy to get our money back.“

An idea forms in her head....

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2004, 08:16:22 AM »

"Watch what?! Watch me chew you'r mantel, little brat!" Lortz shouted. A smal, pale man thretening an old warlord?! Lortz eyes grew dark as his mouth turned into a black hole, full of pointy teeth. "AARGH! Scum! I eat you if you talk, yah?!" As he directed a kick at the chair on which he once sat, he felt the smell of fresh meat. Keeping his eyes on the little man, he listened to the woman who were now standing beside him.

“Here we are, Lortz. If you have eaten this, I need your help, I nee d an really strong guy to get our money back.“

"First you say not fight?! N'now you gimme meat? Fresh man-flesh I hope?" Lortz said, now a little distracted from that darn hobbit. "I fight, I get yah money, n'you'll give me all yeh ale, yah? ... grrr, and I'll eat this small one!"

** Where da' brains fail, brute strength prevail! **

Edited by: Lortz Thraka at: 2/22/04 0:24
Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2004, 10:30:22 AM »

The kiss lasted for but a moment as he broke the contact of their lips. She swallowed heavily as he moved away. They had kissed, for the first time they had actually given eachother a true kiss.
As in a haze she watched him pull his ring off and place it in the palm of her hand and closing her fingers around it, promising to return and retrieve it.
Lucirina stood for a long time, simply looking after him. Her cheeks coloured red with a soft blush and her lips burning as in thirst, her eyes filled to the brim with unshed tears.
He would be back... she knew that.... but the distance just seemed so cruel and the separation so painful.
For what seemed like forever she continued gazing over the sands that had filled the footprints as soon as Robert disappeared, struggling with the desire of running after him.

Her thoughts were disrupted by the noise coming from within the tavern, she supposed that there was trouble within the building and decided to stay out in the courtyard. She was not a fighter, not anymore.
Instead she headed back to the kissing booth and the elf there.
Almost absentmindedly she placed the ring on her middle finger, it was a lose fit, but it would have to do.

Lori Lo
Little Brat
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2004, 06:36:22 AM »

Lori looks frightened at Ana‘Mirl, but then follows her, loosens her grip on Kaikana and runs like a bat out of hell out of the back door around the house, climbs over the garden wall, running to the booth and all the people standing around there despite the late night.

“There is......there is...... there is a huge green monster inside the tavern and the waitress only just manage to, to...he wants to eat Tint and...can‘t you come and help?"

Lori Lo

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2004, 01:55:22 AM »

She let out a sigh and peeked back into the tavern, watching the orc and the others.
So, is that the only way one could get a drink here? Scare the people and talk about fighting.

She shook her head and walked towards the kitchen door, peeking inside.

Do you think I could get some food out here, and maybe some ale aswell.. Or must I kick the doors and scream like an orc to get waited on?

She walked back and found a table to sit at, she didn't care much to ask why the lady was on the floor, or why more people were in the kitchen than at the tables.
She was to hungry to bother.

<edited for a stupid typo...>

hi, this is me.

Edited by: mystikskye lm at: 2/23/04 17:56
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2004, 05:56:22 AM »

The shouting orc still frightens Ana‘Mirl, but not as much as before. She hopes, that the other persons here will be a bit more sensible than the hobbits. But obviously she is wrong. The person looking like a child - though not acting as one, comes in from the garden, goes to the kitchen and shouts inside:

“Do you think I could get some food out here, and maybe some ale as well.. Or must I kick the doors and scream like an orc to get waited on?“

Then she takes a place at one of the tables. Ana‘Mirl is stunned. Well, it is her own responsibility, if she is stupid enough to sit next to an orc.

“No, Lortz, this is goat, we are her in a tavern and it is not possible and accepted here to serve ‚men‘. So please  stay here with your plate and ignore all these attempts to anger you. I see, you are a great leader I hope he is! “and you know, sometimes it is better to stay calm. Please excuse me now.“

What a long speech, I hope it helps!

After a quick look in the kitchen and seeing Kaikana on her feet again, looked after by Micro, Ana‘Mirl turns now to the childlike woman.

“Yes, it is a way to get your attention, if you look like an orc and shout. But normally, it is not necessary to do so. You have been in the garden, and  we don‘t serve there as soon as the sun has set. It is past midnight already, and normally the tavern is closed, but you are lucky, today is this party and so I will serve you a last drink before I close. What is your wish?“

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2004, 06:44:22 AM »

Lortz got kind of stunned as the woman talked back to him, sounding even more confident than before. And now one more (!) of those little ones has arrived, sounding totally calm and even said mean to the old Orc.

“No, Lortz, this is goat, we are her in a tavern and it is not possible and accepted here to serve ‚men‘. So please stay here with your plate and ignore all these attempts to anger you. I see, you are a great leader, and you know, sometimes it is better to stay calm. Please excuse me now.“ A'Mirl said to him as she turns away talking to that little girl-thing.

The little frog-boy in front of him did not seem to react to his shouting and kicking, and this made him even more confused.

"Da' scum is scared" he thought to him self, but was in fact a little scared for the first time in many years. He knew how to fight, but this strange woman tells him that fighting is no good? A leader need to stay calm? Experience had taught him that if one does not shout and kick, all his men would go sleeping or brawling. But then again, these people were something he had never met before

"Grr, you..." he said, but then he realized that he had very little to say. He looked down as he started to mumble for himself.

"Well, where all my ale, woman?!"

The History of Lortz Thraka

Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2004, 02:53:22 AM »

"I don't like you orc-face , you're rude , mean and not very polite. The stench of garlic on your lips doesn't help , i try to be nice , i try to be polite but you're a bit too ,duuuuhhh, (Tint makes a stupid face) . Take this biscuit , maybe it can teach you something about manners".

Tint throws the biscuit at Lortz and goes to sit outside, ready to run at any moment.

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2004, 04:42:22 AM »

".. i'm sorry.. I'm being rude, aren't I...
I've been without food and sleep for longer than I would prefer..

She let out a small sigh and rested her head on the table.
I'd like the strongest drink you have, a small glass of it, and if posible something to stiffle my stomache..

She reached up her sleave and pulled out a small pouch, pouring the few coins she had, she lifted her head back up and rubbed her small hands on her forehead.
"and a room if you have one..."

hi, this is me.

Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2004, 05:10:22 AM »

"I don't like you orc-face , you're rude , mean and not very polite. The stench of garlic on your lips doesn't help , i try to be nice , i try to be polite but you're a bit too ,duuuuhhh, (Tint makes a stupid face) . Take this biscuit , maybe it can teach you something about manners".

This caused a total breakdown in Lortz mind. He knew not what to do nor what the other ones would do. All he knew was that the biscuit-throwing creature had awsome magical powers, and that no one was scared by his shouts and growls.

Lortz figured that this might be an act of the gods, and decided to do something he had never done before. First he bent down and picked up the biscuit, and then he slowly walked out the door, following the hobbit. When he came outside in the dark, he threw the cookie back at the frog-boy, and then sat himself about a ped away from him, waiting for a response to his noble gesture

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2004, 05:45:22 AM »

“No problem, I get you some ale and some food, there are surely some leftover from the party.“

Before Ana could go on talking with the childlike elf, Tint the little hobbit accuses Lortz, the orc of being rude and throws a biscuit in his face. It is just too much for Ana‘Mirl after this long day full of events. With a sigh she sits down at the table with the elven child and looks at Lortz. But nothing happens. Tint is going quickly outside, but not running - and Lortz follows him very quietly without shouting or being angry. No noise is heard from outside, and Ana is too tired to look after both. The hobbit has quick legs and can hide anywhere - hopefully. So Ana turns back to the elf and says.

“If you don‘t mind, I‘m so tired, I close the tavern now and  bring you something to eat and drink to your room. I think this is the safest place for now anyway, this orc puzzles me.“

Ana‘Mirl goes to the kitchen looking after Kaikana, who is conscious, but still weak to tell her, that she closes the tavern now.

On the threshold between tavern and garden she claps in her hands to get the attention of all guests.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the tavern closes for today, the New Years party is over. I hope you have enjoyed yourself! Your rooms are ready. The tavern will reopen tomorrow morning for breakfast, but not before daybreak, the second hour! Good night!“

Finally she looks out of the door to see what is going on with Tint and Lortz, but nothing seems to happen.

“Sirs, I close the door now, if you want to come in, otherwise you may find a place in the garden to sleep, it is a warm night tonight. Goodnight!“

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2004, 06:08:22 AM »

As the two persones sat there, looking pretty odd together, A'Mirl's face appeared in the doorway saying:

Sirs, I close the door now, if you want to come in, otherwise you may find a place in the garden to sleep, it is a warm night tonight. Goodnight!

When Lortz heard this, asuming that this place is ruled by the power of god, he made a weird noise and then stood up . After all, he had not eaten his meat yet, and calm as he was, he did not want to kick in that stupid door once more.

And thus it went, that the old Orcish warlord made his way into the tavern, to the table with his food on, and began to slowly chew on the raw meat.

Kiushapo
Kissing Captain
Approved Character

Elf

« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2004, 09:21:22 AM »

Kiushapo had long since returned to his idle fiddling with a san as things happened around him. The smell of food had often tempted him to get up, but one had to make sacrifices for their work.

His partner was preoccupied it seemed, so he couldn't turn to her for 'business' either. Humming a ditty to stop himself from pacing, he was pleasantly surprised to find himself once again graced with the presence of the woman with the enchanting purple streaks in her hair.

Slipping the san back into his pouch, he stood from the booth and bowed slightly, offering her a warm smile “Welcome back! To what am I owing this returning visit?”

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Kiushapo's Story

Simple answers to life's questioning. T'would be a greater magic that I have ever been seeing.
Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2004, 10:02:22 AM »

Lucirina looked toward Kiu, her lips curned in a slight smile. yet her eyes showed worry and sadness. For just a moment ago she was standing beside the man she loved, and now the only thing she had left was the ring he had placed in her hand. She idely spun the ring around her finger as she glanced over her shoulder towards the tavern.

"Greetings again, One decided to return to the outsides of the tavern as it seems there is a bit of racket insinde the tavern itself. One didn't quite understand what it could be but...."

She was broken off as the small child that had guided her to the booth in the first place rushed over to the small group of people. The girl seemed quite scared and was trembling visibly.
Lucirina's green eyes opened wide as she heard the story of the child. She knelt in front of Lori and looked into the eyes of the girl, placing one gentle hand on each shoulder of the lass.

"Calm down little one, we will see what we can do."

Still kneeling in front of the child she looked over her shoulder at Kiu, as if asking him what to do.
But before any decition could be made Ana'Miril appeared in the back door of the tavern and announced they they would be closing for the day.
A small smile came to the lips of Lucirina as she looked back at Lori, she tilted her head and winked at the child.

"See... sometimes monsters are not all that bad.
One does believe that it is indeed time for some sleep."

She then looked more puzzled at Lori, as if giving a thought to a important matter. The elf slowly got to her feet and brushed the dust off her dress. She then smiled at Lori once more

"Do you have somewhere to sleep little one?
One has a room and One wouldn't mind sharing it with you for the night. Its not much, but its better than sleeping in the cold sand.
That if you don'y mind the company of this useless elf."

She winked once more at Lori, a small and playful smile on the lips of the elf as she waited for the answer of the girl.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]