Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The day after the New Years Party  (Read 30032 times)
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« on: February 25, 2004, 07:29:22 PM »

Injérà is about to rise, the light is getting brighter. Ana'Mirl is still tired as she opens the front door and the door to the garden again to allow some fresh air in. Having a slight headache, she decides to do a short walk to the beach.

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 03:21:22 AM »

As she reached the bottom of the steps she stoped and looked about the tavern, the doors were open but nobody was around. She yawned and made her way to a table, dragging her bag behind her.

She pulled herself up onto a chair and lifted a book out of her bag, opening it as she started to read.

hi, this is me.

Ilyssa
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 08:39:22 AM »

Ilyssa yawned as she turned over heavily under the sheets of her small bed. She eyes crumpled up in defence against the light streaming in the window of the room and she swung her bare legs drearily over the side of the bed so her unadorned feet touched the floor.

"I must have slept longer than I anticipated I would, it's lightthrive." She whispered to herself.

She turned to the table by the wall and collected her clothing, dressing quickly. From her bag she swiftly retrieved a small handful of coins and placed them beside the water which she splashed hastily over her face.

Once she felt suitibly covered by brown leather and black cloth she swung her satchel over her shoulder, pausing to deposit 7 extra san on the table beside the other small heap of coins.

"Here I go again." She whispered. She tiptoed silently from her room, shutting the door with a barely audible squeak. She crept down the stairs and out to the stables, purposfully avoiding all contact with other people. She stood in the stables beside Gord who whinied softly at her.

"Did you sleep well my darling?" Whispered Ilyssa, tenderly stroking the pony's nose. "It's time to go again." She untied the pony from the small wooden stump a rope temporarily constraining it and swung her leg over her back. Once astride she dropped a san on the floor beside where she currently sat and turned Gord towards the exit of the stables.

With practised finesse Ilyssa dug her heels into Gord's flanks and the pony moved into a relaxed canter from the stable. Gord's hooves dug up dust on the road, and the small clouds of floating granules were all remaining of the girl and her pony.

Ilyssa's Story

Edited by: Ilyssa at: 2/27/04 0:42
Lucirina Telor Vevan
Songbird
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 11:26:22 AM »

Lucirina was looking out the window. She had been seated by the window most of the night.
After she had led Lori up to her room she had promptly tucked the child in and sung a soft and soothing song until she was certain that Lori was sleeping. For a few moments she had simply watched the sleeping child, wondering how it was possible that such a sweet little girl could be all alone.
Then she had moved in silence, pulling a chair over to the window, leaving the shutters open so she could gaze out at the nightly landscape. The shimmering light from the moon turned the golden dunes into mountains of sliver and white. The breeze causing some grains to shift and move, as if they were small waves on a giant see.
Lucirina was thinking about the meeting with Robert. About the ring that was on her finger and that seemed filled with promises. Somehow it scared her. She was once more united with Robert, the man she... no.. it was too soon to say she loved him.
Her cheeks were coloured slightly red as she blushed, remembering the kiss he had given her. Her hand moved up to let one of her slender fingers brush over her lips, a slow and gentle caress, her eyes dreamy.
It was like this that she saw the sun rising over the dunes, once more making the sand golden.

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 02:11:22 AM »

A bit bored of waiting for someone to show up, she walked over to the kitchen door, pushing it open, but none in sight.
"Hello? What's that? Help myself? Are you sure?... Well if you insist.

She laughed a bit to herself and found herself a pint cup and filled it with water, looking around a bit till she found some tea leaves and a few other herbs.
How much for a pint of tea? Really? One san you say, well I guess I did brew it myself, so it sounds fair."
She chuckled to herself and dropped a coin on the kitchen counter, mixing the cold tea with her finger as she walked back out of the kitchen and too her table.
I think your having way to much fun talking to yourself Myst dear... she muttered to herself as she rubber her hands together, picking up the pint again as she continued reading her book, waiting for the searing spell to boil the tea...

hi, this is me.

Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 01:41:22 AM »

Lortz woke with a snarl. He had somehow fallen asleep under the table he was sitting at last night. Lortz usually slept very long, but this morning there was a cheerful little girl hopping around laughing loud enough to wake him up. When the little girl had walked past, the tired Orc sat up, hitting his head on the table.

"Ouaawr!"he shouted, waving his arms around him in frustration.

** Where da' brains fail, brute strength prevail! **

Edited by: Lortz Thraka  at: 2/27/04 17:42
Tint Quickblade
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 05:51:22 AM »

Tint gets up from the comfortable chair he had slept in (didn't get a room yet). Removed the book from his lap and started stretching about yawning.

After rubbing his eyes he jumped out of the seat as if he handn't just been tired.

"Breakfast ! What do we eat ? "

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 01:52:22 AM »

A certain human male called Credish stepped into the Tavern, feeling as though he is popping his head inside and disturbing someone, looking inside.

He should've been tired, but something made him wake up earlier. Deciding to give this early day a shot, he went to an inn called The Thirsty Herald, or so the sign said.

"It's been a long day... I wonder if this place is open yet? Oh, it seems so.." Credish thought for himself, as he started looking for the innkeeper, or someone similar of an innkeeper.

"I hate coming to these... public places. They are just too... full of people." he thought, pulling his mask of rags more close to his face.

Seeing a big male orc ("Oooh, he looks grumpy.") and a male hobbit, he did not think any of these were handling the inn in any way.

Not in the mood for any chit-chat with either of these two, he gave them both a slight second look, tilted his body against the wall and started standing with his legs crossed over each other. He closed his eyes, looking like he was standing asleep, and started to wait for something to happen.

"Maybe coming to this place wasn't a bad idea after all. I could use a drink. Now, where could that innkeeper be?"

Edited by: Credish at: 2/29/04 17:53
Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 06:21:22 AM »

Ceridwen was not surprised to see that she was not the first to arrive at the inn; she had retired from the party early and left it under the care of the waitresses. It seemed they had done a brilliant job in her absence; she would have to give them a raise in pay.

The young innkeeper smiled and approached the first unserved custumer: the spirited halfling. "All drinks are one san in the morning," she told him, "but we don't serve alcohal 'till midday. Some men come in here half-drunk with sleep anyway, we like to limit the damage." Ceridwen pointed to the bar, where assorted labeled barrels lay in rows, next to a large stack of cups. "Those are serve yourself. And if you can hold up ordering food for a moment, I'll be with you as soon as I make sure that man is alright."

After murmering a quick "excuse me", she headed over to the newcomer. His face was covored in rags, leaving only a slit revealing closed eyes. She wasn't sure if he were drunk or tired, though she hoped it wasn't the former. The untold reason for alcohal-free mornings was so she could slowly build up her patience; true to her hair color, the Kuglim was hot-headed.

"Sir?" she asked, coming to a halt before him. His covored face gave no hint that he had heard her, so she tried again. "My name is Ceridwen; I'm the innkeeper. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 06:34:22 AM »

It did not take longer than that. How convenient..

Credish opened his eyes, and before him now stood the innkeeper. To his mild surprise it was a woman. Since Credish hardly speak to women (because of his childhood hardly included any) he became somewhat nervous over speaking.
Upon concentrating his mind ("Come on, it's just a woman! You can speak to her as you speak to other people... oh, right, you hardly do.")

"I need something to wake me up a bit. You sure you don't sell any liquor?"

He tried to keep his cool, but it just wasn't easy. He started twitching his arm muscles to think about something else. He avoided looking into her eyes.

Edited by: Credish at: 2/29/04 22:55
Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 01:40:22 PM »

Oh heavens, even with his eyes open the man didn't put much use to them. With his eyes darting around as they did, it was hard to get a decent impression of him. But he seemed more nervous than dishonest (though she could hardly imagine what could be threatening in the Herald).

"Not for another six bells, give or take," she affirmed. "Though we have some hot tea that might do you well."

Ceridwen eyed his twitching arm and added "I could get you a cup, if you'd like. We've also got some dishes you may enjoy. And we have a few rooms available upstairs if you'd prefer some privacy..."

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 06:10:22 PM »

"Not for another six bells, give or take," the woman spoke. "Though we have some hot tea that might do you well."

"I could get you a cup, if you'd like. We've also got some dishes you may enjoy. And we have a few rooms available upstairs if you'd prefer some privacy.."

"What did the woman mean by the last sentence? Do I look like a homeless? Bah, well, how could they not think so.." he thought.

He finally concentrated his mind and stopped twitching his right arm. He noticed she had been eyeing it for a moment.

"Ah, hot tea sounds like a good idea. What would that cost me? And by the way.. No, it is nothing."
He almost asked her rudely why she had been looking at his arm, but it would do nothing but upset her.
"I guess a twitching arm looks a bit odd.." he spoke in his mind. He decided to be a bit more polite and give a better impression than he did.

But before this, he turned his head and looked outside. Not seeing anything special, he turned back at the woman, and now started looking her in the eyes.

Edited by: Credish at: 3/1/04 10:12
Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

Re:
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 04:00:22 AM »

Ah, finally, eye contact. The twitching had stopped and his eyes had finally settled; altogether a much less disturbing picture. Ceridwen smiled, "Good to hear you're alright.

"All drinks are a san each in the morning," she recited, gesturing to the bar. "You can serve yourself and grab any table you'd like; I'll stop by for your food order as soon as I help these others."

For it seemed the wrapped man wasn't the only strange character about that morning. From her position on the far side of the room, she had spotted a hitherto hidden orc beneath one of the tables. 'Well, thats a sight one usually doesn't get to see...'

Leaving the man to his own devices, Ceridwen flounced over to the (slightly damaged) table. "Mornin'!" she chirped, kneeling down onto her crimson skirts in order to make eye contact. "Anything I can get you?"

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 07:52:22 AM »

The fresh air coming from the Burning Sea works wonders and so Ana‘Mirl returns soon to the tavern. Despite her being away only for a short time, a lot has happened.

"Breakfast ! What do we eat ? "

shouts Tint who is obviously again hungry.

Ana‘Mirl waves to him calling:

"In a few minutes "

A new guest has arrived this early, a man with a face covered in bandages, but he seems to have no wish.

To her surprise, Ana sees Ceridwen kneeing fearlessly next to Lortz, asking him what he wants. Seems she was too fearsome last day. But that would change soon, she promises to herself.

The little childlike elf is here already and has helped herself to a cup of tea already.

The tea is ready to serve, but the tavern is not yet cleaned and prepared for the day, so Ana‘Mirl announces:

“Breakfast in the garden for all who wish one in ten minutes. The tavern is closed for a short time.“

She hurries in the kitchen to finish the last dishes and to prepare the Taenish eggs which are normally served in the Herald for breakfast.
Hopefully she has some time afterwards while the guests are eating to look after Kaikana - she has to ask Ceridwen first though, where her room is.

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 05:29:22 PM »

Grumpy as he was, Lortz gave up waving his arms around him, and instead remained under the table hoping that non of the evil mini-men would come to bother him.

But as always in this strange place, first thing that happened was that people were coming out from nowhere.. or at least that was what he though was happening. There was that dang frog-boy, a tall man (who seemed quiet wimpy to Lortz due to his face-expression), the little giggling girl who had awaken him from his slumber, and two of those strange womans, of whom Lortz was dazzled.

As a tip of the iceberg, one of the womans walked up to the sleepy Orc, knelt before him and looked him straight into the small eyes saying "Mornin'! Anything I can get you?"

At first, Lortz thought about screaming her right into the face, and started laughing as he found the thought rather amusing. But then again, he knew now that these people were dumb enough to give you ale if one simply did not shout, so Lortz stayed quiet

"Ale!" he then said, trying out his new technique

** Where da' brains fail, brute strength prevail! **

Edited by: Lortz Thraka  at: 3/2/04 10:45
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]