Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The day after the New Years Party  (Read 30031 times)
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2004, 03:10:22 AM »

Ana‘Mirl can‘t resist looking out the kitchen door to Ceridwen and Lortz, who both are a sight for the gods - Ceridwen kneeing to get to his eyehight, Lortz sitting uncomfortably under the table. Two days ago she would not have believed it if somebody had told her about this.

She has to smile, as the first thing Lortz orders is an ale - something Ceridwen not serves before midday. But Ana‘Mirl has an idea. Quickly she hurries to Ceridwen and whispers in her ear:

„Tell him, I make him a special one, extra for him, a morning ale!“

Back in the kitchen she puts some additional water on the fire for a  morning ale she has in mind, specially brewed for her green monster friend.

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2004, 07:51:22 AM »

Credish could not resist making a little smile, showing through his rags. Even though this orc was no one he knew before, he seemed like a nice fellow. If not nice then just plain silly.

In curiosity, and in need of someplace to sit to order food and drinks, he sat down at the neighbouring table of the orc.

He really pushed his will into saying something to the orc, and he spoke up;

"Hey orc, what is your name?"

Edited by: Credish at: 3/3/04 0:20
Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2004, 11:02:22 PM »

Still waiting for the womans response, the Orc heard someone speak up from behind.

"Hey orc, what is your name?" the voice said. He knew not who it was who asked, for he had been totally focused on the kneeing womans eyes, though he assumed that is was the wimpy man, because he was no longer standing where he had once emerged.

Lortz was now being confronted from two sides, and once again he was uncertain what to do.

"Ale!" he said once more, this time quiet loud, hoping that his ale would pop up from nowhere, as all the persons in the room obviously had done.

** Where da' brains fail, brute strength prevail! **

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 11:20:22 PM »

Credish almost burst out laughing, but decided it would not be the best thing to do at an orc, especially at such a buff one. The orc seemed very confused talking to two people at the same time.

"Hey orc, as soon as drinks are allowed here, I'll buy you a barrel of ale."

Remembering the money he had recieved from his sword master, he thought this would become more or less hilarious.

Credish CD

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2004, 05:13:22 AM »

An old man walked into the tavern and found himself a seat.As a waitress came his way,he introduced himself as §hændru and asked if he could have a white wine.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

mystikskye lm
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2004, 06:23:22 AM »

"hmm... breakfast... sounds good..."
She closed her book and slid it into her bag, lifting it onto her shoulder as she grabbed her pint, sipping the hot tea slowly as she made her way to the garden door, leaning against it for a moment before it pushed open.

She laughed to herself a bit as she sat in the grass, still picturing that orc hitting his head. She pulled out her book and opened it on the ground.

hi, this is me.

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2004, 06:29:22 AM »

Ana'Mirl has to look out of the kitchen again, but Ceridwen is still kneeing at Lortz, who has announced a second time, that he wants an ale.

Meanwhile another visitor comes in the tavern (he must have crossed the desert by night!) and seeing Ana he orders a white wine.

"Sorry, Sir, we don't serve alcoholic drinks in the morning, but you can have a fine breakfast in the garden in a few minutes if you wish. Please take a seat outside, it is lovely in the morning to sit there."

Then she hurries back into the kitchen to finish the promised breakfast and to brew the "morning ale".

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2004, 05:30:22 AM »

Almost forgetting about the temporary closing of the inn, Credish had been trying to bribe the orc with free liquor. Seeing a lady walking outside to either leave or recieve breakfast reminded him.

"Oh well, I'll just obey. I don't want to make any commotion."

He started fixing up his mask of rags, tightening it a little bit. He checked his pockets for money ("20 san.. well, I have more in my bag, it should be enough for now.") and walked outside to the garden, making a small nod towards the owner of the inn on the way.

Credish CD

Edited by: Credish at: 3/3/04 23:18
Ceridwen Anor
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2004, 08:52:22 AM »

It seemed the wrapped man had gathered his courage, for he spoke to the orc much more casually than he had to her (though she like to consider herself far less intimidating).  Ceridwen waited until the tavern emptied, save the two waitresses and their unlikely guest. With the space open once more, it was easy to see where Ana had found the desire to clean.

"I'll be getting that ale for you now," mimicking his bellows. "If you would be so kind as to wait outside for me?"

She abandoned him before he could answer, not inclined to listen to another earpounding "ale!". Behind her, she heard shuffling and another loud bump, which she assumed meant her was getting out from beneath the table. She hastened her steps, just in case his destination wasn't the garden.

"If he gets even the slightest bit tipsy, it's on your head," she greeted Ana, though she couldn't resist a smile. "I won't deal well with an orc of of sorts."

She took the cup and hurried out to the garden.

"Here you are, sir!" Ceridwen handed the mug to the orc. "I trust you'll be leaving our ears alone now?"  

Edited by: Ceridwen Anor at: 3/15/04 16:49
Lortz Thraka
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2004, 10:25:22 AM »

Having stood up for the first time this morning, Lortz stepped outside after having an interesting conversation with the woman. At least he knew that she would give him more ale, so he was satisfied for now.

As he stepped out in the garden, he saw all the strange beings, which had somehow disappeared from inside the inn without him noticing it.

After only a little while, before he had time to go kicking that wimpy man, the woman came back with his ale.

"Here you are, sir! I trust you'll be leaving our ears alone now?" She said.

"Don't wan't yah ears" Lortz answered, regaining a bit of his former self. He got his ale, and that was all he wanted. After receiving the cup he emptied most of it in his mouth (and the rest of it in his face), and as the cup went empty, so did his mind.

Left standing was a huge, muscular orc, with a little cup in his hand and with what had to be the strangest ale in the world spilled all over his face

** Where da' brains fail, brute strength prevail! **

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2004, 10:51:22 AM »

Credish's mood was on top. Even though he knew perfectly well how nervous he was, he had a great time. Mostly because the orc, finally recieving his Ale *chuckles* and drinking it as slobby as an orc shall.

Credish sat down flat on the ground, putting his backpack down beside him and took out was what inside. His own, ridiculously heavy sword. It's a habit of his; when he has nothing to do, he must either move around in circles (gaining nothing from this) or start using his hands to do something.

He decided to polish his sword; and that was exactly what he started to do.

Credish CD

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2004, 06:44:22 AM »

Ana‘Mirl hurries to get the „Morning Ale“ ready. Into the now boiling water she gives a variety of spices which are normally not an ingredient of a „tea“, including a small amount of foridus juice and pepper. At last she adds some meat broth, that will surely be the right thing for an orc.

And after a last stirring  Ceridwen is here to fetch a cup of the drink for Lortz.

Ana‘Mirl looks if the „ale“ pleases Lortz, and it seems, he is fine, but has of course emptied the small cup immediately. So Ana fills him the big tankard from yesterday (who else would like to taste it - surely no one ) and brings him the rest, well, taking it past him into the garden and putting it on a table there, hoping he will follow her.

“Lortz, I have some more of this hot ale for you, I take it into the garden. you surely want to have a breakfast as well?“

Ana‘Mirl doesn‘t wait for an answer, but hurries back in the kitchen where the breakfast is ready to be served:

Breakfast in the Thirsty Herald after the New Years Party

Pancakes with Foridus Juice
Brown Loibla, Semms, toasted bred from bredden grain
Butter
Melderapple Jelly
Redberry Jam
Cold Meat
Shendar Cheese
Fried Taenish Eggs
Peppermint Tea or Milch

Ana‘Mirl carries the plates out in the garden and puts them on a side table in the shade for the guest to serve themselves.
The sunshades for the tables are not necessary in the early morning sun. Injérà's rays are falling in  still quite flat, so they are of no use anyway.
“Six sans for a breakfast and you can eat as much as you want!“

Back in the tavern she starts to wipe the last tables and to clean the floor, hoping that the guests will be content till she is finished.

OCC:Credish, we have tables out there! I edited my post to clear this up!

Ana'Mirls CD and pic

Edited by: AnaMirl Goodwill at: 3/5/04 7:35

Credish
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2004, 09:01:22 AM »

Credish looked up over his sword, finding the breakfast plates on the ground. He was starving!

"I'm starving!" he thought, and then started chewing on those pancakes.

Finding the taste rather delightful, he got some mint tea as well, and then buttered some toast.

He enjoyed the taste of this breakfast. In fact, he had not had a similar breakfast in ages. In thinking all else tasted as good, he tried it all..

Credish CD

Captain Shaendru
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2004, 10:21:22 PM »

§hændru was outside,eating breakfast,when he saw someone who apparently loved this breakfast.§hændru got up and introduced himself,and took out a pipe as he waited for a response.

The poorest smart people can be sold as slaves, but the stupidest rich people will buy them.

Kaikana
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2004, 02:51:22 PM »

Juggling two overfilled baskets, Kaikana struggled to open the back kitchen door. Once in, she thankfully placed the two baskets onto the counter. She began to unload the items and put everything away. She could hear the Tavern busy again, like always.  But more than normal for mornings. Once she was finished unloading, Kaikana walked out of the kitchen to find Ana.  She instantly spotted her wiping down the tables and busy at work, like always. Hesitantly, Kaikana approached her.

Uh, sorry I wasn’t round earlier like I said, I… figured we need to get so more supplies so I went down to the market. Boy oh boy, it took me longer than I expected. I guess I’ll just finish up in the back, then help you too up front. Oh I see Ceridwens back.”

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]