Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 3: The Fight for Freedom  (Read 30874 times)
SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« on: December 03, 2003, 01:01:22 AM »

Most of the soldiers along the main road had their eyes occupied with what was in front pf them. A tall, white haired woman was walking gracefully past them, her legs showing due to the slit on the side of her dress. The woman smiled at the men, and even waved a bit. In a small village like this, she would rather take this approach than sneaking around. After all, she might run into some unwanted attention. From what she heard, she wouldn't have been the only one sneaking around at night. Apparantly, This Severine person and his friends was doing their share of snooping. A soldier had been sent to Blackwine due to some disturbance going on. Hopefully, the man would investigate the matter himself.

A rather chubby man walked up to the woman, and bow briefly. "Hello my dear lady," he greeted. "We don't find too many of you around here.

"Of course not...Voltaire." The woman let out a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you. I have a feeling that I'll be seeing you again soon...very soon... "

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 05:36:22 AM »

*Dray breathes a little in relief since the others have gone along with him and what he said. Dray looks over at Ardan and smiles*

"Well lets do what he said old friend and let out the prisoners"

*Dray heads over to the door with Phonia inside and opens the door. He sees another girl in the room who must be the other one they spoke about*

"You are free now, both of you, we are planning the assult now your input may be useful Ardan here is a good friend of mine and will listen to what you say be not afriad to speak up becuase this mission must succeed for this resistance to continue"

*Dray nods to the women as he leaves and goes over to Servine's room. He opens the door and stands there looking at Severine*

"We are beginning the planning for the assult now...they have agreed to let you act on your own and are not holding your sister prisoner. If you would help with the planning any ideas to help this mission succeed would be appricaited. If we fail in this the resistance may not be able to recover"

*Dray goes over and cuts Servine lose from his bonds and helps the man to his feet and motions him out the door*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

Sable
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 06:59:22 PM »

¡Get out of here! - told Sable to the others - they're going to send someone to the city, she would see us! And you have heard what they have said, they're setting free them. So let's get out of this window and enter by the door, right?

Sable, "There is a time you can only flee forwards"

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 07:16:22 PM »

Phiona couldn't hear much, even with her ear against the thick wood, but when she heard the soft thud of footsteps coming, she jumped back from the door.

It was Dray who stood in the doorway.  "You are free now, both of you.  We are planning the assult now.  Your input may be useful.  Ardan, here, is a good friend of mine and will listen to what you say; be not afriad to speak up becuase this mission must succeed for this resistance to continue."

Dray didn't seem surprised that Phiona was free from her bonds, but then that was reasonable considering that they left Tierria in the room.  Dray nodded to Phiona and then stepped away from the open door.  Beyond, Phiona could see people in the larger room, many of which she'd fought with at the gazebo.  The Avennorian warrior motioned for Tierria to join her, took her by the wrist and then walked cautiously out into the main room.  While noting where everyone stood, Phiona was also looking for Severine but instead she found herself face to face with a man she hadn't seen before, who'd been introduced as Ardan.  Most of the people in the room, like Ardan, looked desperate.  Phiona wondered why she couldn't see it before...

She turned her head and saw Dray in the next room, cutting Severine's ties.  Phiona was relieved to see that the Shendar warrior appeared uninjured.  She whispered to Tierria, "He's not hurt.  Let's watch him for any signals... no telling what we're to do next."

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

- Maximus Decimus Meridius

Edited by: Phiona Whitefire at: 12/3/03 11:18
SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 03:51:22 AM »

Severine nodded at Dray as if to thank the man, and stood up. Walking out the room with him, Severine looked around the room and saw Phiona and Tierria staring at him. Severine gave the females a reassurring smile, and walked over to them. He was about to give both of them a hug, but he stopped himself, and instead turned to Karla.

"If we're to work together, than I suggest that we forget about our past conflicts for now," he said. "Our mind should be on our objective." Severine was surprised at how he suddenly started showing some type of leadership. It was true that he wanted to forget what happened, so he decided the best way was to move on.

"The young man speaks the truth" said Karla. "I know that many of you still hold a grudge for what they did. In a way, I still do myself. But I'm starting to feel that we can trust them. For now that is..." Karla grew silent, looking over Severine, Phiona, and Tierria. "Where is the rest of your party members?"

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 04:03:22 AM »

Marlus was still in his room, reading a book, when one of his officers knocked on the door.

"Come in" said Marlus, and put down his book, to see the man walk into the room.

The officer gave a salute, and greeted his commander. "Good evening sir."

"What is it that you want?"

"Well sir, I've heard that suspicious activity is going on in the village. Some of the guards reported strange people sneaking around. There was even signs of a fight by the gazeboo."

"Well, do anyone know who is causing these disturbances?"

"Some say that those who arrived with Crestus in the caravan are the curious ones."

Marlus sighed for a second, and stared at the table he was sitting at. "I figured. If those people do anything that hinder us from completing our task, I want their heads...as well as Voltaire's. But My dear Ivory will take care of that one..."

The officer nodded, and grinned. "I'll give word to captain Briggs to send some of our men out to investigate the situation."

"Right." Marlus went back to reading his book. That was a definite sign for the officer to leave. The man gave one more salute before leaving and closing the door.

Crestus Voltaire...you scheming little bastard...

fflewdur
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 11:00:22 AM »

Fflewdur was silent as he made his way onto the roof. Normally he would just climb it but they were trying to be quiet and his climbing was noisy enough to alert the whole town. So he used the boxes to help him up the side.

When he reached the roof and the elf asked for ideas he racked his brain for ideas. He continued thinking vigorously as his companions conversed. Then he put his ear to the roof near the window. He picked up a few words with his sharp hearing and then stood up. He responded to Sable's comment by saying "Sable is right. We should go to the door. That is a lot less suspicious than dropping from the roof.

Luca the Thief
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 11:40:22 AM »

Luca was sifting through a crude lock picking set and came to the distressing conclusion that she wasn't quite sure of the type of lock she would be dealing with, in case the villians had installed a more complex system (though secretly Luca hoped for a challenge). Just to make sure, the half elf leaned over to peer into the room, and to her surprise, saw everybody talking quite calmly.

"Erm...guys?" she whispered as she sat up to look at the rest of the group. The rest of the party seemed to be involved with a new conversation, and Luca doubted any of them noticed. The confused half-elf tugged at Elraralia's sleeve like a small child begging a parent for a gift. "Psst. I don't think..."

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life"

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 07:00:22 PM »

"Where is the rest of your party members?" Karla had inquired of them.  

Phiona stifled a growl.  Frustrated, she turned and looked to Severine to see how he handled such inane questions.    Am I the only one who remembers we were attacked,  abducted and brought here as captives?

Realizing that she still had a protective grip on Tierria's arm just above her wrist, Phiona finally let go of the young healer.  Phiona took a deep breath and, remembering what Severine said about forgetting past conflicts, she volunteered, "We sent a couple of them to scout the village.  But that was a while ago, so they might be back at the inn."  

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

- Maximus Decimus Meridius

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 07:41:22 PM »

Beyond the orchard, hidden from view of the little house, a medium-sized contingent of men were quietly being deployed.  The company consisted of three small bands of men, each a dozen strong.  

The first group was called the Shadow Brigade, led by a particularly unscrupulous man known only as Malorn.  He motioned the experienced woodsmen forward and they all melted into the deep shadows of the orchard, as silent as their name implied.  They would utilize it's cover to get as close as possible to the house without detection.

The second band was The Death Riders, a group of calvary men and woman who wielded black-tipped lances and blades that dripped with poison.  They were led by a fierce horse-woman called Hagitha, who could ride a horse bareback for three days without tiring.  Her men were loyal to her alone and she was loyal to Blackwine.  This calvary was held in reserve, to give the other men a chance to get in place, then they would circle around from behind as a surprise attack... and to catch any stragglers from what was expected to be a swift and deadly skirmish.  In their favor, of course.

The last band- Redmark elite troops from the Legion of Rage- formed an organized squad in even rows of four men each.  They awaited their commander's word to start toward the house, where the rebels would be trapped like chicken in a coop.  On the word of Commander Wilhelm, the Redmarks began to double-time it down the narrow dirt path with swords held close to their bodies and bearing shields all blazing the same insignia: a bright-red flaming, defiant fist over a black sun on a silver field.  

The hustled march of the Redmarks was in perfect unison, each step the group took was testament to their training.  In a very short time, the house was in view.  There were a number of people huddled on the roof.  Wilhelm barked an order and the Redmarks closed in on the house.  They did not break to surround the house- even though they knew  there was a back door which most likely led out from the kitchen- because it faced the orchard.  The plan- to flush the rebels out and send them running into the orchards where they'd find certain death at the hands of the Shadow Brigade.

The people on the roof could see and hear them now.  With another order from Wilhelm, the Redmarks began to pound their sword on their shields to strike fear into their opponents... a typical strategy from this bunch.  

They fully expected these untrained rabble-rousers to flee in fear...  

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 03:13:22 AM »

The white haired woman sat inside the inn, drinking a small cup of tea. The woman was approached by one of Blackwine's men earlier, and told her what was to happen. The rebels were going to be killed once and for all. He also said the Blackwine wanted Crestus assassinated. If word was to get out that the Legion killed her merchant ally, then the other merchants would discontinue their business with the Legion and flee. As well as those who gave valuble information to the organization. So it was now her duty and hers only to kill this man. And anyone who found out about his death.

The woman known to few as Kylva Shinara and to many as The Ivory Fox got up from her seat, and walked upstairs to the room that she had ordered earlier. She paid no mind to the three men that sat at the table eyeing her. They looked like adventurers of sort, with one of them being an elf. From what she was hearing it seemed like they were waiting for some people to meet up with them.

Maybe they're the people who have been nosy as of late in this village, Kylva thought to herself. Oh well. it's not any of my concern. Not right now anyways...

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2003, 02:29:22 AM »

Ren laid in his bed, staring up at the ceiling for the thousandth time. He had been in the infirmary all day, bored out of his mind. He was in no conditon to move around, but wouldn't had mind taking a look outside every now and then. Gromelson and the others had visited him earlier,a dn wished himw ell. They said that they were to leave with Crestus soon, and wanted to know if Severine and the others wanted to accompany them. Tierria also stopped by to see him as well with a man named Eryk.

Tierria, Ren thought dreamily. I wonder how you're doing now?

As he began to think what it would be like seeing her again, a conversation yards away broke his train of thought.

"'Are you or your staff thinking of going outside?"

"Well not for awhile. Why you ask?"

"Well I came to warn every single one of you that from the looks of it, a very nasty fight is going to break out.Commander Blackwine sent out his best soldiers to wipe out those annoying rebels once and for all. Me, I'm nott he best soldier, so I'll stay here and watch from the window. Hell, you can hear the Redmarks beat their shields!"

"R-Readmarks!? He sent the Remarks out!?"

"Yeah. The Legion's own beserker force. Those rebels don't stand a chance. As well as that caravan group that is said to be sneaking around."

"Sweet Ava...when it's all over, bodies are going to be piled all over one another! You know...if one of those Redmarks lose 'control'..."

"Then it's all over for everyone. Yeah doctor, I know that. That's why it's best to stay inside. I've heard stories where villages that we had command under were destroyed by the Redmarks after they killed who they were supoposed to. Just because they desired to kill more people and destroy more things. Heh...the way I see it...these people don't stand a chance."

Oh no! thought Ren.  

Edited by: SeverineHalo at: 12/4/03 19:34
SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2003, 04:29:22 AM »

"I guess we can get them at the inn. We;ll explain the situation to them, and then come back. We'll also need to get our weapons from my room." Severine started for the door, and opened it.

"I'll come with you" said Julia. "I'll need to find William, and the others who were watching your group."

Figuring that Phiona and Tierria would follow him out the door, Severine tuned his head away from Julia, and stared in front of him. nearly eleven peds away, stood a whole brigade of armored soldiers banging their shields. The pounding sound began to make his heart shake as the young Shendar slowly backed away. His brown eyes widened in fear as the realization came upon him that they have been caught.

"Gracious Baveras..." he slowly said to himself. "Give me strength..." Severine quickly turned around, and pushed Julia into the house and closed it. Without hestitating Severine leaned against the door just in case if those soldiers were to try and rush in.

"What's the big idea braids!?" shouted Julia angrily, but her face went from anger to worry as she began to hear the beating of shields from outside.

Everyone in the room began to become quiet as the dreadful soun difted across the room and through out the house.

"Redmarks." Darmon's face had trepidation written all over it.

"One of the Legion's most vicious squads" added Karla, her face frozen with fear. "And the only squad where all of their soldiers can become beserkers."

"Beserkers?" Tierria looked helpless as she slowly began to back away, and behind Phiona.

"Yes." Richart stepped forward. "Controlled beserkers. When entering the heat of battle, their power arises where they slay anyone and anything in their path. With the exception of their commanders. They have control over their fighting skill making them even more deadly, but the lust for blood and destruction always linger inside of them."

"Oh really?" Severine sighed to himself. This was a long day indeed. "I guess you can say sarcastically that we hit the jackpot huh?"

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2003, 04:08:22 AM »

Gromelson walked into the inn with Duscil and Jacques. The three men have been looking for Severine and co. for hours and haven't seen them anywhere. There was a chance that they could've left already, but the inn keeper said that they haven't checked out yet. Looking around the room, Gromelson recognized the elf that was traveling with them from the caravan. Dipp Tide or something like that. Walking up to the man, Gromelson gave a brief wave.

"Excuse me, but have you seen that Severine man around here? Or one of those women?"

The shook his head. "I was hoping they would be here. But they're not." The man then went back to his food, and started muttering about how some half-elf girl ditched him in the fields.

A moment later, a bunch of guards enter the inn.

"Excuse me" said one of the guards. "Can I get your attention please? Everyone is ordered to stay inside! We have a situation that must be addressed. And we can't allow for anyone to leave the village or the buildings for that matter!"

"Why not?" asked Gromelson, narrowing his eyes.

The guard who spoke just smirked at him. "You'll find out when it's all over." When the guards started to leave the inn, he turned back to Gromel son. "Anyone caught leaving any of the buildings will be terminated on site."

Duscil shook his head. "Great..." the half-elf sighed. "This is just great..."

Edited by: SeverineHalo at: 12/4/03 23:17
Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2003, 07:48:22 AM »

*Dray heard the soldiers before he saw them. He headed over to the window and saw the soldiers stop as Servine opened the door. Dray stared at the soldiers as the beat their shields and they postions*

Hmmm very well trained soliders not an easy task to over come...armored too

*Dray listens to the conversation as he sets down his pack and draws his extra long sword*

"Beserkers huh....should be interesting then...well they have not idea how many of us there are. So some of you should sneak out the back and come round the sides to surprise them while a few of you come with me and face them down out front...only 12 of them you know and that many of us so I think we stand a chance. Just remember beserkers when they go beserk attack wildly and without reason. They leave themselves wide open to attacks at that stage...bide your time and strike quick and fast. *Dray croses to Servine and hands him a long sword* I want you to come out the front with me knowing your skills fron what I have heard you can hold your own at least long enough for the others to come out the back...who else will come with us?

*Dray draws his long and short swords and stands by the door waiting for others to reply.*

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]