Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 3: The Fight for Freedom  (Read 31163 times)
Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2004, 05:52:22 AM »

Phiona glanced quickly at the torn and bloodstained right-leg of her pants,  where she'd been shot by an arrow, but the stain was dried and the material stiff.  She returned her gaze to the black-robed woman.  "I am."

An awkward silence filled the room before Phiona broke it again, "Who are you and why are you here?"

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

- Maximus Decimus Meridius

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2004, 09:30:22 AM »

Ripp arrived at the inn with the others trailing behind him. Dropping Severine to the floor lightly, Ripp gave a nod of thanks to the inn keeper, and told him that he would take it from here. Holding the dorr halfway open, Ripp urged Tierria to come in quickly as she arrived at the door.

"We must hurry before the infantry spots us."

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2004, 09:47:22 AM »

Shrive always loved watching the sunset. To him, it was like watching a climax to a play. Sipping the fine wine from his class, he began to think whether the spy he had sent would be caught by that fool Blackwine. He told her to act as an observer of Kalyn. Simply an observer. He needed to know what was Marlus' intentions with that small insignificant village. He told the simpleton that the Legion wasn't ready to take areas that far south. They didn't have that much influence yet. Kalyn claimed that he trusted Marlus and had let him do as he pleased. Shrived sighed to himself. He was glad that he stayed here in Marcogg at the inn and not accompanied Marlus like Hawkeye did. He knew the man was jealous of his swordplay, and even with Iniquitus, he beat Marlus. Barely, but his speed was just too much for him.

Ah Iniquitus, thought Shrive dreamily. Such a beautiful blade. Your talents are being wasted by an arrogant fool. Shrive took another sip. When his ingnorance finally consumes him for good, then you shall have a new owner...

Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2004, 11:12:22 PM »

"My name is Kim, I am here on behalf of another to find out what is going on here."
Kim held out her hand.
"May I ask your name?"

Welcome to shadow world far under northern skies
Mountains and raging seas, valleys and icy winds Glory and majesty, triumph and victory
Legends and epic tales born between these dark lakes
For you a new one written with black blood
(Lyrics from Luca Turilli - Magic Horizons

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2004, 08:48:22 AM »

Severine's eyes opened a bit. The antidote that he recieved was starting to kick in. He found himself lying in the bed back in his room. Sitting up, his vision began to take focus. His body was starting to move normal again, as if he never had any poison in his body.

Did they find an antidote? he wondered, brushing his braids from the front of his face. Did everyone make it back?

"So you're up finally."

Severine turned his head to his right, and saw Tierria sitting in the corner. Her face showed no expression at first, but her friend could tell that she was trying to hold back the tears that were about to fall from her eyes. All Severine could do was grin. In a heartbeat, The Stratanian healer  was across the room and in Severine's arms, her face buried in his chest.

"Sevy!" she cried. "I was so worried about you! Don't you ever pass out like that on me again!? Your lucky I didn't have to drag your unconscious body across the dirt road and into this damn inn!"

Rocking Tierria slowly, Severine laughed a bit. The girl was quite comical when she was worried about him, but he knew that her feelings were true. Pushing Tierria slowly to look in her eyes, he asked her a question that he had a feeling that he might regret asking.

"Where's Phiona?"

Tierria hesitated at first, and slowly turned her head away. She knew that if she told him what happened, Severine would freak out and run head first into battle to rescue the female soldier. But she had to tell him. He was bound to find out sooner or later.

"S-she was captured...captured and brought back to him...

Severine's grin faded. His dark eyes began to narrow, going deeper into Tierria's eyes. She was telling the truth. He felt the power of the sword calling out to him...a voice. He also felt something esle inside of him...a dark rage growing at a steady rate. Saying nothing, Severine grabbed his sword from under the bed, and ran out of the room, leaving Tierria on the bed, weeping quietly.

Mother Serenity...please watch over your son...

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Edited by: SeverineHalo at: 1/30/04 1:02
SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2004, 09:16:22 AM »

Kylva Shinara leaned against the wall in the hallway of the inn, watching a headstrong young male storm pass her. She sipped the ale that once belonged to the late Crestus Voltaire and smiled at the boy's back.

"You look like you're about to do something stupid with that oversized knife of yours" she said, brushing back her hair.

The young man stopped in his tracks, and without turning back said "Why you ask? You want to join in?"

Licking her lips at the aggression in his voice, Kylva replied. "It's alright. I would rather watch...."

Looking back slightly, but not enough to see Kylva's face, the warrior said "Well you are going to watch a lot of men die this night."

Kylva's slanted eyes narrowed to go along with her wicked grin. "So...you wish to bring death to all those soldiers out there huh? Are you sure you will win?"

"No..." The young warrior began walking again. "I know."

Kylva stopped leaning, and stood in the middle of the hallway.

Then I'll be watching. Kayln...you may have the challenge you've always wanted... Kylva began to walk towards the stairs. If this boy suceeds that is. This boy who will become a man...

Edited by: SeverineHalo at: 1/30/04 1:17
Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2004, 04:46:22 PM »

She replied, "Phiona."  but she didn't  move any closer to the woman.  Even though she wasn't exactly afraid of Kim, Phiona sensed that the woman was dangerous.

"You walk freely among the compound, and even into Marlus' own room... on who's behalf are you here?"

Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2004, 12:56:22 AM »

Kim smiled at the woman.
"I am here to watch. That is it. What can you tell me about Marlus?"

Mountains and raging seas, valleys and icy winds Glory and majesty, triumph and victory

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2004, 12:34:22 PM »

"You did not answer my question..." she observed.  Phiona stepped over to the window and looked out at the mustering troops.  She hadn't realized there were so many!  Phiona guessed that Marlus had over four hundred men in this village alone, including all opposition the company had run into beforehand.  

If she were a praying-woman, Phiona would've called to all the gods to bless her friends in the battles to come.

She let the curtains fall back into place and glanced at Kim.  "Even though you side-step,  I will give you this much- Marlus is the most dangerous man I know."  

He is evil! She thought,  Evil to the core.    

"I don't know you... and I will not risk my neck by telling you anything about Marlus, as it might get back to him."   She thought about the scars on her back, from the last time she crossed him.  "No, you will have to find your own answers, Kim."  

Edited by: Phiona Whitefire at: 1/31/04 4:36
Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2004, 01:25:22 PM »

"... and the Redmarks were defeated to a man on the south side of the village, Commander.  No one reported back from the Shadow Brigade, but the Death Riders have returned.  We have four, eight-man patrols out right now, policing the roads and telling the people to stay inside on pain of death.  We've sent three extra squads to each gate- no one is coming in or leaving this village, sir!  There has been a recent report that the majority of the rebels have moved to the inn in the middle of town.  They have powerful friends, it seems... these are the same people that Voltaire brought here as caravan guards and most were staying at the inn.  I have mustered the remaining soldiers and they await your orders..."  Grimjaw saluted and took a step back, indicating that was all he had to report.  

Blackwine looked out over the lined up troops which numbered six.  Each troop was twenty men strong, with a competent leader, or so one would hope.  Additionally, the remaining Death Riders were ready to be sent out again, but in his own calvary, sadly, there were only thirty men.  Blackwine turned to Grimjaw.    "Send three troops to the center of the village.  You will lead them yourself, Grimjaw.  Kill anyone that doesn't look like they belong here.  Try to capture one or two of the strangers for questioning.  My calvary will back you up after the battle is joined."  He turned and viewed all the men with his black, starfilled eyes and even the most hardy of them could barely surpress a shiver of fear.  Blackwine called to one of the men who tended him, "Get my horse ready... I will see to these rebels, personally!"  But first, Marlus thought, I will speak with Hagitha and get her ideas on these 'powerful strangers'...

He turned and walked past the men and they all hailed him as he passed by.  Blackwine didn't acknowledge them.  Behind him, Grimjaw was already ordering three of the troops to battle, while setting the other three troops on active guard duty around the compound.

Blackwine approached Hagitha who was dismounted and standing next to her fine horse, as were all the other remaining Death Riders behind her.  "Well?  What have you to report, woman?"

Hagitha looked up with a bitter sneer that melted into a humbled fright when she saw his sorcerous stare.  Apparently shaken, she replied in a suddenly weak voice,

"We followed  Wilhelm's plan to the letter, m'lord, but those treacherous rangers did not back up the Redmarks as directed.... left the men out in the open to die.  I hope they all rot in a deep hole for all eternity!  The  Redmarks were defeated, and the rebels fought back with a zeal I haven't encountered in years!  They even withstood our black venom... I decided to bring back my Riders for a better planned battle, once I realized we couldn't rout the rebels alone!"

Edited by: Phiona Whitefire at: 1/31/04 5:27
Kim Sandrage
New Santharian

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2004, 09:37:22 PM »

Kim sighed at turned towards the door. She hoped Phiona would tell her something she could pass on to Shrive.
Looking back towards Phiona she shook her head;
"I understand your reservations, but nothing you say will get back to him. I give you my word as a Dark Priestess, a Kasumarii.  I will be in Marlus's office if you change your mind.
Turning round she opened to the door to leave.

Edited by: Kim Sandrage  at: 2/2/04 17:34
Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2004, 11:00:22 AM »

As Elraralia walked up the stairs from the tavern below the inn, she ran smack into Severine, who looked to have the fires of battle already raging in his mind.  Not only that, but it was hard to tell that he had ever been injured at all.  But at the same time, he shouldn't be rushing off to war, at least not yet.

"Whoa there" she said, as they both stopped for a moment, getting their bearings from running into one another
"Glad to see your up, but where are you off to?  And where is Tierra??" she asked, trying to figure things out, but then realized that Tierra must have told Sev about Phiona's little situation.  From the little that she knew of him, that was the only thing that could get him running off to save the day, other than to save Tierra that is.
"Wait, you're not off to rescue Phiona are you? This Marlus dude has already shown us that he is very capable of throwing three armies at us at once, do you really think that he won't have his own outpost crawling with those creeps. You do realize that you will be killed before you even reach her.  And if that happens, what good will you do her then??  Because from what I have seen throughout my life, dead warriors are  a bit less helpfull than live ones.."

Luca the Thief
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2004, 11:41:22 AM »

Luca was sitting in the common room among the others that had returned to the inn. Taking a bite of some fruit, Luca glanced around at the strained faces.

"Alright folks. Would somebody please have the decency to fill me in on what on Ava's good green earth is going on?" she asked to nobody in particular.

Glancing up the steps to where Elraralia had gone, the half-elf saw that the elf was talking to the suddenly revived Severine. "Oh great..." she muttered, taking another bite of her snack, "The last thing we need is Braidbutt going off and getting himself killed...again."

"Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life"

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2004, 01:46:22 PM »

*Dray was sitting down relaxing and having a drink with Ardan when Severine bumped into the elf he had healed trying to go somewhere..*

"Dray:She is right Severine...your better off alive right now than racing in there trying to save her and dying...come join us down here so we may discuss how we are going to go about saving Phonia and continueing the mission"

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2004, 08:51:22 AM »

Severine's eyes never made contact with any of his companions, but their words were making sense to him...somewhat. They say that the wise thing is not to head off into battle...but all Severine could think of is the horrible things that Marlus could be doing to Phiona at this moment. She suffered enough. The villagers suffered enough from being opressed by these rebels...anyone who was innocent suffered enough. It was time for Severine to put an end to this.

"But not now, Severine."

Severine's eyes widened a bit. It was the same voice that was calling out to him ever since he was unconscious. The voice of his father.

"Severine...listen to them. I brought you up to think wiser than that. If you truly loved her...you would think through on this and complete the task that you promised you would do."

"F-father?" Severine's voice was low, but loud enough for everyone around him to hear. He got no rersponse. Shaking his head slightly, Severine looked at everyone who was looking back at him, even the ones whom he didn't know. He saw a few men standing up from a table. They looked like mercenaries, or rather ex-soldiers for some kind of royal army.

"Excuse me sir, but we've been hearing about the situation that has been going on. We usually keep to ourselves, but this time around we'll gladly give our services." The man who spoke gave a low bow. The other two men bowed as well. "We are ex-soldiers of the Centuoriran army."

Severine nodded, slowly coming back to his senses. "I would appreciate it if you would lend us your swords. May I have your names?"

The tall man with black long hair that was speaking for his men stepped forward. "My name is Bradley. The blonde haired man standing next to me is my long time friend Kyle, and the short browned haired one standing behind me is our dear comrade Seth."

Severine waved at them. "It's good to have you wih us. Right now...we'll need to think of-"

"Ripp!"

Severine tunred his head towards the door and saw the elven water druid run up to it with Duscil poking his head through it.

"What is it?" asked Ripp

"I-it's the soldiers! We were holding them back for a bit...but...but now all the brigades are moving towards the center of the village!"

"Isn't this the center of the village?"

"Exactly!"

Curising under his breath, and Ripp then turned around to see Severine awake and staring at him.

"Uh...hello there fearless leader. Looks like we've got quite a situation on our hands, doesn't it?"

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Edited by: SeverineHalo at: 2/3/04 0:54
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]