Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OOC 6 (Out of Character)  (Read 20457 times)
Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2005, 11:48:22 AM »

When I'm away, people post like bandits on a spree.  When I come back, they all disappear.  What... do I stink or something?  *Sniffs armpit*  Nope... no stinky.  :thumbup

So post, you all!  POST!  :)

Phi

Kyros the Ghost
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2005, 02:20:22 PM »

RL suddenly reared its ugly head again this week, so I've regrettably been absent from my computer for a while.  Plus the more I write the more the story spirals out of my control into the realm of the absurd.  In any case, my next post hasn't been forthcoming because it introduces another NPC who I wanted to have a suitable CD for before I posted.  Hopefully I'll be able to pull a late night session and get everything worked out.

"The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound of it, but you know not whence it comes and where it goes."
      -John 3:8

Kyros the Ghost
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2005, 04:00:22 PM »

Name:  The Blessed Elder Julien of Marcogg (Or "Father Julien", the traitorous priest responsible for getting us captured)

Personality:  As one of the Elders of the Nehtorian temple in Marcogg, Julien feels a paternal responsibility for his order and for the city as a whole.  Unlike many followers of Nehtor, he wholeheartedly embraces the power and respect that come with his position, as he believes that he is naturally suited for this role and seeks to use the power that has been given to him for the best.  His concern for the city has led him to become involved in politics on several occasions, and he is more willing than most Nehtorians to use the end as a justification for the means, even if this leads many to denounce him as a hypocrite.
In person, however, with his guard down, Julien can be grating and disagreeable.  Years of being revered as more than human have taken their toll and left him somewhat resentful, particularly toward other priests who shirk their responsibility to the outside world.  He has little patience with mystics and idealists, who he considers to be living in a fantasy world far removed from their real world responsibilities.

History:  Julien has few memories of his life before entering the service of Nehtor.  His parents were traveling entertainers who could not afford to care for such a weak and sickly child, so they left him in the care of the Nehtorian temple.  This left him both extremely grateful to the Nehtorians and painfully aware that he was a burden and a reject.  He devoted himself singlemindedly to training for the priesthood, to the point where the other novices, and even many of his teachers, considered him to be odd and somewhat suspect.  His zeal, wrongly assumed by most to be false, gave him a reputation as a people-pleaser who was using the priesthood to get ahead in life.  When the time came for him to be ordained, there was nobody to congratulate him.  The priest officiating at the ceremony went hurriedly through the motions and then left him alone to ponder his situation.  He was now a Nehtorian, but somehow his brothers had turned against him.  The laity, on the other hand, respected and adored him, all the more because he lacked the decorum and distant reserve that often characterized Nehtorians.  He had no qualms about descending from the temple and traveling to the worst parts of the city, surround of teeming crowds of admirers, to heal the sick and preach to the lost, with no protection other than his reputation.  He soon gained the reputation inside the temple as a dangerous maverick, and even an egomaniacal cultist.  However, due to his extreme popularity and undeniable gift of healing, nobody dared stand in his way, and he continued to rise in the ranks, eventually becoming one of the Elders of the city when a mob of his followers surrounded the temple, demanding that he be elevated to this position.  For his own part, Julien has little respect for the opinion of his colleagues, even going so far as adopting an orphan girl, claiming that she possessed the gift of Nehtor, and announcing his intention to train her for the priesthood.  When anyone would remark on the impropriety of having a female Nehtorian priest, he would chuckle, “Don’t pray too hard for my death, or I just might be succeeded by a woman.”  When the Legion began to take control of Marcogg, they contacted Julien, revealed their true intentions to him, then threatened to drive the Nehtorians out of Marcogg if he failed to cooperate with them.  He agreed, realizing that standing on principle would only lead to disaster.  Since then, he has publicly used his influence to support the Legion while secretly aiding in the escape of those fleeing the Legion’s dark side, trying to be useful enough to them to be kept around yet not so useful as to do more harm than good, and keeping watch for a chance to stab them in the back when the time is right.

Comement:  Not quite polished.  I'll try to do more later.

Name: Melya  (Originally Melissa Anastasia Yindra, Melya is her adoptive father’s pet name for her)

Race/Tribe:  Human/Avennonian

Appearance:  Melya is short and somewhat heavily built, being in good physical condition.  Her face is disfigured with scars from a knife fight, and she prefers to keep it covered with a mask.  She is certainly not physically attractive by any stretch of the imagination.  When in the Nehtorian temple she usually wears a priest’s robe in order to be less conspicuous, and to conceal the fact that she is anything other than just another healer.

Personality:  While the stereotypical Nehtorian is supposed to be caring and empathetic, Melya maintains a clear distance from others and their problems, not letting outside concerns affect her personally.  Though this may make her seem to be uncaring or even amoral, she is actually quite devoted to Nehtor and in all her years of underground activity has not taken a single life, even risking her own to avoid bringing harm to others.  She simply regards Nehtorianism as a matter of following certain principles rather than of feeling empathy for others.  She prefers to be alone with her own thoughts and shuns the company of others whenever possible.  She always feels a need to be in control of a situation.  In fact, uncertainty is the one thing that can provoke a strong emotional reaction from her.  As a result she

Brief overview:  Melya is the youngest of six children boor to a poor woman in the city of Marcogg.  Her father died when she was a few months old and her mother abandoned her at the temple of Nehtor, knowing that she could not support so many children alone.  Melya was quickly identified as possessing the gift of Nehtor and adopted by the Elder Julien, who had himself been rescued in such a manner and who saw her potential and wished to train her for the priesthood.  Though it is not normal for girls to be taken on by the priests as apprentices, the Elder was adamant, knowing that Nehtor had a plan for her.  From this time on rumors were spread by his enemies that the child he had adopted was actually his illegitimate daughter by a prostitute.  Despite his best intentions, it soon became apparent that she was quite adventurous and rebellious, and showed little desire to live the life of obedience and quiet service that was the lot of most servants of Nehtor.  As she became older, she would sneak out of the temple looking for trouble.  After she was arrested for burglary and vandalism on several occasions, her father decided that her energy had to be channeled in a more positive direction.  He told her that she would serve Nehtor as a spy, gathering information on the temple’s enemies and sabotaging any plots against the work of Nehtor.  While he had qualms about using his own daughter for such a dangerous purpose, he also knew that she was probably the only person in the world he could fully trust, given that his “brothers” believed him to be a hypocrite and would stab him in the back at the first opportunity.  For training, he sent her to study with a master thief who the Nehtorians had saved from execution years before.  After several years learning the trade and living as a member of the underworld, she returned to the temple where she lives by day as a contemplative in total isolation from the world, venturing out by night to do the Nehtorians’ dirty work in secret.

Comment:  In the first draft she was a warrior monk, but then I realized that introducing a Nehtorian warrior monk would create all sorts of trouble for the CD moderators when some new player wanted to play one and pointed to this story for support.

"The wind blows where it wills, and you hear the sound of it, but you know not whence it comes and where it goes."

Dray Ducroix
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2005, 04:44:22 AM »

Hey Kyros can you avoid using that purple color text I can't read it unless I highlight that text. THanks

The difference between a brave man and a coward....is facing your fear instead of running away

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2005, 06:00:22 AM »

I read the story-rules and i loved the part about shaping the characters into the story ( to avoid solo-play)

Quote:

Right now we're at a crucial part in the story where a lot of stuff is about to unfold. while is is hard to fit in characters...at the sametime is a great way to introduce new plares who have interestign backgrounds. between these damn mid-terms...lol...i'll try to find time to examine new profiles and work with you people as best a si can to give u a great entrance in the story. If it worked ofr Luca...it can work for you
from SeverineHalo

I was just peeking around at the story to possibly join at a later point as it progresses.....

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2005, 07:07:22 PM »

Fwee. Short, crappy post... but didn't have enough time to write something longer out and wanted to move that part of the story on. *nods*

-----
"You won't cry for my absence, I know.
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant?
Am I so insignificant?

Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?" - 'Missing' by Evanescence

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 03:48:22 AM »

That's ok.  Hahaha!  You said what needs to be said and that's good enough.  It's hard to do long, drawn out posts during a conversation.

Rheine is lucky that Phiona doesn't have anything invested in her, or she'd have to lay the smack-down on the girl.  Well, that and Phiona is wounded.  Where the hell is that brownie-healer when you need her?  Oh yeah, we left her in the woods...  :(

Phi

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2005, 05:20:22 AM »

damn you to hell up coming finals!!!

sry...just wanted to get that out my sytem

and now...for the drama...

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2005, 09:29:22 AM »

Sorry about the hold up on the dance floor, my family and I have been in Washington DC, and with the plan my father had set out, I barely had time to breath, let alone check the email.

I should be more regular what with that and finals out of the way...

Phiona Whitefire
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »

Heya!  Those three guards that Tythle just took out... are they in front of our cell, or is that where the others were taken?  Or were they just stationed at an intersection some ways away?

I need to know before I post.

Cheers,

Phi

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2005, 06:59:22 AM »

they are far away from the cell in the opposite direction

Kyros the Ghost
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2005, 03:00:22 PM »

Ok, I finally got around to writing another post for Josh.  I can be rather slow in getting ideas actually onto paper.

And yes, the guards are a ways away from the cell.  They're guarding the stairway to the ground floor of the temple.

Elraralia Horfiwiel
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2005, 03:29:22 AM »

Quick question for either Sev or Phiona

With the whole dance thing that is going on, is Elra supposed to find anything out in particular, or just keep nosing about until something unearths itself?

SeverineHalo
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2005, 04:20:22 PM »

something will unearth itself when I post as Tierria

"Once again, the lone soldier walks off into the sunset..." -Anonymous

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2005, 04:45:22 PM »

Sorry about not getting around to posting lately. Family issues that have resulted in me phone cord being pulled out of the room means I have to sneak on (like now). Will write a post tomorrow at school during lunch. *nods*

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]