Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Story #16: JOINING  (Read 17130 times)
Rhorik
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 11:58:22 PM »

Hello Ive read your post I would still like to join and am willing to wait till you stop at another port for me to join up. Idont know if you would want me to drop my CD in the forum or what
but i would still like to join!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept
off to.

Character Description

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2003, 01:41:22 PM »

Hey.  Of course you may join, though it may be a month or so (real time) before we reach another port.  It all depends on how the postings go.  

By the way, the CD link in your post didn't work.

M

Calanthe De Cadenet
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2003, 05:48:22 AM »

Hi,  I'd like to join too, can wait, I suppose!.   Posts limited to mon-thurs (mostlY), luckily I try to write a form of introspection in so that they can bibble in the background when I'm off line.  Let me know if thats a prob tho.

"Stand in my way if you like, little man, but I will use your chest as a foot wipe"

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2003, 07:36:22 PM »

Well, Calanthe... uhm, how exactly would a "perfume maker" fit into an epic adventure such as this?  I mean, I really appreciate your wanting to join this game, but why would your PC even want to go?

I haven't read your CD so I don't know if there is more going on with your character, but please, before asking to join just any story, you might want to consider the type of story you are getting involved with.  This story is going to put the PCs into very real dangers and all will need to be useful in some way or other.  Warriors we have quite a few of, but we will always need more; healers will be necessary, as will wizards and, occasionally, the rogue-types.  This isn't a vacation boat, though.  Each character will be expected to pull his or her own weight.

Give me a valid reason, other than you just want to join in the writing fun, because for a non-fighter type to join in, there will have to be some real motivation.  I look forward to hearing your views on this.

M

Edited by: Muargath   at: 11/13/03 11:39
Valtime
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2003, 11:23:22 AM »

I may be intressed in joining this RP. I still have to get titled and even evaluated by two mods.:|  

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2003, 05:26:22 AM »

For those people interested in joining, it looks like The Dark Ship's next stop is the port town Eanin, off the Icelands Coast (check the map- Peninsula of Iol).

Just a bit of info for those who like to plan ahead.

Muargath

"There is serenity in Chaos.  Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."

Rhorik
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2003, 06:40:22 AM »

I know sorry about that but i fixed it so now you can look and can you tell me what I should like send you or do for me to join do you want me to give you my entrance.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say. "You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept
off to.

Character Description

Edited by: Rhorik at: 11/16/03 22:42
Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2003, 05:30:22 AM »

You can join, Rhorik, but you must wait until the ship reaches the next port.  When it does, I will start a new chapter and you can begin there, ok?

Tiaa Lywin
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2003, 09:07:22 PM »

Could Tiaa join in the fray? She is not a warrior, but a cleric of Grothar...she could be useful. I also can think of a reason she would come along. She is searching for the ancient books of all the Grotharian female clerics known as Weather Witches. Her search could require that she boards a ship to some place *need a name* and she boards the Ghost Ship...or maybe...ummm...yeah, I think I will just let her be invited on the ship. I don't know why though...I need a reason to go, perhaps because I...man!!! :explode  

Edited by: Tiaa Lywin at: 11/28/03 2:21
Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2003, 08:59:22 AM »

Tiaa, it wouldn't be common knowledge that the people on the ship are searching for the Book of Knowledge, except to the people already on the quest, of course.  If you go that route, you'll need a very good explanation on how you came by that information.  It will need to be handled carefully too, because Gaynor might think your PC is a spy. (He grows more paranoid as he gets closer to his goal.)

Anyone who wants to join this story must do so at Port Eanin- located off of the Icelands Coast in Northern Sarvonia-  You'd need to figure out why your PC is there and why your PC would even step foot on such a wicked-looking ship in the first place.

Once docked, there will be no formal recruiting by anyone on the ship, nor are there any advertisements as such, but the ship will be taking on supplies, loading and offloading cargo.  

One cannot stow-away on this ship, either.   The ship's enchantments won't allow it and you would be found right away.  (The Captain is aware of every living soul on the ship.)  Chances are, you'd be put off the ship before it left port, so best to approach the ship openly.

The Dark Ship will not be the only ship at the port, so saying that you need passage somewhere is not a good enough reason to approach this ship.

The best way to get on board is to approach one of the people who are enjoying the short stay at Eanin.  Strike up a conversation and perhaps show how useful you could be to Gaynor's quest (even if you don't know of the quest, you can prove your worth) and hopefully be brought back to the ship because of that.  There are other ways, too, so be creative.

If anyone wants to join in and have a secret agenda for their PC, the player need only contact me @
Dragon_tarot@lycos.com
and put "The Dead God's Book" in the subject line so I don't accidental delete the email before I read it (I get a lot of spam, darn it all).  We'll get a dialog going and perhaps create a great new plot direction.

It is also ok to plan stuff  for the PCs with the other players.  This can best be handled either in the OOC thread or via email, although if you do the latter, I'd appreciate it if someone clues me in...

Anyway, welcome, welcome.  A cleric is always welcome!

Muargath

Roland Hamaton
New Santharian

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2003, 05:58:22 AM »

I was looking at this a while ago and never posted because you said it was going to be a month or so, figured I would just wait.

Now you are there so now I shall ask. I would like to join; it’s an interesting, though some times hard to follow, thread you have here. I am currently in another story, honestly I don’t know if that is a problem or not. I should be able to post, even on my busiest of days, once ad ay.

As for my character, eh... I am going to email you shortly after writing this as to a possibility but other than that, I don't really know. Roland would do anything for riches, so maybe if there where riches to be had he would be extremely interested. The book alone Roland would love to get his hands on, who knows how much he could get from selling the book. If you have any other ideas there feel free to let me know.

Biggest problem I see is Roland is very much spy/assassin material, making him subject to be suspected, like you said "Gaynor might think your PC is a spy".

If your to lazy to look at my link to see about my character, very basicly he is a Assassin/Theif out for revenge and money. He is not the same as the typical Assassin/Theif, or so I would hope not

Mercenary for Hire (Assassin, Thief, and Acquirer of Information) My Character Info.

Necro Weftylner
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2003, 02:32:22 PM »

Heya Roland, Muargath here.  I sent you an email just about an hour ago.  I hope the information is enough to get you started.  If not, reply and we'll work it out.

No, I don't mind how many stories you are in, just so long as you can keep up.  When we are going strong, everyone here is posting at least once a day.  Slow times seems closer to 2-3 times a week.

So far, the story has be pretty straight-forward, with introductions, character building and a straight-line plot.  I expect that, sooner or later, many twists and turns will happen, along with the possibility of the group being separated.  I am still considering if I should split the threads at that point, but we'll see.

Meantime, welcome!  Post whever you are ready.  :)

Muargath

Roland Hamaton
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2003, 02:37:22 PM »

Just replied to that email and I shall post just as soon as I get a reply, it shall efect my first post, mainly just the size.

Mercenary for Hire (Assassin, Thief, and Acquirer of Information) My Character Info.

Muargath
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2003, 04:16:22 PM »

Sent it.  Hope to see your first post soon!

M

"There is serenity in Chaos.  Seek ye the Eye of the Hurricane."

Rhorik
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2003, 11:17:22 AM »

I see that we have landed at the dock and I am here to give a plan on how I can join the group.......

I think I could be sitting in a bar watching two people from your crew conversing about the the voyage.  I just happen to overhear them and think to myself that I have to join you guys.  Then a drunk sitting close by starts up with one of your crew.  The owner soon settles it but I notice the look in the drunks eyes that says he is not through with him.

He walks over to the table adjacent to mine and starts talking to his friend when I get a glimpse of a dagger in the drunken sailors hand.  As he walks towards your men from the back with the instincts to kill I soon realize I must help them and quickly grab my dagger concealed from view and stab him in the back right before the sailor brings down the knife on your crewman.

Your friend realizes I just saved his life and thanks me gratefully.  Then offers me anything in return for saving his life.  I recall the voyage they were talking about and remember what I promised my father about making a name for myself and ask them if I could tag along.  They notice my sword and my body build and realize I could be of help on the dark roads ahead and they head off to ask you..

This is the basics for my plan I am wondering if it would be ok for my pc to join and I shall be waiting to see if you will agree.  Of course it would need a crew member to help with the joining but im sure someone would gladly do it.  If you would like to email me my email is wmc1117@hotmail.com  :clap

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]