Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Side-Plot 2: The insane Cleric  (Read 6162 times)
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« on: January 14, 2005, 05:04:22 AM »

In the tavern

THE SHIVERING WOODS

Hazim works in the inn „The Shivering Woods“. Actually, he owns this inn. However, in these days it is not easy to run an inn. It is difficult to get the supplies needed, for the droughts followed by thunderstorms ruined all the fruits and other things needed to cook and serve the guests, so he has to ask for quite high prices for imported goods, which are paid, though not without protest.
On the other side, the need for meeting and discussing things is great, and where else should the citizens of Horth gather, if not in the „Shivering Woods“? All the disaster which stroke Horth the last months is sitting in the forest with this name, but so far nobody could be found to go there, for the  forest  is known to be a haunted and feared place. And so all the simmering anger and the frustrating situation in general leads to a sometimes quite heavy eruption among the guests, and there is not one old chair left in the tavern.  

Today the InjŹrá is again burning from the sky, like the last six weeks, and no single cloud can be seen. The people will drink a lot, fortunately he has got only recently a huge load of fresh beer from Salzair, so a nice income should be guaranteed.
Hazim shuts the door to prevent the air in the tavern becoming hot too early. But in the moment it is still possible to sit under the arcades, running in front of the once noble inn. The mugs are all freshly cleaned and Li‘eli, the barmaid, is ready to serve the first guests.

Unknown
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 10:47:22 AM »

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 07:06:22 AM »

IZZALDIN

Izzaldin watches the mercenary capturing the strange elf and dragging him behind the palisades.
Suddenly a fire explodes out of nothing at the northern side of their camp. A strange fire. Morcanaan orders his young priest to tie up the elf, but something strange happens. a man like a shadow enters the camp, gets rid of the young priests and takes the elf on is back - even manages to climb the palisade - so much for a shelter if the first attacker manages to get over it?

Morcanaan orders the clerics to go into their huts, and Izzaldin waves to the boys to follow this advice, but doesn‘t think to follow it himself.

He goes after Morcanaan and barely sees the shadow man flee into the forest with his burden , for a while he is distracted by the fight of a ... a ferret? with a burning tail with Morcanaan, then all is over. Morcanaan has entered the forest, but the beast and its master are hiding.

Izzaldins eyes get small. It is his mercenary who was attacked and fooled... this should change...

He raises his hands slightly - just a bad old habit, for it wouldn‘t be necessary, and the conviction, that Grothar is backing him straightens the old mans back - and then:

Lightning, one after the other is making the forest as illuminated as if InjŹrá would follow its path under the trees. No second which allows the darkness to crawl back into the branches.

A man and a beast, both trying to hide, are exposed as if sitting on the market place of Horth.

H.Kupfdrubus

Edited by: Hieronimus Kupfdrubus at: 3/13/05 23:06
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 07:29:22 AM »

For a moment he had not been sure what to do; he could not find the hunter in the dark.

The the lightning began, and he saw him-crouched, like a Lingradau ready for a spring. Morcaanan smiled, then with a shout leapt at the man-he was an enemy, and must therefore die. But the mercenary had not seen the ferret, and was therefore not fully aware of his potential peril.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 11:43:22 AM »

The lightning throws off R'vahr's hearing, he is dazzled by its tremendous output of sonic force. His mind feels crushed and battered. Just as his mind begins to clear a new force shatters his conscious. The hot pain of a steel blade slashing into his shoulder. It bites deep into his muscle and rebounds off the bone. The new slash intermingled with the constant haze of crushing force that impeded the movement of his leg and he began to black out.

His hand immediately drops the spear that he had been holding in anticipation of his foe charging. It clatters uselessly across the caked earth. His mind shut down and left nothing but a beast. Without a thought his left arm, as of yet unwounded, swings forward. With a roar that would shake the bones of a Argrothin Bear he executed a low slash to eviscerate his foe.

Mephér was not about to let his companion fight it out alone and without a sound jumps for Morcanaan's vulnerable throat, claws stronger than mithril reach out to grapple with the man's neck and a maw full of steel needles prepared to pierce the jugular of the aggressor closes sharply, yearning for the feel of soft flesh and warm blood.  

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 3/15/05 0:56

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 04:43:22 AM »

He saw the blow coming, and sidestepped to avoid it. But that did little to stop the black creature from above.

He felt something claw into the back of his neck, and quickly whirled to throw it-whatever 'it' was-off of him.

The ferret went tumbling away, but not without leaving some very painful and bloody scratches in Morcaanan's neck. With the blood trickling down into his collar line, he lets loose with a roar of his own he sends his booted foot into the strangers stomach and brings the hilt of his blade onto the back of his head, in an attempt to drop him and finish the fight here and now...

Edited by: Morcaanan at: 3/15/05 20:45

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 11:03:22 AM »

R'vahr rolls aside trying to gain his footing, and inadvertently misses the oncoming kick. He can feel the pressurized air whirl past his side, then the pommel of Morcaanan's blade smashes into his back, sending him toward the leaf and blood strewn earth with a heavy grunt. His head pounding and the pain of it all is antagonizing so the new shock of the blow is barely felt against the throbs of sweltering fire that torment his mind a the moment. This is what I get for helping a guy out His senses are getting cloudy and he knows he will not last for much longer. He puts all his remaining speed and strength in a last ditch effort. He looks through Mephér's dim eyes, causing the vast pain ripping and thrashing inside his skull to grow to massive proportions. The vision is out of focus and to wide. Everything moves with an odd twist and it makes him want to retch. But he sees himself falling to the ground, and he sees Morcanaan, from behind. He can see that the warrior is without armor and what little he has left of his sanity rejoices. He concentrates hard on what he sees as his body slams into the earth. He memorizes just where and how Morcaanan is standing. Then as he rebounds back up a few nailsbreaths into the sky he closes off the weak link and rolls midair to the left, so his back is to the blood splattered earth. Using that momentum he slashes with the last of his might to the area where he now knows Morcaanan's right femoral artery is. His father had taught him of the importance of gaurding the insides of your legs, as this artery runs across the soft flesh and can bleed a large man dry in minutes. He knows that the blow is both unexpected and fast, and hopes that that is enough to save him from an untimely end. Because the blood is streaming down his back in a very unpleasant manner and he has realized that if he does not see a healer soon, he will never use his arm again.

R'vahr's last attempt at fighting the aggressor is further aided by Mephér. The ferret had landed on his feet from being tossed aside. A strong man to flick off a steel grapple so easily, not to be underestimated. He charges with his body low to the ground. Quick and crafty while Morcaanan is distracted. Once he reaches the human's left leg he slithers up, tearing at the flesh with his long curved claws. He opens his jaws wide, clamping down at the thick thigh. Thus he impedes Morcaanan's movement greatly.

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 3/16/05 3:15

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 12:58:22 PM »

He saw the incoming blow; it was aimed at his leg, for the soft spot-if it struck it would have been fatal.

The ferret unwittlingly lost the fight for his master: his teeth sank deep into the mercenaries thigh, and with such force and pain that Morcaanan dropped to the earth, taking the attack from the hunter to his side in a glancing blow.

Even as he dropped he crushed the scorcher beneath him, pinning it to the ground. In an act of desperation he lashed out with a kick which slammed into the hunters face; with a WUMP the stranger dropped to the ground in a heap.

The ferret was also unconcious, Jeharaids weight having been enough to knock it out, and had released his hold on Morcaanan's leg. He struggled to his feet, felling unusually tired. The lightning and thunder had stopped, and Morcaanan soon had placed the ferret on the mans chest, then dragged them part of the way back to the palisade.

When he was in sight of the huts, he dropped the unconcious man and stumbled over to them to rest, calling for the clerics. He needed help for healing for both of them.

The strange elf was gone...none knew where he was.

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 10:38:22 AM »

R'vahr awoke as the pitiful sun rose. He had a masterful headache and most of his body was screaming in silent agony. His shoulder was worst of all. The bleeding had stopped at least, and this was something to take comfort in. He was not going to die from the wound itself. Though strange sicknesses were known to take those wounded in battle. He had noted that Mephér had curled into a ball atop his chest and was sleeping peacefully. That had been about an hour ago.

Now he turns to address the cleric who has entered the hut with him. The man smells of herbs and flame, and is probably the head healer in these parts. He grunts at the small man and wonders where his weapons are. he had awoken in little other than a loin cloth and wanted his things at this moment. R'vahr bears his teeth at the newcomer as does Mephér, though R'vahr is more in an aggressive animalistic way, and Mephér in a noble protective way. Strangely the large ferret seems more human than the small man. The only item of his that they had allowed stay was the red sash around his eyes, which had been quickly replaced after they lifted it over five hours ago. The cleric does not seem to be very worried, as R'vahr is bound hand and foot and of course is blind.

R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 3/25/05 18:32

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 06:33:22 AM »

IZZALDIN

Izzaldin was not very happy with the outcome. The mercenary was good, but this blind man had made too much trouble. He was staring at him, then ordered Mirnan to look after both, for he was the one with some skills in healing. Not clerical abilities, he just knew, what to do with a broken leg or how to use herbs to heal a wound, for his mother had been a herb woman.

Then, with a sigh, he retreats on the other side of the clearing, to where the palisade had an opening now.

Was this blind man send by the town? Did they already send murders out to kill him, pay such strange assassins to hunt him?

Why else has he attacked the mercenary - first this strange elf , then this blind man had tried to save the elf, rescued him, now he was gone. That the town already hired foreign killers frustrated him, but made him proud at the same time. he would not give in! He would show them, who was in the favour oof the god, who was on the right side!

This night he would send rain, in places only, so that it would be devastating , without bringing relief. And he rose his hands, and the storm over Horth began again.The camp itself was quiet this time.

MIRNAN

Izzaldin was giving him orders, and so he followed them. He looked after the blind man, tended is wounds and asked Paoll then to tie him up - carefully though, to not to hurt him more than necessary. Then he went to the mercenary and looked after his wounds, silently. What should he say? all that was pure insanity. A mercenary to fight for a cleric, an attacking elf first, and then this strange man.

„What is this for a strange man?“ he asked Morcanaan. But he shrugged only with the shoulders, not knowing it either.

„Morcanaan, I know it is not your fault, that man is inhuman strong, and you brought him down at least. My ointment will do a miracle to your bruises and wounds till tomorrow, though you have to be careful with the bite of the ferret. Go and sleep, there won‘t be any attacks tonight, I‘m sure - and if, then it is Grothars wish.“

That said he went and tried to get a little sleep as well. But soon he has to get up again, Paoll is calling him, the dark man is awake. He goes over to him to look after his wounds. When he notices, that the sun is shining through the  open wall of the hut he is lying in, he quickly closes the shutter.

Both are making threatening movements, the man and the ferret. Why have the others not taken care of the ferret as well? How should he look after the wounds of the man? He must  be full of pain again, the ointments don‘t work this long, and he might react different, being obviously from far away.

Mirnan worries slightly about this man, who has fought their mercenary so hard, blind as he is. But his wounds need to be tended. So he approaches carefully, full of good intends and addresses both, the ferret and his master.

„Don‘t worry, I won‘t do any harm to you, your ties are only to protect us. But I need to look after your wounds, see, if the blooding in your shoulder has stopped finally, or if you need new herbs. Could you tell your ferret, to allow me to touch you? I have some fresh water for you to drink as well.

And maybe, if you have had a drink, you can tell me, why you and your elven friend have attacked or guard and protector? We didn‘t any harm to you .“

H.Kupfdrubus

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 02:55:22 AM »

A moments pause follows the man's words. R'vahr then slowly closes his writhing lips. "Mephèr will not hurt you. He is a gentleman." This seems to be amusing. Mephér closes his mouth and seems to almost bow to the other man. Even more strange, the ferret has a talon scarred into its forehead. Obviously not a normal beast as it is more than double the size of an average ferret and has no fur. Also its large claws are seemingly metallic as are its needle like fangs.

R'vahr's lips are cracked and dry, and his shoulder is still causing him a fair amount of pain. His right arm is out of commission so he reaches out with his left, which feels far to light. Water sounds very good. He hopes this man could heal the arm, he has no need for more debilitating injuries. He keeps silent though, and "stares" at the healer. He purposefully leaves the questions unanswered, he thinks about what these might mean. Assassin?

R'vahr the Hunter

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 08:39:22 AM »

MIRNAN

Mirnan looses the ties of the blind man, then he helps him to drink from the cool water of the well. The ferret seems to know - better than his master - that there lies no danger in this young man and jumps of the chest of his master, though observing what he does closely.  After tending his injusries again and securing the hurt shoulder, Mirnan lies the man down again.

„We are sorry, that you are injured, bet we don‘t know, why you and your elven companion have attacked us. However, we are only simply priests and want to live in peace. You may leave, if you wish, though I would not recommend it. I have talked to Morcanaan, our mercenary, to allow you to leave. However, if you come back or try to do harm to us again, he will kill you next time. Good bye!“
And then he goes out , like he had come, silently.

H.Kupfdrubus

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 03:02:22 AM »

Those words worry him. He shakes his head slowly. Elven friend? I am never helping another man again. He reaches over to the wounded arm and gingerly tapped the raw flesh. It seems that there is not infection, he was lucky. He rests his head back and lets a sigh float out from his chest. He was going to have to leave. First he needed his equipment. Mephér jumps up onto his chest and he smiles, this would not be so hard. He spoke in his native tongue, slow and soft into the ferret's ear. Mephér jumps off and goes in search of the items in need.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 03:31:22 PM »

Pikel finally finds the camp. The village of Horth had hired him to take care of this cleric who had been controlling the weather, hurting their crops. This is his job.

He stays out of sight of the camp, not wanting to draw attention to himself until he was sure what he was up against. The poorly constructed palisade had burned down in a place, What happened there? Pikel wonders. He stays in a spot where he can see inside the camp through the hole made by the fire. He takes note of the clerics, and the mercenary, but has yet to see his mark.

I will wait until nightfall, then I will enter the camp, he thinks, as he finds a place to hide, and be able to see the inside of the camp.

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 04:12:22 AM »

Morcaanan was resting, but not sleeping-for one, he was worried that more attackers might come.

Secondly, the pain in his thigh made it difficult to seriously consider sleep.

He ran a whetstone over his blade, sharpening out the dents and dings from the night before. His hand moved reflexivley,so much so that he did not even watch his work, merely keeping his eyes on the surrounding trees and forest, half an ear cocked toward the cabin to listen for the captured blind man.

'Blind!' he thought with disgust. 'The boy almost killed me and he's blind.' Obviously, you could never judge someone by appearance.

He glanced round for Izzaldin. That cracked old man was why he was here anyway...

He put down his sword and picked up his bow and notched an arrow casually. If someone attacked, it was unlikely he could just leap up and tackle them with his sword. Until tomorrow anyway.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]