Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Side-Plot 2: The insane Cleric  (Read 6163 times)
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 06:50:22 AM »

IZZALDIN  

Izzaldin is an old crazy man, he may be insane, but that doesn‘t mean, that he is blind or deaf. In contrary, he notices more, than a sane mind.  His senses are heightened, due to he constant fear of being killed. well, actually he has no fear, for he believes, that Grothar will protect him.

And so, while walking around and ordering his young men to do this and that, he senses, that again somebody is near , who doesn‘t show. The birds on the side where the palisades have a hole have stopped to sing. The kuatu which always jumped from tree to tree at this time is gone.

He is angry, he hates the town for sending people after him, not seeing, that his draughts and storms are the cause of it. He is in a bad mood, because this blind man was able to hurt his mercenary. He has to do something. He has to act.

So he goes to his young men, to Mirnan, Paoll, to Trims and Wolf.

„Pray, pray that my prayer will succeed, for we are in danger, and I will save you!“

And his young men gather in one of the huts - and pray, for they are used to obey his will. They prayers are not as strong as they could be, because doubt is interfering with the success, but still, they are strong.

And Izzaldin steps in the gap of the palisade, lifts his hands, and his eyes are facing the sky, and then he murmurs without voice. And it doesn't take long, and a wind arises, soft first, but getting stronger and stronger, till finally, a storm evolves between his hands, directed outwards, away from the camp, and the burned sides of the palisades channel it, give it its direction. The storm is strong, the leaves are torn from their branches, the trees themselves bend - or break, all lying in one direction - away from the gap in the palisade. A road of chaos shows its path. It is only a few peds wide, but not much has resisted its strength.

The storm doesn‘t blow for long, but it is strong enough to pluck a man from his hiding in a tree and lasts long enough to carry him for several strals till it releases him. The man is lucky, bushes and shrubs and finally a  cushion of moss soften his fall down to the earth. However, he hits the ground hard enough to get knocked out for a while. Luckily, he lies not far away from the road connecting  Ximax and Horth.

H.Kupfdrubus

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 03:01:22 AM »

Morcaanan was just a little startled by all this. He had just noticed the strange quiet in the wood on the other side of the damaged palisade when, all of a sudden, Izzaldin began a small storm and blowing it in that direction. He was startled by the man being plucked out of his tree, but even more so by the storm that had been whipped up so neatly and quickly. He stared at the old priest for a moment...then made a decision.

He whistled to his mare, who trotted over quickly and readily. With a struggle he mounted, than called Wolf over.

"I am going to look for that man" he said. "Keep an eye on your master, I don't think there will be any danger, except maybe from the boy we have tied up inside. I'll be back as soon as I can."

He started out, heading a bit south and west, onto the road which led towards Ximax. He found no trace of the man, but he wondered if he had been scared off...so he kept going in the general direction of the City of Magic...

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
InventorHex
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 12:39:22 AM »

Rowena sighed as she kept walking, she had no idea where the cleric was. She hoped to find them quickly before that assassin got there but sadly didn't know exactly where they were. She had heard the tavern talk of a cleric of Grothar hiding in the woods and that an assassin had been sent to kill him. Rowena was horrified at this as a worshiper of Grothar herself she felt she should try and warn them. She decides she might aswell start on the road and had been walking for sometime. A storm starts to brew in the distance. It doesn't last very long through. Strange She starts to run towards it but then sees a figure flying through the air. She stops and changes direction and continues down the road to where she thinks the man landed.  

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 01:11:22 AM »

'He couldn't have gone this far' thought Morcaanan and turned back, heading in the genral direction of Horth. The pain in his thigh was noticeably less now that he gotten a little excercise, so he picked up his pace and kept going.

He saw someone up ahead - a woman from the looks of it - running down the road...on his guard, but infinitely curious about her seeming concern, he went forward to meet her, though what was that thing on the ground?...

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 01:36:22 PM »

R'VAHR

R'vahr feels that he is healed up. There are too many guards surrounding this fool of a cleric, it is time for him to leave.

Come Mepher, undo my bonds. It is time that we leave this place, said R'vahr in his mysterious tongure he uses with the ferret.

Mepher, with complete understanding, chews through R'vahr's bindings. R'vahr grabs his things, waits until he hears minimal noise outside, then makes a dash for it, Mepher leading the way. He leaves the village to deal with the madman by themselves.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 05:39:22 AM »

Izzaldin felt his age. His limbs were aching, his sight was not as good as it was years back, and his strength left him. He was still the probably most powerful clerical person around, and his prayers were fulfilled as if they were Ximaxian spells. But he started slowly to doubt, that his storms and bad weathers could change the opinion of the citizen of Horth about him. And he didn‘t bother anymore. So apart from blasting this person away who had lingered in the trees, he wasn‘t in the mood to pray for any big events concerning the weather. Instead he just talked silently to his god, and the first times for months, a gently rain fell - in the forest.

Horth was broiling in the heat. A damp heat, for there was a wind coming from the Shivering woods which brought moistness. But no rain. This was a weather which made the people even more aggressive than normally. Clearly thinking was impossible, frustration was growing.
And so several men decided to make an end to all this and set out for the forest.

Mirnan felt the cool wet on his face, and suddenly he thought at Lie‘li, the barmaid in Horth. Would it be a feeling like this, when her hand would touch his face, gently and soft? He didn‘t know, for he never had a girl, he was always focussed to his god, though it was not forbidden to bed a woman. He was tired of sitting in the forest, and though he loved this crazy old man as he would love the father he never knew, he knew as well, that he was going insane. Should he talk to Paoll?Or one of the other two? He didn‘t know. He wished he could speak to the mercenary who protected them, he would have a different view of the whole thing - maybe. But he was gone. Mirnan put his face in his hands, and he didn‘t know, if the moistness came from the rain or the tears.

H.Kupfdrubus

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]