Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OOC XIV: TTH Firstflame - Day two after the fire  (Read 137162 times)
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 04:43:23 AM »

Ok you two are frightening me, remind me to never consult either of you about cosmetology or skincare........ ever.:b    

(`._he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath_.)

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/25/06 20:46

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 05:59:23 AM »

Quote:
(as powder, not grinding a rock in your face)

:rollin

*just imagined this*

Ana'Mirl Goodwill

AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 05:49:23 AM »

Twen, I edited my first post here, so I met you in the tavern , before anyone else is here. Then your mentioning me in your post is fitting as well. And please no "Lady", I'm surely none! I thought we are friends from old times.

To the tenses - I just saw, that we have four mods.. but well, let it keep past tense, but it is VERY important that all post in the same tense, all story mods require this as I have seen. It doesn't do any harm to adjust one's post to this. The Herald is here to learn roleplaying, so we should ask our players to write their posts in a way, so that you can read all things well!
And every post should have the same tense... Thorgas, that is a bit your problem, though your posts are mostly well written.

Orril, would you please colour your speech different to your sig? I'm tired of rereading it again and again ;)

(You can change the colour of your sig as well, need some special colours, other than those ezboard provides you with?)

Ana'Mirl Goodwill

Edited by: AnaMirl Goodwill at: 5/25/06 21:56

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 07:14:23 AM »

Well, you can remove me from the mod list if you want. I might drop by again later with some char though.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
AnaMirl Goodwill
Sleeping Innkeeper
Approved Character

Human, Stratania

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 07:23:23 AM »

Why that, Marvin? I just mentioned it, because of the deciding about the tenses, (is that an english way to say it?) and with three it is easy, but I overlooked Teri, so we are four and could have theoretically a stalemate. Just didn't remove you from the tavern in the "who's where", for I thought you might  come in soon..

Ana'Mirl Goodwill

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2006, 06:37:23 AM »

Well the Lady title is kind of my character as she was raised in a wealthy family. Heck Twen even called Thorgas, M'Lord. Just trying to stay IC like and if you notice she doesn't do it all the time. It is more like a slipup for her because she is so use to talking with others like that. Just another perk of her speech, she uses yee instead of you as well and yee is not even a word to my knowledge. It might be some form of Old English ~shrugs~ but I'm not sure, it is only to add flavor to her speech.;)      

Drasil: Your bird is a bird, it could really careless if you have clothes on. It would be quite unconcerned if you were strutting about naked to tell the truth. Hence there is no reason behind it having any concern over what you're wearing.

This would be similiar to my fish hopping out of it's tank to express a dislike of me wearing a towel when I get out of the shower. Not going to happen in this lifetime I can assure you.

The bird might bring it to you as it associates the object with you. And it has training to bring objects to you, this would be possible and more than likely the proper chain of events. Without question a predatory bird isn't going to take said object to someone they do not know in the slightest.

Marv.: Stick with the title, never know when or if you would like to return here. Plus it is always nice to have another knowledgeable person on call if the need should arise.

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/26/06 0:31

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »

@ Twen:  First, he only has one outfit that he washes daily so the bird would know what he wears.  Also, its kind of like a game.  It also may be a motherly instinct, hwoever I am not trying to suggest that Kari has a fetish for clothing, just that she wishes for her "young" to be provided for.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »

The point is simple Drasil .... it is not a a matter open for debate. My job as a story-mod is to make sure that things that are not possible remain that way, to keep the flavor of Santharia intact. Your post above does nothing other than confirm my suggestions. If you like I will pick it apart and show you how you just made what I said to be true. Heck why not, since you seem to like creating conflict wherever you go.
Quote:
@ Twen: First, he only has one outfit that he washes daily so the bird would know what he wears. Yep, and if you read my post above I stated this. Also, its kind of like a game. If it is a game the bird would play it with people it knows .... oh wait that is Drasil. It also may be a motherly instinct, A motherly instinct would guide the bird to bring it to it's young .... oh wait that is Drasil also. hwoever <-- however I am not trying to suggest that Kari has a fetish for clothing, just that she wishes for her "young" to be provided for. Once again providing for it's young would be who? .... thats right Drasil once again. A predatory animal does not randomly pick someone to approach.

~End rant~

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/26/06 1:51

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2006, 10:42:23 AM »

... Not sure, but IMHO is a prepared soap for that Marv, not the powder, if you use the powder, I fear you end faceless because when you wash it away with water it becomes sulphuric acid...

@ Twen: Sure, we will never open a shop for those things nor be writers for a magazine of beauty.

@ Drasil: I find hard to believe that a bird know who is a patron and who isn't one...

@ Ana: Wasn't my idea... but worked, people see my signature often :lol  Will change it to purple, since Mina sayd that purple was going to be wind color (Though I don't like the idea and don't see it a great sense...)

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2006, 09:44:23 AM »

@ Twen:  Umm then I do not guess what you are asking me to do.  As in the beginning of your first post you ask me to change something(i'm not sure what) and then you contradict yourself and provide a list of reasons why she did it.  Seeingas my post is told in the third person(for teh most part) I do not see how the narrator would get inside Kari's head for an exact reason as to why she is doing it.  My personal belief is it is a motherly instinct as I mentioned above and she sees that every other humainiod gets dressed so she has Drasil do it or for some other reason, I od not know, but this is not hte first time I have had her do this type of behavior and it has never aroused any comments previously.

@ Orril:  I guess your right.  i'll take out the whole patron thing and just have her fly at a random person.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Edited by: Drasil Razorfang at: 5/26/06 1:51
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »

Quote:
@ Twen: Umm then I do not guess what you are asking me to do. As in the beginning of your first post you ask me to change something(i'm not sure what) <-- This is due to your inability to understand base ideas. and then you contradict yourself and provide a list of reasons why she did it. <-- Nope, the list was a perfect example of why she would not take the clothing to someone other than Drasil Seeingas my post is told in the third person(for teh most part) I do not see how the narrator would get inside Kari's head for an exact reason as to why she is doing it. <-- Not the point. You are giving humanlike intellect to a feral creature. My personal belief is it is a motherly instinct as I mentioned above and she sees that every other humainiod gets dressed so she has Drasil do it or for some other reason, I od <-- do not know, but this is not hte <-- The first time I have had her do this type of behavior and it has never aroused any comments previously.<--That is because there has been no active moderator in this story for a bit.
Last but not least Drasil, if you do not like how things are then please go somewhere and make a complaint. I would enjoy watching others snicker at attempts to lend humanlike thoughts and emotions to a predatory bird.

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/26/06 2:13

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 11:12:23 AM »

Twen... your post above sounds a bit rude, may I ask you to be more patient with our friend, remember is his first time.

Next... is this a story??? it doesn't has a gide line.

@ Drasil: I guess i know over who will fall the cloth? Is over... Xun or Pyth

What's my magic? My treasure. What's my God? My freedom. My law? the strength and the wind. My mother country the sky So Orril Mis'fer, Sky master.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 10:13:23 AM »

Ok Twen, I am not trying to be rude I just do not understand what you are asking me to do.  Also, i don't really understand why you took the time to insult me in an in depth comment instead of telling me what I need to fix.  Maybe this is because of my "inability to understand base concepts"?

However, seeing as my seemingly low intellect may not be up to your high standards, I think that you wish me to change the behavior of the bird so that she does not approach others.  If you wish for me to remove the bird's personality completely I do not understand why and my basic, stupid, incometent mind might need some clarification.

Is this a correct assumption?

Finally, I don't understnad why you all of a suddne act so nasty al of the time.  You seem to do this quite frequently, without warning and then, when ever I mention take an innocent stand saying, I do not mean to, I only come here to have fun.  Next time you have a problem with me can you just put it on the table so I can adress it and not have to find it hidden somewhere.

Finally, I am not rying to argue with you in your story I am trying to see WHAT you want me to do to make YOUR story better.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Edited by: Drasil Razorfang at: 5/26/06 2:16
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 11:16:23 AM »

No, AND STOP NOW!

Drasil: just change the behavior of the bird, so she let the cloth fall over you or over someone else at "random" (BTW, this is a good chance to go close to another person).

Twen: please be patient, and explain him what you want exactly cause maybe I'm wrong...  

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 10:19:23 AM »

@So Orril: Yes it is a story or a story forum. The basic rules that apply in a story-line also apply here. If this weren't the case then we could have dragons, gods and anything else we felt like conjuring up at the time wandering about. It is meant to give the players a flavor of Santharia and the basic ideas of what is needed in a story.

@Drasil: If another person had shown the bird kindness at some previous time, I could see it possibly approaching them. But for an animal of that nature to just randomly start playing games with someone completely unfamiliar to it. Just does not seem to be proper behaviour. On the point of personality ... of course the animal has this. But it is not going to think to itself "Oh my, my young is naked maybe I should take it's clothing to someone random and just drop it off." A predatory bird would most likely attempt to place it somewhere close to it's young so that it could easily be reached. This is personality guided with natural instinct. Does this make sense?

Edited by: Twen  Araerwen  at: 5/26/06 2:25

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]