Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: XIV: The Thirsty Herald: Firstflame  (Read 114379 times)
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2006, 03:24:23 PM »

Such a deduction I had not made, though now it is quite appearant. The land I have traveled from is rampant with fire, and passions run wild under the solitidy of the ground beneath ones feet. The foot of a volcanoe, it was. R'vahr stokes his companions back, and scrubbs his knuckles playfully on his crown. Scortchers are quite extrodinary creatures, existing underground near or inside volcanoes. They have certain powers which aid them in their lives in such an intolerant terrain. For instance, Mepher here is nearly impervious to heat, and digests molten lava, quite strange, wouldn't you think? He also can light himself on fire, Hence Scortcher or Fire Ferret. He is a harmless little thief, despite his many abilities, and would rather find a nice warm place to bed then hurt a soul. These creatures are one of the few that needn't ever end the tale of any living thing, they do not eat anything but metal, and the only creatures which survive in their habitat are other Scortchers. They are the greatest pacifists Ava could ever have dreamed.

R'vahr eyes the bloodied warriors with a smile, especially the one who seems to have taken to ranting. The men populating this establisment seem to be a more violent sort than my little friend, don't they? There will always be eccentrics, though I find such aggression to be simply unwarrented. It's not as if they are orcs, is it? I myself would rather pursue finer arts of self gratification that tearing annother man apart, however, to each his own seems to be the word of law here. I would not consider you in great danger in this place, despite what we might believe to be an overactive death wish, these men usually challenge eachother to brawls, and do not attack pretty girls without due cause. The last words are added with a hint of sarcasm and jest. I would not worry, you are in safe hands, rough though they may be. Giving a reassuring smile, the R'unorian pulls out a chair and takes a seat. The buisness of others is not warrant of mine, and so you may keep your lips silent of such things if that is your wish. I would enjoy a glass of conversation and company, though, and having little else to ask, I feel trapped into my query. Where is it exactly that you have escaped, to come to these burning deserts? His own eyes smile into hers, happy and emathetic to any pains or worries.

Mepher is suddenly stricken with bordom. The woman doesn't seem interested enough to stroke his strangely rough exterior, and all of the men seem more intent of satisfying base lust to enjoy some entertainment and perhaps share some treats. Just as he considers slinking towards the hearth and taking a nap, something shiny spirals over his head. With a jerk and an inquisitive turn of his head, the Scortcher rises and stares at the now fallen coin. He sniffs the air in consideration, then chases after its metallic goodness. As he reaches the object, he seems to smile with anticipation, then takes a clean bite out of the edge, sampling the taste. Seemingly satisfied, he grasps the damaged coin with his paws and begins to nibble contentedly.

Swimming through waters of truth and sustinance, filled by tribulations and dark discordiance,
is a monster who cries tears of steel and an angel, who sceams symphonies.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 10/26/06 7:32

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #496 on: October 27, 2006, 02:22:23 AM »

A damp cloth , you say ?
I don´t think i cant help with that, perhaps another of these adventurers or even one of the barmaids might have one .

As you see my possessions are merely the clothes i wear and this sword .

His smile became broader as she affirmed to adore , in her own words , his hair .

My hair ? Why you know how to make a man embarassed, dont you my dear ?
It has this colour due to my heritage , and i must say yours seems beautifull as well .

With a mischeveous smile , Tiras to tease her a little .

Dont tell me that the hair is the only thing that you adore in me .
It would broke my heart ...

But how rude of me , and i apologize for that .
I am babbling without asking your name , dear lady .
Stupid of me ...

Mind saying your name ?

Beauty is how you feel inside , and it reflects in you eyes . It is not something physical.Tiras The White Rose

Edited by: Tiras The White Rose  at: 10/26/06 18:23

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #497 on: October 27, 2006, 08:41:23 AM »

Cherri kept her remarks in her mouth for it would not do her any good.

She watched as the newcomers entered and was temporarily distracted from her task at hand.  The sense of urgency was not very strong since Navar told her that Drasil would recover in time.  

Cherri watched the red headed human fawn over Drasil and watched another with red hair approach her.  Then Navar was at it again yelling and throwing his words about carelessly.  Men always quickly changed which head they thought with when an attractive woman was concerned.  Cherri watched Navar throw his tantrum and tie his dirty cloak around the open wound on his leg.  She felt a twinge of pain as she thought about it reopening, but right now that was not her concern.  She had to move Drasil from the floor and preferably to his or her room.  

Cherri kneeled beside him and gently touched his face her slender fingers trailing like silk across his cheek.  She wished she could have moved him sooner, but Navar had not left much time to do anything remotely compassionate.  Cherri looked to the red haired human woman and offered a small smile.  "I am skilled in the healing arts and will see to his care.  I would have before, but was prevented from doing so."  Cherri's eyes trailed to the door where Navar had disappeared for only a blink before her eyes fell back to Drasil.  She took in his beautiful features, her eyes held the emotions she was feeling but would not dare show upon her face.  She had come to care for Drasil rather quickly and a bit more than just an aquaintance.  Tucking her arm beneath his head in the crook of his neck, Cherri lifted his head from the other's lap.  

Smoothing his hair back from his face, Cherri looked at the two flirting humans.  She could bear the majority of his weight, possibly enough to help get him to bed.  She needed to tend to his wounds before they became infected and she did not know what type of traces the poison would leave.  If he was not in his right mind, she preferred him to be in a room where she could lock the door instead of inadvertingly injure another.

Cherri began to lift Drasil from the floor being wary of his wounds and weapons.  "Help would be appreciated getting my companion to a bed upstairs."  Cherri said to no one in particular.  If she was granted aid then she would be grateful, if not she could make it alone upstairs, it would just take more time.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Rhaki Tekashi
White Rogue
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #498 on: October 27, 2006, 08:47:23 AM »

Rhaki gave a low chuckle of delight at the creature's agility and curiosity. You say his name is Mepher. How long have you had him? He asked inquisitively, as he observed the creature nibbling on the coin. The creature reminded him of Teku, own pet Kuatu. This rung a bell in his mind, and he suddenlry remembered that in desperation to get some rest, he had left his pet in his room. Il'l be right back! He exclaimed, and then dashed upstairs.

Soon Rhaki returned with a small, squirrel-like creature, who hopped out of his hands and scampered across the table. He skidded around an empty mug, and cautiously aphroached Mepher. He began to sniff the weasel curiously.

His names Teku. Ive had him ever since i left Sharadon to head for Strata.

.:*:.:*:.Rhaki Tekashi - White Rogue.:*:.:*:.

Rhaki Tekashi, White Rogue
Navar The Rogue Assassin
The Rogue Assassin
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #499 on: October 27, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »

Navar realizing that he had forgotten his pack took a deep breath as he plunged back into the hormone driven frenzy that the humans were seeming to enjoy Bastards all of them, damn humans Navar never really cared much for anyone not elvish but he could stomache the humans, for at least a while anyways.

Navar quickly plunges in and sees Cherri struggling with Drasils body, "Help would be appreciated getting my companion to a bed upstairs."feeling some form of...compassion, Navar strolled over and reached down and lifted Drasil over his shoulder, and taking a deep look into Cherri's soft eyes and spoke in a rough yet compassionate voice, Not going to let you clean up my mess, Reaching into his pocket he grabs one of his few remaining Hak and threw it at the Bar keep here Ill take whatever the hell that can buy me. Navar looks back at Cherri and Sneers Hmph he'll be in the bloody room with the open door so come quickly....before I change my mind.

And with that Navar begins up the stairs and as the weight og Drasils body bears down on him he begins to feel a sharp pain in his leg as the wound begins to reopen along with the wound on his chest, arrg gah that hurts but I must keep going losing blood and exshasted from battle Navar begins to waver, however despite this pain Navar's foolish pride pushed him to the room where he promptly layed Drasil on the bed and soon after Navar lost his vision and his knees began to buckle, and then losing consiousness, he didnt even have time to blink before he hit the floor.

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.     ~Navar~

need help with your character

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.

~Navar~

need help with your character?
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #500 on: October 28, 2006, 04:29:23 AM »

Noting how easily conversation flowes from R'vhar makes Kali smile as he talks about his ferret.  She finds herself having to concentrate to keep from being lulled by his words, and was interested in what he had to say.  Anything she could learn about survival would only help her in the long run, and dealing with heat, rather then cold, would be invaluable knowledge.  The subject changes to that of her question, their fellow inhabitants of the inn.  ...and do not attack pretty girls without due cause.  She smiles slightly at his subtle flattery.  I would not worry, you are in safe hands, rough though they may be.  How poetic.

R'vhar takes a seat and, instinctively and unconsiously, Kali shifts to put him between her and the rest of the room.  She listens as he finishes his end of the dialogue.  I feel trapped into my query. Very tactful, she thinks, I must remember that.  Where is it exactly that you have escaped, to come to these burning deserts?

Kali glances past R'vhar to see Poisoner pick up the downed elf, stagger across the room to the stairs, and collapse before he reaches the top.  Kali laughs sortly before turning her eyes back to R'vhar and his question.  "I suppose one could say that I escaped the frozen north, although I think of it less of an escape and more of an intelligent decision."  She pauses and looks up at the ceiling, then back at R'vhar. "I had made some enimies of some unsavoury gentlemen and it was no longer safe for me in my city.  Had I known it would be this uncomfortable here I would certainly have stayed in the north," she jokes with a wry grin.

She sighs and the smile fades.  She wonders how much she wants to tell this stranger and how to do so without seeming evasive.  "But I suppose you asked me what exactly I am escaping, and I suppose I am travelling because it is not safe for one of my profession to stay in one place for too long"  She decides not to elaborate on her 'profession' and let R'vhar find some cunning way to ask about it.  She feels she could learn quite a bit from this stranger who talks so casually.  She takes this moment both to deflect the subject away from herself and to ask a question that was burning curiosity in her since he mentioned it.  "You say you come from a land rampant with fire.  Being from somewhere rampant with ice," she grinns again, "I can't imagine of what it is you speak.  Tell me of this land"

-- "It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about, still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough." --

Kali Rae

Edited by: Kali Rae at: 10/29/06 1:51

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Rhaki Tekashi
White Rogue
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #501 on: October 28, 2006, 11:22:23 AM »

--- Taken Out ---

Edited by: Rhaki Tekashi at: 10/28/06 20:49

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #502 on: October 28, 2006, 01:55:23 PM »

Cherri watched as Navar picked up Drasil and tossed him like a sack of wheat over his shoulder.  She knew it would only be a matter of time.  The wound on his leg had only stopped bleeding, she hadn't the time to do much else.  And she hadn't even gotten to the one on his chest yet.  Watching Navar climb the stairs and then sag she knew that one or both wounds had opened fresh again.  Cherri took out several coins from her purse and laid them on the bar in front of the barkeep, "For everything.  Let me know if the damage is more."  was all she said before following close behind Navar noting the small droplets of blood landing upon the floor.  

Nothing but probably Navar's pride allowed him to enter the room and lay Drasil down before he passed out.  Good thing her room was close to the stairs.  Remembering what Navar said about Drasil being cured of one poison only to be duped with another caused her to first check on Drasil's vitals.  Navar was right.  He would not die of this poison, and once it ran its course he would awaken and hopefully be fine.  

Cherri turned her attention to the unconcious Navar.  She quickly ran back down stairs and gathered up the strips of cloth and the bowls of water.  They were still relatively fresh and could still be used.  Placing the items in her room, Cherri quickly made sure Drasil was situated in the bed removing what she could to make him more comfortable and then moved to the small closet and pulled down a couple of extra blankets stored there for winter.  Using her cloak as a pillow, Cherri made Navar a pallet on which to lay.  It would not be good for the coldness of the floor to seep into his bones.

Cherri unwrapped the cloak from around Navar's leg and saw that it was again oozing blood.  Stripping the fabric away from the leg and his upper body Cherri took in the elf before her.  She shook her head at all the scars upon his body and decided she preferred him unconcious.  With a wry grin Cherri began to clean his wounds again and applied the salve to stop the bleeding.  After his blood clotted Cherri cleaned the wounds as well as she could so as to prevent infection.  Seeing that Navar was still passed out Cherri felt better about what she was getting ready to do.  

Cherri unsheathed her dagger and found in a small vial the needle and some thread that she had made.  The wound on Navar's leg was deep, too deep for stitching alone.  She applied Por'mon to the wound on the leg and then to the one of the chest so as to numb the area.  Holding her dagger in the candle's flame she waited while the blade warmed.  It didn't take long before the tip glowed with an orange hue and Cherri very carefully waited for it to cool just enough to not scorch and kill the surrounding skin as she began to burn the deepest part of Navar's leg wound together.  The melding of the flesh would help it to not open up so readily again after stitching it.  Most of the deep wounds she treated as thus and most healed without a problem.  There had been one or two who had not listened to her cautions and tore the wound open again making the original wound worse.

Cherri hope Navar would not do the same.  The herbs she used were sometimes hard to come by and she hated to waste them.  While Cherri worked on Navar's leg, slowly and preciously tending the wound, she began to think what Navar had done.  In a tavern full of people, he had been the only one to offer assistance and look at where that had gotten him.  His tone had held, what she took, as compassion when he had spoke to her.  Cherri looked at Navar in a new light and a soft smile spread across her pink lips.  

Cherri stitched the leg wound using the needle, which she had warmed in the candle's flame, and thread.  Her stitches were small and precise.  She knew that it would still scar terribly, but most Coórhem took pride in their scars.

Cherri scooted herself up near Navar's head.  Cherri lifted her dress up to her thighs to allow her the freedom she needed to lean across Navar and tend the wound on his chest.  He was unconcious anyways so what did it matter, she thought to herself.  At the moment she really didn't care about the properness of the situation as a milky white thigh stood out against the green of her dress.    

Cherri leaned across Navar, the bodice of her soft dress brushing his ribs and her silvery hair cascaded down around her face, as she cleaned and inspected the wound on his chest.  She had not had the chance to do so earlier.  She was more gentle this time as she prodded the wound with her long slender skillful fingers.  This wound was not nearly as deep as the one on the leg and thus could be stitched alone.  Cherri went to work on the wound.  

When she was finished she leaned over slightly to observe her work.  She smiled at her accomplishment.  It was clean and neat.  Next she would need to make a dressing for both the wounds with the strips and some herbs that would aid in the speed of the skin mending itself.  

Cherri looked down a Navar.  He looked peaceful.  His light skin and dark hair contrasted each other just right.  Yes, she would be able to travel with this dark child.  She would be able to trust him with their lives, as long as no one had paid him to kill them.

Cherri withdrew the dried Odea Moss from a pouch.  She took the dagger and ever so gently pricked Navar's finger causing a single drop of blood to swell as she squeezed the tip of his finger.  Placing some of the powder into the palm of her hand, Cherri took Navar's finger and coaxed the single drop to fall into the middle of the moss she held in her hand.  Mixing the two together until a paste formed she spread the salve over the wounds.  Another application would be needed after this absorbed into his body.

Wrapping the strips of cloth around Navar's leg, Cherri secured the salve in place.  She next moved to his chest.  Propping Navar's head upon her bosom and his shoulders on her bare thighs, Cherri began to wrap Navar's chest in the last of the strips of cloth.  Tying the bandage in place and making sure the wound was well coated, Cherri gently wiggled out from underneath Navar keeping him as still as possible.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Edited by: Lady Cherri at: 10/28/06 6:17

Cherri Rowandyn
Rhaki Tekashi
White Rogue
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #503 on: October 29, 2006, 08:54:23 AM »

Rhaki scopped up Kuatu and dashed upstairs in a hurry. As he rounded the corner, he foudn the room in which Navar had gone to, and flung the door open. Setting his squirrel-like creature down on a nearby table, he approached the two men lying on the bed, and said to the woman who was attmepting to heal them,

If we cannot wake Navar, the other elf will die, too. Only he knows the antidote. We must hurry and bring them both back. What can i do to help?

Rhaki stood attentively, waiting for instructions from the healer. A look of surprised strechted across his face as he looked down and saw the wounds that had opened up on Navar's legs. Though he felt he had deservedit for all the foolish barfights he had gotten into, Rhaki couldnt help but feel sorry for both of the men.

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #504 on: October 29, 2006, 11:57:23 AM »

Cherri spun around on the floor, where she sat by Navar who was lying on a makeshift pallet, when she heard the door being busted open.  Before her stood another male elf.  She thought that she has not seen so many elfs in one place at the same time since leaving home.  Pushing the thought aside she rose gracefully, her dress falling back into place.

With a soft smile Cherri moved to the bed where Drasil rested.  Her voice was soft and her peaceful mood was restored.  She didn't realize how tired she was.  The stress of the fight and then tending to Navar not one, but twice was enough to tire anyone.  But there was still Drasil to tend to and now there was another frantic male in the room.  Cherri took a deep breath and let it out in a low sign.  She did not want to appear snappish to the newcomer.

Cherri's violet eyes soft and tired looking found those of the male lurking just inside the doorway.  Her voice was soft and melodious when she spoke.  "Drasil will be fine.  Navar gave him a the cure before my first attempt to heal him.  Granted he gave him another poison, but the second will only cause Drasil to sleep and nothing more.  Once it runs its course through his system he will awake.  I must tend to his wounds now and then I must sleep." Cherri moved towards the door, stopping to pick up the bowls that were still on the floor.  She would need fresh water to cleanse Drasil's wounds and dress them.

Cherri touched the male gently with her free hand on the arm and gestured towards the door.  "I think it wise to allow them to sleep undisturbed.  I need some clean water and more cloth for bandages."  Cherri started for the stairs and seeing the concern in the others eyes she patted his arm and said, "I assure you, both will be fine.  I will see to that myself."  

Cherri walked back downstairs and took the bowls to the bar.  She requested another warm bowl of water, two of room temperature, and more cloth for bandages.  Cherri placed a couple of gold coins on the bar for the service as she received the water and cloth.  She headed back up stairs being careful to not spill the water.  

Once back in the room Cherri began to undress Drasil as gently as she could so that she could tend to his wounds.  Cherri washed, cleansed, numbed, and stitched Drasil in the same fashion as she had Navar.  

When she had finished she placed the bowls on the small table and surveyed the room.  Navar seemed to be resting peacefully.  Cherri kneeled beside Drasil and gingerly removed a couple of strands of blond hair from his face.  Cherri ran her finger along the side of his cheek and to the point of his ear.  She smiled inspite of her weariness.  As she rose she brushed her lips across his own and layed down beside him on the bed to get some much needed sleep.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Cherri Rowandyn
Navar The Rogue Assassin
The Rogue Assassin
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #505 on: October 29, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »

Father, wake up....wake up. Whaaaaaa *sniff* you dastard you killed my father. As Navar craddels his lifless father's body Nhe looks up to see a shadowed figuered standing in the moon light, He watched helplessly as his fathers blood drips from Hantyn's blade You foolish child looks like I just killed your pathetic father muhahaha Noooo Navars screams as as Hantyn slashes downward at him

Nooooo Navar screams as he slashed out his daggers striking at only air. Having been thrown out of his nightmare he wipes the sweat from his browe. Coor, even after over fifty years, that bastard Hantyn, even though hes dead, he....he still haunts me.

Navar rises to stand and feels a sharp tug of pain in his leg, he sits back down as looks around oh yeah, that scum Drasils was too heavy. That fat carcarse could lose some wait...but how did my leg and my chest get doc...., looking around he notices another body in the bed where Drasil laid. Cherri she must have done it

As Navar stared his arrogance once again pushed through, I can't believe it I buy the room and THEY use it, heh but Ill let them stay well for one night Navar slowly rises and makes his way down stairs limping towards the door he turns back to look at them, he saw their peacefull expressions and secretly envied them. They both had someone to care about, and Navar had every one he cared for taken away from him by one man. Yeah the bastards can have the room till they wake. Fools. and with that Navar very painfully pushed by Rhaki and limped all the way back to his seat in the corner, there he reached into his back pack and pulled out his spare cloack and covered his face. And in the corner he silently mourned his father

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.     ~Navar~

need help with your character

Edited by: Navar The Rogue Assassin  at: 11/12/06 23:06

There are those who KILL and those who are KILLED, guess which one YOU are.

~Navar~

need help with your character?
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #506 on: October 30, 2006, 09:02:23 PM »

R'vahr turns to the man who had adressed him. For a great long time. Nearly fifteen years I would think. R'vahr nods his excuse and allows the man to make his leave. He turns back to the woman with which he had been conversing and aplogizes for the interuption gracefully. Sometimes it is a trueism that escape is the most intelligent decision one can make. He smiles at her comment as to the discomfort of the desert. Though the heat is certainly palpable in a most discomforting way,  I am sure that one with such fortitude as yourself will soon ease into the warmth. As he speaks he watches her intently, his eyes seemingly absorbed in her, something tells him that she is trying to understand something more than the meaning to his words. He decides not to worry about it, and instead enjoy the company she had to offer. Many professions and persons enjoy a life of movement, stasis seems to be a burden to these persons, perhaps myself included. The freedom of wind and water, to always change and fear nothing seems quite a goal to myself. He felt his answer satisfactorily applealing, and hoped it would let her know that he did not care to pry as to her profession or fears. Those emotions and thoughts were hers to keep or discard, and his only to cherish. She gives a quick change of subject, which R'vahr promptly follows.
My home, it was a small villiage nestled outside of a great city. We bordered both forest and mountain, and there was a great plenty of love and joy. I would hunt with my father in the think foilage and climb the cliffs of the Volcanoe in my youth. One did not stay around the volcanoes too long, rather we would enjoy the bounties of the forest and hills. It was a good place to be alive, and I was greeted with much love and warmth.

As R'vahr continues to talk, Mepher returns the creature's inqury with some investigative sniffing of his own. He begins to circle the rodent and give it a good look.

Swimming through waters of truth and sustinance, filled by tribulations and dark discordiance,

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #507 on: October 31, 2006, 12:14:23 AM »

Thorgas watched as the drama unfolded amongst the elves. He saw, too, the agony in the face of Drasil as the poison coursed through his body, leaving him twitching uncontrollably on the floor. Once or twice he stood up to try and help the man whom he had allied with earlier this morning, but decided that they all need to learn their lessons. This is a tavern, not an arena... Thorgas kept thinking.

He watched some more as the injured assassin, barely able to support himself, picked up the unconcious elf and carried him upstairs, with the elven maiden following them both. He turned his attention back to his meal and finished the soup he was slurping.

After some time, Thorgas can barely contain his curiosity and decided to check if all three of the elves were in their beds resting. He walked up the stairs and looked for the rooms. Finally finding one, he peeked in and saw that Drasil was snoring peacefully. He was surprised when, after looking into the adjacent room, to see Navar already up and moving. The last room contains the maiden who tried to heal the assassin's injuries. She seems to have fallen asleep. After making sure that all of them are alright, and none required the assistance of another healer, Thorgas went to his own room and sat on his chair, filling the air with smoke from his pipe.

Behold... Admire... Fear... and Wonder. Witness the fire burning in me... Burning... To Avenge.

The Ironforge Pyromancer

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #508 on: October 31, 2006, 05:49:23 AM »

Kali watches as an elf with a quaint pet of his own exchanges a word or two before taking off up the stairs.  The short lived conversation makes he smile and she wonders for a moment if all elves are that flighty.  She smiles again at the comment about her fortitude.  Really, she was as much a stranger to him as he was to her and yet he still said it with certainty as if they were old friends.  The smile already on her face widened, something of a rarity with her.

R'vhar comments about persons living in constant travel and tactfully leaves the subject of her profession alone.  She looks at his face as he speaks and catches no glimpse of curiosity, not a hint of thirst or disappointment.  He did not pry or ask her to elaborate, but simply respected her boundaries and picked up where she left off.  Caught off guard, Kali feels nervousness gnawing at the pit of her stomach and wrings her hands briefly under the table before gripping her knees to make them stop.  Such acts of respect are not something she is used to.

Here is a person who's not out to discover truths in the lives of others.  He's not interested in learning secrets or nosing about.  Kali was so used to talking to people with that whole premise in mind that she felt as if she was swimming new waters.  She had engaged in conversation with similar people in the past, of course, not everyone in this world was nosy, but she always was less comfortable dealing with these decent folk.  As she sits there other patrons come and go, one of the combatants comes back into the room and sits back down in the tavern.  She notices little of this as she grapples with her nerves and thoughts.  Perhaps this is not the best place for me.  Why?  I can't expect much in the way of work, but then again why must is always be about work.  Curses, why do I let such small things throw me off guard.

Kali realizes she's not been paying attention as R'vhar finishes his retelling of his home with, "It was a good place to be alive, and I was greeted with much love and warmth."  She strains to remember what it was he had said before that, but realizes that although she had heard it all, she had not listened to any but the last sentence.  A flood of "what if"s run through her mind all at once and silence hangs in the air for a moment before she collects her wits and comments, "It sounds wonderful."

With the brawl over and many of the patrons that had once been filling much of the room gone Kali suddenly feels very exposed.  She looks around the room, at those behind the bar, the redheads in the middle of the room, the combatant slouched in his chair.  She searches for a moment for something to say.  "To speak of warmth with such fondness, it amuses me, it sounds very alien.  Perhaps I should travel there someday and see it first hand."  Her confidence ebbing, Kali would like for nothing better then her handsome stranger to start talking again.  It came so easily to him.   "Everyone in this world must earn his living somehow, tell me, how do you earn your share?" she asks, hoping beyond hope that he had not disclosed this in his description of his home.

-- "It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about, still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough." --

Kali Rae

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #509 on: October 31, 2006, 10:07:23 AM »

More and more, R'vahr notices the girls discomfort and unease. Her eyes flit around the room as if they are watching a fly course through the wooden hall. Her body seems to tense and jitter, and R'vahr wonders what could be bothering her so. We may find wonder wherever we go, so long as we love freely and surround ourselves with those willing to also do so. He listens to her speak and sees her grow more and more anxious. He wonders if she is a woman on the run, who might be searching for a place to hide.

We carry certain things in our hearts, and may visit them whenever we so desire. I will always take the warmth of affection and mercy to my own soul, it is not visit a place which gives us appreciation, but a journey into the depths of our own heart. There can we find love.

Deciding that if she continued to grow in anxiety, he would have to ask her as to what was fraying her nerves, R'vahr answers her question. I am a hunter, I live off of the land, and have no need for man's currency. His hands leave the top of the table for a moment, and come back up holding his two fangs, by the blades, with the handles toward the girl. With these I bring down my prey, I call them my fangs. He carefully places them down, still with the blades toward himself, so as to give no impression of danger.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]