Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

gfx gfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register    gfx gfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!
Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Niccoli Faust, Sanhorrhim, Sea Guide Extraordinaire  (Read 763 times)
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 11:22:23 PM »

Okay, who keeps changing the ! posticon back to the pencil!  angry angry Please do not do this!
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 11:45:56 PM »

Alright, small overhaul done, now easier to see the basics for phyiscal appearence. I apollogize for the number of notes in parentheses.
Twn Arerwn
Melancholy Mage
CD Mod

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 01:01:11 AM »

I change the posticon, because that is my job to do so when there are edits to be done. I am also going to refer you to my above comments as most of them still stand.
~Sincerely~
Co f cr'tuuln:Twen Araerwen

he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 11:35:11 PM »

All right, having run 3 spellchecks (two on site and one off site) I should hope that at least 80% of my errors, gramatical or otherwise, should have been dealt with. Some edits related to the list of edits suggested by Twen. Changed back to Exclamation Mark Posticon!
Twn Arerwn
Melancholy Mage
CD Mod

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 09:57:55 AM »

Name
Niccoli Faust

Race
Elf

Tribe
Sanhorrhim

Occupation
Sea Guide/ Thief

Title
Pal'ran

Physical Appearance
Niccoli is roughly 2 peds tall. He weighs roughly 1.7 ods. Niccoli  has somewhat pale skin, though it has been tanned by exposure to the sun. His hair is sun-bleached white, tied back in a ponytail, with a shell adorned clasp. Niccoli tends towards the lean muscled look, being almost skin and bones with the muscles tending to be thicker on the legs than the arms. Niccoli has a bright blue tattoo of a shark stretching across his back starting at the left shoulder and moving down and ending near the right hip. He has some light scarring on the back of his hands and over the right eyebrow. Niccoli's eyes are a rather bright green colour, and tend to glimmer in bright light. The effect of old age is slowly causing the iris to lose their colour and it no longer looks like Niccoli has much of an iris Is this some eye ailment he is inflicted with? As this is not a normal aspect for any race to undergo.. When it is dark, Niccoli's pupils expand to the point that even the less of the iris is visible, making it look like his iris is black instead of green. This is a normal occurrence in most everyone, the pupil expands immensely to gather light in dimly lit areas.

Hair Colour: White (sun bleached, natual natural)

Eye Colour: Bright green,

Height: 2 peds (roughly)

Weight: 1.7 ods (roughly)
Hair Color/ Eye Color/ Height/ Weight should be listed above your title and such. These notations are added at the top for quick reference for other players in stories.
Clothes
Niccoli wears the typical short skirtlike garment of his tribe. This particular piece of clothing is a light blue colour. Niccoli rarely does wear a shirt, though he possesses one along with a heavier dark blue cloak.

Personality
Niccoli has little in the way of scruples, there truly is no honor among thieves when Niccoli is involved. While amoral, Niccoli is at least an honest businessman. He will rarely go back on his word, and he holds to this little bit of morality as best he can.

Strengths
Niccoli is something of a skilled thief, being that he is adept at removing items from their owners stealthily.. He distinguishes himself from a robber or a typical thief in the fact that he does not steal anything he cannot carry easily without a bag of some sort, nor does he steal from buildings. Niccoli is not overtly skilled with his rapier and it is rarely to his advantage should he use it. Niccoli is more skilled with the arm blades however, the modifications to the handles sometimes leave the weapons wanting as well.

Weaknesses

Niccoli has little in the way of morals or scruples, and this is openly visible during conversation. Niccoli actually has to lug around his coracle while in towns and as such, cannot travel easily to towns that are not near rivers or other such bodies of water. Your strengths and weaknesses are very close to being balanced, though I would think another minor weakness would be appropriate.

History
Niccoli was born, not surprisingly, on a ship. His parents were both something of a different type of people. He was taught, not to make ships, as his father did, or fish as his mother did. He was apprenticed to a sea guide. He nearly drowned himself on the first try. Niccoli had a profound liking for water, even after this, and went about learning to swim soon after this first attempt.

Once he knew how to do more than keep his head above water, Niccoli attempted the apprenticeship again. He succeeded, though it took 26 years, and by the time he was finished he was a healthy 65. For the next dozen years Niccoli took to working for merchant ships, and cutting himself a small five finger piece of the profit. He fashioned himself a coracle and set about running through the world, supplementing his  income from aiding ships with his thievery.

Niccoli's most memorable exploit was robbing the captain of a ship blind and actually leaving him one of the items he had taken, hanging at the top of the mast by a piece of sail. By this point, Niccoli had deployed the small coracle he had lugged aboard and was out of the port already and headed towards the nearest river, paddling as fast as he could leaving the ship's cargo hold aflame. Niccoli has visited towns all along the coast of the Aadainian sea, Strata once or twice, and visits Voldar regularly.

Weapons
A Ceh-Fish Rapier, with a silver adorned hilt, with a single mist blue rubite. As well Niccoli carries a back up weapon, a single arm blade, with a swivel built into the handle for safer attachment or concealment.

Belongings
A whetstone for sharpening his rapier while bored.
Niccoli's most precious possession is the hide coracle that he carries. The coracle is collapsable, using 4 wooden limbs and a tarred piece of horse hide with loops and clasps attaching the ends.

Things are looking really good here Niccoli! I do not see a title to be far now. If you have any questions ..... please feel free to ask them here or catch me in the IRC.
~Sincerely~

Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 03:41:47 PM »

Twen, not trying to sound rude here, but did you read then entry on the Sanhorrhim. It mentions the colour in the iris slowly dissapating, giving a catarracts like look to them in old age. It also mentions that it begins to occur around age 90.
Other than that , shouldn't be a problem.
Twn Arerwn
Melancholy Mage
CD Mod

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 08:33:18 PM »

My apologies on that point Niccoli. It was near 3AM and I had promised you, I would get to this last night. Guess I missed that in my readings Shocked. Once you complete the other items, please feel free to contact me or change your posticon and I will do another complete read over.
~Sincerely~

Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 01:26:51 AM »

I was using the last bit there as a bit of descriptiveness relating to how much of the iris was still coloured.
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 11:49:23 PM »

alright then. Anyone else who could give comments or such it would be appreciated  grin
Twn Arerwn
Melancholy Mage
CD Mod

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 01:10:35 AM »

Though there are some grammatical mistakes still found throughout this CD. They are indeed not enough to hold back a title from you. Maybe you could run a spellcheck once more and a read over to diminish these issues before being archived.
~First Approval~

Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 01:18:19 AM »

Yay! *gives twen a cookie* Rolling Rolling thank you very much twen! clap clap so just need to hammer out  hammer the minor stuff then?

edit, only found 1 error with  the onsite stuff, so I might have to switch it to word if i'm going to hammer out anything grammatical I can't see.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 01:20:34 AM by Niccoli Faust » Logged
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 11:09:07 PM »

Arright then. I ran it through word's spelling and grammar checker twice, however, this did remove the coloured changes, so I do appologize, they added colour to it didn't they. If anyone else could comment as to how I could improve mine elf, then please do.
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 02:52:26 PM »

hmm... nope.. I got nothing...
Kalna Mrnwn
Bringer of Song and Dreams
Admin

Elf, Mlad'rhm/ Injern

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 09:02:01 PM »

89 - Your tribe lives to an average of 500 yrs.

Physical Appearance
Niccoli is roughly 2 peds tall. He weighs roughly 1.7 ods. Niccoli  has somewhat pale skin, though it has been tanned by exposure to the sun. His hair is sun-bleached white, tied back in a ponytail, with a shell adorned clasp. Niccoli tends towards the lean muscled look, being almost skin and bones with the muscles tending to be thicker on the legs than the arms. Niccoli has a bright blue tattoo of a shark stretching across his back starting at the left shoulder and moving down and ending near the right hip. He has some light scarring on the back of his hands and over the right eyebrow. Niccoli's eyes are a rather bright green colour, and tend to glimmer in bright light. The effect of old age is slowly causing the iris to lose their colour and it no longer looks like Niccoli has much of an iris Is this some eye ailment he is inflicted with? As this is not a normal aspect for any race to undergo.. When it is dark, Niccoli's pupils expand to the point that even the less of the iris is visible, making it look like his iris is black instead of green.

You are not even 1/5th of the way through your tribe's average lif expectancy, yet you say you are old
?

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Lady Kalina
Niccoli Faust
Pal'ran
Approved Character

Elf, Sanhorrhim

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 11:09:41 PM »

oh... good point...
runs off to change it...  Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts