Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Temple Area(Voldar)  (Read 26997 times)
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2007, 02:37:45 AM »

Even though she was worried about Luna, the way that Norman understood how she and Luna were and his willingness to help them touched her. This was why she loved him. This was why she wanted to be his wife.

She was about ready to tell him not to bother himself as he was suppose to take it easy and going out into that bitter cold would not be considered taking it easy. She never got the chance for at that moment, there was a knock and then Nichea walked in with someone. Claudirea couldn't tell who it was as their face was covered, but she didn't worry about that for very long for a familiar bark rang out.

"Luna!" Claudirea cried. She hled her arms out as the wolf ran into her arms. She laughed as Luna covered her face with licks. Claudirea scratched her behind her ears.

"Your fur is cold, Luna," Claudirea said as the snow on Luna's coat melted. She put her face into Luna's pelt and left it there for a bit enjoying the warmth coming from her dear friend.

She could feel Norman's gaze upon her, but at the moment, she didn't care. Luna looked at the new ring upon Claudirea's finger quizzically, but Claudirea gave her a look that meant she would tell her later.

When she looked up next, the young man had already left so she didn't have the chance to thank him.

Luna took this time to lay down at Claudirea's feet and rest. She closed her eyes and soon fell asleep. Claudirea took this time to lean against Norman.

"So, I suppose we are to start planning a wedding," she said softly. "I admit that I don't know anything about his kind of stuff. Also, shouldn't you tell your king? I mean, you speak of him as though he is a friend and I know he would be excited to hear his Captain is getting married."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2007, 12:34:51 AM »

Norman wrapped his arms around Claudirea as she leaned against him and talked of wedding plans. She brought up the King and asked him if he was going to tell him. "All in due time, love. I just want to hold you and feel you near me."

He held her a bit tighte. "I never planned a wedding either, my first wife and her family planned ours. I was too busy with my duties at the time. However I am sure that once it has been announced there will be many who will be willing to help you, us, plan our wedding. King Voltigar and especially Damien, Commander Scar, will be pleased as a mother bear finding a lost cub, to find out I have a found a woman I wish to marry."

He chuckled, "i suppose my men will be as well,"  He saw the quizzical look upon her face. "Private joke. Ever since...the fire. I have put all my energies into my work and you could say my men took the brunt of those energies."

He laughed and held her closer and kissed her, released her lips, though he did not want to. "But now my energies will be directed in a different direction and my men will be pleased because of it."
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

Claudirea felt safe in Norman's arms. She listened to him talk about how people would be willing to work with them on their wedding. She felt glad that there would be so many, as she didn't have the first idea what was expected, especially here in a different culture then she was use to.

When he spoke of his men being pleased, she thought that he meant that his men would be happy that he found another wife, but apparently it was a different reason. She gave a small shake of her head as he told her about how his men took the brunt of his frustration and energies.

He kissed her once more as he declared that those energies would be directed in a different direction. [colo=#32cd32]"I am glad that you are willing to put that effort into this, Norman, but you shouldn't neglect your duties as well. One has to find a medium somewhere,"[/color] Claudirea spit it out before she thought about it. Inwardly she chided herself as she thougth that obviously Norman knew this as he'd been married before.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2007, 09:27:05 PM »

Norman released Claudirea and began to finish his breakfast. He could not help but keep on looking at Claudirea. He loved the way her hair fell down and framed her small face. Her eyes, nose and cheeks were perfectly formed for her small stature.  Her lips, still wet from their kisses shone and he was once again wondering why such a pretty young girl would choose him, but thanked the gods that she did.

"You keep on mentioning differences between your culture and mine. What are some of those differences and I just thought of something; please forgive me for not asking, but I know nothing of your family. We should send a messenger to them to invite them to come here, even if it is just for your mother to help you plan. You see in my culture, the mother of the bride helps the bride along with the bride's Matron of Honor and bridesmaids plan the wedding; the color or scheme of the wedding, the flowers, writing the invitations, picking out the wedding gown, and bridesmaid's dresses and their colors."
Norman stopped speaking, realizing that Claudirea had no idea what he was talking about and was probalbly becoming overwhelmed.

"Sorry, Claudirea. I have not talked this much in years and I guess it all came forth in one rush," he smiled ruefully. "In your culture, what do you do to plan for marriage? Or do you marry at all? I am as unfamiliar with your culture as you are with mine. Perhaps after we get to know each other's we can somehow combine certain elements of them both; that way your parents and friends and my friends will not be uncomfortable during the ceremony. I say my friends, because i have no other family. My father and mother both died during the war between us and Nyermersys and I have no brothes or sisters."

His voice and eyes softened as he explained. "The city was under siege for over a year and the food supply was almost but gone and had to be rationed as well as fresh water. I was far away fighting, I was only a young twenty year old Lt back then under the command of Baron Scar and had no idea what was happening in the city.  Finally, the food ran out and people began eating their dogs, cats, and the wild birds that always were flying around the city. When those were all gone, they began eating mice and rats. My parents, along with hundreds of people in the city contracted a disease from eating those vermin. I was told they died of horrible deaths; their skin turning black, they had the hardest time to catch a single breath and each time they would breathe, it would burn and cause pain; as well as having a fever that could not be controlled.  This plague, eventually spread beyond the city and killed thousands, including many of Nyermersys's army.  It was probably one of the reasons why they gave up on the siege and finally left.  I was with King Voltigar's father's army when we finally defeated the Earl of Legrimond and received the news of the city and my parents deaths. When we finally arrived back to Voldar, several months later, they were still burining corpses of the dead outside of the city."

Norman paused, his eyes mirroring the sights he saw that day. He then brightened up. "Anyway that was a long time ago, my parents were good people and I am sure the gods took good care of them. The elves say that a Goddess, named Seyella, chooses what happens to those who die; those who were good are sent to a place where it is peaceful and beautiful, those who lived wicked lives are sent to Queprur and eventually wind up in Coor's domain. Queprur is the Goddess of Death, and Coor is the elven equivalent of the opposite of their Goddess Ava, who is the Goddess that created the world and everything in it. I do not know all of the Elven beliefs, but I like to think of my parents in that happy, peaceful and beautiful place and that someday I will be reunited with them."

Norman fell silent...
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »

The messenger burst through the temple doors, sending many healer apprentices scattering as they tried to protect their temple from whoever had come uninvited into their sanctuary. They all sighed relief when they saw that it was only a messenger from the Palace. But when the messenger almost collapsed from exhaustion they rushed forward to offer whatever assistance they could.

"Ni..Nichea, needed at Palace now! King's orders," the man gasped.

Nichea had come out of the room where Norman and Claudirea were when he heard the commotion. As soon as he heard the messengers report he quickly grabbed his bag, threw on his cloak and rushed outside; fortunately the messenger's horse was standing outside the door. Nichea quickly grabbed the reins, jumped on the saddle and with practiced hands had the horse and himself galloping through the streets, scattering not only people but animals as well as he spurred the horse on.  His only thought was that the King needed medical attention.

OOC Nichea post will continue at the Palace thread, and Norman is waiting for Claudirea to speak.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2008, 04:18:26 AM »

Claudirea's heart broke as Norman told her about what had happened to his parents. She could not imagine the great pain that he must have felt. They didn't even receive a proper burial. She stroked the back of Luna's ears as she listened to the rest of his tale. When he was finished, she spoke.

"I'm so sorry for the pain you've been through, Norman," she said in a soft voice, tears glimmering in her eyes. "I cannot even imagine if something like that had happened to my parents. War is never a pretty sight, or so I've heard. I've never actually seen a war or a battle before. I pray that I never will have to see one, and that you'll never have to go through something like that again.

"Onto happier subjects, you asked me if we get married in my culture. Yes, we do. We get married fairly young and most of the time they are arranged, but the parents do respect the children's wishes if they feel that they will not be a proper mate to the person whom the parents have chosen."

Claudirea started to stare off into space as she thought about her days back in the village. "My parents never forced me to take a mate. They understood that I had no feelings towards any of the young men in the village and I was far to restless to settle down. One of my friends, however, did get married a couple of years before I left home. Her name was Aria and she was beautiful. She had an arranged marriage, but the man to whom she was getting married to was a boy that she had grown up with.

"Because we were a small village, everyone knew the bride and groom, and thus everyone was involved in preparing the wedding. The women were responsible for finding the proper flowers and plants that would bless the couple, preparing the soup that they would drink the night of their wedding to ensure their fertility, and all the decorations. The men were in charge of hunting the animals that would be eaten at the wedding feast, preparing the young groom for his wedding night, and making sure the spirits were happy with this union.

"The wedding itself was beautiful. They shared their vows in front of the Elders and the Clan Leaders. Then came the feast. It was delicious. That went well into evening. All those who had not yet had their Seeking of the Spirit were sent to their homes and to bed. The rest of us watched as the bride and groom drank the soup together. After that, they took off their ceremonial clothes before the spiritual leaders and went into the sacred hut were they consummated their marriage. After they were finished, the spiritual leaders went into the hut to make sure that Aria could please her husband. She could.

"And...well...that's the basis of our weddings. From what you said, yours are completely different." Claudirea gave a small smile. "I think that we should more of yours, since that is what the people around here are use to. Perhaps the King would allow us to hold it in his beautiful garden." She turned to look at Norman, joy shining in her eyes as she thought about spending the rest of her life with this wonderful man who had been through so much heartache.

Leaning closer to him, she nuzzled against the side of his cheek slightly as she whispered into his ear, "I love you, Norman Graaves, and I'm looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you." She gently kissed his cheek and kissed him gently along his jawline, moving towards his mouth, where she started to kiss him gently, before increasing the passion as time went on.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »

"I'm so sorry for the pain you've been through, Norman," she said in a soft voice, tears glimmering in her eyes. "I cannot even imagine if something like that had happened to my parents. War is never a pretty sight, or so I've heard. I've never actually seen a war or a battle before. I pray that I never will have to see one, and that you'll never have to go through something like that again.

Norman looked down at her face and saw the tears mirrored in her eyes as she spoke. It was this gentleness, this caring...this love that drew him to her in the first place and then...faster than a blink she changed the subject which was fine with him.

"Onto happier subjects, you asked me if we get married in my culture. Yes, we do. We get married fairly young and most of the time they are arranged, but the parents do respect the children's wishes if they feel that they will not be a proper mate to the person whom the parents have chosen..."

His face slowly broke into a huge grin as he listened to her tell him about her people and their marriage customs. There were a couple of times he wanted to interrupt and correct her about a few things as well as ask her what she meant about a few things as well, but he let her continue until she finally stopped talking and then started acting.

She began by kissing him lightly on his cheek, then on his jawline, which sent shivers down his spine, and then she kissed his lips and her kiss was not so chaste, but it burst forth like a flower blooming with passion and warmth. Warmth that Norman was not yet quite ready to give. He loved Claudirea with all his heart, but they were not married yet and this type of kissing could lead to...

He gently pushed her away, a bit breathless. "For a small woman, you sure do have large appetites," he said, then he noticed her confusion. "I am not good with words Claudirea. I love you so much, I just do not want to spoil our consumation of our marriage, and the way we were kissing...well...you know, don't you?" He asked, stammering, feeling the rush of blood up his neck.

"Besides, shortly we will have a lifetime together. I think we should perhaps leave here and go to the Palace and ask his Majesty if he will allow us to be married in his wonderful gardens," he said with a grin, as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, tilted her head toward his and kissed her once more, but this time it was not quite as deep and passionate as the ones before.

It was almost as if the staff of the Temple were spying on them, for suddenly two healers came in at just the right moment. "We came to clear off your breakfast dishes, " a young boy said.

"And to ask you if there was anything else we can do to help you?" A bit older woman asked. She looked at Claudirea and with an exaggerated expression in her voice, "Why Miss Claudirea? You seem to be flushed. Are you ill?" She asked, with an innocent look upon her cherub looking face.

Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2008, 09:11:19 AM »

Claudirea felt bad about what had happened. She had never had feelings like this before. All of a sudden, thoughts of bedding Norman had come rushing into her head, and she felt powerless to stop them. Thus, she had acted upon them and was now feeling ashamed of herself.

To make it even worse, two healers chose that time to come in, right after Norman had finished chiding her. The older woman asked her if she was feeling ill. Claudirea couldn't tell if she honestly didn't know or was just saying that to be polite. Claudirea made herself busy by piling the plates together.

"I'm fine, thank you. Just a bit tired from all the excitement." She finished piling them and handed them to the young man. "And I don't believe that I need anything, thank you."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2008, 02:09:28 AM »

"We will be leaving for the Palace. Do you perchance know where Miss Claudirea's and my outer cloaks are?" Norman asked to also help cover Claudirea's slight embarrassement. He hoped he did not hurt her feelings. He wanted her so much that it hurt. More than anyother woman, besides his first wife, that he had ever met; of course there were not that many women he had met over the years who had wanted him.

"Yes, Captain. I shall get them for you," the woman answered quickly and dissapeared along with the boy, who nodded his thanks to Claudirea for helping him with the dishes.

The woman came back quickly and gave them their cloaks. Norman helped Claudirea on with hers, then put his on, he grimmaced just a little as he did so in pain from his wound.

He led Claudirea out into the outer chamber. "I do not know what the weather is like dear, so we should be prepared."

He opened the outer door and sunshine streamed in. Though the wind was cool, the sun was a welcomed warmth. He waited for Claudrea to go through.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2008, 09:33:29 AM »

Silently Claudirea thanked Norman for helping her with her embarrassment. She still felt bad about trying to push Norman farther than he wanted to go. She was glad that the woman didn't say anything else about her face being flushed.

Standing up, she disturbed Luna, who had been resting peacefully by their feet. Luna stood up, placed her front paws in front of her and gave a large yawn with a stretch to match it. Shaking her head and most of her body, she walked out of the way as Norman helped Claudirea put her coat on.

She noticed his grimace as he placed his own coat upon him. Holding her tongue, she figured that he wouldn't want her pestering him about his wound all the time. Walking with him to the outer chamber and waited while he held the door open.

Looking outside, she saw that the sun had come out and the snow had started to melt slightly. She smiled and closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of the  sun upon her. Luna gave a small bark and raced through the door out into the sun, happy that once more she could stretch her tired muscles. Claudirea smiled and walked out after Luna, spinning once or twice, her hair flowing out behind her.

Giving a small laugh, she looked back at the temple. "Are you coming, Norman?" she asked with a smile.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2008, 01:09:27 AM »

Norman had almost forgotten about Luna until they got ready to leave and then she got up, stretched to her full length and when he opened the outer door after he and Claudirea were dressed, Luna bounded out of the door, barking as she went, and jumping and running like a pup.

Claudirea went outside and she too seemed to act like her wolf, enjoying the sunshine, twirling around in the street and laughing.  Norman could not help but feel such joy and happiness to think that this lovely, carefree woman would want to be his wife: not only want to be, but desires to be! That was the wonderful mystery that he was thinking of when suddenly she turned to him and asked.

"Are you coming, Norman?"

She was smiling at him and he just loved her more.

He smiled back at her. "Yes, I am coming. I was just enjoying the view," he answered as he closed the Temple door behind him, walked up to Claudirea, wrapped his arms around her, the pain his wound gave him unnoticed as he looked down at her smiling face and kissed her softly of the lips. He stopped kissing her and pulled her closer to him and whispered into her ear, "I cannot wait until we are married. You have made me so very happy."

He could feel tears well up in his eyes and did not want Claudirea to see them, so he quickly turned her around, his good arm still around his waist as he cleared his eyes before looking back at her. Then Luna barked again and jumped at them both and then began trotting in the direction of the Palace.

"I swear Claudirea that Luna knows what we are going to do before we even do. Is she that intuitive?" he asked as they walked close together on the street.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2008, 01:51:50 PM »

Claudirea was in heaven as Norman held her against him. His breath gently tickled her ear, but all she did was giggle, for his words touched her to her very soul. She wanted to be married to Norman so badly. Yet, she knew that it would be best to wait, no matter how much her body wanted it otherwise.

Quite suddenly, Norman spun her around so that she could not see his face. She was confused by this, but knew that he would never do anything that would hurt her, so she trusted him. Perhaps he was trying to hide how much pain he really was in. That made sense to Claudirea, so she thought about it for a moment, but didn't say anything out loud. Instead, she watched as Luna was barking and jumping and running. Finally, she gave a bark and jumped at them before trotting off towards the palace.

"I swear Claudirea that Luna knows what we are going to do before we even do. Is she that intuitive?"

Claudirea gave a small laugh as she started walking down the street. "It's not like she's dumb, you know. She understands us. That, and wolves are some of the smartest things around."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]