Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vagabond's Hideout(Nyermersis)  (Read 2694 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« on: January 29, 2006, 02:23:23 AM »

In the SouthWest corner of the youngest district in Nyermersys, the Southern City, lies a hodge-podge of rickety buildings and ominous looking structures. Here lies the poorest area of the city, rife with shady characters and dealings, a haven for those of "unconventional enterprises" and those who lack the means to take up residence in the more expensive parts of the city. This place is well known among the residents of Nyermersys as the "Vagabonds' Hideout".

Those better acquainted with the reputation of Vagabonds' Hideout will know that it is notorious for its various smuggling rackets, among other questionable activities and establishments, like gambling houses and brothels. The wisest thing about venturing into Vagabonds' Hideout is not to venture in there in the first place ... unless one had ... specific reasons in mind

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:11:06 AM »

He was surprised that he was not recognized as he walked through Nyer's streets but those who were about gave him no notice, at least not that he could see.  He took out a piece of paper, stopped and gave it a furive glance.  He looked around and saw the landmarks the paper told him to look for and then began walking again, tearing up the paper in small little pieces letting them fly in wind every two or three paces.

He was thankful for the sun, though it peeked out for only awhile, but while it was out it warmed his body, if not his soul.  He had sold that out. Sold it for a promise. A promise of untold wealth, women and power. Not the so called power of the Earl of Nyermersys nor even the power of the King, but power over all, second only to Him, the one who he made the promise to.  A promise to a man who only demanded his soul for payment.

He found the building and quickly walked up the three rickety stairs glancing around to see if he had been followed.  The building was covered in shadow and even more so as clouds covered the sun.  He knocked twice, paused, then three times, paused once more then knocked once again.  The door swung open and he quickly entered in, the door closed behind him.

He stood still as his eyes grew accustomed to the darkness.  He was looking down a narrow hallway a man, hooded stood looking at him.  "Follow me," he said, walking down the hallway.

He followed and they walked down the hallway, went through a door, and walked through another hallway, this one turned first to the left and then to the right and then straight again and then they went through another door down some stairs, through another door and more hallways, twisting and turning; each hallway looking identical to the ones he had already walked through. He felt a sloping sensation and realized that each hallway led farther down and down. Finally they stopped in front of a large wooden door, with gold inlays of a symbol that he did not recognize.  The guide opened the door and ushered him in.   He walked in a bit hesitantly and jumped when the door shut behind him with a bang.

"Welcome" The voice came from deep within the shadows of the room.

He looked around and saw that he was in a large rectangular room, with comfortable chairs; meaning they were upholstered, and even a couch and several small tables and one large rectangular one filled with tankards of ale and flagons of wine as well as an assortment of meats and fruits.

Two large fireplaces set in alcoves on either side of the room burned brightly giving the room warmth and the only light in the place.  He peered at where the voice had come from.

"I said welcome, do you not know how to respond?" The voice asked, sending chills up his back.

"Fo..forgive me Master.  I was a bit preoccupied."

"I see. Have a seat, drink, eat, and we will speak to one another."

He nodded and quickly found a seat. He reached with trembling hands for a flagon of wine and poured himself a cup, spilling almost half of it, gulped it down to settle his nerves and poured himself another, this time without spilling too much.

The figure seemed to have appeared out of nowhere and made its way down to where he was sitting.  He froze as the dark cloaked, hooded man came out of the shadows and sat down opposite him.  A thin bony hand crept out of the man's right sleeve upon its ring finger was a large ornate ring inset with an emerald.  The firelight played across the gems many faceted face and it looked liked green flames to him.  The man reached for a flagon of wine and poured himself a cup as well.  He settled back into his chair and took a sip. "A fine vintage, don't you think so?" He asked.

Lycheus swallowed hard and nodded, "Yes Master."

There was silence, silence so thick, that Lycheus felt as if he would choke on it.

He jumped when his Master finally spoke. "So, tell me. How does our plan go?"
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 01:06:49 AM »

A gnarled finger adorned with a large ruby ring tapped thoughtfully on the chair arm as the owner listened to Lycheus.  He stopped him to ask questions.

"Baltizar had the cure for Black Heart?"

"Yes, Master. I found a small sample of it when I finally gained entrance into his room."

"I underestimated him. It is of no consequence anyway. The poison was not meant to kill the Earl. It was just an unforseen accident. However, it still did its purpose.  What else have you found out?"

"Nothing else that except..."

"Except what?" The voice that came from under the dark cowl made Lycheus's skin crawl.

"I questioned a boy and an old healer."

"And?" The voice asked menacingly.

"The boy is a liar and the old man just rambled.  I finally had them put into the dungeon."

"What?" The voice thundered.

"I..I put them in the dungeon." Lycheus blubbered.

"Did you use the potion on them I gave you?"

"Yes, Master. That is why I know the boy is a liar and the old man is delerious and they woke up in the dungeon not knowing how or why they are there."

"You are a fool, Lycheus. I should tear your heart out and feed it to the dogs.  What did the boy and the old man say.  Tell me everything."

Lycheus swallowed hard, his eyes bulging with fear. "Master the boy kept on babbling about scaling castle walls and looking through windows, Baltizars to be exact.  I know where Baltizar's chambers are located.  It is on top of the highest tower in the northern corner of the castle.  There is only one small window that faces the outside of the castle.  It is a sheer drop hundreds of peds below to the ground and crashing sea.  That is why I know he is a liar. No one can scale those walls and peep through Baltizar's window.

"As far as the old man is concerned all he babbled about was a woman called Simonne and how he loved her and how he hoped Baltizar would not find out about her and he babbled something about the Black Heart and kept on praising this woman for his love and life."

Lycheus paused his brow furrowed in deep thought. "Come to think of it the boy even babbled something about this woman and how she saved his life as well."

"Who is this Simonne?"

"I do not know Master. I have never heard of such a woman nor did I see one that was called Simonne when I was last at the castle."

The only sound in the darkness was the incessant tapping of that gnarled finger upon the wooden arm chair.

"I want you to dispose of the boy and old man and find out all you can about this woman Simonne."

"Dispose? Do you mean kill them?" Lycheus asked, his face turning more pale than it usually was.

"No, I mean get rid of them. Put them someplace where they cannot be found. This Simonne will look for them and they must not be found."

"But Master...There is no Simonne and the boy and old man will surely die in the dungeon. Why cannot they stay there?"

"You speak, but do not think Lycheus. How are you to rule if you do not have a mind?  This Simonne is real. She is a friend or lover of the old man and the boy knows her as well.  That is the certanity that she is a real person.  She will begin to look for them when she cannot find them and if she finds them in the dungeon then their will be questions asked."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 06:07:48 AM by Capher » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:04:31 AM »

Molek watched silently as Lycheus left. "You can come out now Jiro," he said sonorously, "I have need of you and we must talk."
patt0192
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »

Jiro emerged from the shadows and made himself present in the dark room with Molek. His cloak shrouded him with mysery as he adressed the man.

"I present myself..." Jiro said, through a thickly detectable accent.

He slowly removed his hood, and his face was revealed... a smug half smile, yet the humble expression of a youthful servant. The eyes were dark and cold... glassy, and translucent... mirroring past violences and sorrows.

Jiro stood erect in front of the entity that stood before him. He clasped his hands and bowed his head in the most universal sign of respect he could think of.

"Your purpose for summoning me is..?"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:45:56 AM by Jiro » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 12:56:59 AM »

OOC, If you read the post above Jiro. Molek is sitting, not standing. No big deal, it is just for your information.

"You heard all that has transpired. That fool Lycheus thinks he can rule. He could not rule a peasant village, much less Voldar.  However we need him to do our bidding and as long as he believes he will gain the Throne for helping us continue to do so."

He paused as his finger continued to tap the chair arm; as if it were pounding out the rythymn of his heartbeat.  A glint of torch light finally pierced through the shadows of the hood covering Molek's head and illuminated black lifeless eyes that, at first glance, seemed to be looking nowhere, especially at the young man standing before him, but it was only an illusion, for Molek was staring at this young assassin and questioning those who sent him his way.

"You are young to be such an accomplished assassin, if I am to believe those who recommended you.  You are also very expensive," he added, "I am going to send you on a few missions, to see for myself whether or not you are worth the price and if those who sent you my way were telling me the truth.  I tell you now, so there is no misunderstanding, if you fail me you will be the last to know. For I will exact my price from those who sent you my way; regrettably you too will die but at least you will know as your last breath escapes from your body that there were others before you."

Molek stood up. He was tall, taller than the young man who stood before him, but his dark cloak hung on a gaunt frame. "Your first mission my young friend is to gather information," he laughed cruelly, "I know, you thought I was going to ask you to kill someone, did you not?  Perhaps in time, but now I need information.  I need to know who this woman Simonne is?  I know, I already asked Lycheus to find out that information.  I believe you can find out more than just that she is just a woman. Also I need to know if the preperations for war between Nyermersys and Voldar are commencing."

He pointed his gnarled finger with the large ruby ring upon it at Jiro. "I have been told that you can meld into any situation. A master of disguise and guile. One who can extract the slightest bit of information without causing so much as a stir of suspicion to whom you extract that information from, and then if need be, dispose of that person with no qualms; whether it be a woman or man.  These and other reports I have about you. Do not fail me."

Molek sat back down and began to tap his finger again as if it was all he had to do to dismiss Jiro.
patt0192
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »

Jiro swallowed a lump of fear at Molek's insinuation of him and his assets being expendable, however he did not show any other outward signs of fear, for Molek would surely not hire an assassin who would even think of showing a hint of fear to him. He forced another servant's smile, a technique he'd perfected long ago on Cyhalloi for dealing with those accustomed to power.

"Satisfied, you will be with my skills... I assure you that much," Jiro replied, with a slight headbow.

The man was tall, and Jiro almost let out a gasp as the man towered above him. Within a split second, he made a beatiful recovery and let a nonchalant smile blanket his emotions once more.

"Young, I may be," he agreed, "but impatient I am not. You will see, and impressed you will be with my skills of espionage."

A dark grin flitted across his face, and he turned on his heel, his cape whipping around. He cast a long shadow as he strode from the room, ready to begin his mission.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 09:24:36 PM »

The room was dark, except for the faint light from a weak fire in the fireplace. Molek sat upon a chair. His rubied right ring bony fingered slowly tapped the chair's arm. In his left hand he held a small piece of parchment. It had been delivered to him by a Wyndryder. It was from the leader of his northern army, an Orc whose name was spelled Cholis, where the Ch was a growling "K" sound when spoken.  The blizzard was unfortunate as it was delaying them, as well as the rest of his armies according to the reports that he had just read from the other two armies leaders who had also sent him messages by way of Wyndryders.

The small birds were fast and had their purpose.  He put down the last report and began writing his replies, it had to be brief as the parchment had to be small enough to roll up, to be put into a small wooden tube and then tied to the bird's leg and then sent back.  He finshed them all, telling them that the delay was minor and that as soon as possible to begin their march, then tying the messages to the birds legs, he carried them to a window, he did not even seem to notice the blast of cold air that swept through the room as he opened it and let them go. He watched silenty, with soul-less black eyes as the birds to wing and soon were out of sight and then closed the window and went back to his chair and poured himself a cup of wine.

He once again began tapping his finger on the chair arm. He wondered how Jiro was doing? Lycheus should be here shortly to tell him of what is happening at the castle and who this Simonne was, who happened to know how to cure "BlackHeart"  Since the deadly poison came from a continent most did not even know about he was curious about this woman and where she had come to know the information? Was she perhaps that mysterious continent, and if so, why was she here? Was she sent by someone to thwart his plans? No, impossible. After he had acquired the poison, he killed those who gave it to him. No matter, shortly his orcish armies from the north, and his dark elven armies from the east will be soon sweeping into the lands, and while Nyermersys and its Earl fight against Voldar and its King his armies will suprise them both and wipe them off the land and then he will be King and the rebuilding of "Fa'av'aclar" will begin and the "Bone Queen" will reward him handsomely.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 11:33:24 PM »

Molek's anger knew no bounds as he raged silently inside himself, however on the outside the man who had given him the message of Christian's decision to not go to war with Voldar only seen two black orbs underneath Molek's hood and the heavily jewled bony fingered hand upon the chair's wooden armrest; one finger, with a small child's fist sized ruby, tapped a bit more rapidly upon it, then slowed down to its normal pace.

The man stood there as he waited for Molek to say something and the silence was almost unbearable. He was thinking that perhaps he should not have told Molek, on the other hand if he had not, then his life would be forfiet; either way he was sure it was anyway. 

Standing there fidgeting and thinking as fast as he could a solution came to his mind. "M'lord, all is not lost."

After a few agonizing moments Molek spoke. "How so?" he questioned with a deep voice that seemed to rise from depths of Coor's domain itself.

The man began speaking rapidly. "Christian is leaving a man in charge. A man who may have powerful nobles and friends but he, himiself, is a weak willed indivdual with grand ideas, though they are not attainable to him, he can be manipulated and I would gladly put myself in your service to help him in your plans."

Molek's finger stopped tapping. The man gave an inward sigh of relief, that tapping was driving him insane. He stood there; first on one foot then the other, waiting for Molek to speak.

"You are already in my service." Molek said, pointing the jeweled finger at him.

The man stammered, "What...what I..."

"I know what you mean," Molek interrupted, "and stop with those feet of yours. It makes me wonder if you are truely commited to our cause?"

The man quickly stood at attention. You mean your cause. he thought, but then quickly erased it from his mind; fearing that the Dark Lord could read his mind. He did not know if there was anyone who could do that but he had seen Molek do some things that could not be easily explained, unless you believed in magic and the man had not believed, until he met Molek and now he was not so sure.

"However I think there is merit in your idea and I have come up with one of my own as well," Molek continued.

"What is that M'lord and how can I be of any help?" The man asked.

"I want you to get close to this man. Become his friend...his trusted friend. A friend who can get inside the Castle and find out what or where Lycheus is? I have not heard from him in a while and that disturbs me. Also this Baltizar, the former Counselor, see if he can be of any use to us. As far as this weakling you call an Earl and his female syncophants I have other plans for them. Plans which you need not know of. If they are successful, and I have no doubt they will be, you will know soon enough." Molek said.

"Yes, M'lord. I am sure I can do what you require," the man slowly answered thinking, What plans do you have for the Earl? And what can a man who is in the dungeon do to help your cause?

"I am sure you will. Failure is not something I tolerate well," Molek said, interrupting the man's thoughts.

Molek waved his hand dismissing the man. "Now leave me," he ordered.

The man turned and then turned back, " I beg your indulgence M'lord. But may I ask you a question?" The man knew that he was pushing but he needed to know.

Molek turned his eyes upon the man.

The man began felt beads of sweat slowly drip down his brow, down upon the bridge of his nose and gather at the end until it grew large enough to fall and plop silently upon floor beneath him though the room was cold as ice. The only warmth came from a small fireplace set in an alcove on the far wall.

Finally Molek spoke. "You may?"

"I...I was wondering about the war? Will you still attack even if Voldar and Nyermersys are not waring?"

"Oh, yes. My armies are even now beginning to move. You need not concern yourself about that nor your reward for helping me," Molek answered.

The man smiled.

"Unless you fail me," Molek continued.

The man's smile quickly vanished.

"Now if I have quenched your thirst for knowledge, leave me," Molek said, his voice and demeamour told the man that even if he had other questions it would be best to not ask them, at least not now.

The man bowed deeply, "Thank you M'lord for indulging your servants question," he then rose, turned and quickly walked out of the room. He did not feel like Molek was watching him until he closed the door behind him and after walking up the many stairs and through many doors he finally stepped into sunshine. Finally he felt...safe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]