Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon of Voldar  (Read 13618 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 03:43:22 AM »

Trelor had been told the Orc knew how to speak but when Grunok finally spoke, Trelor was surprised that he actually understood him; Of course listening to so many tortured souls made his ear attuned to different sounds of vowels and constantants.

Trelor walked into the cell, stood in front of the orc and shouted. "Look at me! Look at me you murderous creature! My name is Trelor. I am the Warden of this place. Your life is in my hands! Your destiny is in my hands! I hold it and I can crush it as easily as I crush the bug at my feet.  You and I are going to have a little chat in my chambers.  If you tell me what I know I will make sure your death is quick and painless.  If you do not...then be assured your death will be unmercifully slow, and very... very... painful."

Trelor paused as he peered at the orc, wiping the sweat off of his bald head. "In a way I hope you do not tell me what i want to know."  Turning his back upon the orc he begins to walk out of the cell. "Tilath, you and your men will bring this beast to my chambers. Make sure he is well chained and guarded at all times.  I would hate to be you if anything happens to him before he arrives."

Tilath sadly nodded, "Yes Sir. I understand."

"Good, I will expect him shortly. I go now to prepare my chamber for him."  Trelor said as he left and walked to his right then left to the main hall and then right again down the long hall to his chamber built into solid rock at the end of the hallway.

Tilath waited until Trelor was gone then motioned for Reif to come over.  Reif came quickly, "What is it?" He asked.

"I need you to find Damien and just in case he is with anyone or anyone is near just tell him that Tilath says that your friend goes to the chamber.  He will understand and hopefully will be able to help."

"I am on my way.  Where would I find him?" Reif said as he was about to bolt toward the outside door.

"Look for him at Arth's. At least start there and then if he is not there...I don't know, ask someone.  Just find him and quickly!" Tilath said.

"Right." Reif replied and ran toward the door.

Then Tilath waved the rest of his men over. "I guess we better get Grunok ready."

"But what about the promise we made to the Commander." One said.

"We told him we would try and stop Trelor from getting Grunok, but we would not disobey our orders.  The order was given."

The guards all turned with sad eyes upon Grunok. One of the younger soldiers, who could not bear to hear the torturous sounds come from the Warden's chamber whispered; tears forming in his eyes. "It would be better if Grunok would fight and we killed him than to let him be brought to that butcher."

"Yes, it probably would," said Tilath putting his arm around the young mans shoulder, "Maybe if I explained everything to Grunok, he may want to go out that way instead of the way Trelor has planned for him.  But the best thing is if Damien can figure out a way to release Grunok before Trelor starts in on him."

"Do you think the Commander can find a way?" The young man asked, wiping the tears away from his face.

"If anyone can, it is the Commander.  Now we have a job to do."

The guards all nodded silently and began to move toward Grunok, their pikes ready, but not willing as they prepared to move him.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 07:22:22 AM »

As the bald man speaks Grunok's vision clears, although his head remains a little fuzzy. He doesn't have to shout! thinks the orc. The man leaves, and Grunok watches and listens as the guards talk amongst themselves. Hearing their words,  the enormity of his position begins to sink in. He turns pained eyes on to an older man, and asks him, "Whut is hap-puh-ningh? Wherr is Day-me-unn?"

Grunok's CD

Norkin
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 04:06:22 AM »

The smith smiles appreciativily when the soilder walks into his cell with a very attractive looking plate of beef ,bread and cheese. Norkin licks his lips.

"Hey Norkin, dinner time. Compliments of the Commander." Said the guard.

Compliments of the commander? thought the smith. That  means Damien's sorting it out!. A broad smile begins to appear the on Norkin's face. There was some hope for him for and Grunok now. The guard has just leaving his cell when norkin timidly mutters

" Thank You "

And there the smith sat, in a more comfortable position than before, no longer feeling hopeless. With his fingers he tears a small piece of beef from what he had been given, popped it into his mouth and began to ate it. It has surprising easy to chew as if it had been boiled for hours, but it was juicy and flavourful at the same time. As he began to tear his bread he heard a very surprised voice. It said

"You will not believe who is here?".

Norkin strained to hear the other man's reply but picked two words. Sergant Rhuel. Norkin began to panic, Rhuel had out him in here. He took one of the rags remaining from his shirt and wrapped up his food and buried the bundle in the pile of straw he would be sleeping in. Norkin then sat, fearing the actions of the vengeful Sergant. Then heard another phrase, it sounded like Rhuel. He said

"I may be here, but it will be for a short time"

A short time?. Rhuel wasn't here to check up on them, he was being put in a cell! Damien had done something! Norkin, relieved, takes his food bundle out of the straw, unwraps it and begins to happily nibble a slice of bread.

What can possibly go wrong now?

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 12:52:22 AM »

Quote:
s hap-puh-ningh? Wherr is Day-me-unn?"

Tilath listened to the plaintive voice. He sadly shook his head at Grunok.  He wondered if Grunok would understand.  He decided to make it simple. "Grunok, you are to be taken to the Warden's chambers.  It is not a nice place.  Damien has been stripped of his command.  I am not sure if you understand that, but Damien can not help you as the Commander." hopefully Damien can help some other way. Tilath thought. "In the meantime, we have to wash you and prepare you to go to the Warden's chamber.  Please stand up and allow us to wash you.  I would allow you to wash yourself, but you must remain chained to the wall, so therefore you cannot wash yourself."

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 12:56:22 AM »

Reif

Rief suddenly opens Norkin's cell door.  "Quick hide the food and take off your shift. The Warden is here and if he finds you like this we will all be going to his chamber.  I have to go warn the other prisoners.  Now do as your told."

Rief then locked the cell and ran to another one, telling that prisoner the same thing.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 07:38:22 PM »

Cogs groaned back into motion within Grunok's skull. Damian is no longer the Commander...

Grunok's thought process are still in his native tongue, and the concept does not really translate well. 'M'ashzuck', loosley meaning 'no longer a leader' also roughly translates to 'dead'.

So it is that Grunok reacts with surprise, followed by a galvanising of his will. His eyes narrow and his posture changes and, unbeknownst to Grunok he now looks every inch the bloodthirsty Losh-Oc he is called. "Hoo did thisss?" asks Grunok of the tall, grey-bearded man in a low, hissing rumble.  

Grunok's CD

Norkin
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 12:03:22 AM »

Norkin sat there in his cell, cheerfully chewing some of his roast beef when a guard came by his cell

"Quick hide the food and take off your shift. The Warden is here and if he finds you like this we will all be going to his chamber. I have to go warn the other prisoners. Now do as your told." said the guard

What? Warden? So many questions floated around in Norkin's head. Once he had taken what had happened he wrapped up his food in the rag that he had used before, buried his food in the straw bed and tried to look miserable.

He heard faint mumblings coming from the direction where they took Grunok. He strained to listen. He heard a very accented voice.

"Wherr is Day-me-unn?"

Ah Damien, when will he be here to help? thought the smith.

"...Damien is no longer the commander.." was all he could pick out.

WHAT!!!!! Damien not the commander! Why? What did he do?. Now Norkin didn't have to try and look miserable, he was miserable. All hope had been abandoned, looked like he was stuck here for good.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 10:44:22 PM »

Tilath

Tilath scratches his head. "There is only one man who could have stripped Damien of his command, Grunok; that man is the King.  But Damien has friends and I know that he and they will find a way to get you out of here. I hope Tilath thought.  "In the meantime, please stand up so we can wash you.  I will stall as long as I can until I have to send you to the Warden."

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 06:58:22 AM »

Grunok stands with a clanking of chains, but his mind is elsewhere.  His brow is furrowed in anger and all his muscles are tensed as he feels the killing rage thrum through his body.  Damien is dead, and the King killed him.  Well, now I will kill the King.  Damien was my friend, and I will avenge him.  

His eyes unfocus as he thinks about what Tilath said.  Damien has friends... that must mean Thai.  Well, Thai is no warrior, so that means it is up to me to get myself out of this place.  Consciously, Grunok relaxes his muscles, staying at the ready but trying not to overtax himself before time.  I may not be true-orc anymore, he thinks, but I am still a warrior.  It is up to me to avenge Damien's death.  I will kill this King.

Grunok's CD

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 11:51:22 PM »

Tilath watched Grunok's face and saw the scowl and Grunok's muscles tense.  At first, Tilath thought that Grunok would try and break free, but soon he settled down.  Tilath motioned to the guards to begin washing Grunok.  

All of the guards slowly shook their heads no. "Nope Sgt. we don't like the look in his eyes."

"But he is chained to the wall." Tilath replied.

"We don't care.  If he somehow has strength to break those chains, whose neck is he going to go after first...ours. So if you want him washed, you do it, we will watch behind closed doors."

"But Grunok knows your Damien's friends, he would not hurt you." Tilath said looking at Grunok, smiling, hoping that what he said was true.

"Yeah, and he knows that as well from you too. So you wash and we watch, behind closed doors."

Tilath glared at his men. "I could put you all on report you know."

"Yeah, but you won't."

"Ok, Ok I will wash Grunok." Tilath said resignedly.  He picked up a soft bristled brush with a long handle and dumped it into a bucket of water.  The water was warm as it had been hanging over a firepit.  He then advanced upon Grunok. "I am going to bathe you, wash you Grunok with this brush. Do not be afraid, it will not hurt you or harm you."  Tilath tentatively put the brush against Grunoks heaving chest muscles and began to brush him down.  The brush shook violently from Tilath's shaking muscles.  He kept wary eyes upon Grunok and the door.

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 01:13:22 PM »

Grunok barely registers the banter between the guards, focussed as he is on what lies ahead.  He stands silently as he is washed down, moving when necessary to aid the human in his task.  At any other time he might have felt somewhat ashamed of his position - to be washed by a member of the lesser races - but in his current mental state he manages to look quite dignified, as if he was a king and poor Tilath his servant, preparing him for a stately occasion.  

As it is, Grunok only waits for the time when he can get his hands on the man who he believes killed his friend.  His fingers flex slightly in bloodthirsty anticipation.

Grunok's CD

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 11:27:22 PM »

Tilath finished washing down Grunok. "There Grunok, I took as much time as I could before I have to send you to Trelor, the Warden.  I am sorry but you are going to have to go to him naked.  The hallway to his chambers is a bit damp so I am going to let one of these hands go and let you dry yourself off with these rags.  Take your time.  I was hoping that Damien would have come up with a plan to rescue you before I had to send you to Trelor.  Let's give him as much time as we can, without making the Warden angry."

Tilath unlocked one of Grunoks hands from the wall.  And gave him some rags to dry himself off with.  "I am going to be outside of your cell Grunok, just call when you are finished and remember to take your time"

Tilath walked out, locking the cell door behind him. He mumbled under his breath, "Where or where are you Damien?"

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2005, 06:45:22 AM »

Grunok takes the rags, holding them in his newly unshackled hand and waits for the pins-and-needles sensation from his arm being held above his head to subside.  A minute or more passes, and once the sensation abates he begins to scrub absently at himself with the rags.

Battle strategies flit through his mind, reflecting the bunch of ripped cloth that Tilath had handed to him - ragged and wispy, the remains of once cohesive things.  There is only me, he thinks, discarding plan after plan as suitable only for inter-clan warfare, with many other orcs at his side. No matter.  Who needs strategy to defeat a Chron-Pthok?  Not I.  I will rend this King as easily as I have rent other vermin before him!  No mere human could be as strong as a Losh-Oc, King or no!  This King will pay in blood for the death of my comrade!

Grunok, having worked himself up into something of a frenzy, casts aside the rags and roars "Tilathh! I am redy!"

Grunok's CD

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 01:26:22 AM »

Tilath heard Grunok yell he was ready.  He looked at his men and said. "I have been thinking about this. I do not think that Damien can muster the forces yet, not enough time to save Grunok.  I know I promised him and you all that I would not jeopardize our lives or our careers by not doing our jobs. I am old and had a long life, so I am going to ask you all something.  I will give my part of the Uryant to be divided among you if you allow Grunok to escape."

The men murmured then one spoke, "Even if we let Grunok escape down here, he would have to fight his way through the other guards up stairs."

"I thought of that. But I was thinking that if we take Grunok to Trelor, but just pretend he was shackled and tell Grunok that Trelor is his enemy. What do you think Grunok would do?" Asked Tilath.

The men smiled, "Well, for one thing we would not have a Warden, that's for sure."

"Exactly, and then after he takes care of the Warden he goes up the secret stairs to the Kings chamber.  What do you think then?"

"Now your talking about murdering the King.  I don't know if I am willing to go that far."  The rest murmured their assent.

"What do think the King would do to us when he finds out that Grunok killed his cousin?" Tilath asked.  The men murmured again. "Correct, he would have all of our heads. So I just thought that if we have no King, we save our heads.  Besides, with the Uryant, you could all escape to someplace else and live a pretty comfortable life."

"What about Lycheus?" One asked.

"Well after Grunok is in the Castle, the only way out is through Lycheus."

"Yeah, and about a hundred or so guards. Your putting a death sentence upon Grunok."

"Yes, I am.  But I figure that Grunok would rather go out fighting than being Trelor's victim, he is a Losh-Oc after all, wouldn't you say?"

The men thought and they all said yes.

"So I will tell Grunok our plan then.  Oh there is a downfall to this plan."

"Besides what you have already told us?"

"Yeah, we are all going to have to get hurt, that is besides me."

"How hurt and how come not you?"

"Alot of cuts and burises and maybe some broken bones and as far as I am concerned who do you think is going to lead Grunok up the secret stairs.  I will die fighting with him.  If any of you come across Damien, tell him it was my decision and to take care of my family."

Some of the men began to disagree. Tilath cut them off. "It is my decision.  I am old, I lived a long life and if I can help get rid of the stink of this city before I go, then I do so gladly. So do we have a deal?" Tilath asked.

The men talked amongst themselves, turned back at Tilath. "Deal" they all said.

"Ok, I am very proud of you all.  Here is the Uryant. I am going to go tell Grunok our plan. Do not forget to give Reif's his share."

Then Tilath headed for Grunok's cell door once again.  He felt alive.

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2005, 11:35:22 PM »

Tilath opened Grunok's cell door, walked in smiling. "Ok, Grunok I hope you can understand this, " he said as he began to unshackle Grunok's other hand. "We are, the guards loyal to Damien, are going to allow you to escape, sort of."  Tilath paused wondering if Grunok would understand the subilties of his plan.  Finally he just decided to forget the subilties and just tell Grunok what is expected of him and what will probably happen to him and to himself as well.

"Grunok, there are six guards out there, they will pretend to try and stop you from escaping.  You must hurt them, but not kill them.  Then I will pretend to chase you down to where the Warden's chambers are.  You will be given a weapon. Once you reach the Warden's chambers, who by the way is the Kings cousin, kill him.  I will be behind you."  

"After the Warden is dead.  I will lead you up some secret stairs to the Kings private bedchamber.  He always has two personal guards with him at all times.  I will take care of the guards, you kill the King.  Then comes the hard part.  I am afraid big fellow," Tilath continued on as he unshackled Grunok's feet, "That we then must face a hundred or so soldiers to get out of the castle.  There is a pasty faced man name of Lycheus who will muster these soldiers to kill us after you kill the King.  But do not be concerned I will be at your side and Ava willing, or whatever your Orcish gods may be, we will kill Lycheus and take as many of those soldiers with us before we die.  It is a good day to die."

Tilath finished unshackling all of Grunok, threw him not a shift, but the largest leather armoured suit he could find with chainmail attached to it. "Here were this. And now I have a surprise for you."  Tilath walked back to the opening of the cell door and reached out, several guards gave him the weapon.  It was a wicked weapon, a weapon Tilath hoped Grunok would think worthy; A huge massive spiked steel mace.  It was so heavy that it took Tilath both hands and he had to almost drag it to Grunok.  "Here, I hope this is worthy of you?" Tilath asked as he gave the weapon to Grunok.

The guards outside of the cell, prepared themselves to get hurt.

Meanwhile in Trelors chambers.  Trelor was sitting at a whet stone sharpening his instruments of torture.  The table where he planned on putting Grunok was clean and fitted with extra duty heavy guage steel cuffs for the wrists and ankles.  He was humming to himself as he worked.  

His latest invention of torture sat in the corner gleaming with hundreds of spikes set in two doors.  A prisoner was put inside this monstrosity and then the doors were closed and locked.  The spikes then with water hydraulic power could be manipulated to pierce the poor soul within at the torturer's discretion.  The torturer could make the poor soul bleed a little or alot, depending upon what he wanted.  At the bottom of this chamber, were sliding steel doors, where if Trelor so chose, he could open them up and allow his rat friends to enter and dine upon the poor soul as well.  Eventually when Trelor was finally finished and had his fun, he would let his friends finish the rest of the corpse and then discard the bones, like so much trash.  He glanced over at his newest invention and a wicked smile came upon his face.  His newest toy will be put to the test for sure, for an Orc was going to be its first victim.

He stopped and wondered, what is taking them so long?

Capher.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]