Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon of Voldar  (Read 13613 times)
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 01:10:23 PM »

Kain carefully rubs his thin wrists, intrigued by this days events. Why would the king wish to see him, and save him from the cutting block. Perhaps the man had seen that Kain was attacking one of his favored servents, as the elf had heard great things of this Scar fellow, who Darien had attacked before Kain gave him a taste of true power. Infact, Kain had heard many things from his gaurds, of an assassination and a new king. His mind was racing for possibilites, though the truth was too strange for even his cunning to cerebrate. He realizes that at least he is leaving this cell, and though it was not the worst accomidation he had fared, he could well do with a bath and some real clothing. He was pale from a lack of sunlight, and his long, thin body was covered in thin rags. Dirt caked the thin creases on his face, and his hair was wild and unkempt.

He was not nearly as weak as he appeared, however, having made sure that he was fed and watered well. He knew just what the gaurds had heard, and used it to his advantage. Still, certain aspects of his life were taken from him when he was incarcerated. Where is Moh'epher? I require it's touch as the sustainance of my body. His voice is thin and ragged. He makes an attempt to stand, but falls back to his obviously frail knees. His emeciated body shudders and he looks up at the warden. My body has lost the vigor of its youth, without the blade's sustaining energies, I am unsure as to my capability. While his words were lies, and he felt stronger that he had in a long time, it would not hurt if he could reobtain the sword. Next he would need his cloak, with all of the reagents, scrolls, and other magical paraphenalia that he had within it.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 01:30:23 AM »

Warden Tillath

Warden Tillath watched very carefully as Kain rubbed his wrists after he had been unshackled.  He was silent for some time then he asked,
Quote:
Where is Moh'epher? I require it's touch as the sustainance of my body.
 Tillath frowns as he tries to comprehend what the man was talking about when Kain speaks again after trying to stand but falling to his kees.
Quote:
My body has lost the vigor of its youth, without the blade's sustaining energies, I am unsure as to my capability
 Now! Tillath understood what that strange name was, it was the name of the man's weapon.

Tillath shook his head no, "No, no weapon will be given to you.  If you are too weak to stand and walk my guards will help you do so.  Outside of this cell and in the courtyard is a tub of hot water, some soap, clean clothes and then a decent meal before you go see the King.  Those are the only options you have to get out of this cell.  If you insist upon more, then I will take you to the King as you are.  This is only a courtesy I offer you as one man and warrior to another." Tillath replied.  His voice was soft and calm, but underneath he wondered if the man, Kain was really as weak as he appeared, or was he playing a role?  Since Tillath did not know he did as any good soldier would, not give the man the benefit of the doubt until the prisoner showed him otherwise.  "So, do you need help standing and walking or can you do it by yourself?"  Tillath asked after a few moments, his eyes never leaving Kains.  

Capher.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 06:15:23 AM »

You have a wisdom from beyond your years. I shall walk of my own accord, you have impressed me. Kain stood, and follows the group of gaurds to his bath and food. He submits himself to their will, seeing that they would do him no harm. He feels refreshed after his bath, and the dark reek of the cells leaves his skin without too much trouble. He eats heartily and quickly, muttering about not wanting to keep a king waiting, then stands once more and queries. Must I present myself to nobility in rags, or shall my frame don more suitible cloth? He pulls at the worn and dirty rags he had been given for his stay in the dungeons.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 02:32:23 AM »

OOC, Sorry Kain, but I forgot it was raining and very cold outside so the tub of water and food are inside the dungeon, where the guards usually eat and drink.

Quote:
You have a wisdom from beyond your years. I shall walk of my own accord, you have impressed me.

Tillath was not surprised to see Kain walk out on his own, somehow his instincts told him that Kain was stronger than he looked. Though...the past few weeks that he had been in the cell, had paled the man, some.

Tillath scratched at his iron-grey beard and wondered how old a man would have to be to have wisdom beyond his fifty plus years. "I have been a soldier from my youth and besides I was taught by the best, at least the best that I know of, Kain. His name is Damien Scar, Commander of all of the guards of Voldar."

Tillath waited until Kain finished eating and then Kain asked,
Quote:
Must I present myself to nobility in rags, or shall my frame don more suitible cloth?"

Tillath almost smiled, "Are you trying to trick me again, Kain.  We searched your clothing and found many interesting items inside your cape.  Since you are a magician, I am sure that there are probably pockets that even we could not find.  But I will not embarrass you by presenting you to the King in these rags.  I think I have found some clothes for you to wear.  They are not as fancy as the ones you came in with, but they will be suitable."  He motioned to one of the guards who came out with a dark brown pair of clean pants, a soft woolen light colored shirt over which he could put on a light brown tunic and on top of them all were a pair of grey woolen socks, and a pair of soft leather, hard-soled black boots.  He placed them upon the table in front of Kain and then stepped back.

"I hope they fit you.  You can change here. I am afraid because of your alleged crimes and because you are a magician, you will have to change in front of myself and my guards.  But with the fire blazing, it should be warm enough for you to quickly change.  We must not keep the King waiting."  Tillath said.

Capher.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »

They will do fine. The elf responds curtly, and grabs the clothes. He had undergone greater humiliation. He slips into the pants and shirt, and while they are not quite long enough, they are a sight better than the rags. He looks at himself for a moment, and shakes his head. You are still blessed with the ignorace of youth. All humans are. Waiting is only a perception. With some effort, he is able to pull the boots upon his feet, and stands. This Damien Scar, I saw him once. Did he recover from his wounds? I was chasing down the criminal who attacked him. That was just before you grasped me. He gives a bemused grin. And motions for the human to lead them to the king.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006, 02:21:23 AM »

Warden Tillath

"You shall soon see. Commander Scar is with the King."

Warden Tillath made a phlanx around Kain and himself with his men.  Two men with crossbows, tightly wound and ready to shoot were behind Kain. He knew they were about to go outside and would have to walk the streets to get to the palace, as the secret way into the palace through Trelor's chamber of horrors had been cleansed with fire and then walled up.  He grabbed an outer heavy cloak for himself and Kain.  "Here put this on. It is a very cold and rainy day. I would not like to have become sick."  

Tillath led walked by Kain's side as the group walked the streets toward the palace.  The wind had died down some and the rain was just a light drizzle, but it was a very cold drizzle.  Tillath was glad he grabbed his outer cloak.  As he walked by Kain's side something that Kain had said made him question, "Kain, you said you were chasing the man that attacked Commander Scar.  Why?" Tillath asked curiously.

Capher.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2006, 01:26:23 PM »

Kain takes the cloak without a word, and places it on thin shoulders. The cold does not bother him so much as the rain. Water never seems to dry once it got under your clothes. He thinks about this as he followed the human, though his mind can't help but stray to the crossbows behind him, and their steel tipped bolts. For a moment he wonders how rare it is for a crossbow to accidentally fire.

The grey skys bring a weight to Kain's heart, as if they are of iron. He pulls his cloak closer to his skin, attempting to ward of the darts of water that continue to splash at his feet and head. Drizzle though it may be, Kain does not like it.

"Kain, you said you were chasing the man that attacked Commander Scar. Why?" Kain ponders this for less than a second. His responce is quick and calculated It is what I do

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2006, 12:54:23 AM »

Warden Tillath

Quote:
"It is what I do."
 Tillath's heart skipped a beat when he heard Kain's response to his question.  It was not so much the words; but the way he said him...so matter of factly and without any emotion in his voice. Tillath was silent as they walked, thankful for the rain as their were not that many people out in the streets, and for the few that were, the phlanx made them mind their own buisness.  Soon the Palace gates were in sight.  They were briefly greeted by the Palace guards as Tillath showed them the papers he had requesting that the prisoner, name of Kain, be brought to the King.

The palace guards did a cursory look over of the papers and the prisoner and then let them through.

OOC the rest will be in the Palace thread.  

Capher.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]