Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town Hall(Nyermersis)  (Read 5382 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« on: January 29, 2006, 01:17:23 AM »

Following directions received from a passing stranger you make your way through the busy streets of Nyemersys to register your entry into the city. The Town Hall is rather difficult to find without instructions on its whereabouts, the building is not much different from the surround considering it has been worn from years past and looks much older than you. There are no steps leading to the double door entrance but the street in front of it looks like it had seen better days before hundreds of feet had brought it to disrepair while going to and from the Town Hall for taxes or registry.

Inside is little different than the exterior with few furnishing save for a handful of chairs and tables complete with consultants appearing tired and bored as they rustled through small stacks of paper. The occupants are scant and many disappear through unremarkable doors scattered along the walls only to return a short while later, the others are waiting near the tables while their fellows exchange words with the advisors. A group of well off individuals linger near the table labeled Treasury and across from them several of the lower class wait in a line for Taxes. Further down the hall though, past several other tables, a withering lady sits scribbling something on a sheet of parchment which she folds and seals before handing it to a mundane looking man. As he stands and walks away the sign Registry becomes visible.  

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

Inside his office the man sits down and begins to think.  It had been a firey discussion at the Castle, but finally the Earl had decided to send another ambassador to Voldar.  He thought finally all was going well as he sat in the meeting room when they were interrupted by Lycheus the Royal attendant to Voldar.

Lycheus told a tale that even shocked him. Oh, not that King Cedric was dead.  He had known ever since Cedric wrested the throne from Voltigar, that there would be assassination attempts upon Cedric and when he put his cousin, Trelor the less, in charge of the dungeon, well the inevitable would surely happen and it finally did.  What shocked him was that it was an orc that did the killing.  

To have an orc do the killing was a stroke of genius by Voltigar the man thought, but Voltigar or rather Damien had somehow slipped up and it almost all crashed down upon them, unless they planned it that way? The man tapped his pudgy fingers upon the table. "If you did plan it that way, Voltigar, then you are more devious and a more master planner than I gave you credit for." he muttered under his breath. "But you slipped up again, by letting this fellow go or did he escape?  He looked as if he were death warmed over, even if he tried to hide it by wearing fine clothes.  It is possible that Voltigar does not even know the fellow is missing and had made his way here, and now..."

The man reached inside his drawer, pulled out some blank parchment and reached for his quill pen, but stopped. The message might get intercepted and he would get caught and his head would be put upon the spires of Queprur's temple. No, I better use Tulpje.

He knew the little brownie was probably in her home in the giant green plant he had hanging in his office.  He went and opened the door and looked up and down the hallway.  No one was near his door, but the hallway was filled with people going in and out of the Town hall, doing their normal buisness.  It was close to lunch and most wanted to get their buisness done so they could go eat.  He quickly closed his door and locked it.

He waddled over to the plant and whispered, "Tulpje, Tulpje are you in there.  I need to speak with you." He s

Capher.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »

Tulpje, upon hearing the voice of the man, immediately came outside. The hollow plant in which she was living had been kindly provided her when she had showed up in this city not so long ago, in return for some services that she could render. Nash, her owl, lived just outside the city, but not far away. He was a lot easier to hide outside of the city where he had shelter in trees and prey enough, than inside it, where he would surely be spotted. And that was not what her employer wanted. He had his reasons to keep from others the fact that he had so small a messenger as the greybark Brownie was.
The plant was placed in such a way that when Tulpje was standing on the ground, she was at about the height of the man's chest. He had to duck just a little to look her in the face. She looked up at him with a smile that didn't say anything much.
He knew her quite well enough by now to know he had to speak very slowly and make sure she understood. Otherwise she would forget the whole message, for the simple reason that the only language she knew really well was Browniin. She had never yet fully mastered Tharian, far from it. This could mean a small drawback in using her as a messenger, but her size and her ability to go unnoticed in most places quite made up for that. And with some goodwill on both sides, she was able to make herself understood.

Edited by: Tulpje Sweetshade at: 2/18/06 17:34

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 03:19:23 AM »

OOC Tulpje, I did not want anyone to know who the spy was in Nyer; oh well the cat is out of the bag now.  

The man leaned in close and saw his little brownie friend.  She smiled at him, but he knew that was her normal expression. She was a cute little thing and though she spoke very little tharian, she got her point across with what she knew.  He genuinely liked her.  He smiled back.

"Tulpje I have a job for you. I want you to fly to Damien and tell him this." He gathered his thoughts knowing that if he gave her too much information, she would not understand and probably forget it. However, if he did not give enough information Damien would not understand.  Finally he thought he had his thoughts in order. "Tell him, Lycheus in Nyer, war."  Do you understand, Tulpje; "Lycheus in Nyer, war."   He waited for her to say something.

Capher.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 01:33:23 AM »

OOC: oops, sorry. I didn't realize that... sorry. I could edit it, I doubt many people have already read it.

Tulpje listened very attentively. First she repeated the message a few times in her head. When she thought she had it straight, she repeated it out loud, in order to remember it even better. "Lycheus in Nyer, war... Lycheus in Nyer, war. Do good," she nodded with confidence, she could do this. Then she thought of something. "Nash..." She flapped her arms to indicate flying, "Far?" She was getting just a little bit tired of having to use sign language every time she couldn't think of the word, but she didn't have much of a choice.
Then, before the man could answer her, she thought of a second thing. How was she going to find this Damien, and know that was him? She asked as much right after her first question: "See Damien... How find?" She didn't know how to express herself better. Some things were just too abstract to put into signs. She hoped the man would understand her this way too.

OOC2: I'm sorry, I wasn't entirely sure if Tulpje has already flown to Voldar and given Damien messages, or not. If she already did, just say so and I'll edit it in this post so that she leaves Nyer :)  

Edited by: Tulpje Sweetshade at: 2/18/06 22:10

Tulpje Sweetshade
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 04:50:23 AM »

The man listened intently and saw his little friend flap her arms and say "Far"  He thought at first she was asking was she going to have fly far?  "Yes, Tulpje. Far. Voldar far."  Then she asked "Damien. How?"  And it soon dawned on him what she was saying in the first place.  She was talking about her pet; Nash.  But by this time he could she was frustrated by him not understanding her first intent.  So he waited until she would calm down and then try again.  He thought, he definately needed to either learn brownin, or else teach her how to speak Tharian better.

Capher.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 06:48:23 AM »

Tulpje thought hard, digging in her memory for the right word. "How... Damien... re... recog..." She struggled, but the rest of the word wouldn't come out. Fortunately, the man in front of her did understand her meaning this time. "How you will recognize Damien?" He asked, to make sure he got it right. Tulpje nodded eagerly. "It is easy. People call him Damien Scar, and with reason. On the left side of his face he has a scar, running from his eye to the middle of the cheek, about here, " he pointed to his own cheek. He spoke slowly to help her understand, but she still looked a little puzzled. "Sc... scar?" she asked. The man nodded. He rolled up his sleeve just a little and showed her a small scar he had had for years, received from a knife that had been handled a little uncautiously when he was still a young man.
A smile broke on Tulpje's face when she understood. Again, she nodded, and then she limped inside of her plant-house. Her leg had been broken in her youth, and had refused to heal properly. She was therefore much more comfortable on her Nash than on the ground. Aside from that, people tended to notice her, or at least Nash, better when she was with him than when she was alone.
Inside, she quickly gathered the few things she would need. Her blowpipe and darts, naturally, as she would hunt for her food on the way. A belt with a lot of different herbs and powders, some of which had healing power, others a little less so. Also on the belt was a tinderbox that was the right size for her to use. As a finishing touch, she put the cloak made of owl's feathers around her shoulder. Then she came back out to the waiting man, and said in a cheery voice: "Ready!"
Then followed the same scheme that had up to now always been used to get her out of the city and on to her mission unnoticed. Very carefully, her employer took her in his hand and put her in his pocket. She settled herself into a comfortable position, and waited until the trip out of the gates was over and she would be taken out again.

OOC: next post will be at the gates

Tulpje Sweetshade
Simonne Miller
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »

Thomas stepped over the cracks in the pavement and entered the run-down town hall. There were not many people around, at this hour of the morning. He did spot the elderly lady who took care of registration. He went further in, supposing that the elf was following him. In front of the woman, he stopped and smiled his charming smile.

"Hello, Eldina. How are you this fine morning? Not too cold, I trust?" The lady looked up and smiled at Thomas, though the corners of her mouth seemed to hesitate for a moment if they should curl upwards or downwards in a frown. It was not that she didn't like him, it was just that her natural facial expression was a frown. She lived close to Thomas's old mother, and she remembered him well enough. From when he was still a young boy, and then later with his dashing guard's uniform. She also knew how he took care of his mother. "Good morning, Thomas." she said softly. "What brings you here so early?"

Thomas gestured to the side and answered: "I have an Aellenrhim elf with me who wishes to set up a music store in our fair city. I will let you two work out the details." With this he stepped to the side, making room for Petros."
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 12:11:10 AM »

Eldina looked past Thomas and saw the young man. "Thomas you did not introduce me to him," she chided.

"Sorry Eldina. Eldina this is Petros and Petros this is Eldina. A friend of the family and the registrar for our fair city for as long as I can remember."

"That will be fine now Thomas. I am sure you have your duties to attend to," Eldina said.

"Yes, Ma'am I do," Thomas said, giving Eldina a wink and a smile and then he was gone.

"Well come on up here Master Petros and let us start," Eldina said.
Petros Greenvale
Musical Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18:31 AM »

Guard Thomas stepped over the cracks in the pavement and entered the run-down town hall, Petros following in his wake. The tatty hall was as quiet as a morgue, and the only soul Petros cold spot, was an elderly woman, sitting by her lonesome. Thomas strolled across the hall, and stopped infront of the old woman, his charming smile, stretching across his handsome face.

"Hello, Eldina. How are you this fine morning? Not too cold, I trust?"Thomas said politley, recieving a haggered smile from the old Registrar.

"Good morning, Thomas." she said softly. "What brings you here so early?" Her voice was comforting, and made the ginger elf take a sudden liking to this old and dutiful stranger. Thomas gestured his hand towards Petros, making him blush slightly, and continued the banter...

"I have an Aellenrhim elf with me who wishes to set up a music store in our fair city. I will let you two work out the details." With this he stepped to the side, making room for the shy elf. Just as Petros was about to step up to the lovely old woman, she continued her conversation, making the even more nervous Petros, stop in his tracks.

"Thomas you did not introduce me to him," she chided

"Sorry Eldina. Eldina this is Petros and Petros this is Eldina. A friend of the family and the registrar for our fair city for as long as I can remember."

Petos smiled broadly and said hushidly..

"Im very pleased to meet you ma'am!"

"That will be fine now Thomas. I am sure you have your duties to attend to,"

"Yes, Ma'am I do," Thomas said, giving Eldina a wink and a smile, wlaed out into the frigid streets, and then he was gone. Leaving Petros slightly empty and Insecure, as a result of his sudden departure.

"Well come on up here Master Petros and let us start,"chimed Eldina. Not wanting to keep the old woman waiting, he hurridly made his way up to the woman, and gave her one of his famous grins.

"Alrighty, what do you need from me ma'am?"He said sweetly.

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 12:07:25 AM »

Eldina opened up a book with many pieces of parchments attached to it. "Thomas says you want to open a music store. I love music. What kind of music do you play? Or do you just sell instruments?" She asked as she prepared the ink and sharpened the quill pen with a quick swipe of a knife over the quill.

She dipped her pen in the ink. "Full name please?" She asked, beginning the process.
Petros Greenvale
Musical Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 06:41:36 AM »

Eldina opened up a book, containing many pieces of ruffled parchment. She then prepared some ink, and began to sharpen a quill. While doing so she inquired...

"Thomas says you want to open a music store. I love music. What kind of music do you play? Or do you just sell instruments?"

"Yep, thats what i intend to do, and its great to make the aquaintence of another music lover. Well, i play mostly folk, but contempory is not uncommon in my orchestra. You should also pop round sometime, and i could give you some lessons if you wish!" Petros said through a sincere grin.

Eldina then dipped her now sharpened pen into the ink and asked...

"Full name please?"

"Emm, Petros Greenvale ma'am"

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 01:19:40 AM by Petros Greenvale » Logged

Petros Greenvale
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 03:23:46 AM »

Eldnia repeated the name as she wrote. "Place of birth?" She asked, "And I would like to come around your shop once it is up and running. I have been hankering to learn how to play the lute. But I wonder if these old fingers can play all those strings well enough to pluck out a decent tune?"

She continued. "I also need to know how much space you think you will need for your shop, whether or not you plan on putting out a shingle, or just putting up a sign in a window or your door? Each of those, depending upon how much space, shingle or no, will either increase your cost, or decrease your cost of starting up," she asked.
Petros Greenvale
Musical Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 04:03:52 AM »

Eldina repeated his name as she wrote.

"Place of birth?"Eldina inquired

"The Bolder forest ma'am"Petros replied

"And I would like to come around your shop once it is up and running. I have been hankering to learn how to play the lute. But I wonder if these old fingers can play all those strings well enough to pluck out a decent tune?"

"That would be an honour ma'am! I am no the most talented of lautists myself, but i think that you could handle it no problem. Although, your fingers look perfect for the gracefull plucking of a harp, have you never thought of playing it?"Petros stated, while glancing at the womans haggered hands.

she continued."I also need to know how much space you think you will need for your shop, whether or not you plan on putting out a shingle, or just putting up a sign in a window or your door? Each of those, depending upon how much space, shingle or no, will either increase your cost, or decrease your cost of starting up,"

"Well, size is of no importance to me, but i would like something quite small, but not too small, if you catch my drift. And if i may inquire, without sounding to presumptuous ma'am would it be possible for me to have a room, or even miniscule home adjacent to or above my shop? for i would love to reside in close proximity to my buisness. In the case of advertisment, a shingle would be fantastic" Petros said cheerily.

Petros Greenvale
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 12:35:23 AM »

Eldina wrote down all of the information Petros gave her. She liked the young man and hoped he would do well in his buisness. She then thought of something. "Petros, is not the harp, a large instrument. How would a lady up in her years, carry such a thing? No, a lute is what I want to learn, unless of course you really think I could play the harp?"

She began adding up the costs of his start up and frowned. She looked at the young man and wondered if he had the money it would take? "Petros, your start up cost, along with the store and small apartment above it, along with a shingle will cost you a goldbard. Do you have that much coin?" She asked, sadly.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]