Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town Hall(Nyermersis)  (Read 5381 times)
Petros Greenvale
Musical Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 07:10:46 AM »

"Petros, is not the harp, a large instrument. How would a lady up in her years, carry such a thing? No, a lute is what I want to learn, unless of course you really think I could play the harp?" Eldina stated inquisitivley. Petros began to chuckle heartily at what the lovely register said.

"Fair Eldina, the whole divine purpose of music is for ones enjoyment and self-expression. So if your wizened fingers want to pluck away at a lute, then that is what they will do! no matter what this humble elf, or even a great masterbard may think. So, ill be seeing you at my store lets say...Browninday? and one of my lutes can finally go to a good home...free of charge of course!!" Petros beared one of his familiar grins, that stretched from either side of his gaunt face.

Petros's emerarld greens could spot that Eldina was adding up something, most definetly the fee for his shop. She then looked up at the elf in disdainment, that made his grin turn to a sad frown.

"Petros, your start up cost, along with the store and small apartment above it, along with a shingle will cost you a goldbard. Do you have that much coin?" She asked, sadly.

Petros gave a large sigh of relief, and his twinkling eyes regained their usual sparkle.

"Dear registrar, you had me all braced up for the word Mithrene, my young heart almost stopped!." he chorteled "Although a goldbard cannot be described as ready money, i have been teaching the children of grand aristocracy for over a year now. And with very little living costs, i have been saving up the vast majority of my fees. I think this should suffice!"

Petros then unfastened a buckle on his satchel, opening a large pocket on its side. He removed the bag from his elegant shoulders, and shook all of its contents out upon the desk infront of him. Resulting in a rather disordely pile of various gleaming coins to tumble onto Eldinas workplace. The elf then picked out all the loose change, and returned them to their place of residence. Leaving ten shiny silverbards infront of the two early birds. Petros placed them atop Eldinas registry book,and smiled sweetly.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:23:10 AM by Petros Greenvale » Logged

___________"In the pursuit of happiness,___________
 the difficulty lies in knowing when you have caught up."

Petros Greenvale
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 12:18:13 AM »

Eldina was a bit surprised when Petros dumped his purse upon her desk and coins spilled out. She held her hands near the side of her desk in case any of the coins would fall, but nont did and after Petros picked up the remaining coins, there sat ten silverbards.  She smiled as she picked up each coin and placed them in a strong box upon her desk. She stood up, "You have surprised me more than once Petros, you remind me of my grandson, he died in the war between Voldar fifteen years ago. He was a thrifty man, such as yourself. I think I can help you get a "leg up" in your buisness. I happen to know the head musician for Queprur's Temple.  They are always looking for instruments, and musicians to play them. I shall mention you to him."

She grinned a bit mishieviously, "I hope you do not mind selling or playing for the Temple? For the music is for the orgies that go on to worship the Goddess Queprur.  If you have qualms about that sort of behavior, then perhaps I will not mention you to him. It is your choice?" She asked.

While she waited for Petros's answer she looked at the map of the city and the available store fronts with apartments above it.  Finally she found what she was looking for and decided to wait to tell Petros where his new store was until he answered her question.
Petros Greenvale
Musical Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 01:45:27 AM »

Eldina smiled then picked up the ten gleaming coins, placing them into a strong box that sat upon her desk. Once she had done so, she rose to her full stature and said...

"You have surprised me more than once Petros, you remind me of my grandson, he died in the war between Voldar fifteen years ago. He was a thrifty man, such as yourself. I think I can help you get a "leg up" in your buisness. I happen to know the head musician for Queprur's Temple.  They are always looking for instruments, and musicians to play them. I shall mention you to him."

This comment filled Petros with two very contrasting emotions: Sheer happiness at the fact that Eldina was going out of her way to help him out with his starting up, and at how this lovely woman is showing him, a near stranger, the utmost kindness. It also saturated him with sorrow, at what this dear and inwardly beautiful old woman must have gone through with the loss of her grandson. This made Petros frown inside, as he pondered over the sheer pettiness of war. Not knowing whether to droop or smile, Petros stuck with what he knew best, and gave the woman a sweet, slightly sympathetic grin.

“Fair Eldina, I am eternally grateful for your gracious help, and I would LOVE if you mention my name to the high musician, and I will gladly sell or play at his will. Although, I don’t think my patron Eyasha will be too pleased, that her devout follower is meddling with Queprur!” Petros replied cheerily, giggling at his own Jestings.

A malevolent grin then appeared on Eldinas face.

"I hope you do not mind selling or playing for the Temple? For the music is for the orgies that go on to worship the Goddess Queprur.  If you have qualms about that sort of behavior, then perhaps I will not mention you to him. It is your choice?"

Petros began to chuckle at first, but then his chuckling soon turned into a fit of laughter. Sighing, will wiping a tear from his eye, he said…

“Oh, dear Madame. I live with six other young music students, back in Bardavos, so orgies and the like are no stranger to this elf! And please do mention me to him…Oh! May I ask you one thing though. Is my apartment furnished? And by furnished I mean the bare essentials, like a bed etcetera. There are also some various furnishings that I would like for my shop. Can you recommend a good, cheap store where I can purchase household items?”

Petros Greenvale
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »

Eldina could not help herself and laughed along with Petros as he told her about his friends and their orgies. After all she was young once herself!  " I will certainly mention you to him, since you seem to be such a man of the world," she said in jest. Then she changed the subject as she answered his question "No, Petros your apartment is not furnished as you suggest, just four walls and two windows to look out into the main street and one to look out into the alley, if you have a mind to. I can recommend a good carpenter who makes and sells such things. His name is Han and his shop will be two doors down from where yours will be. Here," she said, pointing to the map, "here we are, this is the "Town Hall" if you follow the main street south just a bit you will come to the "Bureos" it is misspelled on the map, but you know what I mean. Anyway, your shop will be in that district. I am sure that Han can build anything you desire and can afford, or perhaps he has some furniture to sell that is to your liking, either way you can furnish your apartment and your store any way you like."

She paused.

"Well, I guess that is all there is. I promise to be around once you have your shop up and running. Good luck Petros, and may your goddess shine upon you and your buisness," she said,with a slight teary eyes, that she blinked away.

OOC- Your shop should be posted in the "Bureus" thread.

Petros Greenvale
Musical Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Aellenrhim

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 08:16:46 PM »

Petros listened intentivley as Eldina described the location of his newly purchased buisness and the position of the carpenters workplace.

"Well, I guess that is all there is. I promise to be around once you have your shop up and running. Good luck Petros, and may your goddess shine upon you and your buisness,"

Petros smiled sweetly and replied...

"Fair Eldina, i am most gratefull for your wonderful help. And i hope dearly that i will be graced with your prescence again, sometime in the near future! Once again thankyou very,very much!"

Petros edeged around the desk, and gave the smaller woman a warm hug of gratitude, checked to see that everything in his robes and satchel were in order, and with that he plodded out into the frigid street.

Petros Greenvale
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 01:00:32 AM »

Orcell was in his office when Eldina knocked and then entered. "Master Orcell, I just heard the town criers say that the Earl wants all buisness leaders to meet him at the Castle by twelve bells."

"Twelve bells. What time is it now?" He asked.

"Just a little past eleven bells," Eldina answered.

"Have you told the others?" Orcell asked.

"No, not yet. You are the first, besides I just heard it myself," Eldina answered.

"Very well, thank you and go tell the others," Orcell said thankfully.

"Your welcome, Master Orcell," Eldina said as she closed the door behind her and went to the other offices of the buisness leaders and told them of the news as well.

Orcell sat at his desk and barely noticed Eldina leave. His thoughts were upon Tulpje and the message had sent. He had not had a reply back and that concerned him. He wondered if Tulpje had delieverd his message, or did she get lost or even worse...she got caught!  Could this be the reason why the Earl wanted this meeting. To expose him as a spy! Orcell stood up, went to his window that overlooked the main street and stared out. 

The street was teeming with people; selling and buying. Everything was going along as it had for decades. Orcell's family could trace its roots back all the way to when the Dragonstorm happened. His was one of the wealthiest family in Nyermersys. Only the Earl was more wealthier. If he was exposed as a spy his entire families fortune would be forfeit to the Earl and he and his family would be beheaded. His buisness interests would be fought over by the others and more than likely Sheridan would grab most of it, as he was ruthless and powerful; besides he would love to see Orcell fall. That would make him the chief buisness leader in Nyermersys instead of Orcell.

Orcell turned away from the window. He put on his cloak and walked out of his office closing and locking the door behind him. He needed to go to his family before this meeting with the Earl.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]