Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alleyways and Backstreets(Voldar)  (Read 24832 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« on: February 05, 2005, 09:08:22 PM »

Voldar as most of the great cities of Caelereth has old roads that seem to wander on and on without direction or reason. Some of these road house good people who go about their business with cheer and good tidings. But others house rendezvous points and hideouts of the crime syndicates who are constantly waging and underground war against the city and each-other.

(OOC: Even if multiple people are in this thread they may not have contact with each-other as this encompasses the entire city
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 01:46:43 AM by Capher » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 04:13:22 AM »

Takashi wanders through the roads and streets of Voldar, not knowing where this person who wanted his services would be.
Oh well, a client is a client.

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deseving of it...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 01:16:22 AM »

A small boy weaing a bandage over his head covering his eyes, dirty, torn clothes held on barely by his small, thin frame held out and shook a small tin cup.  He heard the man walking down the street and shouted. "Please, give a san or two to help out me and my mum"

The boy did not turn his head but used his periphial vision to watch the man.  He was curious about the bird upon the man's shoulder.  Though Cerron, pretended he was blind and made a pretty good living as a beggar in the streets.  His main job was to spy for Joshua.  He again yelled out, hoping the man would come closer so that he could get a better look at the stranger to better describe him to Joshua.

He waited patiently.

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 07:15:22 AM »

He takes out an od, and tosses it to the boy
. Here, good luck trying to get anything else. Takashi walks off quickly, he'd done his good deed for the day.
Sa'an flutters up into the air, exposing the white underfeathers that camoflage him against the clouds.
Takashi grabs a piece of meat from his pocket, and tosses it into the air, while the falcon dives down and catches it quickly gobbling it up.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 02:15:22 AM »

The boy watches as the od the man tossed comes in contact with the ground at his feet before reaching down and "feeling" out the location of the coin. Joshua paid him well to be a spy on the streets, seeking out those who might be helpful in their cause or just to keep an eye out for annoying troublemakers. Sadly, he felt this man was more of the latter and felt he would bother him no more, though he would have to inform Joshua of the man's presence so an eye can be kept on him in case he began to cause any trouble.

The boy turned on his heel and took off down a small alleyway, disappearing as he went in search of his friend to alert him of his suspicions.

"That was awfully nice of you to give that poor boy some money. Though, I fear he was not really deserving of such a price." A soft seductive voice broke through as the falcon came to take the piece of meat its master had brought forth for him. "There are people in this city who are willing to do anything do corrupt the government and go against the king. This place is full of treason. But you seem to be of a good heart. What is your name m'lord?"

From the shadows, a tall figure approached Takashi, a sly grin upon her features. Long black tresses cascaded about her form, cloaking her in the rich ebony flow. A long raven gown clung to her slender form, rippling gently as she moved toward the man. Her pale shoulders bare of any clothing, soft and silky to the eyes. Emerald hues sparkled with amusement of the scene and its entirety. "My name is Telamori Domen'ner. I am a royal advisor to the King himself. What about you? What do you do for a living?"

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 05:37:22 AM »

"My name is Telamori Domen'ner. I am a royal advisor to the King himself. What about you? What do you do for a living?"
Takashi turns his head quickly as the stranger steped out of the shadows. Her name , Telamori, didnt seem what you'd call common.
"My name is my own, and for my business, you wouldnt quite call it legal."
Takashi had let too much slip before, and now wouldnt make the same mistake with someone in such a post as to have the entire town after him.
Sa'an plumeted out of the sky, in a dive that made him seem like a streak of grey lightning. He alighted on his master's shoulder after he had finished speaking.
"Now, ill be on my way..."
Takashi's tone was blunt, this conversation was at an end.
He begins to walk down the road, and quickly dissapears down the nearest alley, Luckily, the hood on his cloak reavealed little of his face. As he turned the corner, Sa'an screeched once, and took off, straight into the sky.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 02:04:22 AM »

Long sleek pale arms crossed as emerald hues watched the man walk off and "disappear" from view with hardly saying a word. Rudeness is not going to get you anywhere in life boy. It is best you learn some respect for not only your elders, people in authority, but also to a lady. A sly grin spread across her delicate elven features, he wasn't going to get away from her that quickly. She took after him, knowingly keeping her distance but close enough so she didn't lose him. She would eventually call upon the guard to help her with the man if he became too much trouble for her to handle but so far, he was only an annoyance. Word had come to her from Norman that two men had come into the city, both being of suspicious nature. She was headed to Arth's to get a glimpse of two of them yet one of them presented himself to her. She was happy with her position politically. Loyal to both her king and to her people. This became more difficult every day. She did not care for the Lord who Damien and his troupe were trying to put on the throne, but they were her friends and she swore to help them if they needed such assisstance, though she was putting both her job and life at stake to do so.

She had no idea as to where this man was going. He was not from Voldar and for him to wandering as he was could be dangerous for him, especially if Damien and Norman have given the heads up of two suspicious men roaming the city. With a sigh, she glanced about her to see if any of the king's guards happened to be moving about the streets these days. It took her a little while to spot one. He was not in uniform but she knew him as good friend of her's. Motioning to him about the man she was following, she wanted him to take the man into custody and bring him back to the castle. Hiding in the shadows, she watched at Justin approached the man.

"My good sir, what brings you to Voldar? You seem a bit lost. Can I be of any assistance?" Justin spoke gently as to appear normal but catching what Telamori wished of him. He would do his best to follow her orders, knowing that if he failed, she would not be very happy and would most likely take it out on either the man before him or himself.

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 10:22:22 AM »

Takashi looked at the man who asked the question. This seemed the perfect opourtunity to find out if anyone was following him. The answer had fallen into place like a well placed piece of a puzzle.
Actually yes, i'm looking for a tavern that a friend recomended to me, its supposed to be quite well known, but i cant seem to remeber its name.
The obvious flaws of this plan where that Takashi had no clue who this man was, for all he knew he would take him into an alley and stick him with a knife. Second, it was clear that Takashi had not a shred of a plan in him mind.

Edited by: Takashi Logan at: 7/14/05 2:25
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 01:41:22 AM »

Actually yes, i'm looking for a tavern that a friend recomended to me, its supposed to be quite well known, but i cant seem to remeber its name.

The man smirked as Taka spoke. Either the man was blind or a horrible liar. Arth's Spot was behind him, and from the direction he came, he had to have passed it upon his entrance to the city. It was impossible to miss if one wasn't blind. Even with the maze of alleyways and streets, the noise from the tavern always pinpointed its location.

"Well m'lord, if you are talking about Arth's Spot...it is behind you and you should have passed it upon entering the city. It is nearly impossible to miss, unless you are blind of course but the noise from that place makes its location always known."

He cast a glance over the man's shoulder to his good friend Tela, who stood silently in the shadows watching with interest. Her features were cold and unreadable. She was focused on this man and it made him uneasy. Why she wanted this man in particular was beyond him but he had learned his lesson on question a beautiful lady with power. Especially Telamori, she also had a hidden bite to her words which made her dangerous. She never hurt anyone unless they deserved it, but her words could cut a soul in half if she wished it.

"Do you need me to take you to the tavern? Or can you find it on your own? Though, Damien might be there with his 'rebels', it isn't thet most desirable place to hang about these days."

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 11:37:22 PM »

Ah yes, i met him at the gate, not exactly a pleasent man, I think I'll stay clear of there for a while...
Takashi quickly composes himself, and looks about.
Thank you for your help anyways.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 12:15:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien walked out of Arth's and then quickly walked down a side street, he turned down another, then another, then doubled back until he was in a street that most would not venture down in the daytime...and never at night.

His dark piercing eyes kept on moving; checking each and every dark corner.  Soon he came upon whom he was looking for, Telamori Domen'ner.  She was standing in darkened doorway.  Damien walked up to her.  "And what are we charging today?"  He asked a bit loudly just in case he was followed, he did not think so, but Damien was a very cautious man.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 7/22/05 16:18
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 08:43:22 AM »

Takashi quickly notices the fact that the two people who he had met that seemed to have much of the power in this city were both in the same area, and most likely about to mince words. Takashi quickly began to take a winding path away from the pair.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 07:16:22 AM »

@ Taka

The guard was not expecting the man to suddenly just up and leave, and he did have orders from Lady Telamori to take him into custody. Setting a grim face, he turned his head in Telamori's direction and caught sight of why the man had suddenly up and left...Damien. You always seem to bust in at the wrong time Commander.... A scowl spread across his features as he made his way after the strange man. He could tell the man was up to no good. He diliberately avoided all personal contact with anyone and everyone.

Chasing after Takashi, he quickly thought through procedures he was taught but liked none of which made themselves to be somewhat appropriate for the situation. He had nothing against the man other than he looked suspicious. But then again, the King had orders of such things to be known to him. When he was finally out of ear shot of both Telamori and Damien, he hollered after the man who was attempting to get away from the small gathering. "Sir, halt! By order of the King!"

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »

Sir, halt! By the order of the King!

This day is not going well. Takashi spoke to himself as he broke into a run, and began to reach for the weapon at his back, his bladestaff. He considered it, and the stoped reaching for the weapon, cursed under his breath and continued to run. Grabbing a small dagger designed to be used as a grapnel, he ties it to a rope, and looks for a suitable place to begin climbing,  though hurriedly, as he didnt know how far behind the guard was.

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 06:58:22 AM »

@ Damien

Silver hues paid no attention to the newcomer in her presence, though she knew exactly who it was by the sound of his voice, one she had heard often over the past months of the rebellion. She was loyal to no one but herself, if she was paid well, she was happy. His words caught her attention, yet she did not turn to face him or make any moves as if she knew him.

"Charging Commander? What is the task? You know me well in my mannerisms, it better be good and worth while. How are your little hoolagins? I trust all is going well for your uprising?"

Mockery, something she enjoyed with a great passion and her position in Voldar at this point in time allowed her to pull off quite nicely at times. A small smile toyed at her pale lips she finished her little speech. Dancing about Damien was especially fun, she was rewarded well for what little work she did for his Lord.

"I had heard of two men being allowed into the city walls who were of suspicious nature. It seems I have found one yet he is not keen on being found. Though, I have no doubt we will be seeing him again, very soon. Yet, why did your guards allow them through the gates if they were under such strict suspicions? Did you not think I or other city officials of the King would not find out? Better be more careful Commander, you are getting clumsy."

Just then, her elven ears caught the sound of footsteps. Listening carefully, she could tell it was someone of a little more weight yet very skillful with stealth. One of normal hearing would most likely not have picked up such details. It was Reenia, the barmaid. One of the many skilled bladebearers in Voldar who were involved in the rebellion with Damien.

"Welcome my friend. Is there any interesting news from the inside? Or is it the same old it is everyday?"

Reenia's features became flushed. She was much of an insider with all who did the plotting for the rebellion. She prefered action, and lots of it. "We have had no new orders as of late M'Lady, yet I am here to meet with Damien."

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]