Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alleyways and Backstreets(Voldar)  (Read 24831 times)
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 01:38:22 AM »

Takashi quickly ran down the alleyway and threw his dagger at the top of the wall at random, hopping it would sink into a notch in the wall.

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deseving of it...

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 10:26:22 PM »

Darién stepped out of the inn and he started walking trough the alleyways. He checked a local blacksmith in the merchant area, Found no gadgets that pleased him, and headed then for the crime district, Chewing on a stolen apple….  

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 12:54:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien listened to Tela's sarcasm; he was used to it.  She liked to goad him, why/ he did not know, but she did and she was good at what she did, as long as she was paid. She was in it for the money.  She never did have a long view of things.  But, now was not the time for her sarcasm.  Especially, if there were ears around.  He gritted his teeth. "Someday Tela that mouth of yours will get you into a lot of trouble."  I tolerate it...but do not push it too far."

Then Reenia showed up and there was some terse words between the two ladies.  Damien was not sure if the animosity was because Reenia knew Tela was getting paid for her services, while she was doing it for the long haul, though Damien suspectied that Reenia also got her fair share of the profits of the looting.  He smiled at Reenia, "Tela here was telling me I was becoming a bit clumsy by letting those two strangers in here," he paused looking around, "the last attempt on the King.  I want to know why it failed?  I think we should all meet at Malgion's..."  Suddenly a voice was heard throughout the streets:  "Here Ye! Here Ye! On or about 15 bells on Washday the King is throwing a ball. All citizens and visitors of Voldar are welcome. Dress decorum will be strictly enforced. For the Kings chef's convienence please post your name if you are planning on attending this auspicious event. The King wishes all of his subjects a good day."

Damien swore, then his eyes narrowed as a shrewed thought entered his mind, "Ladies prepare yourself for a ball.  I think it is time we got to know the players in this little game.  Forget Malgion's for now and go pamper yourselves and get ready.  I am just curious as to why the King is throwing this ball?  Maybe he is trying to figure out what we are; who the players are? Just make sure you sign up.  See you there M'ladies," Damien said making a low bow before he disappeared up the street.

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2005, 01:18:22 AM »

Takashi's good luck holds, and his climbing dagger snags a good way near the top. He begins climbing quickly. Keeping a close eye on the guard.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 12:34:22 AM »

Guard

The guard stopped, rolled his eyes upward and saw the man he was chasing climb up the wall like a spider on its web.  He quickly drew his own daggar and threw it, hoping it would hit the fleeing man.  The daggar seemed to have hit the stranger, for it seemed to be stuck in the strangers side, but then it fell with a clang upon the cobblestone streets below.  The guard rushed and picked it up, trying to see if he could throw it one more time, but when he looked the stranger was over the wall.

The guard slowly trudged back to Tela.  He did not like the prospect of telling her that he missed the stranger.  And if Damien was still there...   He left that thought hanging, shuddered, but made his way back to Tela.

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2005, 08:08:22 AM »

Takashi heard the thrown dagger clang on the coblestones and it made him climb even faster. He pulled up his dagger and rope, and began quickly finding a place to get a change of disguise on. After selecting some yellow dye from his bag of disguises, he pulled out a nobleman's shirt, and some dress pants he had stolen, and put them at the top of his pack. He jumped to the next roof and waited on the side for Telamori and Damien to leave.

Thraz the Mighty
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2005, 12:45:22 AM »

The sound of steel clashing resounded down the cobblestones as Thraz walked along the streets of Voldar. Any attempt at stealth would be futile with a pygge of armor upon the dwarf's back, but only a coward attacks his foes from behind. He had left his black steed, Mortil, in the care of the human guards, and they would feel the wrath of Thraz the Mighty if any harm came to the mare! His armored hand slowly stroked the edge of his axe as he scanned the street for foes. Some time had passed since his last interesting fight, and those Losh-Oc orcs had perished after only moments of fighting the dwarf.  

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2005, 03:48:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien's face was a myriad of emotions as he walked the back alleyways of Voldar.  His thoughts ran rampant from one thing, person and back again.  He knew that Tela and Reenia could take care of themselves and he knew that both girls, women, would love to go to the ball, if nothing else but to check out the jewelry the Noble women were wearing that they could steal later on.  

Damien chuckled to himself and then his face became quite serious.  He thought about the failed plan to assissinate the King and wondered how Lord Voltigar would react when Damien finally got around to reporting to him.  What concerned Damien was how the King found out about the attempt.  All of the assassins died, either by the King's men or by their own hand.  Once they were caught and knew it, they killed themselves so they could not be forced to talk.  

Still, to Damien it was a waste of good men and one woman.  He was glad that Tela and especially Reenia had not been asked to go on that mission.  How did the King find out?  Do we have a traitor in the midst?  Is Malgion playing both sides?  A lot of questions, but no answers.  And what about that stranger, Nox who was he? And who does he work for? He definately is an assassin but on who's side?  Or is he for hire?

Damien paused as he thought he heard steel hit upon the cobblestones of the streets.  It was slightly muffled and it echoed back and forth.  Damien tried to discern where the sound came from; he cocked his ears and looked around, the dirty-soot grimed walls of the back of the storefronts just stared back at him.  

He continued on, something else nagged at him; there were many strangers entering the city. Well, that was not uncommon, but what was, was the amount of people who tried to cover up their real identities.  Which only meant that they were assassins.  And that was what concerned Damien.  Too many assassins in one place could only mean one thing, well several; more blood and dead bodies laying around for his guards to take of and more importantly, he, Lord Voltigar, and those who work for the rebellion will have to be more careful until they discover who these assassins work for, us or the King? Or...themselves?  Those would be the most dangerous of all; for you did not know where their loyalty laid.

Damien rounded the corner and came upon an armored dwarf holding a mean looking axe. First Orcs, now Dwarfs? What in the world is going on? Has Norman lost his mind?  If that dwarf sees that Orc, Grunok, we will definately have some bloodshed in the streets. And I doubt that Grunok would win.  He is just too much of a nice person.  I think I had better have a talk with this dwarf.  Damien stopped short.  "You there, who are you?" He asked politely, but his words had steel behind them.

Capher.

Thraz the Mighty
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2005, 06:31:22 AM »

This human dared to ask who he was? Everyone has heard tales of Thraz the Mighty! He was the greatest dwarven warrior ever born! Nay, he was the greatest warrior ever born to any race upon the world of Caelereth! Thraz weighed the fighting capability of the man in his mind as he contemplated an answer. The man with the raven locks and dark eyes appeared to be a capable warrior, and Thraz would love a decent challenge.

"What sort of question is that? Everyone has heard of Thraz the Mighty! My heroic deeds are legends within many lands, and friend and foe alike look up to me."

Thraz paused as he realized the absurdity of what he had just said. Of course it was no boast that he was a hero in many lands, but no one could truly look up to the short dwarf.

"Well...I mean that I am greatly respected in most lands, and the people are often in awe of a warrior as mighty as I."

Thraz rested his armored hands upon his belt as he awaited the answer of the human. The dwarf had not known many humans during his long life, and this encounter should prove to be an interesting one.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2005, 12:28:22 AM »

Damien had been in a foul mood until he heard the dwarf speak.  He put his hand up to his mouth to conceal a slight smile and then put on a stern face.  "So you are Thraz the Mighty. And people from all races and lands have heard of your heroic deeds and your a legend in your own mind...I mean a legend amongst all the lands." Damien said quickly, still trying not to smile.

"Well my legendary neighbor my name is Damien Scar and I am known also throughout the land, but especially here in Voldar.  I am the Gate Commander of all of the forces here in Voldar and I do not recall letting you into my fair city.  Though, I have been busy, it is perhaps that my Captain, Norman Graaves, gave you permission to enter.  Either way I need to see the papers that was given to you when you entered the city.  Do you have such papers?" Damien asked.  And then in an after thought he reached behind his back and pulled his own axe out and brandished it.  "I too, neighbor, have an axe. Though I think mine is a bit bigger than yours.  I really do hope you have papers.  Blood this early in the morning is not good for the digestion, you know."

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2005, 02:51:22 AM »

Takashi quickly jumps down into a nearby alleyway, ran across the street, and ducked into Arth's Spot.

Thraz the Mighty
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 03:46:22 AM »

Thraz nodded to himself as the man smiled. He could understand why the human would be excited to meet him. It was not every day that a legend walked the streets of Voldar. The man was just another awestruck peasant that marveled at such a mighty warrior. Thraz gave the man a puzzled look as he mentioned papers, for the dwarf had not been given any papers when he entered the city of Voldar.

"I do not possess the papers of which you speak. The guard that granted my entry through the Northern Gate did not mention any papers."

Thraz quickly became enraged as the man drew his axe. The fire that shone deep within his eyes seemed as though it would set his beard aflame. This weak human dared to draw an axe on Thraz the Mighty, and then he used subtle threats in an attempt to scare the dwarf? Drakes bowed before his might!

"You dare to brandish that paltry axe in my face? Ha! That weapon barely deserves to be called an axe!" Thraz pulled his fang-axe out of his belt and wielded it in his callused hands. "This is a true axe! Only dwarven smiths can produce such a fine weapon. I crafted this beauty myself in a cavern beneath the Prominent Mountains. Throw down your 'axe'," Thraz's lips twisted into a sneer as he said the word 'axe’,"or face the wrath of Thraz the Mighty!"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 12:41:22 AM »

Quote:
"I do not possess the papers of which you speak. The guard that granted my entry through the Northern Gate did not mention any papers."

Damien's eyes widened a bit. The Northern gate? That gate, as well as all of the others have been closed by order of the King.  And he was given no papers.  Could this be a spy for the King?  Then Damien heard the dwarf speak again.

Quote:
"You dare to brandish that paltry axe in my face? Ha! That weapon barely deserves to be called an axe!" Thraz pulled his fang-axe out of his belt and wielded it in his callused hands. "This is a true axe! Only dwarven smiths can produce such a fine weapon. I crafted this beauty myself in a cavern beneath the Prominent Mountains. Throw down your 'axe'," Thraz's lips twisted into a sneer as he said the word 'axe’,"or face the wrath of Thraz the Mighty

Damien's eyes narrowed as he measured the dwarf in front of him.  He knew that dwarven steel was the best, but Damien's axe was made from dwarven steel itself.  Damien's reach was at least twice as long.  If this Thraz was a spy for the King, then dispatching him would be one less person to worry about.  But what happens if he is not a spy?  What happens if the guard, who Damien planned on finding out who he was, just let the dwarf in.  A mistake.  A mistake that could cause much trouble.  He eased his stance a bit as he thought this through.  Finally he relented.  "You have me Thraz.  I will put my weapon away, see" Damien put his axe back in its rightful place behind his back, "there, now why do we not just calm down, have an ale, I'll buy and you can tell me all about your exploits.  I know of a very nice tavern, called Arth's Spot.  It is just up the street.  Would you care to join me?  And when we get there, we can fix that problem you have of not having any papers.  What do you say, neighbor?"

Out of the corner of his eye he sees a quick shadow jump down from the roof and run into the back room of Arth's.  He is curious.  The shadow looked a bit like that stranger, Taka, something or other.  Another reason to get to Arth's, he thought.

Capher.

Thraz the Mighty
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 05:38:22 AM »

Thraz nodded as the human put away his axe. It was only natural for such a creature to fear Thraz the Mighty. The dwarf was impressed that the man had enough courage to draw an axe on him in the first place. His anger instantly became interest as the man mentioned a tavern. Such establishments were always fun to visit, and a few even had dwarven ale. His brown eyes sparkled with merriment as he responded to the man.

"Ale? Why didn't you say so in the first place? Come, let us seek this tavern you mention, and you can hear all the exploits that I can tell in one day. It would take me a lifetime to tell you of all my heroic deeds." Thraz stroked his beard as he asked a very important question. "Will there be any dwarven ale?"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 12:05:22 AM »

Damien chuckled. "Yes my fearless neighbor, I believe Arth does sell dwarven ale.  Though most do not drink it because it is too strong for them.  One tankard and they would not wake up for three days.  I, however happen to like a tankard of dwarven ale when drank with good company."  Damien pointed to a door several peds away. "That is the back door to Arth's Spot. But I think we should go in the front.  Just come with me and I will take you there."

Damien walked slowly, keeping his long strides shorter than usual so the dwarf would not have to run to catch up to him. "So neighbor, what brings you to Voldar anyway?" Damien asked conversationally as they walked through the alleyways and around the buildings into the main street of Voldar.

Capher.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]