Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alleyways and Backstreets(Voldar)  (Read 24829 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »

Bert and Marvin rounded the corner of the alley heading toward the back of Arth's spot when Bert saw one man jump down from the back of Arth's and another waiting for him.  Then both men took off like scared rabbits.

Bert shook Marvin's sleeve and they took off running after the two men but quickly lost them in the darkness.  They returned back behind Arth's and Bert noticed a rope hanging down.  He surmised the two were probably a couple of theives, but he thanked his good fortune that they left their rope behind, as he was trying to figure out how to get up to the second floor.

He and Marvin discussed what to do for awhile and it was decided that since Marvin was heavier than Bert that Bert would go up the rope.  Marvin held the bottom of the rope as Bert climbed it.  He found the window to a room partially opened and climbed in.  He stopped and allowed his eyes to adjust to the darkness from the relatively bright outside.  Soon he noticed the upturned chair, he absently righted it as he walked to the door.  He placed his ear to the door and heard footsteps, then a knock and a voice , he recognized as Thai saying, "Room Service."  Thai's voice sounded like it was next door to his right.

Bert smiled, went to the wall to his right and placed his ear to the wall.  He waited patiently to hear what he could hear.

Marvin in the meantime thought, that since he was a good tracker he would try and find those two thieves and find out what they had stolen or found out.  So he left the rope hanging but hidden from most eyes, unless they were right in front of the rope , and went and started tracking the two.

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2005, 05:26:22 AM »

Takashi and Mies quickly managed their way to Mies's store. And locked the door and closed the windows. Takashi had his things once again, and he unroled the bedmat he carried about.
The upper part of Mies's shop was his living space, and featured no windows, and a single door, with a firm lock. The lower part of the shop was locked, and the shuters firmly closed and bolted. Robbery was all too common in this part of town.

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deseving of it...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2005, 03:00:22 AM »

Bert

Bert was quite frustrated, because he heard quite nicely what Thai had said, and then there was silence. At first Bert thought that somehow Thai had heard him in the room.  But then Thai began speaking again, but this time his voice was so low that Bert only got snatches of the conversation.  The one thing he did know was that somehow a little old lady had to die.

Marvin

Marvin tracked the two to a part of town that he did not like to be in.  It was a part of town that you could get your throat cut, just by looking at someone wrong.  It was near the wharf and the inns and bars catered to the seamen and of course the more seedier element of Voldar.  Marvin avoided this part of town as much as he could unless it was to pick up some lumber from a barge that came down the river.  

It had been a challenge tracking the two. One, especially was very good at hiding his tracks, even in broad daylight.  Marvin thought that in the dark, it would be impossible to track that one, but the other one, was not quite as stealthy and Marvin with his skills tracked him not quite easily, but he still could track him.

And now he stood across the street from, what seemed liked an old boarded up building.  Marvin memorized the place's location and then headed back toward Arth's place.  Even in broad daylight he did not want to be here.

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2005, 07:01:22 AM »

As Takashi set up his bedroll, Mies began asking and answering his questions.

Alright Takashi. Let me explain. Our current King, Cedric the Fourth, rather incompetent if you ask me, usurped the posistion as it were, from Lord Voltigar, after a lengthy siege by elves, through false promises. An assassination was attempted a while ago, and both sides, The King, and Voltigar and Commander Scar, have been on high alert since it did not work. They've been looking for poisons, hidden weapons, and so on, so they could identify the blackguard, should someone kill anyone, as well they want to keep an eye out for other possible assassins, like yourself Im afraid.

Very well. Second question, do you still have ties to the underground of the city?

What??! Living in a place like this? Of Course I bloody well do! Where do you think half the thieves in this city get their knives??
Now I'd like to ask some questions of my own.
First, why are you back in Voldar, and why didnt you tell me?

Alright, I had a lead, from a reliable source, who had his throat slit shortly after, since the guards of that particular town found that I was armed with a dagger like that they suspected of sliting the poor whelp's throat, I had to flee, again... And I had thought you would have moved out of town by now. I decided to see if you were still here, and with that sign on the front of the building, I supposed you were still in buisiness, or someone had taken over your place, I was right with the first assumption. And if you want notice, make sure you stay here.

And why are you wearing that rediculous outfit, in a part of town like this?

Well, I needed to get used to it. I intend on making sure that I can make some money while Im here. Keeping up on my quota.

Well now that thats done. I suggest you change back in to your usual things. I hear things, you know, and one of them, is that Voltigar and Scar might try for a palace coup. And they'll need an assassin. If you catch my wind...
Well then, where can I find Voltigar?

Well thats the thing, you need proper, how to put it conections. Voltigar isnt easily found... I have them, but it will cost you...

How much?

A fifth of the profit, should you get a job, or 50 sans if you dont.

You'll get a fifth of the profit, after expenses, and I'll give you 60 sans up front if I do, Deal?

Very well, I want twenty sans to cover up my tracks.

Fine. Now lets get something to eat. Ill change into something other than my usual, Scar and the guards are already after me, and someone named Telamori Domner.

Good grief Logan, a day in the city, and you've got those two on your tail... Poor bloke. Your still buying the food though.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2005, 01:11:22 AM »

There he stood, right in front of the inn where he had been some while ago. Some people where gossiping about an uproar a while ago involving a orc. And since there weren’t many orcs in the city Darién was almost sure that it was the same orc that he had seen in Arth’s spot. He had to track Damien, And maybe he could just be here. The man would be sorry for not finding his swords when he was at the gate for inspection.
Self confident and a mean smile he made his way into the inn.  

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 9/18/05 19:11
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2005, 03:40:22 AM »

Takashi and Mies soon leave, Takashi now wearing something other than the rediculous noble's outfit, or his usual black clothes, in fact he had to borrow something from Mies. His hair dyed black, and carrying his bow and stilleto, and his pointy ears displayed promiently. They quickly make their way to Arth's.

Continued in Arth's

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2005, 02:59:22 AM »

Damien walked out of the Palace through the front gates.  The guards, taking one look at Damiens scowl upon his face did not even bother to block his way or question him. Damien walked through the mazed garden pathway and out of the gates.  His anger was like a dark thundercloud over his head and it was growing darker and darker as he walked.  

His first thought was to go to Arth's, but he shook his head.  Thai could not help him now.  His next thought was to go to Lord Voltigar's castle, but he gave his word he would not leave the city.  So that was out of the question, but he needed to find someone who would go and tell Lord Voltigar, what had happened.  Damien was going to need all the support he could muster.

He passed one of the town's water well, stopped and drew himself some water.  He sat upon the edge of the well drinking the water, looking around at the varied people, merchants with their colorful stands, calling out to prospective buyers.  As some commoners walked by him they would bow gently and then continue on.  Damien at first was puzzled, then he realized he was in full regalia and they were giving respect to him as a Noble, not the Commander, though most of them still thought of him as that still.

It was not until he heard the town crier that Damien decided upon what to do.  From the distance he began to hear, "Baron Scar is no longer the Commander of the City of Voldar.  By order of King Cedric the Fourth.  He has been stripped of his command for charges of murder and conspiracy."

Conspiracy? Damien thought, that was never mentioned.  It had to have been Lycheus. ot off of the edge of the well and began walking toward the main gate.  His anger had cooled as the water had cooled his thirst, but now his anger was again forming like a thundercloud and lightning was soon going to burst through, and Ava help the person upon whom it strikes first!

OOC rest at the Main Gate.

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2005, 10:25:22 PM »

Karshi was smiling with the thought of the money he was going to make, even though the Black Market made him pay a hefty price for the moonblade, he was sure he could get more than enough to cover his expenses and make a tidy profit.  He had heard that someone at Arth's had inquired if Norkin could make him one.  Of course Norkin was a great blacksmith, but only elves could make a true moonblade, and only certain elves at that.

He continued walking and then ran into a friend of his. "Hey Karshi someone is running all around the city looking for Wilma."

Karshi pulled up short. "Wilma? Why would anyone want to know about my mother-in - law, the old hag."

"Dunno, but it is an elf, a golden one at that."

Karshi pulled on his black beard as he thought.  Why would an elf be looking for Wilma.  "Hey, Derrik, thanks for the information. Do you know who he asked?"

"No one in particular, I just heard rumors, that's all."

"Ok, thanks. I owe you an ale."

"Arth's spot, later tonight. I gotta run." Derrik said as he took off.

Karshi watched him go with a very thoughtful look upon his face as he absentmindly stroked his beard. the only thing I can think of is why someone would want to speak to that old hag would be her involvement with that Orc earlier today.  But why?  I think I should ask around myself.  He contined on his way.

Capher.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2005, 05:57:22 AM »

Ratdragon thundered through the alleys and backstreets, not bothering to look around him, intent of finding his quarry. He believed that something important was happening, and that how fast he did his part made a significant difference.

Asking everyone he passed if they were Karshi or knew where he was, Ratdragon finnally located the man. He was walking down the street with a thoughtful look on his face. Halting his charge through the street, Ratdragon inquired, "Are you Karshi? I need some information from him, I'm on a mission from Damien."

Edited by: ratdragon  at: 10/27/05 22:04
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2005, 11:36:22 PM »

Karshi looked at the golden elf shrewdly. now why should I tell him who I am? What profit does it bring me?  And why should I help a Damien. He does not mean Damien Scar does he?  "I may know this Karshi fellow. What kind of information are you and Damien, is that Baron Damien Scar, looking for?  Maybe I can help."  Karshi said.

Capher.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2005, 05:58:22 AM »

Glad that the man seemed like he would help, Ratdragon replied quickly, "Aye, that is Damien Scar, former commander. He has sent me to learn of an incident involving an orc. I was told to seek out Karshi, as he was the one who knew of the woman who was supposedly killed. Taking a deep breath, the elf continued, eager to get the information. "So, do you know this Karshi? It is important that I find him."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2005, 11:25:22 PM »

Karshi listened, stroking his beard a slight smile came upon his face. An orc killing someone? He must mean Wilma, my mother-in-law.  She's not dead.  A bit bruised maybe, but certainly not dead. Too bad the orc did not kill her.  But why would Damien want to find out about her?  This gets more interesting at the moment...and maybe a bit more profitable.  "I am Karshi. Sorry to have misled you there my friend, but you cannot be too careful these days. However before I give you the information you and Baron Scar seem to so desperately need, i would like to ask a few questions of my own; such as why? And how much are you willing to pay for the information.  You see I am a simple man, a poor man, and if someone who is as powerful and rich as Baron Scar wants information then he must be willing to pay for it.  It does seem a reasonable trade to me.  So do you have the power to tell me how much the information is worth, or do we go see Baron Scar?"

Marvin and Bert were about to round the corner when Marvin held Bert back as he heard the voice of Karshi.  They silently crept up to the corner and listened.  

Capher.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2005, 10:34:22 AM »

Ratdragon sighed inwardly as he realized that he shouldn't have let out how valuable the information was. After the man finished, Ratdragon heard faint footsteps with his sharp elven ears. This helped him make up his mind.

"We need this information for several reasons. Lives could be at stake. I'm not able to tell you how much the Baron will pay, but I am sure that it will be a handsome amount. Ratdragon said this more confidently than he felt. "He is in Arth's, I'll lead you there."

Turning back the way he came, Ratdragon looked over his shoulder to see if Karshi agreed.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2005, 12:44:22 AM »

Karshi knew that Arth's was one of Baron Scar's haunts and besides it was there that he had been told that a man had asked Norkin about a moonblade.  So he thought, I kill two birds with one stone.  "I know where Arth's is. I will be right behind you, young fellow."

"Hey Marvin, did you hear that? Baron Scar is at Arth's and he wants Karshi, why?" asked Bert.

Marvin looked at Bert disgustedly. "Because you idiot he has somehow figured out that the woman who was knocked over by the orc is Karshi's mother-in-law.  I am just not sure whether the Baron knows if Wilma is dead or hurt and I think he needs to find out from Karshi.  So before the Baron finds out we need to find Wilma and finish what that orc started."

Bert shook his head no, then yes, then no again. "Uh Marvin, I know I am going to get hit in the head again, but we do not know where Wilma is either."

Marvin smacked Bert across the back of his head. "Ouch." Bert yelled. "Did you have to hit me that hard?"

"Think stupid, where would your mother-in-law go?"  Bert gave Marvin a stupid look.  Marvin shook his head, as he began to walk away, "If you had a mother-in-law, moron."

"Oh," said Bert. "I suppose I would go to...to my mothers house?" Bert asked crouching waiting to get hit over the head again if he guessed wrong.

Marvin smiled. "Now you are thinking. And where does Karshi and his wife live?"

Bert stopped and thought for awhile, then, "I do not know."

"Fortunately for the both of us, I do. Come on." Marvin said as he led Bert out of the alley way into Cedric Street.

Capher.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2005, 07:10:22 AM »

As Karshi confirmed that he would follow, the elf charged down the street once again, heading for arth's.

OOC: Next Post in Arth's

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]