Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: River Gate (Nyermersys)  (Read 5738 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 02:53:04 AM »

The wagon plodded slowly through the streets of Nyermersys pass the huge tower dedicated to Queprur then the road sloped a little as it headed down to the river gate.

There Boris and Nat went through the gate and headed for the wharf and to a particular ship; The Rover. The found the ship and stopped near its gangplank.  Two men quickly came down the gangplank. Boris and Nat opened up the cage and the two men carried the two unconcious men aboard the ship.  A large bellied, black hair and bearded man came down the gangplank.

Boris and Nat exchanged some coin between them and this man. "This weather keepin you here Cap'n?" asked Boris.

"No, I set sail as soon as I can, before the river ices up and I cannot get out into open water. would 'av to if it were not for those two. One looks like he will die during the voyage, the other though should bring a good price."

"Then our buisness is done, Cap'n. Good sailing," Boris said as he slapped the reins and the horses obediently plodded forward; both men looking forward to some good ale, nice warm room and perhaps some female companionship, now that they had some coin in their pockets, and their deed for which the thin man with the long nose and thin, reedy nasal type voice had paid them well for, was finished.

The Cap'n watched a little bit and then bellowed, "Pull up gangplank, weigh anchor, I want to get out of here as soon as I can."

"Aye Aye, Cap'n," came back the reply.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 01:07:41 AM »

"Wake up!, 'ere's your breakfast," a bowl of watery gruel was shoved into Heath's chained hands. He looked up into the gruff brown bearded man. "You better eat fast, we shove off soon and your back will be needed to row us out of the harbor."

The man kicked Petrie, who groaned. "I thought he was dead. Here give him his gruel when he wakes. He is too old to row, but I think we can find something for him to do."

Heath tried to jump up when the cruel man kicked his Master, but was held down by the chains wrapped around his ankles that were connected to bolted iron rings to the ships floor.

"Master Petrie is a well known healer and a friend of the Earl's. Release us now and you will not have to worry about your heads when the Earl finds out."

The guard, stopped, turned around and peered at Heath and then Petrie. Then without warning his massive hand flew down and cracked Heath across the mouth. Heath felt his head snap back, pain radiated through out his head and neck. He tasted warm blood in his mouth. "You have a smart mouth, boy. Keep it shut or the next time you will be flogged. Friend of the Earl's, bah!"  He kicked Petrie once more. "Wake up old man and eat."

The guard walked away, waking up the other prisoners and giving them their gruel. He glanced back at Heath who was spitting blood, and trying to help the old man. His eyes narrowed, could the boy be telling the truth? Should I tell the Captain?  He thought about it for a moment, then shook his head and finished his rounds.  He headed up the stairs, closed the door and left the prisoners in semi-darkness.

Heath called out. "Master, Master Petrie."

Petrie had been awake when the first kick hit his left leg, but he preferred to remain silent.  He winced inside when he heard what Heath said, and then heard fist hit mouth. He opened his eyes, for a moment, and saw Heath. He was about to say something but for some reason kept his mouth shut and quickly closed his eyes.  The man kicked him again and then walked away.  He then heard Heath call him.

"Heath, I am fine. Cold but fine. My boy, you must not say those things."

Heath spit some blood on the floor, "But they are the truth," he said, almost in tears.

"Do not show weakness. These men do not care about truth or us or the men all around us, all they care about is money."

"Where do you think we are going?" Heath asked.

"I have an idea, but I could be wrong," Pertrie answered, "We should eat. We need to keep up our strength if we are to..."

"Escape," Heath interrupted.

"No, survive," Petrie finished.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 09:31:32 PM »

Farrel had searched every place he could think of during the blizzard. His wounds hurt each time he breathed the cold air or moved. He had followed a rumor that had led him to the River gate and its shoddy part of the city.

This part of Nyermersys was occupied with run down shanty's, and riverfront bars frequented mostly by sailors and those who preyed upon them; whores and pickpockets.  The room in this particular inn, was the cleanest he could find; which meant that it had a relative insect free mattress upon which to lay upon.

He rose shaking from the cold. There were no fireplaces in the room, only a hole in the room which let in heat from the main fireplace down in the bar area of the inn. He rubbed his arms and legs while walking over to a small crocked water basin. He had to use his knife to break the ice that had formed and using the chunks, washed his face.

He stomped his feet to get the blood flowing. The stench of cheap ale filled his nostirls and when he left his room, the smell of vomit added to the smell.  He was greeted with the sight of several whores lying in the hallway. One of them sleepily awoke when he came out of his room. "Care, for a role, hon?" She asked.

She was young. He could see her ribs poke out of her skin and dress. Her light brown hair was plastered to her head with drink and vomit. She was barely dressed and shivered. Farrel felt sorry for her. He gave her a few coins, "Go home little sister. Buy something warm later on in the morning. No buisness till later."

She peered up at him, eagerly took the proferred coins and scuttled away. Farrel shook his head sadly. He probably just gave her more coin to drink with instead of buying some clothes to keep her body warm.  He walked across the creaky floor, made his way through the inn and out the door into the cold air and sunshine.

He took a deep breath. It was cold, but it was clear and smelled good.  He glanced around. The blizzard had covered everything and even in this part of town, the snow made it look almost clean.  He looked toward the harbor and could see the tops of the ships masts rising above the one level buildings that covered both sides of the street.

The rumor was had came late last night from a couple of drunk men who were bragging about how much money they had received for just transporting a couple of prisoners.  Farrel had tried to find out who these men's names were and where he could find them, but as soon as he began asking questions, his information dried up as fast as an empty ale cup.  Finally, after searching every inn and bar along the river front he found someone who was willing to talk for coin and ale. Farrel came away with two names; Boris and Nat. Unfortunately it was just their first names, with very little sketchy descriptions of them, but it was better than nothing.

Farrel's stomache growled. He was hungry, but he was not going to eat anything served in these places. He had thought about going back to a better place in town and grab something to eat, but his desire to find these two men and find out if they knew anything about Master Petrie and young Heath, drove him to quench his hunger and continue on.  His drunken friend had given him an inn's name that he said these two men were probably staying at; The Cursed Crowsnest.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »

Thomas wandered through the city, deep in thought. Two things were asking most for attention in his mind. Or rather, two people. One was the elf he'd just left in Eldina's capable hands. He wished him best of luck, and planned on taking a look in Brok's later to see if he was there, so that they could share that pint he'd offered. The other was Nichole.

What most occupied his thoughts though, at this moment, was a reason for him to go to the castle. He really wanted to see her again. Was there not some errand or other to get him there, so that he could find her and see her? How long he pondered this question, walking without looking where he was going, he didn't know. He was jolted out of his reverie by a familiar form further on in the street. His back was turned to Thomas, and he was walking away, but he knew it was Farrel, his lieutenant.

The sight of the lieutenant made him more aware of his surroundings. The state of these houses alerted him in which part of the city he actually was. He'd walked farther than he'd thought. He quickened his pace and when he was close enough, called out "Lieutenant!"
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 07:33:06 PM »

Farrel heard a voice behind him calling out his rank. He turned and saw a young man coming forward.  Farrel smiled when he recognized Corporal Thomas. "Corporal, what brings you down here? Rescuing damsels in distress? Did not the last time teach you a lesson?" He asked in a friendly tone.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 12:59:45 AM »

Thomas laughed. "Nothing near so romantic, sir. I'm afraid the plain truth of it is that I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice where I was going. If I'd realised I was coming this way, I'd have taken a turn some streets earlier." He looked around curiously. His job sometimes forced him to come into these unsaviour parts of the city, but in his free time he stayed away, like most normally thinking people. He wondered what his lieutenant was doing here, as well, but knew better than to ask the reason directly. He was still some ranks below, and he was a real soldier so he didn't usually ask question. Not out loud, anyway. Still, the roundabout way could not be called disobedient.

"Anything I can help with, Lieutenant?" he asked. It was still early, but he'd had breakfast so he wasn't really hungry. He wasn't even on duty, but perhaps whatever the Lieut was doing involved going to the castle eventually.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

Farrel paused and looked at Thomas. "What deep thoughts, Corporal?" Farrel asked.

And then before Thomas could answer he nodded, "Yes, I could use some help. I am searching for two people, you probably have heard of one, Master Petrie, and the other is his young apprentice, Heath. The last information I received was that two men may know their whereabouts. They are staying at the Cursed Crowsnest. Since you have patrolled this area, perhaps you can take me there and along the way you can tell me what you were tihinking of and I can tell you why we are searching for these two, deal?" Farrel asked.

OOC-Simonne, just adlib the way to the Cursed Crowsnest.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 02:16:30 AM »

Thomas shrugged and grinned ruefully. "Sure thing, lieutenant." He went to walk besides his boss. "Not much to tell about my deep thoughts, I'm afraid. You know my damsel in distress from yesterday? I was trying to figure out a way to get to the castle, to see if she's all right. Make sure she's not in even more distress and all." He didn't really want to add it, Farrel being Christian's brother-in-law (a very commonly known secret), but he didn't like the Earl. He'd heard of his reputation when it came to the girls, and he didn't want Nichole to be subject to that, especially after he'd saved her from his colleagues' overzealousness.

He turned a corner to the right and two streets further went to the left, instinctively finding his way to the most troublesome spot of his round. "That's it, no profound thinking, lieutenant. That's what got me thinking so hard that it got me here off duty." He looked up and saw, a little ways ahead, the tatty sign of the Cursed Crowsnest. It used to have a painting of a nest with some kind of black bird above it, and the name of the tavern above that, also in black. Now, however, it had degenerated so much that the bird was no more than a black spot, and the letters now read 'used owest'. Everyone in these parts still knew its name though. The missing letters didn't deter them - not surprisingly, considering the fact that almost none of the inhabitants could actually read.

"Here we are, sir. So why are we looking for Master Petrie and his apprentice?" he asked, while they were still a few peds away from the run-down inn.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »

Farrel slowed down when he heard Thomas's thoughts. "You need not worry about Nichole." He chuckled when he thought of how he had seen her take care of the Earl. "She has things well in hand, and the Earl seems to genuinely like her, besides with Lady Simonne also by his bedside, She will be fine."

They took some turns and then Thomas pointed out the Crowsnest. It was like most of the bars and inns in this part of town; an eyesore.  Then Thomas asked about Petrie and Heath.

"They were put in the dungeon by Counselor Baltizar, who swears he did not, but he put me into it. That dungeon had guards, that had become more like beasts then men. If it were not for Lady Simonne, and to some extent, your damsel, Nichole, I would probably still be there.  Anyway, now Baltizar is where I was, but without those guards. I had them all killed and burned.  It was during all of this that I discovered that Master Petrie and Heath were in the dungeon.  After making sure Lady Simonne was safe as well as Nichole i went searching for Petrie and Heath as they were not in the dungeon when I had it cleansed. My search led me finally here and it seems Queprur has sent you my way to help send the men who have them to her this day. You are armed, are you not?" Farrel asked.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]