Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tournament Grounds-Voldar  (Read 25382 times)
ScarDamien
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 02:13:23 AM »

I do not believe your eyes will see nor your ears ever hear of such an incident happening again, you can rest asured

Damien did not know what to make of that statement. He wondered to himself what the man meant as he stood behind him watching the crowd to see if any more archers approached.  He knew the King would not wait long before he announced the beginning of the competition.

He looked at the far end of the field where the rest of the archers were looking over their bows and checking their arrows, making sure they were straight and that the feathers were in good condition.  Damien knew by talking with Darius, that each element was important for each shot.

Lady Cherri had surprised him with her skill at the bow and arrow.  He had assumed that she was just a simple healer. He began to rethink his abilities to read people. No, just women, he chuckled to himself.  "As if anyone knows what a woman is like or thinks." he muttered.

That brought back Cadence and Clayton back to mind and he looked over at her and saw that she seemed to be happy as she gaily talked with her sister, Iris.  He then looked down upon Clayton's head. What did you mean, neighbor? he asked himself.  Why such a rush to marry?  Who do you know in Nyermersys?  Many answers came to him, some good, some bad; the bad ones were the ones that Damien did not like.

Voltigar
Approved Character

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 03:14:23 AM »

"Your highness, you certaintly are most gracious in your offer and it will consider some thought and discussion with my bride. However, I would like to meet with you privately, you and the Commander of course, to discuss it further. Perhaps after the festivities of this day, if it would please his Grace."

"As it pleases thee, Master Drake. I am sure the Commander and I will make ourselves available." Votigar replied.

The servants arrived with ale and passed it around to everyone who wanted some, and platters of steaming fowl, fruits and bread were placed amongst the guests on the risers.  Voltigar thanked his servants and they left but not too far and ate and drank themselves as the King permitted.

Voltigar ate and drank silently as he survyed the crowd and grounds watching for other archers to appear when suddenly a group of knights and one other approached from the other side of the field.  They began to march toward the royal riser.  Voltigar recognized the leader, it was Count Run'ior and the knights were his.

As they became closer some of the palace guards looked to him seemingly to ask if they should stop them, but Voltigar nodded no.  He turned his head toward Damien. "I believe Commander that we are about to have company."

Damien, who was lost in his thoughts, looked over at the approaching man and his knights. "Ah, your Majesty. It is Count Run'ior and his knights. I wondered if he was going to show up especially after his tirade the night before.  Speaking of tirade have we lost Kain as well?"

"No, he is coming. He wanted to do something first. I left him with guards to help him find the place."

"I am sure your Majesty that he could probably have done that by himself?"

"True Commander, my real reason for leaving him with guards is to protect the people, not Kain from them."

"Ah, yes I understand completely your Majesty."

Run'ior approached the riser, Voltigar looked down, "Count Run'ior welcome you have just arrived to see the archery contest.  Please come and take your seat along with your knights."

"I do not come here with pleasantries your Majesty." He looked around and frowned. "Where are you keeping your pet monster and wizard?  Afraid that once the people realize what you are about to do that you may have a rebellion on your hands?"

Damien took two long strides down and then jumped the rest of the way down to the ground, he landed hard and pulled his Kyranian axe from behind himself and advanced on Run'ior, whose knights drew their swords and placed themselves protectively around the count.  Damien seethed with anger, "Count, you will apologize to his Majesty now or face my wrath!"

Count Run'ior's face blanched when he saw Damien jump down from off the riser and pull his famous axe; even with a half dozen knights by his side, he knew his life was in danger.

The Palace guards rushed over with their pikes not knowing what to do except guard the King.

"Your Majesty call off your dog or I will take myself, my knights, and half of your Nobles with me and then..."

He was interrupted, "Dog! I shall show you who is a dog, you pompous, piece of dung!" Roared Damien and advanced.

Two of Run'ior's knights stepped forward with swords drawn. Damien swung his axe so fast and hard that the knights barely had time to defend themselves.  Damien's axe cut through the first knights sword and bent the other knights as steel met steel.

Voltigar rose from his seat. "Enough!"

Damien's eyes were cold as he stared at the Count, but he stopped.

"Put your weapons away. Commander remove thyself from my presence."

Damien looked up in shock and surprise.  He did not move but stared at his King and friend and then he slowly placed his axe back behind his back, straightened himself and slowly walked away toward his tent.

"Run'ior either take thy place or leave. My pet monster as you called him is not here and will probably not be here for a long time, if ever.  Grunok has left. He probably had enough of humans and after hearing yourself and others such as yourself with your prejudices...I do not blame him."

"And what about your wizard?" Run'ior said a bit more boldly knowing that Damien had left and that the orc, Grunok was gone as well.

"Master Kain is still around. He will be here shortly." Voltigar answered still looking straight ahead.  Then he looked down upon Run'ior and spoke very softly. "Maybe when he arrives you can make your objections to him being here to himself. And wipe the smirk off of your face Run'ior you have won nothing. Grunok had already left and Kain is staying."

Run'ior could not look at Voltigar's eyes, but as he and his knights climbed the riser and he took his place he smiled inwardly as he watched the back of Damien enter into his tent.

Voltigar raised his voice, "Place the targets for the archery contest one hundred and fifty paces."

Several men rushed forward and picked up the heavy wooden, leather rounded targets and paced off one hundred and fifty paces and placed the target on the ground.

"The arrow closest to the bullseye wins" Voltigar announced.

The crowd which had hushed and had watched the spectacle in front of the royal benches, came alive and roared their approval as they betted upon their favorites and cheered them on.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »

Guard

The guard saw the man running into the tournament grounds. He noticed he had a sword slung upon his back and he was looking around for something.

The guard approached the man. "Is there something I can help you with?" He asked.

OOC this is for you Malavon in case you were wondering.

Capher.

Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 03:58:23 AM »

Naya had arrived at the tournament ground silently, without drawing attention to herself. She had had to laugh at the guard's suggestion that she put a leash on the wolf. She still had quite some use for her hands, and did not wish for them to be bitten off - literally. Most of the people here were townspeople anyway, and assumed him to be a rather large dog. What would they know about nature, anyway.
As she wandered around the tournament grounds, she wondered where she was supposed to go. Somehow, she would have to subscribe for the swordmanship contest. She could see the archery contest being held now. She only hoped people wouldn't be so tiresome as to only allow men to participate. She knew that she was at least as good as other contestants, maybe even better.
In the end, she placed herself at a table where girls were walking around, taking orders for things to drink. She thought to ask someone who looked like he or she'd know, where she could subscribe. Meanwhile, she just looked around a little, while the wolf lay down at her feet.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 04:20:23 AM »

Mitch and Tulpje

She didn't know how he had done it, but Mitch had somehow designed a comfortable chair for her to sit in, using his handkerchief (a clean one) and his uniform. It was done in such a way that she could overview everything happening, but without people seeing her, unless they were actually looking for her. But then, most people were just too busy with either watching the archery contest or minding their own business that nobody thought to look for anything unusual.
Mitch made a tour with her around the grounds. He didn't talk so much anymore, as he'd have to talk louder and that would certainly draw attention, but now and then he stopped and pointed out funny things. They saw a couple, walking hand in hand but in the mean time arguing for their life's worth.
Somewhere else, some children were playing with a ball, but one of them was so skilled that the others almost never got it from him, however hard they tried. Even when they did get it, it was quite obvious that he'd let them, because otherwise they wouldn't play with him anymore.
They saw another child, standing very quietly next to a pastry stand. Just as they were looking that way, the man from the stand wasn't watching anymore, and the child snatched one pastry, a small one, from the stand. Then it quickly made it's escape. Mitch decided to let the child be. "After all, what child has never snatched a pastry? It won't make him join the MadCaps, I should think."
As the archery contest was well on its way, Mitch walked back to the risers, but couldn't discover Damien anywhere. Where would he have gone, the guard wondered? He decided to stay nearby, in case the Commander should decide to summon him now. Besides, from here he had a wonderful view of the archery contest. The summons would come sooner or later, but he might as well enjoy the time before that.

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 04:20:23 AM »

Malavon heared a man talking to him, Is there something I can help you with, he asked .

Turning to him and smiling , Malavon realized that he was a guard and asked :

Malavon - Indeed you can , my friend . Could you direct me to the swordmanship contest , i was hoping of entering if i aint too late .

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 08:22:23 AM »

Ratdragon ran full speed through the crowd. He had somehow gotten lost in the throng of people and was now trying to catch up with his companions. Bursting into the tournament area, he glanced around for Cherri, Damien, or another familiar face to give him direction.

------------------
Swift Death to All Who Oppose Me!

RatDragon

Cherri Rowandyn
Elemental Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim / Ylfferhim / Sanhorrhim

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 09:33:23 AM »

Cherri pulled an arrow from her quiver and took her place in front of her mark.  Her arrows were tipped red and green.  How well the bow and arrows seemed to suit her, but then again Tythle was of her tribe and had made both himself.  

Cherri caught sight of Ratdragon's pointy hair and let out a sharp high pitched whistle that she knew would reach his elven ears.  She waved at Ratdragon hoping that he would get the idea to hurry or else he would miss the competition.

Cherri took her stance before the target and focused upon the bullseye.  She waited for the annoucement to ready their bows.  It would not do for her to tire her arm by keeping the bow strung while they waited.

As she stood there and waited the specticul that had just occurred before them all puzzled Cherri.  The King and his Commander seemed to have more than a military based friendliness.  They seemed as tho they were close friends.  Cherri had only known Damian for a short time, but she already knew that the Commander was fiercly loyal to the King.  Cherri had picked up on some of the conversation between the man with the knights and Damian.  Cherri wondered why the King would allow such insubordination from the other man.  He was clearly nobility, but the Commander had only wished to protect the King's name, hadn't he.

Cherri had watched Damian move with fluidity that was not normal for humans.  He was a man used to fighting and his body was well conditioned to it.  Cherri had noticed his muscles moving and flexing with ease as he had advanced upon the man and his knights and her curiosity had been peaked.  Cherri slightly shook her head of the thoughts of the man.  It would not due for her mind to loose its primary focus and right now that was the bullseye 150 paces away.

*****************************************************************'

Iris was releaved to see her sister back to herself.  Cadence had seemed so distant when she had come back from being wed.  Iris herself wondered briefly why the King would offer to marry Cadence, tho she knew Voligar had a fondness for Cadence and herself they were still only his servants.  THen the answer dawned on her.  The annulement.  Iris smiled fondly at the thought and knew that Voltigar was trying to protect Cadence as best as he could under the circumstances.  

Then Lord Run'ior appeared with his Knights and made everything much less joyous.  The Lord seemed to know just what buttons to push with Damian.  And Damian lost his temper giving the Lord the satisfaction of seeing it.  Iris knew they were well protected when the Lord's knights drew their arms, but a protective arm went across Cadence ready to quickly move her out of any harm.  Cadence clutched at Iris' dress like a little child as she watched Damian descend to defend the King's honor.

Iris noted that Clayton had made no move to protect his newly wedded bride, but instead seemed to enjoy the conflict that occurred before his very eyes.

When Clayton noticed Iris watching him he quickly hid the smirk that had unconciously appeared upon his face as he watched Damian stalk off towards his tent.  Clayton instead stood and walked towards Cadence.  He gathered her hands from Iris's dress and held them in his own.  "You were not worried were you my love?  No.  You couldn't possibly have been being ever protected by the King's guards as well as myself." Clayton kissed each of Cadence's knuckles and then kissed the side of her mouth and then her forehead.  

Cadence looked up at Clayton and saw that the warmth was back in his eyes.  She was happy to have him as he was now, but apprehension darted in the back of her mind like shadows hiding from the light of a candle.  Candence decided to put these disturbing thoughts far from her mind and bask in the warmth of Clayton's love for her.

Clayton took his seat back beside the King and silently wondered who this man was that would so boldy challenge the King, his authority, and Damian all in the same breath and actually get away with it.  'This is perhaps just the man I should get to know a bit better.' Clayton thought to himself.

Personal Page
Cherri Rowandyn

Cherri Rowandyn
Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 12:20:23 AM »

Guard

The guard took a quick appraisial of the man in front of him. "The swordmanship contest has not started yet. As you can see the archery contest is about to begin.  When the swordmanship contest is announced then you go forward to the King, announce who you are, along with the other contestants and then the contest begins.  In the meantime, I suggest you can get something to eat and drink over at that tent, with the plackard saying, "Arth's Place"  they sell the best food and ale, and the waitresses aint bad either."  He said with a wink.

Thai

Thai was busy filling orders when the crowd hushed and he noticed the man with his knights enter.  He knew the man, it was Count Run'ior.  He watched with curiosity as did the rest of the crowd of the spectacle that occured.  Then he noticed a figure of black jump down from the riser, and he knew it was Damien.  He really knew when he saw the figure draw an axe, its twin blades brightly gleaming in the sunlight.  He heard snatches of conversation between Damien and the Count as the wind blew some of it within hearing.

Damien attacked some knights, then the King rose and spoke loudly and ordered Damien from his sight.  Thai could almost feel the shock and surprise that must have come from Damien and could not believe it when Damien slowly, but proudly walked off the field toward his tent.  "What in Coor's name was going on?" He muttered under his breath.

The King then ordered the archery contest to begin as if nothing had happened and the Count took his place on the riser with his knights behind him.  This was really confusing to Thai.  He wanted to go to Damien, but knew that was not permissible.  He was still a townsman, and Damien was...Nobility, a Baron, he out ranked the Count and was the King's protector if not his best friend. The whole scene was like a nightmare to Thai.

Thai did not know what to do so he just went back to work. He knew eventually Damien would tell him what was going on.  He then noticed a young lady looking around as if she were lost. He walked up to her, wiping his hands upon his apron, "My name is Thai. Is there something I can do for you?" He asked.

OOC this is for you Naya.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 4/27/06 16:35
ScarDamien
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 01:45:23 AM »

Damien slowly walked off the field his face set in stone.  He noticed the young guard standing off to the side, Mitch.  He just waved his finger at him to follow.

Damien went into his tent and was hit with a blast of heat.  He opened the rear flaps to let some breeze through.  He turned and saw Mitch enter.

"Well Mitch, I guess I have the time now to hear your little friends message.  What is her name again? I forgot with all of this excitement." Damien said casually as if what had just happened had never happened or was not to be spoken about at least not by the young guard.

Voltigar
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 01:51:23 AM »

Voltigar sat there showing no emotion, even when Clayton passed by him and went to Cadence and talked with her and then went and sat back down.  He then noticed another archer approaching the others. He raised his voice. "You must announce yourself to me before you can compete sir."

OOC this is for you Ratdragon, hurry so the King can start the competition.

Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2006, 05:07:23 AM »

Naya looked up at the man who had spoken to her. With a smile she answered: "I would like to take part in the swordmanshipcontest. I was wondering wether you know where I can subscribe?" As she waited for his reply, she looked at the man a little more closely. He seemed a nice enough person. It looked like he was the barmaids' boss, or so she thought.
She wondered would he be able to help her. Being in charge here didn't necessarily mean that he knew where the contest was held and how one subscribed, but there was a good chance that he did. This probably wasn't the first tournament ever being held in Voldar, so anyone who had previously gone to one would probably know this.

Malavon Despana
Wizard's Bane
Approved Character

Maelf , Helcrani Sanhorrhim

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 05:08:23 AM »

Malavon - Arth Place you say ? That i will , thank you kindly .

Malavon left the kind guard to go the tavern he pointed .

Ill give you a moment to comfort each others before I end your pathetic lives !!

Malavon The Mage Killer
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2006, 01:16:23 AM »

Thai looked at the young woman and sighed, "You did not mention your name, miss.  I am afraid that all competitions, including the swordmanship are done by men alone, unless of course you can prove yourself.  See that young lady archer, her name is Cherri.  She proved to the King that she could compete with the men."

"When the swordmanship contest is announced, you go to the front of the King, announce yourself, and then he will determine whether or not you can compete or not."

Thai paused, "I hope I have been a help to you miss." He said.

Capher.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2006, 11:07:23 AM »

Ratdragon pushed his way through the crowd at hearing Cherri's whistle. Stopping beside her, he unslung his bow and tried to catch his breath. Nodding to Cherri, he smiled and awaited the tournament.

------------------
Swift Death to All Who Oppose Me!

RatDragon

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]