Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Seagorn Garrison(Nyermersis)  (Read 35785 times)
Manik Targin
Guard of Nyermersys
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »

((OOC: Ill catch up Manik and Dean so that the start of this post happens before your posts. I think it makes more sense. Also I did this very quick so sorry for the lack of proof reading.))

Manik and Dean left the Captain's apartments in a hurry. As they jogged lightly towards the barracks Manik looked over at Dean and gave him an playful eyebrow which questioned whether Dean believed what had happened because Manik hardly could. Dean just returned with a playful shrug and smile and then they both started laughing. Then Dean gave Manik a shove and bolted for the barracks door. Manik tried to catch up racing as fast as his legs would take him. He couldnt quite catch up to Dean and in the last few yards his footing slipped and he almost bailed into the snow and mud, but luckily caught his footing.

With a quick laugh Dean opened the barracks door, "Close one. That looks nasty slippery, someone is bound to hurt themselves," and gave Manik a mocking smile then turned and they entered the building.

Their Sergeant, Sgt. Henderson was the only one in the room and when he saw them he strode up and crossed his arms giving their new rank a disapproving look. Manik and Dean both stopped and stood at attention sensing its necessity.

Sgt. Henderson started slowly, "Well I know Dean has been here long enough to know that wearing rank you havent earned is close to suicide so I will assume that you are not that foolish and were given it by an officer. I also received notice that you would be leaving my squad, and without a reason. Would you be kind enough to provide me one?"

Manik liked the sarge but knew he couldnt tell him, so he shifted uncomfortably and gave him a curt "Sorry Sergeant, we cannot."

"Very well," Henderson replied then gave a long breath and turned to Dean and shook his hand, "Private -- Oh I apologize, Corporal Dean Winters, it was a pleasure to have you in my squad, it is a disspointment to see you go."
"Thank you Sgt. the pleasure was mine," Dean replied with a smile.

"And Manik, You seem to have unbelievable luck, so I wish the best of it for you in the future."
"Thank you Sarge, and to you."

"Now. Once you have your things packed where are you off to?" Sgt. Henderson questioned.
"Dun't know that one actually, Sarge," Dean replied.
"Well its about time for lunch meal, so once you get packed and your bunks are spotless you better run over there and get a quick bite to eat, thats where I'm off to now.
"Will do Sarge, and thanks."

Manik and Dean quickly threw their things into packsacks and cleaned up their bunk making sure everything was just in order. Manik had only been there a few days so he was ready before Dean and then they made their way over to the mess hall.

Entering and collecting some food to eat, they earned some stares at their new rank but no one actually voiced their opinions and left them alone to get a table. Manik and Dean both got a piece of salted pork, some boiled potatoes, and some carrots. The meal was decent. The pork was dry and carrots poor, but
what made up for it was the desert of apple sauce. To have apple sauce this early in the year and it was delicious. Manik finished and fetched some stale bread and old cheese while Dean spooned his apple sauce with a great smile on his face.
"Its the simple things in life my friend, the simple things," stated Dean inclining his head and then went back to his apple sauce making yummy sounds.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]