Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zocharras' Gate(Nyermersis)  (Read 26233 times)
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2007, 05:35:38 PM »

Harry looked the traveller over. He stepped forwards and inspected the decent sized bundle. It sat there, looking innocent as Harry prodded it. Finding nothing wrong, Harry looked up at the stranger with a friendly smile. "Nothing's wrong. Come on in."

Turning, he stepped into the doorway. He walked into the office, and sat down, motioning for the traveller to do the same. "Please, take a seat," he said, with a friendly smile. The traveller seemed very tense, and Harry's friendly nature wanted to put him at ease. "I would like your name, your weapons, and your intent here," he said.

Kurr
Cur
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2007, 09:05:17 AM »

Kurr grinned within the folds of his hood as the guard stepped forward and prodded the bundle. The man obviously didn't trust the hooded stranger, as Kurr was usually called. Of course had Kurr been in this man's position he would have been wary of a man that refused to show his face. It had been like that for the last year and a half and he was beginning to get used to it, but it still had a bit of a sting to it. He turned his thoughts aside as the man turned away from the bundle of furs and back toward him.

"Nothing's wrong. Come on in," the guard said with a friendly smile.

Kurr followed the man through the doorway and into an office. The guard sat down then motioned for him to do the same. He looked at the chair offered for a moment, reluctant to sit but he figured wouldn’t be smart to decline an offer from the man that guarded the city. He stiffly sat, sweeping his cloak off to the side a bit, but keeping the hood up.

"I would like your name, your weapons, and your intent here," the guard said.

"My name is Kurr. I carry a longsword, bow, hunting knife, and a small dagger. The last is more a tool than weapon. As for my intent here I am looking for a buyer for these furs and maybe staying a bit to rest before returning to the road," Kurr stated briskly, trying to end this meeting as swiftly as possible.

Most prisons are of our own making. A man makes his own freedom too.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »

Harry looked at Kurr. His first impression of him was of a weary traveller, then a cautious trader. Now, with his hood up all the time, he seemed like those shady types, intent on robbing and raping people. Maybe I should get a look at him, just in case he gets into trouble. Identification will be easy if I do.

"Alright, Kurr. If it is no trouble, I'd like you to remove your hood, please," he requested in the most neutral tone he could manage. He then pulled a piece of fresh parchment and started penning down Kurr's information.

Kurr
Cur
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2007, 09:30:53 AM »

The guard looked at him and Kurr knew what was coming next. In most the cities he had traveled through they had requested he take down his hood, and he should have been expecting it here as well. It was always difficult for him to lift his hands to pull down the grey fabric and he wished they wouldn't ask but then the guards wouldn't be doing their job. He knew the man's words before they tumbled out of his mouth.

"Alright, Kurr. If it is no trouble, I'd like you to remove your hood, please," the man requested.

As the man pulled out a piece of parchment Kurr shakily and silently lifted his hands. Even thought he had often had to do this, it never stopped the sting from the looks that most gave him. He grasped hold of the edge of the grey cloth and slowly removed the hood, looking down and away from the light as he did so. After that he ran a hand through his auburn hair, hiding the scars as best he could with his hand for a moment before scratching the back of his head and looking up.

The light in the room dance across the scars that marred his face and he fought the urge to look away from them man. Kurr stood his ground and waited for the man's reaction, one deep blue eye fixed on him, while the other stared blindly ahead. All he could do was hope that his name and the news of the accident hadn't spread to the middle class of the city.

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2007, 09:46:47 AM »

The scars were horrible.

That was the only thing that ran throught Harry's mind as he gazed at the scars. I have never seen such... mutilation! His face, though, showed nothing of what he was thinking, nor his shock. He was well trained. His quill scratched across the parchment as he finished writing Kurr's particulars. "Thank you, Kurr," he said.

He then handed the paper to Kurr and stood. "Off ya go now," Harry said, a slight drawl entering his tone. "The Brok's Rest is the best place for an Inn, an' you may also wander around the city. The papers must be with ya at all time."

With this, he opened the door and shooed the man out. As soon as Kurr was out from sight, he grabbed his previously abandoned teacup and downed it in one gulp. That ain't enough, he thought. A calloused hand reached under the table and brought out a bottle of beer. A few gulps later, and he felt almost normal. Taking a deep breath, he stood up again, and walked to his post. The memory of the horrendous scar was still fresh; as a young recriut, he hadn't seen much action, but work had to be done.

Kurr
Cur
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2007, 10:13:15 AM »

Kurr swiftly pulled the hood back up, concealing his face. He noticed that the guard's face had been free of emotion but knew that the man was trained to hide what he was thinking. No one that Kurr had ever met could not look at the scars and not be affected by it, not even himself. He tugged at the edges of his hood, not wanting anyone to see the scars again, wishing once more the wolf had killed him that day.

"Off ya go now," the guard said, handing Kurr the paper, "The Brok's Rest is the best place for an Inn, an' you may also wander around the city. The papers must be with ya at all time."

Kurr could tell the man's ability to keep his emotions in check was slowly leaving him. He quietly left, stuffing the papers into his saddlebag as he grabbed Titan's reins and led the horse into the city. Silently thanking the man for keeping his thoughts reined in, feeling the barest pangs of the old pain spring up. This encounter hadn't been near as painful for the young man as the previous one had been, and for that he silently thanked the guard.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]