Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blood Gate and the Harbour District(Nyermersys)  (Read 12254 times)
Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 04:00:31 AM »

Thomas had taken Nichole to her bath, and discreetly left her to it. When she'd come back out later, he was astonished at the transformation. She was beautiful. His mother had seen the admiration in his eyes, but hadn't said anything. Nichole still didn't seem very much at ease, but both the soldier and his mother tried as well as they could to make her feel welcome.

They'd let her sleep in his sister's room, and Thomas had spent the night in his own room, first thinking and then dreaming of the silent girl. He was sure Manik would forgive him for not showing up for the party, especially if he knew the circumstances, and the Lieutenant knew where he was and who he was with.

Now, in the morning, he'd take her back to the Lieut, even though he didn't really want to let her go. He felt protective of her. It seemed tough to him, to live your life never able to speak, and he wanted to make life easier for her if he could. He just didn't know how to.

Morghan Nichole
Christian's Mute Servant
Approved Character

Human, Zarathian/Ordian

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 07:23:28 AM »

Morghan awoke the next morning and rubbed her eyes silently. She looked around quietly, biting the corner of her lip as she sat up in Thomas' sisters bed. She looked around for a few moments before sliding off the bed, her bare feet touching the icey ground with a shock. A cool shiver rippled through Morghan as she looked around the room quietly. Morghan rubbed her bare arms slightly as she looked around before moving to the door and stepping into the hall. Before she stepped into the hall she smothed her outfit quietly, she had slept in it and it took a few moments to straighten it out completly.

She had slept very well and was quiet surprised being that she was in a strange place with people she hardly knew. As she came into the kitchen she saw Thomas and smiled faintly, stopping in her tracks for a fleeting moment before entering the kitchen and sitting down. He offered her a drink, she took it quietly and sipped the warm tea.

Thomas and his mother had apparently been up for awhile... Thomas was already dressed for work apparently. She smiled faintly as she looked out the window to the bright day outside.

"Your going back to the leader of the soldiers... Maybe back to your friend Nat"

Morghan ignored her demon without swatting at him. He was snuggled down on her lap and she eyed him slightly but let him stay. He really wasnt always a pain in her side but as of late he had been... snide remarks and unnerving her with mean thoughts. So now... she decided to just ignore him.

Morghan looked from her demon to Thomas who was looking at her again and she smiled softly, lowering her grey-green eyes once more shyly as her tan flesh glistened slightly with a faint crimson blush. Morghan licked her lips slightly as she looked up to Thomas' mother who was cooking something which smelled wonderful. Thomas scooted to be besides Morghan and asked if she slept well. Morghan nodded lightly with a bright smile to answer him.

"As I was going up the stair
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd stay away."
Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 03:42:18 AM »

Pretty soon, the eggs that Thomas's mother was cooking landed on Nichole's plate. "Here, my girl, eat up. My son and I already ate ours." Mother Nichole walked over to a chair and sat down. "Now I have to sit a bit. Not as agile as I once was, I'm afraid..."

When Morghan had finished eating, Thomas said (with obvious regret in his voice) "I have to bring you to the Lieutenant now, as I promised. Will you come with me?" He invitingly held out his arm, so that she could take it again, as she had done yesterday. He rather liked the feel of her arm in his. Why did he have to let her go now?

Morghan Nichole
Christian's Mute Servant
Approved Character

Human, Zarathian/Ordian

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 04:48:39 AM »

Morghan smiled thankfully to Thomas' mother as she piled the eggs on her plate and Morghan began eating quickly. Morghan looked to Thomas occasionally as she ate until she noticed his mother was looking at them both then Morghan tore her eyes from him and ate in silence, watching her plate grow bare.

When she was done eating Thomas stood...

"I have to bring you to the Lieutenant now, as I promised. Will you come with me?"

Thomas walked to her side and offered her his arm. Morghan stood and took his arm quietly... not overly thrilled about having to go back. She liked it here with Thomas and his mother but she knew Thomas had been ordered to bring her back... and she liked Thomas... so she wouldn't get him in trouble.

As they walked Morghan rested her head on Thomas' shoulder again, closing her eyes though she wasn't tired at all. She rested her free hand on his arm lightly as well, lifting her eyes to his own and smiling faintly as he looked down to her...

"Googly eyes wont help Morghan... he has to take us back... It was his orders. We can't stay with him... We are nobodies... Servants... He can't be expected to keep us... he can not love us..."

.oO("I know") Morghan hissed at her demon who was trotting to her side....

"Then why get comfortable with him at your side... soon he wont be there anymore"

Morghan ignored her demon... while it spoke the truth... she didn't want to hear it.

Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 05:09:18 AM »

As they were walking, Thomas kept his eyes on the way ahead, though at times he chanced a brief look at the girl by his side. Sometimes her head was resting on his shoulder, other times she was also looking at him. At these times he gave her a grin, although it was not as wide as the evening before. He couldn't help thinking that when they got there, he wouldn't see her anymore.

Where her arm, and her free hand, touched his arms, he had goosebumps. Strange, what this silent girl was doing to him. There had never before been a girl he had wanted to be with, to protect, as much as this stranger that he happened to have saved. A strand of brown hair had strayed. Before he could stop himself, he reached out his free hand and tugged it behind her ear, almost accidentaly - but not quite - touching her cheek with his thumb. His hand lingered there just for a moment, as if of its own accord, then he took it away, but as he looked into her greenish eyes, a kind of crooked smile crept on his face. As they approached the garrison together, he suddenly stopped her for a moment and turned her so that she stood facing him.

"Listen, Nichole, I want to ask you something. If it's too impudent of me, just shake your head and I won't say another thing about it, but I would really like to see you again. I don't know what the Lieutenant is going to do, but I should think he'd find you a job or something. I have my shift soon, but I can find out where he has placed you. When I have found out and I have my next free period, could I come and see you?" A longing spoke from his honest brown eyes, a feeling that seemed to beg her to say yes. Maybe she had bewitched him, but he could not have spoken in any other way. And if she had, he was quite glad. He would not have it differently.

Morghan Nichole
Christian's Mute Servant
Approved Character

Human, Zarathian/Ordian

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 05:25:56 AM »

Morghan quietly looked around as they walked, but she looked to Thomas quiet often as well, he was more interesting to her than any of the sights this place had to offer. Her grayish emerald orbs caught his brown eyes looking at her a few times and she smiled brightly.

His hand reached for a loose strand of her hair, lightly brushing it away, his palm... surprisingly soft, resting on her cheek a moment giving her a sharp chill throughout. She took a deep breath and smiled faintly as his eyes caught her own once more. Morghan noticed how close they were once more to where they had been the eve past and as she looked around Thomas stopped in front of her.

"Listen, Nichole, I want to ask you something. If it's too impudent of me, just shake your head and I won't say another thing about it, but I would really like to see you again. I don't know what the Lieutenant is going to do, but I should think he'd find you a job or something. I have my shift soon, but I can find out where he has placed you. When I have found out and I have my next free period, could I come and see you?"

Morghan's Demon giggled and spun in circles... "You've got an admirer... Say yes!!! Say Yes!!!"

Morghan nodded softly, a gentle smile playing across her lips. What she wouldn't do to be able to find her voice now... to be able to shout yes out to the world... But it was impossible. How could she then... other then her nodding yes... show him that she too was inclined to want the pleasure of his company again.

Before she could stop herself she reached for his hands and held them, then she stretched up on tippy toes and kissed his cheek lightly, smiling brightly as she looked to him and nodded yes again, holding his gentle hands the entire time. Her tan skin was suddenly hot with pink flush and she looked down for a few moments before looking back up to him with an innocent bat of the eyes.

Morghan's demon whispered to her... "Sadly it will never work... He is a soldier... we are nobody." Her demon sniffled slightly as he spoke before disappearing all together for the time being.

Morghan smiled again faintly to Thomas... She knew her demon was right... but she could hope at least.

Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 06:30:34 AM »

He was very glad when she nodded, but wasn't prepared for her next action - kissing him on the cheek, ever so lightly. He thought the touch of her lips on his cheek would stay with him for the rest of the day. His cheeks turned a bright scarlet - all things considered, he was really a shy person - and smiled broadly. "I will find you again, today. I promise! Now, let's go find that lieutenant, shall we?"

With that, both started walking again, although they were both a little redder than they had been before.

*Continues in the Garrison*

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 12:58:23 AM »

Farrel slowed down when he heard Thomas's thoughts. "You need not worry about Nichole." He chuckled when he thought of how he had seen her take care of the Earl. "She has things well in hand, and the Earl seems to genuinely like her, besides with Lady Simonne also by his bedside, She will be fine."

They took some turns and then Thomas pointed out the Crowsnest. It was like most of the bars and inns in this part of town; an eyesore.  Then Thomas asked about Petrie and Heath.

"They were put in the dungeon by Counselor Baltizar, who swears he did not, but he put me into it. That dungeon had guards, that had become more like beasts then men. If it were not for Lady Simonne, and to some extent, your damsel, Nichole, I would probably still be there.  Anyway, now Baltizar is where I was, but without those guards. I had them all killed and burned.  It was during all of this that I discovered that Master Petrie and Heath were in the dungeon.  After making sure Lady Simonne was safe as well as Nichole i went searching for Petrie and Heath as they were not in the dungeon when I had it cleansed. My search led me finally here and it seems Queprur has sent you my way to help send the men who have them to her this day. You are armed, are you not?" Farrel asked.
Simonne Miller
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 01:19:53 AM »

Thomas nodded once. "Always, sir." He put a hand on the sword hanging at his side, and was silently grateful for putting on his guard's uniform this morning, even though he hadn't been on duty. The people here knew him like this. They also knew he was fair: if they didn't bother him too much, he didn't bother them too much. Usually, anyway. They might be raw, unfriendly people to the eye of the 'civilised' parts of town, but they had a heart - of sorts. Though they wouldn't tell him their deepest secrets, they tolerated him and the guards under him. They'd probably also tolerate the Lieutenant, or at least that was what he hoped.

He opened the door and stepped inside, expecting the lieutenant to follow him. It was surprisingly busy, mostly with people eating breakfast. Or what the barkeep here called breakfast, anyway. As he entered the warmth of the common room, most of the talk died down, to be replaced by dead silence for a moment. When they saw who it was, they resumed their eating and their talking, though it sounded more restrained than it had been. Thomas smiled, though it didn't reach his eyes. He knew the effect he had here. Oh well, it didn't matter anyway.

He turned to the Lieutenant. "Do you see who you were supposed to find here, sir?" he asked, respectfully but quietly. No need to pull too much attention of the patrons to the man who had come in with him. They knew he belonged to the upper classes, unlike Thomas who had lived near them all his life - even if not exactly in this district. Thomas let his eyes go over the crowd while waiting for the lieutenant's answer. The patrons might be talking to each other again, but it was quite clear that the attention was aimed at the two soldiers at the door.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 11:10:45 PM »

Farrel followed Thomas into the Crowsnest. He was not prepared for how many men were in the common room. Brok's Rest, was like a bare cupboard compared to this place. He immediately felt eyes on him and the boisterous conversations that had been heard, died down and became more guarded.

"Do you see who you were supposed to find here, sir?" Thomas asked him.

Farrel sighed. "I have no description, just names; Boris and Nat. But I do not think we would get any information here. I was hoping the place would be as empty as Brok's and then I could discreetly talk to the barkeep and perhaps bribe him to tell me if he knew where they were. Wishful thinking."

Farrel paused as he thought the situation over. "Lets go over to the bar. Just standing here makes us more suspicious and if Boris and Nat are in here they may figure out why we are here and try and bolt;with this crowd backing them up, we would be sore pressed to try and follow them. Let's go get a drink. I will follow your lead, as they seem to tolerate you better than I. Perhaps we can get the barkeep to talk, for some coin. Who knows? But keep eyes at the back of your head," Farrel warned.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 03:03:21 AM »

Farrel walked slowly up the inn's staris his sword drawn. He could feel Thomas behind him also ready with his sword drawn. They reached the top of the stairs without making the floor squeak too much, but that was a difficult task considering the type of and condition of the building they were in.  He stopped when he reached the top.  His breathing was labored as if he had just run a league instead of just climbing a few stairs.

The information they had received from the bartender was that the two men they were looking for were upstairs probably with some women. He did not know their names. The bartender said that the two had been throwing money around and had got stinking drunk, picked up a couple of whores and rented a couple of rooms for the night.

Farrel was hoping that both men were so hung over that this would not be much of a fight, but you could never be too careful, so he walked down the hallway very carefully until he came to door number five. That is where the bartender said one of them was, the other man took door six, which was the next door down the hallway.  Farrel whispered to Thomas, "You take this door and I will take the other. When I am ready I will nod my head and we will both knock down the door and confront them. Hopefully, they are hung over and still asleep, but you never know, so keep your guard up."

Farrel moved on down to the other door, readied himself and then glancing over at Thomas nodded.

His foot hit the door hard and the soft cored door caved in backwards. Farrel rushed in as he heard a woman scream. The room was small with only a bed and a small table with a hole in the floor so that heat from the downstairs fireplace could rise and give some sort of warmth to the room.

Farrel looked at the bed where a half naked woman covering herself with a blanket was screaming. "Who are you? What do you want? Help!!" Her voice screeched in Farrel's ears as he searched the room. There was no man here.  He shouted at the woman. "Where is the man that was with you last night?"

She did not answer him but just continued screaming.

Down at the end of the hallway, Boris had been using the public toilet when he heard the sound of splintering wood and then a woman's scream. He recognized the voice and the scream, for she had screamed for him the previous night, but it was a whole different type of scream and for a whole different reason.  He opened the toilet door and looked down the hallway.  He heard a man's voice over the whore's screaming asking for the man that was with her last night.  Boris quickly closed the door, he was dressed and he never went anywhere without his weapon; a very sharp and long daggar.  He leaned against the door trying to think.

Boris was a big bellied man with dark coarse black hair and beard that covered most of his face. He had small deep set brown eyes under large black bushy eyebrows. Who was looking for him? The authorities? or was it several other possibilities? Boris and Nat had acquired many a debt gambling, but they were prepared to pay off all their debts. They had more than enough coin to do so, but they had just not done it yet. So who was after him. 

He opened the door a crack and sneaked a ways down the hallway until he could see and hear another man in Nat's room.  Boris had to do something. As quietly and quickly as he could he advanced upon his room.

The door had been smashed open and just inside he saw the back of the man. He was weilding a sword. Soldiers Boris thought. So it was the authorities and not the men who collected gambling debts. Soldiers ended up missing down here all the time, Boris grinned wickedly as he drew his daggar and held it low in his right hand preparing to stab the man in the back.

******************************************************************************************

Nat was a stringy muscled man with stringy light brown hair that hung about his shoulders. His normal ocean gray colored eyes were beat red and he was curled up with his whore when his door came crashing in. He woke up and quickly rolled out of the bed, grabbing a rusty old sword, dressed only in his drawers he faced the man who had broken into his room.  He looked liked a soldier, and a young one at that. He grinned with yellow teeth, several missing, "Bad day to die, boy" He taunted.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:42:07 AM by Capher » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2007, 05:10:44 AM »

Farrel could hardly stand the woman screaming and knew that his plan of surprise was out the window. He hoped that Thomas was faring better than he in the other room when the woman stopped screaming and she seemed to be looking behind him.

The hairs on his neck stood straight up. He swivled to his left just as he heard a snarl and caught the flash of a blade held by a massive meaty hand as it passed by his right side, cutting his uniform.

He slammed the hilt of his sword into the bearded face of the man who had just tried to stab him in the back and would have if not for the woman and Farrels quick reflexes.  The man staggered back, blood poured from a gash above his left eye.

The man shook his bull like head and charged Farrel. Farrel swung his sword, the man parried with his daggar; the sound of steel against steel rang in the air. Farrel was sure that the daggar would be dislodged from the man's hand but the man was strong and very angry. He charged again.

Farrel swung his sword again, but the man parried, this time the daggar flew out of the man's hands and stuck in the wall. The man continued on and grabbed Farrel around the waist and shoved him against the far wall. He began pummeling Farrel in his stomache with his huge fists.

Farrel grunted in pain as his back slammed into the wall. He arched up and slammed the pommel of his sword down upon the man's back as he felt the man's fists slam into his stomache. If it were not for the huge man holding his up, Farrel would have slumpled down to the floor.

He felt his old wound tear open as the man's fists continued their pounding upon and into his stomache. He slammed continously the pommel of his sword into the man's back and he brought up his knee hard and felt a satisfying crunch as it connectied with the man's jaw.

The man roared and reared up in pain, his hand grabbing onto Farrel's squeezing it like a vice until Farrel dropped the sword. The man was bleeding profusely from the gash in his forehead and from his nose where Farrel's knee had connected and he kept on coming.

Farrel slipped the left jab the man threw at him and slammed his own fist into the man's massive stomache. It did not even slow him down.  The man grabbed Farrel's throat and began squeezing it, lifting him off the floor.

Farrel tried to pry the hands off his throat, but they were too strong. He tried to breathe but could not. Panic took over as he clawed at the man's hands.  Farrel's eyes bulged as the man coninued squeezing, a reddish yellowed toothed smile creasing the bearded man's face as his small brown eyes stared into Farrel's blue ones.

Farrel struggled harder, but the more he struggled, the more the man squeezed and smiled.  Farrel could feel himself beginning to lose conciousness he kicked out and heard the man grunt and felt the pressure around his neck tighten even more. 

Farrel's lungs screamed for air. His brain screamed for air and when neither received any they both began to shut down.  Farrel began the slow descent into death: at first it was painful, then the pain subsided as darkness began to surround his vision. His heart pounding as fast as it could to meet the demands of his brain. Farrel thought his chest would burst. He stopped struggling and invited death into his doorstep.

Suddenly the man roared and the pressure around Farrel's neck was gone.

Farrel gasped! He drew in a breath; a sweet, life saving breath. His heart beat sending life saving oxygen to his grateful brain. He drew in another breath and another giving his brain the needed oxygen it demanded. Each breath now brought pain as his brain began to function and sent pain signals to where his ribs and stomache had been pummled by the big man.

His eyes popped open and he saw the man lying on the floor, his daggar was up to its hilt in his back.

Farrel looked at the woman who was looking wild eyed at the man she just stabbed to death.  She looked up at Farrel and began backing away until she felt the edge of the bed against her legs.

Farrel gasped out, "Thank you."

The woman sat down upon the bed and just stared at the body on the floor.

Farrel leaned against the wall breathing slowly in each painful, yet sweet breath until he felt he had the energy to head toward the door.  He turned when he heard her voice.

"Aren't you going to arrest me?" she asked.

Farrel shook his head no, "No, I am not going to arrest you. You saved my life. Thank you," he said.

He looked at the body. "I will send someone up to clean up the mess."

She just shook her head. "Your welcome. Your kind of cute."

She layed back down upon the bed, covered herself with blankets and closed her eyes.

Farrel stared at her for a moment and decided the woman must be in shock and then stumbled out the door, his body not yet ready for fast movements yet. He wondered how Thomas had done against the other fellow. He hoped that Thomas did not kill him or else they would never find Petrie and Heath.

Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Mini-mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2007, 02:51:12 AM »

After a little more wandering, Yurie noticed the fresh tang of salt in the air.  It made a nice change to some of the more unpleasant aromas that were hanging around this part of town.  With a purposeful stride, he followed his nose towards the source of this new found scent.

Soon enough he had found a wide river which was slowly snaking its way to the sea.  A bridge ran across it, and numerous boats were moored along the banks.  Yurie stopped walking and took a deep breath, filling his lungs with the slightly fresher air.  He closed his eyes and allowed the smell to take him back in time.  Back to the time when he had first smelt the sea...

...but then he opened his eyes again suddenly.  This wasn't the place to get caught up in memories!  There were still lots of people milling about, and Yurie knew from experience that harbours attracted thieves and vagabonds.

Looking around, Yurie's eyes fell onto a ramshackle building that seemed to be almost falling into the river.  It was an inn of some kind, and quite lively, too.

Yurie glanced at Barega and said, "How 'bout we go wet our whistles?  I could do with a sit down after all that walking!"  Barega cawed in appreciation, and Yurie started to make his way over to the riverside inn.

Simonne Miller
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 07:57:23 PM »

Thomas narrowed his eyes at the man. confident little bugger, wasn't he? Instead of answering, he brought up his own sowrd. He'd show the man what the city's guards were made of, even the young ones. With a deep breath, he was ready to fight. More importantly, he was ready to stay calm. He woul dneed his head if he was going to capture this man and get him to talk.

The soldier ignored the whore who was sitting ont he bed, staring at the two opponents with wide eyes. She didn't pose a threat to him, or so he thought. At least, she didn't have a weapon. When the bandit lunged, thinking he saw an opening, Thomas was prepared. He danced out of the way of the rusty sword. At least he kept his own sword in better condition than that. The movement caused the two of them to switch places. The thug was now standing with his back to the door. If Thomas could force him out of the door onto the hallway, he'd have more room to swing. On the other hand, so would his opponent. In addition to that, the regular patrons of this place were not exactly in favour of official authorities, so if any of the were to come upstairs, they were more than likely to help the other man. That would not at all be a good thing.

The decision of whether or not to drive him out of the room was taken out of the guard's hands when the man lunged again. Apparently, he wasn't prepared to give Thomas any kind of advantage, even if it meant he would have one of his own. However, he was also not prepared for the trick the young man played on him, something he'd learned in the training grounds from his best friend. Instead of dancing out of the way, like he had done the first time, Thomas grabbed the extended wrist and pulled. It caused the thug to lose balance, smacking him against the opposite wall.

He quickly regained his footing, though, and turned around in a flash, swinging his rusty sword in a wide arch that took Thomas by surprise. The soldier instinctively put up an arm to protect his face. Unfortunately, he forgot to block the attack with his sword, because it had come so quickly; he was rewarded with a sudden sting of pain just below his elbow. He sucked in his breath, but otherwise ignored the pain. His retaliation came a second later. He brought down his sword, hard.

He was surprised to see that he had seemingly, purely by chance, knocked the sword out of the man's hand. They looked at each other for a moment. Then the thug dived for the floor, but Thomas was a second faster, kicking the thing out of his reach under the bed. While the other was still scrambling to get up, Thomas took a moment to aim and then expertly struck the guy on the back of his head with the pommel of his sword, knocking him unconscious for a little while - nothing that a nice bucket of water couldn't fix.

With a sigh, he sat down on the bed, wanting a rest for just a little while. Only then did he notice that the woman was still there, staring at him. She hadn't made a sound during the whole of the fight. Thomas grinned at her, then started laughing, purely as a reaction to the relief that the fight was over. "Brave woman, aren't you?" he said when he didn't feel the need to laugh anymore. He wondered what luck Farrel was having in the room next door. Before he went to see, though, he needed some ropes to tie this guy, or the fight would have been for nothing.
Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Mini-mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 07:08:29 PM »

Approaching the inn, Yurie could hear the confused din of the mingled conversations spilling out of the windows as a tangled mess.  And yet there was harmony in the discord.  An underlying rhythm drove it, and to Yurie it sounded like a symphony; a symphony woven from tall stories and idle gossip.

Peering in through the doorway, Yurie could see that the bar was packed.  It was a suffocating blanket of humanity.  Hmm, guess I'll just stay out here where I can breathe, he thought, as he took a quick look around the small courtyard he was standing in.

There were far fewer people out here, just a few idlers contemplating the river that was slowly meandering past as they absent mindedly took sips from their drinks.

Spying an empty table that was close to the river, Yurie made his way over to it.  It felt good to take the weight off his feet as he sank into one of the rickety chairs.

After laying his weapons down close by, he stretched his arms up high over his head and sighed.  The pale sun was hanging low in the sky, its weak rays skimming over the river and binging at least a little warmth.

The smell of the river was much stronger here.  A combination of fresh water and sea.  The riverside was busy with merchants and sailors coming and going.  It brought a delicate smile to Yurie's chaffed lips as he watched them bumbling about like bees, hustle and bustling in a hive of activity.  Yes, sir, it always made doing nothing even better when other people were still working hard!

Just then he was brought back to reality by the sound of a young woman who had approached his table.  She seemed flustered and her voice had been sharpened by her lack of time.

"Wot yer 'avin luv?"

"Well, sister, what can you recommend to warm me up?"

"Depends 'ow much ya wanna spend, luv."

"Tell you the truth, I've got a thirst on me for some Kao-Kao."

"Ok, luv, Kao-Kao it is."

"Oh, and could you put a drop of fire water in there, too?"

She beamed a gappy smile at him.

"O' course, luv!  I'll mek it giv yer a kick up th' arse, I will!"

Yurie started to laugh; he liked this girl.

"And could you get me a cup of water, too?  For my friend, here."  Yurie pointed at the scruffy crow sitting on his shoulder.

The woman looked at the bird as though noticing it for the first time.

"Right yer are, squire."  She said, before rushing over to another table where an elderly man sat, calling for her attention.

Settling back into his chair again, Yurie's hand uncosiously made its way into the pocket where his pipe, weed and tinderbox were lying...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]