Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cedric's Street(Voldar)  (Read 30250 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« on: August 19, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »

Cedric street is named after the current king; King Cedric the Fourth.  It is paved with golden cobblestone, but is in need of repair. There are many varied cracks and potholes throughout the whole street.  It gets worse as it goes from the palace and ends down at the wharf and the docks.  This street is the only street that is straight and wide.  This is where you can find any kind of merchant and their wares available for a price anywhere in the world of Caelereth.  The locals call it the "Kings Pothole" <p>Capher.</p>
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 01:44:27 AM by Capher » Logged
Mac the Slayer
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 10:39:22 AM »

Quote:
"Blak-smithss mayk wep-uns. I re-mem-buh. Wherr wood I lurn to be a blak-smith?" As he is asking this, they have just passed though the gates to the inner city.

He was silent for a few moments as they ambled through the increasing crowd, and smiled as Grunok stared wide-eyed at the inner city's magnificent architecture. 'It is impressive,' he thought, 'and farther than I realized to the center.'

Idly kicking at a loose cobblestone in his path, Mac answered the Orc's question. "Usually you become an 'apprentice' to a blacksmith for a while. That means you work really cheap, or sometimes just for room and board, until the apprenticeship is finished. In exchange, he teaches you the skills of his trade during that time."

Pausing a few moments, he held up four fingers and said "I was apprenticed four years, but that was longer than usual I think. Perhaps you could visit a few blacksmith shops if you're interested in something like that."

Edited by: Mac the Slayer at: 8/20/05 10:30
Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:29:22 PM »

Grunok nods, only half listening. His attention is still on the people around him. Some seem not to notice him, but others look threatening... A little worried and a lot vigilant, Grunok wears a fierce scowl as he stumps mutely alongside Mac.

Grunok's CD

Mac the Slayer
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 10:39:22 AM »

Quote:
A little worried and a lot vigilant, Grunok wears a fierce scowl as he stumps mutely alongside Mac.

The crowd continued to part before them, no doubt mostly due to the Orc's menacing demeanor. Mac shook his head in wonderment at Grunok's determination to fit in a society where he was not only feared and often hated, but which made him so obviously uncomfortable as well.

The crowd thinned a bit as they approached the open center of the town square, with only a small group gathered around the posted announcement of the King's ball. The guest list they sought was nearby, and the few waiting to sign quickly scattered as the pair approached. The man writing his name hurriedly finished and thrust the quill pen into Mac's hand before moving away as well.

'Now what?' wondered Mac, 'I doubt the Orc can even write his name...'

He dipped the quill into the open bottle and signed his name in a scrawling hand, purposely smearing ink on his fingers in the process. Grimacing, he turned to Grunok and showed him the ink stained hand, saying "Great. This pen leaks like a sieve, and there's no sense in both of us getting an ink bath. Want me to write your name while I'm at it?"

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 03:23:22 PM »

As they approached the post upon which the list of attendees to the ball hung, Grunok's anxiety got worse and worse. What will I do? he wonders, panickily. I can't write! How will I tell Mac? I don't want to tell him! And with all these people around...

Mac takes a large feather from a man and signs his name on the register. Then miraculously, he turns to Grunok and offers to write his, Grunok's name as well. Relief floods the Orc, making him a little dizzy, and so he looks a little cross-eyed as he responds quietly:

"Yess, pleezss."

Grunok's CD

Mac the Slayer
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 10:17:22 PM »

Quote:
"Yess, pleezss."

Grunok's obvious relief caused Mac to smile inwardly as he wrote the other's name below his own, spelling the odd name as best he could. Feeling a measure of satisfaction at avoiding unnecessary embarrassment for the Orc, he thought ruefully 'You'll have enough of that anyway my friend, and too many folks glad to see it.'

Wiping his hand and the the quill pen on a cloth provided, he stood the quill pen in a block of wood bored for that purpose and snugly stoppered the ink bottle. Turning to Grunok with a grin, he said "Well, we're now signed up for the King's ball. Do you have any other business in this part of town before we head back?"

Edited by: Mac the Slayer at: 8/22/05 14:32
Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 06:28:22 AM »

Grunok looks around at Mac's words, wondering what else he might possibly have to do here. "Noh, Mac, thatt is awl."

Grunok turns, and begins the walk back down the uneven cobbles that are Cedric's street. As he passes through the gates back into the outer city, the splendour of the buildings fades, but the crowd also thins out again and Grunok is left feeling much more comfortable. As they reach the military barrcks on the left, he turns down the street which runs in front of them, looking to his companion to check both that they are headed in the right direction, and whether Mac has followed him.

Grunok's CD

Mac the Slayer
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 11:49:22 AM »

Quote:
As they reach the military barrcks on the left, he turns down the street which runs in front of them, looking to his companion to check both that they are headed in the right direction, and whether Mac has followed him.

Huffing from the brisk pace set by Grunok, Mac chided himself a bit, thinking 'I've got to start walking more and stop riding that horse so much.'

Nodding assurance in response to the Orc's questioning glance, he hoped they weren't going to pick up the pace any further...

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 07:55:22 AM »

Grunok notices Mac's laboured breathing and slows down his pace the rest of the way back to Arth's.

((Moving to Arth's thread))

Grunok's CD

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:14:22 PM »

Damien now dressed in just a pair of black leather pants, black soft soled leather boots and a soft linen black shirt, that billowed at the sleeves walked through Cedric street.  He still carred his Kyranian axe upon his back.  As he passed people he could hear the whispers.  He stoically ignored them, but the constant voices of the town crier's grated upon his already frayed nerves.  Suddenly he found himself in the center of town where the sign stood that asked the people to sign if they were going to the ball.  He looked at the names and noticed his name Commander Damien Scar  He took the quill pen out of the inkwell and crossed out Commander and in its place wrote Baron  Satisfied, he continued on his way to Arth's.

OOC continued at Arth's.

Capher.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2005, 06:03:22 AM »

After a little asking around, Ratdragon finds Cedric's Street. The golden elf charges onto the street, his iron clad boots clanking as he ran.Realizing he had made it to his destination, Ratdragon slowed his pace and studied the street. The cobbles were gold, but in ill repair with loose and cracked cobbles. The elf gazed around at the many merchants lining the streets, he needed to ask about who the orc killed. There was no shortage of people, but who to ask?

Spotting a dark-haired woman selling perfumes, Ratdragon approached her stall. Before she could offer any of her wares, the elf attempted to make gossip. " Hello lady, fine day today isn't it"?

The woman nodded dismissively, and replied, Yes, a wonderful day. Perfect for wearing one of these wonderful perfumes...

Ignoring her statement, the elf continued. Yes, a wonderful day, except I did hear that a woman was attacked by an orc. I of course have nothing to do with the orc, don't know his name or anything. But you wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you? He realized as he said this that it was a fairly weak statement, and probably hinted that he did have something to do with the orc.

Eyeing him suspiciously, the woman inquired haughtily, Look, are you going to buy some perfume or what? I do have better things to do you know!

Losing his temper, the elf burst out. No I don't want any of your smelly perfumes! Just answer the question!"

This of course, didn't get him very far in the conversation. The woman made a sharp noise of irritation before picking up a bottle of perfume and hurling it at the elf's face.

Stumbling back as the glass container exploded on him, Ratdragon quickly walked away from the stall, smelling of cheap cinnamon. Continuing farther down the street, Ratdragon found a burly blacksmith selling his wares. Not bothering to look at the wares, the elf decided to handle this one a little better. Smiling at the man, Ratdragon spoke; ""Hello good sir, nice wares you've got here."

The man smiled at the compliment, gesturing at some horseshoes. "Yea, got some of the finest iron horseshoes there are. Ifn' you be needin' any, go right ahead and find a set you like.'

Not having a horse as a mount, the elf certainly didn't need any horseshoes.  Pretending to inspect them, the elf continued. "Ah, yes. Masterwork material here. I will come back and purchase some later. Right now I need information. What do you know about an orc killing a woman in this city today.?"

The man smiled at the prospect of the elf coming later to buy his wares, and nodded at the question. "Aye, the best person to ask would be Karshi, he should be in the black market."

Nodding to the man, Ratdragon thanked him and promised to come back; then he ran off again to find the black market.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2005, 01:19:22 AM »

Suddenly the night air is broken by the cries of the town criers:  "The King! The King! The King has been murdered!  The King! The King! has been murdered!"

Their voices rang throughout the city

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 03:25:23 AM »

Damien was silent as he and Grunok walked side by side through the palace grounds, around the garden and out of the palace gates into the city proper.

The streets were already bustling with activity; merchants opening up their shops, farmers coming in from the fields to sell their grain and other goods.  Excitement seemed to fill the air everywhere they went.  The Tournament and the ball afterwards was always a welcomed event, and the people had been starved for it ever since Cedric had banished it almost five years ago.

Damien led Grunok through the crowd who magically opened when they saw Damien and Grunok come their way. Damien nodded here and there as he went along, even saying a brief hello neighbor to someone he recognized.

Finally the crowds thinned a bit as they walked farther down Cedric street toward the more poorer section of town. When they became close to where Wilma lived, the seamstress, Damien noticed a long line of ladies, both young and old standing outside Wilma's door. I should have thought of that, Wilma would be busier than a hive of bees. I wonder if I should just try and buy some clothes for Grunok? he thought.

He turned away when a voice called out to him. "Ey Damien, ye come all this way just to leave?"

Damien turned back and saw Wilma's head poking out of her window. "You seem to be busy old girl, I will come back later."

"Nonsense, ye come right in and bring 'runok with ye." Wilma always had a hard time with her "g's".

Several groans came from the ladies standing in line.

"Maybe later, Wilma. I do not want all these beautiful ladies mad at me or Grunok." Damien replied, broadly smiling at the ladies; some blushed and their was some light twitters of laughter heard here and there.

"Ye were always a flatterer, Damien, even when ye first came here. Now do not make me ask ye twice, come in here."

Damien shook his head, knowing it would be useless to refuse her, besides he loved the old girl. He had known her ever since he was a lowly guard. She was the one who first made and sewed the gold stripe upon the bottom of his cape when he became "Captain of the Guards" or the Commander as he was normally called.

He was sure surprised to find out it was her that everyone had said Grunok had killed and had hoped that that had not been the truth. Then after Cedric was killed, she showed up and told the truth about the whole matter.  That exonerated Grunok in the people's eyes, well most of them, there were always the few that held prejudices.

He led Grunok pass the line of ladies into Wilma's home and shop. They let them pass, most of them gawking at Grunok as they had not seen an orc up close before.

A young girl was standing on a pedestal when Damien and Grunok entered Wilma's shop and home. She was covered in a very pretty pink colored bolt of cloth, but Damien could see between the cloth that the girl was only dressed in her underthings.  When the young girl who had been busily talking with her friends saw Damien and Grunok, she squealed and tried to jump off of the pedestal.  Damien tried to hide a smile.

"Sush 'irl and stay where ye be or else ye lose your place. Besides if ye want blood to be added to yer clothes, stand still, those pins are mighty sharp."

"But...But," the young girl squealed looking at Damien and Grunok.

"But what, child. Men in here. Your completely covered. Now sush and let me finish this pinning. Besides Damien is a 'entleman and a pillar of discretion, are you not Damien?" Wilma asked.

"I sure am Ma'am," Damien replied with a twinkle in his eye. "I will never tell that I saw this young lady with nothing on but her underthings." He replied in jest.

"Oooooo," the young lady said and began to cry.

"What?" Damien asked. "Would she prefer that I do tell that I saw her in her underthings?" Damien said, with a mock look of confusement on his face as he looked up and down the line of ladies at the doorway and in the shop.

There were some twitters of laughter heard from the line of ladies and more as the story was told farther down the line.

"Oooo," The young lady said again, this time stomping her foot.

"Commander!" Wilma's voice cut like a sharp knife.

Damien knew he had stepped out of bounds when Wilma called him that. He sheepishly turned his head toward her.

"That is enough. She is only a young 'irl now apolo'ize."

Damien grew serious and really looked at the young lady upon the pedestal. She was looking at him, with tears in her eyes. She had a very pretty round face, with clear white skin that really set off her dark red hair that fell in waved tresses almost to the middle of her back. Damien guessed she was in her middle teens.  He knelt upon one knee, bowed his head, raised it and said seriously, "I apologize miss for my jesting. You are a very beautiful young lady. I would be honored if you would put my name upon your dance card this evening."

The young lady turned her face upwards. "Apology accepted. I do not, however, dance with old men." She said haughtily.

That brought more twitters of laughter from the ladies and even Wilma tried to hide a smile. Most of them knew about Damien's reputation or at least the rumors and to be upped one by one of their own, especially a youngster, was amusing, even if secretly most, especially the unmarried ones, and some of the married ones, would have loved to have had the attention that the young girl was receiving.

Damien rose up. Old? Me? he thought. Then he caught his reflection in a looking glass.  His black eyes stared back at him but he could see more wrinkles around them and around his mouth.  His hair was still black as midnight, but he could see some graying as well.  His mind had fooled him; it had told him he was still in his youth, but the looking glass told the truth, he had aged. No longer a youth in his twenties he was in his mid-thirties an old man in the eyes of young ladies such as the one upon the pedestal. "Touch'e, miss," he said softly.

"Now Damien I know ye did come here just to 'awk at the ladies. What brings you and 'runok here?" Wilma asked as she finished with the young lady who she helped down from the pedestal. "Now be careful when ye take it off. I do not want to pin ye a'ain." she said.

"I was wondering Wilma if you could sew up some clothes for Grunok here?" Damien asked.

A groan came from the line of ladies.

"Now ladies, it will not take me much time to sew 'runok up."

"Well Wilma I was hoping you would sew him a new set of clothes."

More groans.

"Ye sure picked a bad time Damien. But I think I can do it, let me measure him and I will have them ready before the tourney starts. I assume that is why you want the clothes, so he looks 'ood when he is brought before the King and knighted."

Damien nodded.

"Ok, then. 'runok please come here so I can measure you." Wilma asked looking at him.

Damien looked at Grunok and suddenly thought, I wonder what he thinks of all of this?

Capher.

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 04:57:23 AM »

Grunok watches Damien tease the girl and, as he doesn't understand teasing in the way humans do it, is very confused.  He is not sure if the commander is actually being cruel to the female or kind to her; he thinks from her reaction that it is probably cruel.  What is going on? he thinks with consternation.  First he was kind to females, now he is cruel?  Which is it?  Ohh, these strange humans. The orc shakes his head and gives a low grumbling growl of confusion as Wilma steps toward him to measure him.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:32:23 AM »

Wilma quickly measured Grunok. "He be a large fella, Damien. His thighs be rounder than most mens waists, and his arms are almost as bi', not saying anything about his chest.  But I shall make the clothes nonetheless.  They will be ready by tourney time."

"Thanks old girl," Damien said as he kissed her on the cheek. "There will be a tent set up for him, Tregior will have his armour there as well, you can drop his clothes off in there."

"As you wish Damien, now 'it so I can finish with these ladies."

Damien made a sweeping low bow to all of the ladies. "Excuse me ladies, I hope that Grunok and I have not made too much of a stir.  And I hope to be able to dance with each and everyone of you later tonight," he raised his voice a bit, "And that includes you too." he said to the young girl who was still behind the dressing curtain with her friends. He received no reply, though he really was not expecting one and then he and Grunok left and went back into the city.

"Grunok all of a sudden I am awfully thirsty. How about a nice ale before we go back to the palace.  Arth's is just up the street."

OOC the rest at Arth's.

Capher.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]